PDA

View Full Version : Raid life has been great since awakened ban

JayDee
06-30-2016, 12:33 AM
Really fun and friendly raid atmosphere the past week. This thread is not intended to knock awakened and their insatiable lust for loot.

It's nice to see guilds working together harmoniously and having a great time. The attitude has trickled down and has had a real positive impact on the way people interact with one another.

Again, this thread is not here to knock TR/IB/Awakened and how they ruin every server they play on.

pickled_heretic
06-30-2016, 04:32 PM
this post is almost as passive-aggressive as my boss is.

i'm genuinely impressed

Thulack
06-30-2016, 04:36 PM
So if people have enjoyed no competition then why not lets get some instancing going on? :)

Tupakk
06-30-2016, 04:38 PM
No competition = no fun

Erati
06-30-2016, 04:42 PM
There once was a time IB was raid suspended and TMO trained the ever living crap out of Taken in the VS pit. To make a long story short, TMO felt they wronged Taken's attempt and wanted to offer "something" to make it up, as Taken was ready to file a petition against TMO. ( I think BDA wound up killing that VS for a double eww factor )

This was during the Class System Era (C,R,FFA) and VS now classified as Class C. With IB suspended, TMO could offer the loot from the very next VS to Taken because IB could not touch it. This basically squashed any petition Taken could have submitted as they got a VS in return for the VS they had lost.

Had IB not been suspended, this would have never happened.

Its crazy what guilds are able to offer other guilds when the main competition is suspended, it certainly makes dealing with the top guild much easier since they have a plethora of mobs at their fingertips that can be offered.

Crazy to think about...

Batso
06-30-2016, 05:28 PM
It has been a good time.

azeth
06-30-2016, 05:29 PM
op got served 5 posts in

Tasslehofp99
06-30-2016, 05:48 PM
That late night attempt at sontalak was fun with AG/Omni/Rustle/Aftermath all taking part. For a half assed attempt at 3 in the morning we didn't do half bad, better than I'd expected atleast.

Uuruk
06-30-2016, 08:10 PM
There once was a time IB was raid suspended and TMO trained the ever living crap out of Taken in the VS pit. To make a long story short, TMO felt they wronged Taken's attempt and wanted to offer "something" to make it up, as Taken was ready to file a petition against TMO. ( I think BDA wound up killing that VS for a double eww factor )

This was during the Class System Era (C,R,FFA) and VS now classified as Class C. With IB suspended, TMO could offer the loot from the very next VS to Taken because IB could not touch it. This basically squashed any petition Taken could have submitted as they got a VS in return for the VS they had lost.

Its crazy what guilds are able to offer other guilds when the main competition is suspended, it certainly makes dealing with the top guild much easier since they have a plethora of mobs at their fingertips that can be offered.

Crazy to think about...
Great elf story

Cecily
06-30-2016, 09:08 PM

Crazy to think about...

Cool story. Remember when TMO got suspended and everyone loved how the server was with them gone? Yeah it's the same thing.

JayDee
06-30-2016, 09:36 PM
So if people have enjoyed no competition then why not lets get some instancing going on? :)

Nothing has changed minus the extraction of one guild and the dismemberment of another.

But again, this thread is not about them.

Freakish
06-30-2016, 09:47 PM
I attribute this to BDA being gone.

Cecily
06-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Lol that's probably it.

Landylil
06-30-2016, 11:29 PM
It's been a great week, will be sad when we pull a Breakfast club and act like we don't know each other once it is all over. This shit felt classic, thanks for the adventures.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-30-2016, 11:33 PM
I blue is so gay... Like way to happy it's scary

indiscriminate_hater
07-01-2016, 12:34 AM
bring back the compass

Atmas
07-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Cool story. Remember when TMO got suspended and everyone loved how the server was with them gone? Yeah it's the same thing.

Yep, SSDD

The Prez
07-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Vulak certainly appreciates it. I hear he's still up, and no one can kill him.

Nirgon
07-01-2016, 01:16 PM

Crazy to think about...

Crazy to tl;dr...... (knock on the rules not the posting pal)

staff just needs to enforce a rotation and remove variance... way easier to police imo

Redi
07-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Very pleasant thread and OP

Man class system must have been horrible

Skew
07-01-2016, 11:10 PM
No competition = no fun

Looking forward to the Awakened ragelords returning to be honest.

Lojik
07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
What if instead of raid mob rotations there were raid ban rotations?

Tupakk
07-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Looking forward to the Awakened ragelords returning to be honest.

Me to , were at a 3% loss for the week because they aren't raiding. :(

smoflow
07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Hey, just wanted to come in and say yer all a bunch of dorks! L8er!

Doors
07-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Crazy to tl;dr...... (knock on the rules not the posting pal)

staff just needs to enforce a rotation and remove variance... way easier to police imo

qft fam.

Thulack
07-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Not classic and you know it.

Plus you need an upper 1% for the 99% to lust to be, thus they continue to play to try to become the 1%

Nirgon come back to the "community," we miss you.

Rotations are classic :) Just not all servers had them

Nixtar
07-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Classic had progression. It kept the competition fresh for those who wanted it, rather than becoming this petty and bitter rush to be the first to engage. There were server firsts to be had, new mobs, new zones. Today we know everything, we've seen everything.

The only thing left for some is the competition and holy shit is it time to quit when you reach that point.

Signal
07-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Project 1999 has a decent set of rules right now. It has the potential to be very fun and be something to look forward to. The only thing holding that back is the 16 hour variance. If the variance was cut down to 4 hours it would probably be the most competitive and fun raid scene this server has ever had. Currently though it is a meat grinder and will keep some guilds from competing while eventually burning out players that do compete.

Hopefully they fix that aspect of it soon.

nyclin
07-07-2016, 10:17 AM
16 hour windows aren't that bad when everything is close together. It can keep things interesting I guess.

The problem comes up after windows get spread out like they are now. Mobs are currently spawning between Monday AM and Friday PM, which means basically 5 full days of tracking.

My personal (and unpopular) opinion is that all raid mobs should respawn simultaneously on a given day of the week. Earthquakes have resulted in some of the best fun I've had raiding on this server, and it'd be awesome to have that frantic experience once a week.

Signal
07-07-2016, 09:51 PM
16 hour windows aren't that bad when everything is close together. It can keep things interesting I guess.

The problem comes up after windows get spread out like they are now. Mobs are currently spawning between Monday AM and Friday PM, which means basically 5 full days of tracking.

My personal (and unpopular) opinion is that all raid mobs should respawn simultaneously on a given day of the week. Earthquakes have resulted in some of the best fun I've had raiding on this server, and it'd be awesome to have that frantic experience once a week.

The bolded part just isn't true. Anything over 8 hours with this racing system is terrible. Also lower windows give you something close to what you desire. Just won't make it simultaneous. It will make for a fun 4 to 8 hours every week when repops happen though.

Cecily
07-07-2016, 09:53 PM

Ugh. Having to raid everyday in a raiding guild. I happened to like the long spread out windows because there was a good chance you'd kill something at least once a day.

Signal
07-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Ugh. Having to raid everyday in a raiding guild. You know I happened to like the long spread out windows back in the day because there was a good chance you'd kill something at least once a day.

I can agree with the sentiment there. However back in the day you didn't have the sheer number of mobs that Velious added. I'd like to have something fun for people to enjoy and keeps people around. Instead we see fun people to play the game with burn out and leave.

Culkasi
07-08-2016, 02:50 AM
The bolded part just isn't true. Anything over 8 hours with this racing system is terrible. Also lower windows give you something close to what you desire. Just won't make it simultaneous. It will make for a fun 4 to 8 hours every week when repops happen though.

Problem with 8 hrs vs 16 hrs is that you are going to only cater to the people in that one timezone - imagine all the windows got reset at 8am with 8 hour variance for instance :)

Pokesan
07-08-2016, 02:56 AM
no mercy for poopsockers.

increase variance and break them to save Norrath from their sickness.

Signal
07-08-2016, 04:14 AM
Problem with 8 hrs vs 16 hrs is that you are going to only cater to the people in that one timezone - imagine all the windows got reset at 8am with 8 hour variance for instance :)

Just isn't true. The timers will be set by the time hard server reset repops occur. Nobody is leaving mobs up when there is competition. So no windows are getting spread to certain time zones. Raid guilds will raid at any hour. We learned that by now on this server. When we from larger raiding guilds tell you something is better. Just trust us for once and understand that it is better.

mropey
07-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Not classic and you know it.

Love when people say this. Nothing on this server is fucking classic. Mob names are, I guess.

Erati
07-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Mob names are, I guess.

actually the way the name appears is unclassic there should be no shadowing making it much easier to read

http://i.imgur.com/kQOXp1E.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jU20IW6.jpg

compared to here on P99

http://i.imgur.com/OCkxR3t.jpg

dat drop shadow...

Zill
07-10-2016, 02:23 PM
I always think I want to play P99 for fun then I come to the forums and read threads like these and suddenly get the feeling I'm stepping into a locker room of sweaty nerds arguing over who gets dibs on the water fountain, shower and toilet paper rights.

Crashking
07-10-2016, 03:15 PM
I always think I want to play P99 for fun then I come to the forums and read threads like these and suddenly get the feeling I'm stepping into a locker room of sweaty nerds arguing over who gets dibs on the water fountain, shower and toilet paper rights.

Since when do you think the nerds had any control of any of that in a locker room? I'd say they were lucky to be the ones signing out the equipment, but then again what do I know, not like I can remember that far back.

Kagey
07-10-2016, 08:48 PM

Says the drama queen who apped to us knowing just how dominating we were on the raid scene. Then gets kick. and all of a sudden says shes all casual.

botrainer
07-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Only difference from an Awakened ban and TMO ban is this, Awakened everyone ELSE can still raid as normal. TMO gets ban, and the whole server STOPS raiding. Oh TMO you'll be missed....not.

Also new raid "agreements" are created with a TMO ban (even Class rotations C / FFA / R) even new FTE Rules were applied Oh man TMO really messed up this server.

Cecily
07-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Says the drama queen who apped to us knowing just how dominating we were on the raid scene. Then gets kick. and all of a sudden says shes all casual.

No, I applied to you after an extended period of time spent playing casually, all the while talking massive amounts of shit about both Awakened and Aftermath. Mostly ridiculing the pathetic lengths to which you raiders go chasing dragon pixels. But I'm no different. I've been at the absolute bottom, doing anything to see content. I did something despicable. I joined Taken, err Awakened. And I am ashamed of myself.

Kagey
07-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Imagine if you were never kicked.. and talking mad shit to everyone else other then Awakened, being someone else completely from who you claim to be now. 2faced.

Thulack
07-10-2016, 09:54 PM
No, I applied to you after an extended period of time spent playing casually, all the while talking massive amounts of shit about both Awakened and Aftermath. Mostly ridiculing the pathetic lengths to which you raiders go chasing dragon pixels. But I'm no different. I've been at the absolute bottom, doing anything to see content. I did something despicable. I joined Taken, err Awakened. And I am ashamed of myself.

Usually people dont keep talking about stuff they are ashamed of ;)

Cecily
07-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Usually people dont keep talking about stuff they are ashamed of ;)

I feel it's important to share my story and make sure others don't repeat my mistake.

Thulack
07-10-2016, 10:26 PM
I feel it's important to share my story and make sure others don't repeat my mistake.

True. Letting people know what to do to get booted from a guild is a good warning story.

Cecily
07-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Imagine if you were never kicked.. and talking mad shit to everyone else other then Awakened, being someone else completely from who you claim to be now. 2faced.

That is exactly what I would be doing. Besides, you know, talking shit because you can't do that in Awakened or mom and dad take your DKP for saying bad words on the forums. But omg... the things Awakened me would be thinking when some casual didn't think that our pretentious recruitment kill list was cool enough.