PDA

View Full Version : Server Rules location - Library

DoucLangur
07-01-2016, 01:26 PM
As far as I can tell by searching the forums, all binding rules for playing on blue are located in the forum section "Important" -> "Library".

It is labeled "The Project 1999 Library for Guides and Policies."

"Raid Discussion" forum section comes on top of that, as it applies to guild (dis)agreements.

Anything else?

DoucLangur
07-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Oh no no, you have to read all the posts about anything disputed in the last 3 years to get an understanding of the rules rules.

The rules are vague, and there has been a lot of case study (forum debate) that has added rules to the rules and rules to those rules of rules.

Best to ask a raider about all the real rules, dont listen to swish (he doesnt raid)

Lol. You made my day. :D Thanks!

Gimp
07-01-2016, 07:50 PM
What questions do you have, my son?

DoucLangur
07-02-2016, 04:31 AM
What questions do you have, my son?

Nothing in particular, my point was, if someone in game starts to argue about something that isn't in the library with the words "blabla is p1999 rule" then I can basically ignore them.

Edit: I'd just hate to ignore them / tell them to stfu and later find out that I actually overlooked something valid

Cecily
07-02-2016, 05:06 AM
my point was, if someone in game starts to argue about something that isn't in the library with the words "blabla is p1999 rule" then I can basically ignore them.

Well your point's wrong. At least half of our current raiding rules are passed on by word of mouth and not formally written in an easily accessible document. Like Rivthis said, raiders and really only raiders will know what rules, written or otherwise, are relevant.

Like show me in the library where it says you can't pop an eye of zomm in seb to entrance to establish a CoTH link. I don't know if you could find that easily, because it's an Amelinda? ruling from 3+ years ago. It's still illegal until the staff says otherwise. And if they say otherwise you probably wouldn't have an easy time finding that 6 months from then.

Fianna
07-02-2016, 05:26 AM
The Play Nice Policy is not located in the library either, its located in this subforum: Server chat - its a sticky.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299

There are also other rules listed in the EC trading subforum that relates to scamming and fraud.

Basically what Cecily said, there are many rules on this server and some of them are even unwritten. Its confusing for a new player but such is life on P99

Nuggie
07-02-2016, 07:53 AM
Yea, the server has had a rough go from day one as far as raid rules go. It comes about from people trying to "get an edge" over the competition. They try to find the easiest way that game mechanics allow, which btw is human nature. Some of the stuff they find and try isn't kosure with the staff or devs, so a rule is made against it.

If you come and play the way the game was meant to be played you should be fine. Like was previously mentioned, if there is any question then ask a raid (leader).

Edit - hopefully, someday soon, the neckbeards will move on and there will be ample time to kill raid mobs any day of the week.

Freakish
07-02-2016, 07:59 AM
First the rules were, "Get yellow text FTE, dragon is yours." So people began corpsing DA idols and farming SoulFires, Extend the engage as long as possible until your force can back you up!

Then the rules were only 2 trackers on a spawn and trackers cannot get FTE. So trackers became mages, who would cast Call of the Hero on someone near zoneline. Then it got worse, and duck CoTHing was introduced. Mages from both sides were forced to chain cast CoTH entire windows. Still within the raid rules.

Every time a raid rule is introduced it gets stretched to the brinking point. Can't go faster than SoW? I'll drop levitate on an incline because that makes you jump a few feet further ahead.

phacemeltar
07-02-2016, 01:41 PM
swish i quit when u quit, now i come back to find out that there are still cat pictures being posted! such confused