PDA

View Full Version : FV faction

EQBallzz
07-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Anyone know of a method for evil races (Iksar and DE in particular) to turn in canines to Captain Nealith in FV for +FV faction? Normally wolf form could be used for such things but they hate wolves there apparently. Anyone know any other tricks that would allow evil races to get canines turned in?

Xane
07-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Sneak turn in maybe?
If the DE is an enchanter maybe try an illusion.

Jimjam
07-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Does skeleton illusion have a neutral faction modifer in FV?

Otherwise, kill a whole bunch of Goblins! Like 800 of them!

For what it is worth, I think the a canine quest is due being updated. It was recently reported as bugged and yielding insufficient xp.

Bboboo
07-17-2016, 10:41 PM
For what it is worth, I think the a canine quest is due being updated. It was recently reported as bugged and yielding insufficient xp.

I remember a long while back getting dog shit exp from multiple turn ins, forgot what level I was tho.

EQBallzz
07-18-2016, 12:36 AM
bandits in tim deep give +fv faction... or any pirates of gunthak

could be a religous hatred tho?

Yeah, that was my alternate plan...pirates. There are some pirate camps in FV that give +FV faction but was hoping to combine that with the canine turn-ins to speed it up. I guess once I'm non-KOS I can sneak to turn in but I also have a couple guildies that don't have the sneak option so that doesn't help them.

In a semi-related topic...how do most DE people deal with the whole VS faction in Kunark? Do people just ruin their OT Outpost faction when hitting KC and Kaesora or is there a good way to offset those faction hits?

Like Iksar, DE are also limited in where they can bank/sell and I think OT Outpost is the only place in Kunark. Not to mention there are spell "quests" there for cleric (maybe others) that can only be gotten there.

I mean you have to hit Charsis and Kaesora to get the Seb key iirc so even if you skipped KC and other Kunark dungeons to preserve faction you would likely ruin it just getting your Seb key.

This is all a bit new to me. The only evil race I played on live was Iksar and they don't have ambiguous faction issues since everyone hates them. :p

Sorn
07-18-2016, 12:52 AM
I mean you have to hit Charsis and Kaesora to get the Seb key iirc so even if you skipped KC and other Kunark dungeons to preserve faction you would likely ruin it just getting your Seb key.

Ooooo no no no, the Seb key is gotten by hunting a froglok forager and a froglok hunter in Trak's Teeth. No faction hit for OT outpost-goers!

My iksar monk can run around FV pretty much as she pleases right now because I spent several hours killing hundreds of goblins (1000, actually) in WW and LOIO. Trust me, the pirates are NOT efficient if you want FV faction. You are at least 900 faction hits in the hole as an iksar.

There are about 40 goblins in the goblin fort in WW. Team up with someone farming Grachnist or do it solo. Takes about 25 clears. If there's a group there, go to the goblin ruins in LOIO (#9 on the map) and clear those instead.

joppykid
07-18-2016, 08:36 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Inhabitants_of_Firiona_Vie

EQBallzz
07-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Ooooo no no no, the Seb key is gotten by hunting a froglok forager and a froglok hunter in Trak's Teeth. No faction hit for OT outpost-goers!

My iksar monk can run around FV pretty much as she pleases right now because I spent several hours killing hundreds of goblins (1000, actually) in WW and LOIO. Trust me, the pirates are NOT efficient if you want FV faction. You are at least 900 faction hits in the hole as an iksar.

There are about 40 goblins in the goblin fort in WW. Team up with someone farming Grachnist or do it solo. Takes about 25 clears. If there's a group there, go to the goblin ruins in LOIO (#9 on the map) and clear those instead.

Sorry, I wasn't remembering correctly. I meant the Howling Stones key not the Seb key. So the question remains about OT Outpost. Do DE's typically skip KC, Kaesora and HS..to preserve their Outpost faction or is there some trick to preserving faction in the Outpost and still hunting in Kunark dungeons? Or do they just say fuck it and ruin their Outpost faction and try to get someone else to do their spell turn in quest?

I was aware that goblins helped with FV faction and we spent an evening crawling through Nurga and Droga but unfortunately those goblins don't give faction hits for FV. I guess we will just need to hit the gobbie fort in WW/LOIO or something.

Are gobbies better than pirates just because there aren't enough pirates in FV? I don't remember how many are over near the cliffs but I assume that's why you say to kill gobbies instead?

joppykid
07-18-2016, 11:03 AM
If you click on the link I posted above and then click on the mob it will tell you the faction hit number. Both look to be +10

Sorn
07-18-2016, 11:33 AM
If you click on the link I posted above and then click on the mob it will tell you the faction hit number. Both look to be +10

The wiki numbers for faction hits are incorrect/not classic. Generally all hits are +1 unless the mob is named.

Sorry, I wasn't remembering correctly. I meant the Howling Stones key not the Seb key. So the question remains about OT Outpost. Do DE's typically skip KC, Kaesora and HS..to preserve their Outpost faction or is there some trick to preserving faction in the Outpost and still hunting in Kunark dungeons? Or do they just say fuck it and ruin their Outpost faction and try to get someone else to do their spell turn in quest?

The HS key requires only a few kills of Xalgoz (-VS faction, which is OT outpost), and the Chancellor in LOIO (no faction hit for VS), so you wouldn't wreck OT outpost faction generally if you're starting at anywhere above dubious. But if people want to preserve their ability to bank, they would avoid all of those dungeons in Kunark.

You'll find that some higher level players will only keep VS faction long enough to do the OT hammer quest because it's very easy these days to simply hammer off something and get a port at the SF ramp in OT.

KC is a popular dungeon, but HS is usually underpopulated and Kaesora rarely has anyone in it at all.

Are gobbies better than pirates just because there aren't enough pirates in FV? I don't remember how many are over near the cliffs but I assume that's why you say to kill gobbies instead?

The pirates in FV wander pretty far and are higher level, not to mention they walk between other KOS mobs like drixies and drolvargs. The goblins in WW and LOIO are static spawns mostly, densely clustered, and spawn every 6 minutes, which means you can kill them endlessly.

EQBallzz
07-18-2016, 12:15 PM
The wiki numbers for faction hits are incorrect/not classic. Generally all hits are +1 unless the mob is named.

The HS key requires only a few kills of Xalgoz (-VS faction, which is OT outpost), and the Chancellor in LOIO (no faction hit for VS), so you wouldn't wreck OT outpost faction generally if you're starting at anywhere above dubious. But if people want to preserve their ability to bank, they would avoid all of those dungeons in Kunark.

You'll find that some higher level players will only keep VS faction long enough to do the OT hammer quest because it's very easy these days to simply hammer off something and get a port at the SF ramp in OT.

KC is a popular dungeon, but HS is usually underpopulated and Kaesora rarely has anyone in it at all.

The pirates in FV wander pretty far and are higher level, not to mention they walk between other KOS mobs like drixies and drolvargs. The goblins in WW and LOIO are static spawns mostly, densely clustered, and spawn every 6 minutes, which means you can kill them endlessly.

Thanks for all the info. I thought I remembered some static camps of pirates along the cliff in FV but I might be mistaken. I also didn't realize the faction hit info was incorrect on the wiki. How can you even tell? The faction hit messages in the log don't give a numerical value do they?

I think my DE cleric guildie maybe could do without the banking if we get FV faction but not being able to do the cleric spell turn in for high level spells is sort of an issue. That's too bad as we were looking forward to doing HS, Kaesora and KC.

Sorn
07-18-2016, 12:53 PM
I know through the comments of others factioning, but more than that, the fact that I had to kill between 800 and 900 goblins to reach dubious with FV, and the fact that I had to kill 500+ orcs to reach apprehensive with NFP pallies...those hits are not +10. They aren't even +10 on live! Whoever filled in the values on everything was pretty much just making things up, as far as I can tell.

I've been up and down the cliff area of FV looking for pirates. They're all roamers, as far as I can tell. There might be as many as 15 up all at once, but you'd need track to find them all. WW fort goblins number about 40 and I think the ruins in LOIO contain similar numbers, all in one spot.

joppykid
07-18-2016, 02:42 PM

*EDIT* After looking at this http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction . I agree with you lol. ** Numbers don't add up

snergle
07-19-2016, 02:45 PM
you can turn in through the wall then get someone to invis. The problem with fv is that only some stuff is on that faction. others are on kelethin or felwithe faction. The best way to get fv faction is to kill goblins in WW and pirates in FV

Moerne
07-19-2016, 02:55 PM
It won't work for all evils, but DE clerics and Troll Shammies of Innoruuk can do the symbol of Innoruuk quest that give a one-time use hobbit illusion mask. Pretty sure it will work there, since it works in hobbit town