PDA

View Full Version : Give Red 10% of your population

Mleh
07-04-2016, 03:08 AM
Uncontested camps, tons of handouts, power levels, respect beyond belief!

Join the red server today! With your participation, the 1% that controls and boners Red will boner shrink and become obsolete!

I mentioned uncontested camps, but, many camps are camped by the level 60 elite for big PvP items. In general though, you can do what you want and play with your friends here.

Why sit on your hands watching a raid guild do everything you want to when you can kill people and form great alliances!?

:eek: RED 99!! THUNDERDOME!! :eek:

Pokesan
07-04-2016, 03:15 AM
no

Zuranthium
07-04-2016, 03:17 AM
People really should play on Red now (if they want to do p1999 in the first place) unless they are super-invested in Blue. You get an exp bonus, shit isn't overcamped, and you get some extra excitement of occasional PvP. There's a chance now for multiple top guilds to eventually form as well, allowing for actual competition at the top, in a far more fun way than the idiocy of Blue server.

Dulu
07-04-2016, 03:39 AM
KISS THE MLEH

THUNDERDOME UNITE

Uuruk
07-04-2016, 03:40 AM
no

Jimjam
07-04-2016, 04:23 AM
I don't like the xp bonus, it accelerates you through the late teens/twenties way too quickly, which is a shame as those are the most fun levels.

Zuranthium
07-04-2016, 05:37 AM
I don't like the xp bonus, it accelerates you through the late teens/twenties way too quickly, which is a shame as those are the most fun levels.

Just take some deaths if you want to stay at those levels and/or spend time traveling between different leveling spots (or doing more difficult places that would normally be considered "not worth it" because of slower exp) or even doing some PvP.

Tecmos Deception
07-04-2016, 07:27 AM
Uncontested camps, tons of handouts, power levels, respect beyond belief!

Not classic.

Jimjam
07-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Just take some deaths if you want to stay at those levels and/or spend time traveling between different leveling spots (or doing more difficult places that would normally be considered "not worth it" because of slower exp) or even doing some PvP.

There is no low level PVP when I look for it (or even invite people to come fight me). Perhaps it happens when I am not online, or in places I don't frequent.

Even going to unrest or mistmoore and asking for people to log in and fight doesn't work. For what it is worth at least the griefer twinks are gone.

Rararboker
07-04-2016, 11:04 AM

Wtf? Those are the worse levels. Everything pre 30 is lane imo.

mr_jon3s
07-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I have tried red a couple of times. First time made a cleric but couldn't find a group for over an hour. Finally someone logs on and says they want to group. Run from BBM with no sow to Kelethin meet the guy but don't get bound because no one to bind me. Guys a little twinked and we start killing stuff. He waits till were far enough away from the guards and procedes to kill me. Go run back loot my corpse leave play for another hour but no one else to group with so I quit.

Phenyo
07-04-2016, 12:19 PM
I have tried red a couple of times. First time made a cleric but couldn't find a group for over an hour. Finally someone logs on and says they want to group. Run from BBM with no sow to Kelethin meet the guy but don't get bound because no one to bind me. Guys a little twinked and we start killing stuff. He waits till were far enough away from the guards and procedes to kill me. Go run back loot my corpse leave play for another hour but no one else to group with so I quit.
lol

mr_jon3s
07-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Another problem with red is people level in waves. So if you luck out and create a new character when the wave has already started moving you are stuck soloing till the next wave of people start leveling.

I was lucky on the next character I started a couple months after the cleric. A guy was starting a new twink as I was starting my druid and duoed with me the first day till he logged. Ended up getting to 13 so the next day I ran to oasis and got into a trio ended up hitting 20 before everyone quit. From 20 I got a mistmore group, made it to 29 and did some pvp in mistmoore which was our group of non twinks vs 2 twinked out people. Only reason pvp stopped was we out leveled them.

Last group I got was in OT and ended up getting to 33. Then IRL called I had to go for a couple days and I missed the wave. No one was around my level when I logged in everyone was either to low or to high. I soloed for a couple levels but ended up quiting again due to boredom.

statuepaladin
07-04-2016, 12:54 PM
What sort of handouts? I have a few low level characters that I want play on red but it's almost impossible to get some starter equipment. I would bring over my brother to play if I could find some nice fella to help us starting out.

myriverse
07-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a sick combo of tithing and human sacrifice. F that.

Bboboo
07-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Been gone a year and people still beg blue to play red.

http://i.imgur.com/exB4j3t.jpg

statuepaladin
07-04-2016, 02:15 PM
I would like to join red but it's near impossible trying to find some starter equipment for the grind. If someone had items rotting in the closet on red that I could use, that would help.

Bionic
07-04-2016, 02:19 PM
I play Red and I'll tell you the truth: It sucks completely.

Wipe it clean or turn the damn thing off. Doesn't matter anymore.

Metalopolis
07-04-2016, 02:27 PM
You already have your request OP; Red99 hovers around 10% of Blue99's population at any given time of the day.

Jauna
07-04-2016, 02:32 PM
As I said before, if they made PvP consensual on Red and still kept all the exp bonus stuff it might might be a playable server. Might.

People hate the idea of getting camped
People hate the idea of an unexpected corpse run while camping something
People just dont like pvp in general. even on live there is only one pvp server and its not very populated

Trungep99
07-04-2016, 04:54 PM
People from blue realize red is a boring server.
So give up on red and come to blue

heartbrand
07-04-2016, 04:57 PM
red is awful because it has no pop. Unfortunately there's no easy solution for this other than some sort of wipe or relaunch, which the staff has said they will never do. It's a shame because many of the original issues which killed Red off early on were fixed, but no one was there anymore at that point.

Zuranthium
07-04-2016, 05:03 PM
People hate the idea of getting camped

There is a Loot & Scoot policy.

What's worse, standing around doing literally nothing but waiting for a camp on Blue or actually fighting someone for a camp on Red?

heartbrand
07-04-2016, 05:05 PM
LnS is frequently ignored because of low staff presence to enforce it

Jauna
07-04-2016, 05:09 PM
What's worse, standing around doing literally nothing but waiting for a camp on Blue or actually fighting someone for a camp on Red?

I dunno about others, but on blue I LFG for 30 seconds on each character and move on, if no groups catch for the 7 alts I just play another game or do housework.

Most of the PvP happens on the forums anyways.

Jimjam
07-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Wtf? Those are the worse levels. Everything pre 30 is lane imo.

There's tonnes of content, most classes have/unlock their defining abilities, downtime is still pretty small, groups can be much more casual about members joining and leaving. The twenties are great!

Pokesan
07-04-2016, 06:20 PM
LnS is frequently ignored because of low staff presence to enforce it

confirming this. LNS is a paper tiger. you will be abused.

Zuranthium
07-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I dunno about others, but on blue I LFG for 30 seconds on each character and move on, if no groups catch for the 7 alts I just play another game or do housework.

So in other words you don't actually play the game. LFG for 30 seconds doesn't get you into the groups that will let you experience the content in the game.

Jauna
07-04-2016, 07:57 PM
So in other words you don't actually play the game.

I understand that Red's main attraction is "any camp you want without the wait because there is no one camping it" but I do get groups. being a pal tank in mistmoore you get groups instantly and often, my cleric also gets swept up fast lfg in oasis, my bard also has an easy time in karnors.

The Majority of MMO players do not like PvP, the zeks were flashes in the pan whenever a new mechanic was introduced and even now live only has one basic pvp server.

Always going to be like this, from hunting bats in freeport, to killing rancors on danthomir, to collecting 10 hellboar shits, to collecting all the final fantasies to defeat the ancient evil just awoken demi-god with aspirations to become the super ultra omega god.

People do not want their MMO time being interrupted by a bored rogue.

Parz77
07-04-2016, 08:55 PM
no one likes red. not even the people that play on red. the ridiculous amounts of begging for people to come play there, in game recruiting attempts, covering fp in tryredserver corpses, stink so badly of desperation. If it was any good people would play there, you wouldn't have to beg nonstop in every conceivable way possible.

syztem
07-04-2016, 09:14 PM
plenty of blue players are still coming to red on a weekly basis, enough to feed the server just not to grow it. people who can't deal with dying once or twice in pvp, or not finding a group a few times need not apply you aren't wanted on red anyway.

Nuggie
07-04-2016, 09:15 PM
I tried red. Played a sham to... I dunno... high 30's I think.

Only saw pvp in mistmoore/lfay. I kicked that twin sk's but a time or two. Thought he could dive bomb in and spam Co's while he ran away to try to pve death us. Joke was on him.

Also, heartbrand, the problem isn't low pop. The problem was the griefers. Oh, and eq pvp sucks.

Zheta
07-04-2016, 09:25 PM
People do not want their MMO time being interrupted by a bored rogue.

Pokesan
07-04-2016, 11:07 PM
red is garbage delete it

syztem
07-05-2016, 03:51 AM
red is garbage delete it

you sound like a true believer who was griefed off red on his first death.

Domo
07-05-2016, 04:03 AM
No matter which game, most of all PvP-players are the same:

"I am better then you"
"Why dont you PvP you pussy?"
"You are scared of my skills arent you?"
"LOOK AT ME, I am a PvP Player, arnt I am cool?"
"Everone who dosent PvP is a loser"

Sorry, but I dont have time for such attention-whores :(

Jimjam
07-05-2016, 05:25 AM
My last character I levelled on red (pretty slowly since I was soloing with an untwinked warrior) saw pvp twice in 40 levels.

Once was in Nek forest with an Enchanter that refused to share zombies with me.

The other time was whilst I was AFK under the Butcherblock pier (amusingly, looking at my logs, it took longer for this paladin to kill me than it took me to get back to my corpse... poor paladins really are slow dps).

All this time I never used anon and often advertised where I was.

Sometimes I even log in to unrest in the hope of summoning a griefer twink to play with me, but even those don't materialise any more.

Low level red is very quiet.

Zuranthium
07-05-2016, 05:38 AM
No matter which game, most of all PvP-players are the same:

"I am better then you"
"Why dont you PvP you pussy?"
"You are scared of my skills arent you?"
"LOOK AT ME, I am a PvP Player, arnt I am cool?"
"Everone who dosent PvP is a loser"

PvP requires more skill in most games. PvE is generally something that doesn't change, you know exactly how the scripted program will react. Fighting against other players is much more dynamic and thus also more rewarding, in games where the PvP is good. Everquest PvP isn't exactly good by itself but it serves to create necessary dimension in a game that lacks purpose. The PvE of this game has long been figured out in every way possible, there is no actual "quest" left in the Everquest. PvP forces you to be more careful and it makes the game more dynamic; going to any area of the game is going to be different depending on the other players who are there.

Mleh
07-05-2016, 06:07 AM
PvP doesn't stand in a camp with a wiki that explains the exact methodical process and required resources to win. It's almost always personal and intriguing on a small server, which makes it exciting.

Also, being "corpse camped" is LARGELY mitigated by the LnS rule. Unless your the type of person who insists upon raging at their attacker, calling them out in ooc, etc, people generally don't corpse camp. If you persist to try to level in a zone where a twink is rampaging, that's on you.

Low levels are a bit rough because it means you have to generally acquire gear through the generosity of other players and be PLed here and there by strangers, but once you "join the community," it's a lot more fun.

Logging on to have picnic time every day worshiping someone who sits at the camp you want because they have more free time -- not fun.

Brut
07-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Reboot to classic pls. Loved the server back then.

Velious era is the worst, class balance is just urrrggghhh.

Damn
07-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Is it just me or are a majority of blue players retarded? Everquest without the option of pvp is dogshit

On a second note if you're thinking of trying red Don't unless you legitimately want to experience everquest pvp these threadspromote the wrong kind of population growth and make us collectively as a community look like desperate grovelling retards

Mleh
07-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Reboot to classic pls. Loved the server back then.

Velious era is the worst, class balance is just urrrggghhh.

I agree for PvP balance in general; but the problem with classic is that a single batphone guild conquers all the best loot.

Naggy, Vox, Maestro, Innoruuk, Dracho, Cazic, Phinny, Eye of Veeshan

Guild #2/The rest of the server camps Sol B, L guk, and Mistmoore.

I think a classic PvP server with highly variant spawn times on bosses and a no-camp rule in raid areas would be a lot of fun.

Mleh
07-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Is it just me or are a majority of blue players retarded? Everquest without the option of pvp is dogshit

On a second note if you're thinking of trying red Don't unless you legitimately want to experience everquest pvp these threadspromote the wrong kind of population growth and make us collectively as a community look like desperate grovelling retards

Nah, we just gotta fish for 10% here and there. You bring in 10, 1 will see the light and stay.

The rest can continue their blind journey towards loot purgatory. On blue you will always aspire to be better, never to defeat or challenge the best players. After playing the blue server in classic and watching IB take it over, I honestly have no idea why anyone actively plays there.

We, (the red server), need people because it makes the server more balanced and fun. The people who act like children and grief with twinks are few in number but unfortunately very active. The more fresh faces we get to 60 the less bothersome they are.

Damn
07-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Nah, we just gotta fish for 10% here and there. You bring in 10, 1 will see the light and stay.

The rest can continue their blind journey towards loot purgatory. On blue you will always aspire to be better, never to defeat or challenge the best players. After playing the blue server in classic and watching IB take it over, I honestly have no idea why anyone actively plays there.

We, (the red server), need people because it makes the server more balanced and fun. The people who act like children and grief with twinks are few in number but unfortunately very active. The more fresh faces we get to 60 the less bothersome they are.

People grief because there's a lack of sixty pvp beyond kc plugfests and the daily pilgrimage to Sebillis if you're a feign death class or rogue

That's what everquest pvp is though hindering others progression or fun this is also known as grief and if you've ever killed someone you're responsible for it

This whole ideal that we can have a high pop server with sportsmanlike pvp is a pipe dream there never has or will be a server like that

Zuranthium
07-05-2016, 10:05 AM
I agree for PvP balance in general; but the problem with Original EQ is that a single batphone guild conquers all the best loot.

That problem just gets worse with each expansion. At least with Original EQ casters have a lot of competitive firepower solely from vendor-bought spells, since even the best geared people are doing a lot less melee damage and have lower resists as compared to Kunark. The resist system in general needs to be changed, damage spells should never be full resisted in PvP.

It's silly at this point to talk about any specific era because the coding could be changed to anything. Keeping the spirit of Classic Everquest is what matters, not exactly copying an outdated system created multiple decades ago.

Red server is still better than Blue regardless, as long as it has a healthy population, but the population would be way better if the game itself was also better.

This whole ideal that we can have a high pop server with sportsmanlike pvp is a pipe dream

No it isn't. Just requires coding to be put in place to make it happen. The reductive "not classic" tunnel-vision needs to go away with regards to PvP server.

Brut
07-05-2016, 11:04 AM
That problem just gets worse with each expansion. At least with Original EQ casters have a lot of competitive firepower solely from vendor-bought spells, since even the best geared people are doing a lot less melee damage and have lower resists as compared to Kunark. The resist system in general needs to be changed, damage spells should never be full resisted in PvP.

It's silly at this point to talk about any specific era because the coding could be changed to anything. Keeping the spirit of Classic Everquest is what matters, not exactly copying an outdated system created multiple decades ago.
This.

Most fun I had on red99 was spending days parked at areas with decent traffic, ie. Sro and NK, just so I could go scuffle with people who zoned in. Pretty sure if I log my enc in there now all I can do to anyone is cast dispel, tash and sieve on them and look at resist messages for everything else.

Also we did some Pvp in arena on blue last week, and omg the melee class fights are even worse. 3 monks tried to gank on me SK, and no ones hp bar was going anywhere since high ac and fungis and mends and SK epic procs just meant the fight was going absolutely nowhere.

Never really got into the big group pvps (euroscum don't get to partake in events with many people present, cuz lag desync poo), but the videos of packs of skeletons doing melee assist trains doesn't really look all that much more interesting.

Jimjam
07-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Blue has the option of pvp, on red it is a mandate.

syztem
07-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Naw naw, just naw

Metalopolis
07-05-2016, 01:12 PM

I played on Tallon Zek from the day the server launched. It was a blast. Unfortunately, your precious "Red99" is not a real PvP server. In order to have a real PvP server you'd need an avg. population of at least 500.

You guys have ruined your own server. Twinks equipped with full best in slot NTOV gear then deleveled to 30 who run around in packs AND have level 60 druids buffing, healing, and porting them. Nobody wants to deal with that nonsense because there aren't enough actual lowbie players to counter it. On TZ, with a 2000+ player population, these uber-twinks didn't last long; they got gangbanged by the 30 other lowbies in the zone and some level 60 would come kill their healbot.

You've griefed so many players off your server, from all level ranges, that its now a ghost town. You've made your bed, now lie in it.

Wouldn't be surprised if many of the people who make these "try Red" threads are the very players controlling those deleveled uber-twinks just looking for some fresh meat to grief.

Jimjam
07-05-2016, 01:17 PM
I played on Tallon Zek from the day the server launched. It was a blast. Unfortunately, your precious "Red99" is not a real PvP server. In order to have a real PvP server you'd need an avg. population of at least 500.

You guys have ruined your own server. Twinks equipped with full best in slot NTOV gear then deleveled to 30 who run around in packs AND have level 60 druids buffing, healing, and porting them. Nobody wants to deal with that nonsense because there aren't enough actual lowbie players to counter it. On TZ, with a 2000+ player population, these uber-twinks didn't last long; they got gangbanged by the 30 other lowbies in the zone and some level 60 would come kill their healbot.

You've griefed so many players off your server, from all level ranges, that its now a ghost town. You've made your bed, now lie in it.

Wouldn't be surprised if many of the people who make these "try Red" threads are the very players controlling those deleveled uber-twinks just looking for some fresh meat to grief.

"New players gotta learn to compete" :rolleyes:

Bionic
07-05-2016, 02:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/8i6JHRe.gif

Zuranthium
07-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Twinks equipped with full best in slot NTOV gear then deleveled to 30 who run around in packs AND have level 60 druids buffing, healing, and porting them.

Nobody does that anymore. Such a thing could and should also be stopped with Level Req's on gear.

Imago
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I haven't seen any uber twinks in a very long time in the major XP zones.

Honestly, Red is probably at one of it's best time to start up fresh and make some inroads into the community, at least in a long time. Tempest stays mostly at the top end and >50% logs on exclusively for raids. Treason PvP only exists in the 50s range. T-Dome is leveling up but has plenty of people sub 50 to group with, and oftentimes would rather group than gank.

I would be very willing to start a legitimate Red recruit off with some gear and some plat, as I'm sure many Red veterans are. Come check it out!

Sage Truthbearer
07-05-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't know why Red players seem to think the reason their server is dead is due to lack of publicity or misinformation about the server.

Red's been out for 4-5 years now. The vast majority of people who were legitimately interested in it have already tried it, and made a decision to not play there.

Metalopolis
07-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Can we get this thread moved to RnF where it belongs please?

Brut
07-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I don't know why Red players seem to think the reason their server is dead is due to lack of publicity or misinformation about the server.

Red's been out for 4-5 years now. The vast majority of people who were legitimately interested in it have already tried it, and made a decision to not play there.
It had tons of people trying it out at the start, but they patched epic quests on blue like a week after red was launched, so alot of the people trying it out went back to blue.

Plus some really lousy things that didn't get fixed until later, ie. no guard assist in cities, broken summoned mage swords, spawning full mana if you died in pvp (resulting in casters binding near camps and just grief bindrushing people who challenged them for said camps), exp loss for pvp deaths.

The dedicated VZTZ derps who formed gank squads and killed random newbies at their bind for hours didn't do much good, either. One of the dumbest things about red was that the forums throughout beta were full of VZTZers bragging how they'd grief all blues off "their" server. And then they lost to Nilly and got banned for exploiting Nagafen.

Halfelfbard
07-06-2016, 12:51 AM
I tried red, got griefed on a corpse run, and i never returned...im pretty sure my corpse rotted. I got to lvl 56?

Red was ok, we did some kiting in OT and leveled pretty fast with duo bards and cleric aoe when you needed teamwork a red player usually knows there class pretty well.

Did a few raids, but I dunno man...It was the people that made it great, and made it a horrible place to play.

EQBallzz
07-06-2016, 10:07 AM

So who are the retards again? Red for making these desperate grovelling threads or blue for not wanting to play red? SO CONFUSED!

p.s. Calling people retards is a *great* way to entice people to play with you. It doesn't play directly into the stereotypical toxic PvP mentality or anything. :rolleyes: Face the facts: if people aren't playing red by now it's never gonna happen. Give it up.

You did get one thing right..these threads are desperate and pathetic!

HippoNipple
07-06-2016, 10:36 AM
no one likes red. not even the people that play on red. the ridiculous amounts of begging for people to come play there, in game recruiting attempts, covering fp in tryredserver corpses, stink so badly of desperation. If it was any good people would play there, you wouldn't have to beg nonstop in every conceivable way possible.

They want enough blue players to come over to help them kill PvE targets so they can then use items from the PvE targets to grief the people that come over. It is a sad attempt to stay relevant after the server was already won by another guild that has now quit.

I hope this helps with your decision on whether or not to abandon your blue characters and start fresh on Red99.

Bardalicious
07-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Red will never recover unless it is wiped. The server is far too top-heavy at this point for any new players to break in. If you're lucky, you might join with a group of friends to level with or just by chance catch someone leveling their 12th alt to xp with. Otherwise, you'll be playing SoloQuest 90% of the time until you start hitting 50+ where you'll be met by swarms of bored players that have farmed the server for years already, that are looking to entertain themselves at your expense.

Red had it's chance to see a meaningful population boost when TMO came over from blue, and they ruined it by actively griefing their members and their raids. And in the end, the server got what it deserved when the number 1 raiding guild (Empire) pulled out of the server and quit after TMO was already dead.

Uuruk
07-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Red will never recover unless it is wiped. The server is far too top-heavy at this point for any new players to break in. If you're lucky, you might join with a group of friends to level with or just by chance catch someone leveling their 12th alt to xp with. Otherwise, you'll be playing SoloQuest 90% of the time until you start hitting 50+ where you'll be met by swarms of bored players that have farmed the server for years already, that are looking to entertain themselves at your expense.

Red had it's chance to see a meaningful population boost when TMO came over from blue, and they ruined it by actively griefing their members and their raids. And in the end, the server got what it deserved when the number 1 raiding guild (Empire) pulled out of the server and quit after TMO was already dead.

So pvp happened on a pvp server and you're mad about it.

Brut
07-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Teams pvp that doesn't go past classic. Yespls.

dcbone86
07-07-2016, 02:42 PM

This is the biggest reason I don't play more than I currently do. I'm camped out at EC tunnel and go to all the big leveling areas for lvl 12 and /ooc for group. Got a bite the other night in Ro and got a gold bar but group broke up. After about 5 mins in each so I'll go kill some skeletons to sell bonechips and log. Is there better places for lvl 12 to group?

mr_jon3s
07-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Is there better places for lvl 12 to group? What class are you? But anyways just start a duo or trio. Do /who all 10-14 start sending out tells to people asking if they want to duo/group. Now head over to Nro/oasis/lavastorm/najena and start killing stuff.

statuepaladin
07-07-2016, 09:05 PM
I am interested in starting up on red. Without some other people to group with or items to help solo, I probably wouldn't last long before giving up. It's hard when the pop is sub 100 a lot of the time.

heartbrand
07-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Red was growing nicely, <Red Dawn> was going strong with new players under the leadership of Heartbrand and they decided that a server pop of 250-260 warranted axing what was a different XP bonus at the time down to "blue XP".

That was the beginning of the fallout and numbers dropping under 100. Putting a new one in place was good, plus some GM love and events (if stressful for them).

There's none of that now. Give the players a reason to log in ^^

I think the appetite for "something new" across the whole community has never been higher, whether its pvp teams, discord, green, anything :p

To this day I'll never understand the thought process behind that

Damn
07-08-2016, 07:22 AM
So who are the retards again? Red for making these desperate grovelling threads or blue for not wanting to play red? SO CONFUSED!

p.s. Calling people retards is a *great* way to entice people to play with you. It doesn't play directly into the stereotypical toxic PvP mentality or anything. :rolleyes: Face the facts: if people aren't playing red by now it's never gonna happen. Give it up.

You did get one thing right..these threads are desperate and pathetic!

I don't want blue players to play red and yes these threads aren't becoming of ourselves as red players. showing your retardation by assuming that everyone or implying that myself wants you to come play there

These threads need to stop

EQBallzz
07-08-2016, 08:55 AM
I don't want blue players to play red and yes these threads aren't becoming of ourselves as red players. showing your retardation by assuming that everyone or implying that myself wants you to come play there

These threads need to stop

I'm not showing anything. I'm not the one making the threads that are all but begging blue players to come play red almost daily. However, we can agree that the threads need to stop.

I get that red needs fresh meat to gank but it's clearly not going to come from blue. Maybe you guys can do a "simulated fresh meat" lotto system where you draw straws and 10 of the 50 people playing on red who draw the short straw have to role a new character and try to level while the other 40 grief/gank/"own" or whatever it is you guys do to each other over there for your jollies that makes nobody want to play with you.

Crashking
07-08-2016, 09:10 AM
I get that red needs fresh meat to gank but it's clearly not going to come from blue. Maybe you guys can do a "simulated fresh meat" lotto system where you draw straws and 10 of the 50 people playing on red who draw the short straw have to role a new character and try to level while the other 40 grief/gank/"own" or whatever it is you guys do to each other over there for your jollies that makes nobody want to play with you.

OMG this was the best post of the whole thread... Lol

Phenyo
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Maybe you guys can do a "simulated fresh meat" lotto system where you draw straws and 10 of the 50 people playing on red who draw the short straw have to role a new character and try to level while the other 40 grief/gank/"own" or whatever it is you guys do to each other over there for your jollies that makes nobody want to play with you.

Brilliant

Mleh
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm not showing anything. I'm not the one making the threads that are all but begging blue players to come play red almost daily. However, we can agree that the threads need to stop.

I'm a fairly new player to Red, I started back in March. I leveled on Red and my first two deaths were in Velks at 50+

http://www.r99pvp.net/showplayer.php?p=Mleh

I'm fairly slippery when it comes to EQ PvP, but the point is that its not a giant grief fest. The 5-10 players that have annoying twink alts don't play constantly, and if you don't level in Mistmoore you may never even see them.

The "every twink is always playing and has a level 60 healer" myth is just that - bullshit. Most twinks have no fear of dying because generally people can't contest a fungi tunic at low levels anyhow.

It's really annoying to read these opinions in addition to implying we're a server that's begging people to show up so we can grief them.

Blitzers
07-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Promise me a Manastone + Fungi and I'll roll a Shammy

Maschenny
07-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Every guild on blue should be forced to send a player off to the hunger games each month.

EQBallzz
07-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm a fairly new player to Red, I started back in March. I leveled on Red and my first two deaths were in Velks at 50+

http://www.r99pvp.net/showplayer.php?p=Mleh

I'm fairly slippery when it comes to EQ PvP, but the point is that its not a giant grief fest. The 5-10 players that have annoying twink alts don't play constantly, and if you don't level in Mistmoore you may never even see them.

The "every twink is always playing and has a level 60 healer" myth is just that - bullshit. Most twinks have no fear of dying because generally people can't contest a fungi tunic at low levels anyhow.

It's really annoying to read these opinions in addition to implying we're a server that's begging people to show up so we can grief them.

Just because the server is now a 50 person ghost town from previous activity doesn't mean it's a myth. It just means all the people have already been driven away and there isn't anyone left to grief or gank.

surron
07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
^ dude has a lvl 33 as his max yet is so knowledgeable about red?

red was the most fun i've ever had on eq, it probably is still just as fun

Qtip
07-08-2016, 03:54 PM

Haha. Reading these posts are pure gold.

Then go read every post in blue server chat/rants and its some cry baby about how they got there camp or mob stolen. If you're a cry baby who likes to sit in the ec tunnel all day, blues for you!

EQBallzz
07-08-2016, 04:43 PM

It's true. I have no experience on red myself. However, when talking about PvP there are some things constant across all PvP games. I have experienced it time and time again. Read the negative experiences people post here and they are the same ones people complain about in every PvP game.

I'm not saying you are wrong for enjoying it. Some people do enjoy it but there is a reason most PvE players hate PvP which is why red only has 50 people on it.

Damn
07-08-2016, 05:04 PM

That would actually be alot of fun to try like everquest in survival mode

Jimjam
07-08-2016, 05:08 PM
That would actually be alot of fun to try like everquest in survival mode

I always figure EQ is best played from a horror survival perspective. I mean there are zombies and everything!

Brontus
07-10-2016, 02:48 AM
If they get rid of PVP on Red then I would consider starting some characters there. Throughout my 17 year career playing MMORPGs every time I decide to try a PVP server I soon encounter griefers and gankers lurking everywhere just waiting to make my life a living hell. You try to level up, you are killed. You try to travel, you are killed. From my experience, open PVP in MMO's is a virtual version of the lawlessness of the hooliganism seen in The Purge films.

These kinds of PVPer are the worst of gaming humanity. These fiends thrive on causing distress and discomfort to others. They kill for no reason other than sport. They don't kill for any noble cause. They are cowards that prey on the weak, inexperienced and unprepared. I have never found PVP to be about skill, it's quite the contrary.

So if you can eradicate these kinds of filth from Red then yes maybe people like myself might consider rolling some characters there. I would be very interested to know if there is any player policing of the server and if gankers and griefers are tolerated?

Perhaps I'm wrong about Red. Perhaps I'm jaded after trying to join PVP servers in various MMOs only to be harassed and chased off the server, I'm very skittish. Can you blame me?

However, I can see some value in having PVP servers as a way to keep players in check. People on PVP servers who act out might be subject to street justice which I find very appealing. There are often times on blue I would like to visit some vigilante justice on scumbag players in Mistmoore and other dungeons that monopolize spawns, steal camps or act like dicks training other players.

People are afraid of playing on Red because of a long history of abuse for newbies in the past in various MMOs. Maybe things are different and it's worth at least rolling a character.

Jimjam
07-10-2016, 03:41 AM
The good news is with the xp weekend red's pop has returned to being 10% of blue (as per OP's request), up from the 5% it was circling at.

Jerin
07-10-2016, 05:53 AM
if it was tz/vz or sz rule set that would be fun. don't care about xteaming at the end game as we've all been beating that horse to death for 18 years lol

derpcake
07-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Don't bother with red.

It could be an excellent server if staff bothered to invest some time, but hey, look at what happened to Discord.

On that note, don't bother with blue either.

Brut
07-10-2016, 06:44 AM
These kinds of PVPer are the worst of gaming humanity. These fiends thrive on causing distress and discomfort to others. They kill for no reason other than sport. They don't kill for any noble cause. They are cowards that prey on the weak, inexperienced and unprepared. I have never found PVP to be about skill, it's quite the contrary.
Silly mentality imo. Alot of people say that in Dark Souls games, saying that invaders are jerks and griefers and if they're so good they should just do consentual pvp at some arenas.

Random pvp is thrilling. I enjoy it both sides, wether it's a dude trying to jump me in South Karanas while I'm trying to kill a gnoll, or wether I'm the guy jumping the dude. One of the best parts about red was how much you needed to pay more attention to what you were doing. You couldn't just tab out and afk between mobs. You didn't want to have a bad buff order with your sow ontop. You wanted top slots free to dispel some dots or whatever. You didn't want to fight gnolls until you were oom, only to see a dude attack you while you can't fight back. You wanna spam /who and see who's in the zone, if it's a potential hostile, you gotta spin the camera to see if someone's approaching. Gotta have your pvp spells ready too, not just the pve stuff. It adds alot to the game.

The special cases who show up with their raid buffed fungi twink rogues then send derpy hate tells afterwards are straight griefers tho. It's pretty much abusing loopholes in game mechanics so they can't lose anymore. Hence again why the expansions ruin EQ PVP. Class balance gets wonky, fungis and big twink weapons come out, resists and gear gap gets absolutely insane with Velious. Reboot red pls pls.

Lanzellot
07-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Red player Come to Blue and let The 50 People Server die:p

Splade
07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
People really should play on Red now (if they want to do p1999 in the first place) unless they are super-invested in Blue. You get an exp bonus, shit isn't overcamped, and you get some extra excitement of occasional PvP. There's a chance now for multiple top guilds to eventually form as well, allowing for actual competition at the top, in a far more fun way than the idiocy of Blue server.

I started on red.
Got to level 54
Switched to blue

Best decision ever. Red sucks ass

Nirgon
07-11-2016, 02:03 PM
u gon get griefed

pickled_heretic
07-11-2016, 02:17 PM
i tried swarm kiting on red, was bad at it, died several times and ragequit.

my anger toward red is more associated with the fact that i couldn't hack it as a bard than anything to do with pvp.

although i read now that you can use 3rd party programs to make it mindless.

Bionic
07-11-2016, 02:32 PM
i tried swarm kiting on red, was bad at it, died several times and ragequit.

my anger toward red is more associated with the fact that i couldn't hack it as a bard than anything to do with pvp.

although i read now that you can use 3rd party programs to make it mindless.

There is no reason to use 3rd party programs. Kiting is just a matter or keeping your character just close enough to the mobs to land the AoE. Heck, I rarely kite in circles anymore, especially when I'm doing it in an area where there are roamers that I do not wish to have add.