PDA

View Full Version : So it's been like 6 years since TeamPVP was announced....

Dulu
06-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Is it still in development?

If you've stopped developing it, that's OK. Just let us know. I don't invest too much time in Red anymore because I'm waiting for Discord. If Discord is never coming, I'd like to know so I can start focusing on Red and not have to worry.

Trollhide
06-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Their tenacity is the only reason to respect EQ pvp'ers but goddamn do you guys have it in spades

Ele
06-28-2016, 10:39 AM
by "announced" you mean spun up in the rumor mill by disenfranchised redbros?

Dulu
06-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Assuming discord is launched, there will be an end date for the server - red will always be there.

Just something to consider.

Personally I'd love it if they made a teams server but it's definitely all quiet.

I thought Discord was the codename for Teams?

Are they different?

I'm looking for a classic Team PvP like Tallon/Vallon/Sullon zek, or some combination of those old rulesets.

Videri
06-28-2016, 08:26 PM
I thought Discord was the codename for Teams?

Are they different?

I'm looking for a classic Team PvP like Tallon/Vallon/Sullon zek, or some combination of those old rulesets.

Yes, they are two different concepts. Teams would be like Red but with racial or custom teams; Discord would be FFA with permadeath and full item loot.

Also, I don't think there has been a firm announcement that Teams is ever happening. I seem to remember a post advertising for Discord, but no follow up in what feels like a year. Then that Zek server happened, and people woke both sleepers, and Velious patches slowed down; it seems to me the devs are probably busy or uninspired for the time being (as an artist, I've been there).

As a player, I would go forward with no expectations and find the funniest thing that exists NOW.

Dulu
06-28-2016, 09:33 PM
I see, well thank you both.

I'd be happy with either, but I don't see "Discord" being very popular for long. It would quickly degenerate into a dozen or so neckbeards on their own little island tormenting random noobs who roll a character on the server.

I hope Teams comes soon.

Videri
06-28-2016, 10:36 PM
I meant "funnest."

I wonder how a Discord server would turn out. I think the point is for people to forget about pixels and just PvP; but I'd predict the permadeath mechanic would cause some players to play suuuuuper safe, cowardly, always running and plugging and never fighting, then sniping kills of opportunity. I guess that is a game in and of itself, and people already play like that on Red, but I would hope for mechanics that encourage and facilitate actual combat.

Anyway. Hope you find some fun! I've been AFK for a month, but I had been enjoying Red. The Mad Haters here in Forumland make it sound bad, but there is fun to be had and friendships to be made and EQ to be played. I like it.

Videri
06-28-2016, 10:37 PM
PLUS...no wiping.

Dulu
06-29-2016, 01:10 AM
I meant "funnest."

I wonder how a Discord server would turn out. I think the point is for people to forget about pixels and just PvP; but I'd predict the permadeath mechanic would cause some players to play suuuuuper safe, cowardly, always running and plugging and never fighting, then sniping kills of opportunity. I guess that is a game in and of itself, and people already play like that on Red, but I would hope for mechanics that encourage and facilitate actual combat.

Anyway. Hope you find some fun! I've been AFK for a month, but I had been enjoying Red. The Mad Haters here in Forumland make it sound bad, but there is fun to be had and friendships to be made and EQ to be played. I like it.

Why don't you come back?

I'd love to have someone to play with on red.

We could start fresh and breeze through to levels, running Mage/Shaman or something equally broken. :D

Teppler
06-29-2016, 09:40 AM
I meant "funnest."

It'll be a total nightmare and blast just like it was on live. Hopefully without hackers ruining everything though.

I want discord server so bad.