PDA

View Full Version : Returning to p99 - need some advice

Roth
06-28-2016, 11:44 PM
So I haven't really been playing for a while, last played on tpl servers which was a fun experience and I did a lot there, but it wasn't the same really as the classic experience.

So now I'm back here and looking to play in a way that isn't too stressful. in the past I've played a variety of classes and races, mostly iksar necro, troll sk, iksar shaman, high elf mage, and dark elf mage. So I trend towards self reliant solo classes, and I like to group a lot and explore. I rolled an erudite mage because I never really leveled up through the western half of the map, and so far I like it, but I wanted to ask for opinions:

What quests are good things to do leveling that way(or just fun to do in general)?

What would be a good general direction(leveling path) for solo/group on the western part of the map?

Should I try a different race/class combo?

Just general ideas/opinions on things I should aim for?

Mostly I'm just looking to have fun, and kind of recapture an exploration feeling. I fizzle out a lot in the mid 30s so I'm mostly concerned about low level content. Also wanted to just see what people thought and had to say.

Cuktus
06-29-2016, 12:04 AM
The warrens is a great zone once you can handle the first mobs... 4 with your pet i think. You can turn in the molars they drop for xp+ringmail pieces at the pally guild. From there... there's always Blackburrow or the karanas.

Dulu
06-29-2016, 12:05 AM
If you're having fun, keep going. No reason to re-roll, Mages are fun, and good for groups/soloing until cap! Not really ideal for raiding other than a few niche uses, or until you get your epic, and even then they're meh raiders.. but you said yourself you're more into casual play, so the Mage suits you well.

Main advice I can give is for you to come play on Red99. Less population, but it stays interesting. There is also a nice XP bonus to help it go faster.