PDA

View Full Version : KC walls

Tarskin
07-12-2016, 03:41 AM
I ran into a small altercation yesterday in KC and the essence of the dispute is whether or not the walls above LCY/RCY are part of the LCY camp?

I ask this as I was pulling singles from the walls to RCY.

Cheers,
Tar

Blitzers
07-12-2016, 06:14 AM
No they are free mobs open to whoever can pull them 1st

Tarskin
07-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Thank you, I always thought that the camps were defined as follows:

1. LCY: LCY room itself + the courtyard with the pit through the hallway
2. RCY: RCY room itself + the small 2 floor building

That seems to match with your statement, implying that pulling wall singles (through LCY) is 'fine'.

Cheers,
Tar

borgy93
07-12-2016, 07:30 AM
I would say pulling through someones camp is not ok. Personally if i was in lcy and had a couple mobs running through the camp i would mez them straight away without considering if some other group was pulling them.

Although i wouldn't consider the wall mobs as part of the lcy camp.

Tarskin
07-12-2016, 07:35 AM
That would imply that RCY is unable to reach the wall mobs, correct? (Unless going via a major detour, using the locked door inside the 2 story building in RCY)

PS: I am just trying to gather opinions on the subject for now.

Blitzers
07-12-2016, 08:44 AM
LCY does not include Courtyard or any other area outside LCY. If someone/group wants to camp CY seperate from LCY they can do so. On live Veeshan server with 3k+ pop this was the norm. Pretty much in a zone like KC every room could be considered its own camp if a group was so inclined. Crap XP but to each his own.

Tarskin
07-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Fair enough, so I would say that (so far) the consensus is:

1. Walls are not part of any camp (and can thus be pulled)
2. Wall should be pulled via the locked door (if in RCY)

Thank you for the input everyone.

maskedmelon
07-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Seems to me that you e got it ^^ however I would add that if you have to pull through LCY, just make sure to get a few rounds on each mob, so the don't dump on that group.

Rygar
07-12-2016, 11:38 AM
It doesn't matter.. KC is horrible due to over crowding. Organize for the hole, kedge, or howling stones (even non-aoe chardok). So many people dug into KC, OS, and CoM like ticks, never understood it. Got my pipe and left the zone behind forever.

Thulack
07-12-2016, 12:25 PM
It doesn't matter.. KC is horrible due to over crowding. Organize for the hole, kedge, or howling stones (even non-aoe chardok). So many people dug into KC, OS, and CoM like ticks, never understood it. Got my pipe and left the zone behind forever.

The 3 zones you listed are all bitches for CR's. Personally i wont ever bother hunting in any of those zones for that reason.

Spyder73
07-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Basically you are describing why LCY is superior to RCY - you can pull more form outside your "camp" without training another group. RCY sucks

Tarskin
07-12-2016, 12:45 PM
@Maskedmelon: That is what I was doing the few times I pulled via the stairs in LCY, while the rogue was AFK (no access to locked door route).

Now just for completeness, the 'altercation' that I mentioned in the OP is that while I came around the corner, heading towards the stairs (going up), their Monk had just feigned in CY. Those mobs proceeded to aggro on me, which I backed off and asked if 'They had it'. Afterwards, there was massive drama, name calling towards me and so forth *shrug*, followed by people claiming that I was not allowed to pull from walls and them trying to pull from inside the building.

@Spuder73: I don't think anyone is denying that LCY is an easier/better camp ;)

Ravager
07-12-2016, 01:04 PM
The 3 zones you listed are all bitches for CR's. Personally i wont ever bother hunting in any of those zones for that reason.

That's why those zones are so much better. Keeps the lazy riff-raff out and leaves a ton of mobs up for a classic dungeon crawl.

Rygar
07-12-2016, 01:15 PM

HS you can easily drag down to basement and get back to zone in with either a monk or rogue, basement is usually camped so not a big issue. The hole is laughably easy for corpse recovery... Level 1 Halfling rogue that worships brell is non-kos except to undead and rats and you can h/s past them... Just have to not be lazy and get the toon bound there, seems well worth it to have a massive dungeon to crawl through with near zero competition.

Kedge is kedge... Best ZEM comes with a price, can always park a mule near unrest with invis items items, fish scales, eb stuff to help with CR.

People seem just content to group in KC for the off chance they win a t staff and get terrible exp while fighting for pulls. But hey, easy corpse recovery

backsteppin123
07-12-2016, 02:05 PM
It's KC. Everyone there likes to fight like children in a sand box for the 30 mobs in zone.

Reminds me when Crackyfeet from TMO blew his lid on me because a different monk flopped mobs on him. For hours he ranted and raved and then trained me and buddied up as many clerics as possible to not rez me, though they did. Interesting enough he did all of that because he had lost his job that day (whaaat no way, with that sterling personality??) and was emotionally distressed/drunk/high. Can't fix crazy.

It is so odd how most of this game is age 30+ yet more childish than when I played this game live at 13. Just brush it off and move on. You are allowed to pull through a camp if you are not training AFAIK. Add those babies to /ignore. Get a few hits in and pull on my friend. (Get out of KC while you still have your sanity.)

thufir
07-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Kedge only has a few mobs that see invis: two are named (Estrella and Phinigel), and the others are all Phinigel's guards. In all cases, if you can't kill those mobs you shouldn't be going past them anyway. CRs are actually very easy in Kedge if you aren't trying something silly (like training past Phinigel to nab the paladin quest drop).

maskedmelon
07-12-2016, 02:34 PM
@Maskedmelon: That is what I was doing the few times I pulled via the stairs in LCY, while the rogue was AFK (no access to locked door route).

Now just for completeness, the 'altercation' that I mentioned in the OP is that while I came around the corner, heading towards the stairs (going up), their Monk had just feigned in CY. Those mobs proceeded to aggro on me, which I backed off and asked if 'They had it'. Afterwards, there was massive drama, name calling towards me and so forth *shrug*, followed by people claiming that I was not allowed to pull from walls and them trying to pull from inside the building.

@Spuder73: I don't think anyone is denying that LCY is an easier/better camp ;)

at that point you just keep pulling and whoever is faster wins :) If they start peeling mobs off your pulls; then you just make larger and larger pulls until you are able to get through with a few still on you. Ideally, you should have a rogue pull RCY, but most rogues can't tie their shoe laces : (

The important thing to keep in mind is to be piloted and make sure you maintain aggro when you pull through. If they choose to be disagreeable to that, nothing you can do ^^

Thulack
07-12-2016, 04:18 PM
HS you can easily drag down to basement and get back to zone in with either a monk or rogue, basement is usually camped so not a big issue. The hole is laughably easy for corpse recovery... Level 1 Halfling rogue that worships brell is non-kos except to undead and rats and you can h/s past them... Just have to not be lazy and get the toon bound there, seems well worth it to have a massive dungeon to crawl through with near zero competition.

Kedge is kedge... Best ZEM comes with a price, can always park a mule near unrest with invis items items, fish scales, eb stuff to help with CR.

People seem just content to group in KC for the off chance they win a t staff and get terrible exp while fighting for pulls. But hey, easy corpse recovery

More work then i want to do for dying. Rather have easy mindnumbing XP in KC then have to work at getting xp or CRing for that matter.

Hoozi
07-12-2016, 04:32 PM
KC is literally some of the worst exp in the game for the levels its appropriate to group there. It still amazes me people flock there for exp groups.