PDA

View Full Version : Erud necro and faction in Queynos

Occam's Butter Knife
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
For fun i started an Erudite Necro. After hitting level 8 I moved to Queynos and noticed I could do the Cubert quest. Of course I ran the risk of a wondering caster coming by and beating my head in. Being a Necro:

- is there a way to raise my faction enough with warriors guild to do Gnoll fangs?

- Can i raise faction with Knights of Thunder enough to do Bandit sashes?

- Should I skip both of these and focus on more lucrative hunting?

fischsemmel
01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
As an erudite necro, of course worshipping cazic-thule, I found that I was only KOS with the "good" mages of qeynos when I first set foot in the city.

You can do the gnoll tooth quest without working on any faction grinds. Dont know about the knights of thunder but I assume you can get it up just by killing gnolls.

Overall I've been surprised how well-liked my erudite necro has been. I never played classic, I started early in Kunark, and I'm not sure I ever played an erudite necro... but yeah... apprehensive with halflings? Not KOS with rodcet nife followers? Only threatening with NFP? I had a cooler reception in Neriak than I did in Qeynos or Freeport.

Dunes
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
You can get +faction with the clerics and paladins in Qeynos (and around Norrath for that matter) by taking the gnoll fang quest to the next level (turning in Moonstones to Jocub). I was able to take my Ogre Shadow Knight from extreme KOS to warmly with guards and indifferent to Pally's and Clerics with about 220 gnoll fangs (and significantly more gnoll kills to get those fangs). It wasnt inconvenient at all, because I was simply leveling there along the way (entered at level 4 and left at level 13 with 220 fangs stashed away).

As an added bonus, those 220 fangs took me from 3 blue into 13 to half a blue short of 15.

Mardur
01-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, on my Erudite Necro it was a breeze. I was able to immediately turn in Gnoll Fangs, and by the time I did that to the point I could do bandits my faction was good enough to do Bandit Sashes. Don't forget to turn in the moonstones for a bit of extra faction as well.

Occam's Butter Knife
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help. Seems like i have direction.

Dunes
01-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Quick warning regarding the bandit sashes turn in - it will trash your faction with the necro's and SK's in Qeynos Catacombs. Since you are in the area, its a hard decision.

Pros -

Extra exp for each sash (moderate amount - not like gnoll fangs which are pretty good for their level)
Some more positive faction with guards, paladins and clerics
Cash from the sales of bronze weapons

Cons -

Quickly (yes, they are relatively large hits) damages your faction with your class trainers and spell vendors