PDA

View Full Version : I would love to see the Devs turn on pvp for a weekend.

mr_jon3s
07-16-2016, 11:37 AM
I would love to see the Devs turn on pvp for a weekend and do an earthquake during the weekend. Just something to spice up the server.

Bboboo
07-16-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm sure everyone in the petition forum and GMs/Guides would love this idea.

Lunababy
07-16-2016, 11:38 PM
how about they just enable random deaths? its the same gameplay experience

so fun
much gank
wow

Pokesan
07-17-2016, 12:30 AM
how about they just enable random deaths? its the same gameplay experience

so fun
much gank
wow

not at all. random death isn't something you could have beaten. dying to walmart resist gear rogue would rightfully knock a lot of you raiders down a peg.

Hailto
07-17-2016, 12:40 AM
not at all. random death isn't something you could have beaten. dying to walmart resist gear rogue would rightfully knock a lot of you raiders down a peg.

Shaman would tear your rogue a new hole

Pokesan
07-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Shaman would tear your rogue a new hole

cure pots render shaman extremely weak my man

Lune
07-17-2016, 12:55 AM

who gonna make those pots?

shaman

checkm8

Pokesan
07-17-2016, 12:56 AM

shaman

checkm8

oh goddamnit!

Trollhide
07-17-2016, 01:37 AM
Denizens of a dying red server grow increasingly, visibly desperate. It would be sad if it wasn't so funny.

EQ was never made for PVP.

Hailto
07-17-2016, 02:05 AM

shaman

checkm8

rekt

Jauna
07-17-2016, 03:15 AM
Honestly, the only way to fix Red is to get people into PvP without forcing them into PvP.

Here me out, turn PvP off on Red99 most of the time, but add monthly Full Moon events.

PvP enabled only during Full Moons
Earthquakes every few hours during Full Moons
Level restrictions on gear all the time

http://www.moongiant.com/Full_Moon_New_Moon_Calendar.php

Daily promos for Red did not work
bi-weekly threads in blue boards did not work
Beefing up exp did not work
Guilds that gear you to kill you did not work
"lower population so you can camp whatever you want as a feature" did not work
killing people to avoid rule lawyering did not work

Just think about it.

Trollhide
07-17-2016, 03:28 AM
Daily promos for Red did not work
bi-weekly threads in blue boards did not work
Beefing up exp did not work
Guilds that gear you to kill you did not work
"lower population so you can camp whatever you want as a feature" did not work
killing people to avoid rule lawyering did not work

None of this worked because

It wasn't designed for it, it wasn't balanced for it, and on live it was never anywhere near as popular as the PVE game. Everquest PVP was an afterthought. There are plenty of MMOs and other genres with solid PVP gameplay, and I myself have greatly enjoyed some of them, but I will never, never have any interest in Everquest PVP.

Absolutely. First, it gave us confidence that an MMORPG could be commercially viable. It also reinforced our belief that unrestricted PvP was a bad thing. We'd played PvP MUDs in the past and were not fans of them. The wanton PvP in UO confirmed for us that we wanted to make a primarily PvE game.

myriverse
07-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Misery loves company?

indiscriminate_hater
07-17-2016, 01:21 PM
I heard red has PVP - can someone confirm or deny?

mr_jon3s
07-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Denizens of a dying red server grow increasingly, visibly desperate. It would be sad if it wasn't so funny.

Never about red just would love to see the Devs do something to spice up the server for a weekend.

Thulack
07-17-2016, 01:33 PM
It wasn't designed for it, it wasn't balanced for it, and on live it was never anywhere near as popular as the PVE game. Everquest PVP was an afterthought. There are plenty of MMOs and other genres with solid PVP gameplay, and I myself have greatly enjoyed some of them, but I will never, never have any interest in Everquest PVP.
My feelings exactly.

Tankdan
07-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Turn on PVP
Repop P99
Don't turn off PVP until all the dragons die 1x each.

This may be the best idea ever.. Rogaen please

EQBallzz
07-17-2016, 06:40 PM
I would love to see the Devs turn off PvP on red and replace it with gentleman's agreements, cooperation and of course sharing. Also, script chat so that all PvP trash talk gets displayed in /ooc as, "casting free buffs to all" or "I hope you are all having a swell day".

Tasslehofp99
07-18-2016, 01:11 AM
Turn on PVP
Repop P99

We could all just turn in PVP books to the priest of discord for a week or two of respawns too.

Teako
07-18-2016, 04:41 AM
We could also just shut down red99 and call it a failure, and encourage people deluded into thinking EQ PvP is healthy to play other actual talent requiring PvP games.

radda
07-18-2016, 05:06 AM
There are plenty of MMOs and other genres with solid PVP gameplay, .

But I don't want to play that PVP, I want to play eq p99 pvp+Pve so log the fuck on gawd dammit

radda
07-18-2016, 05:07 AM
We could also just shut down red99 and call it a failure, and encourage people deluded into thinking EQ PvP is healthy to play other actual talent requiring PvP games.

No

Damn
07-22-2016, 12:37 AM
Turn on PVP
Repop P99

This would be entertaining

Brut
07-22-2016, 06:07 AM
*Imagines mass pvp.*
*Remembers red99 videos of 100+ skeletons running in circles for almost a full hour with Slayer playing ontop of it like it's supposed to be cool or something.*
Nothx.

Brut
07-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Can't seem to find it no more. Prty sure it was Nilly VS Azrael in Kunark era. Was from some cleric's perspective and it was just zzzzzzzz.

Remember watching some VZTZ video too where a guild just sat at Seb zonein waiting for the other guild with charmed pets and crap. So people just zoned in and got killed while still staring at the loading screen. Riveting.

surron
07-22-2016, 09:49 AM
*Imagines mass pvp.*
*Remembers red99 videos of 100+ skeletons running in circles for almost a full hour with Slayer playing ontop of it like it's supposed to be cool or something.*
Nothx.

*Imagines what its like to be in Awakened on blue server*
*Remembers images of 400 losers sitting in a wall waiting for a pixel monster*

Wall O Lead
07-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Hate us because they anus.

aaezil
07-22-2016, 02:09 PM
the reason nobody plays red is because they log on, spend a day or two getting a few levels, and then get their corpse camped by some douche who leveled to 60, got amazing gear, and then deleveled down to level 10 or something... Then that person deletes their character and never logs onto red again.

Nirgon
07-22-2016, 02:26 PM

and yet ... how were botb titles determined?

:confused:

Bundy
07-22-2016, 02:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wUSF27a.gif

iiNGloriouS
07-22-2016, 02:48 PM
the reason nobody plays red is because they log on, spend a day or two getting a few levels, and then get their corpse camped by some douche who leveled to 60, got amazing gear, and then deleveled down to level 10 or something... Then that person deletes their character and never logs onto red again.
You sound like a crybaby faggot honestly.

Luv in my Skeleton druid, bard, warrior, cleric, monk and 6x rogues.

Sebilis off limits 😂

Damn
07-22-2016, 05:21 PM

That doesn't happen you probably got trashed by a rogue in Wal-Mart gear and quit because you're a camp checking tunnel questing beta twerp who can't handle the fact that someone was aggressive towards him on a pvp server

trite
07-22-2016, 05:30 PM

People stopped playing about two weeks after the server came out, long before twinks were around, there is just a large percentage of players who are psychologically incapable of dealing with being constantly griefed or betrayed without consequence at low levels heh...I thought red was great for the first week, killed other newbs for cash and had crafted a full set of banded before level 10....global chat + exp bonuses = not great

EQBallzz
07-22-2016, 06:39 PM
That doesn't happen you probably got trashed by a rogue in Wal-Mart gear and quit because you're a camp checking tunnel questing beta twerp who can't handle the fact that someone was aggressive towards him on a pvp server

Try red! Come on blue! Come try red where you can get trashed by "Wal-Mart" rogues and then get shit on by forum warriors because you suck at playing on red. Doesn't that sound fun?

Way to play right into the PvP stereotype that we all know is more fact than stereotype and likely why nobody plays on that server. Enjoy your l33t ghost town of a server.

Secrets
07-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Project 1999: The Purge - Election Year

I'd support this PvP event only if it has one item loot - AND

Anyone who doesn't log on for at least 30 minutes gets their accounts suspended for a month.

r0xx0r
07-22-2016, 07:45 PM
eq and pvp never mixed well, very unbalanced and there isn't even the option to fully loot someone. a good attempt @ trying to revive the already dead red- but it's falling on blind eyes.

Ivah
07-22-2016, 07:54 PM

Good luck channeling through that pot on a rogue

Damn
07-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Try red! Come on blue! Come try red where you can get trashed by "Wal-Mart" rogues and then get shit on by forum warriors because you suck at playing on red. Doesn't that sound fun?

Way to play right into the PvP stereotype that we all know is more fact than stereotype and likely why nobody plays on that server. Enjoy your l33t ghost town of a server.

Rage levels exceeding 9000

iiNGloriouS
07-22-2016, 10:59 PM

Maybe you should add more sub level 40s to your signature and we might give a shit.

Just kidding you got some real bergers. Sorry you can't cut it with the big dogs instead youre staring at a line of people to just get into a group.

Halfelfbard
07-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Red was pretty fun, the people on there made it fun...and extremely terrible at the same time.