PDA

View Full Version : Ixiblat and Overking for Cleric epic

csbaker-az
07-20-2016, 11:15 PM
What sort of groups and numbers needed for these?

Most concerned with Ixiblat since it could potentially eat the item to spawn him if it goes wrong.

First character and only like two months old, so barely scraped by enough cash to MQ the Ragefire heart.

Could conceivably get my epic tonight if I can get these two down.

Maschenny
07-20-2016, 11:55 PM
Ixiblat is super easy, just need a solid tank, a cleric, spot heals and some dps. Did it with eight people the other day and he went down quick and easy.

Edit: on the other hand i see him left up a lot, so i guess people are losing the fight?

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Ixiblat is super easy, just need a solid tank, a cleric, spot heals and some dps. Did it with eight people the other day and he went down quick and easy.

Edit: on the other hand i see him left up a lot, so i guess people are losing the fight?

people intentionally spawn* Ixiblat and leave to prevent more CoFs from entering the marketplace - thus increasimg the value

eisley
07-21-2016, 12:10 AM
people intentionally Ixiblat and leave to prevent more CoFs from entering the marketplace - thus increasimg the value

ragefire farmers intentionally leave ixiblat up because it's not necessary to kill him to acquire the pearl

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:15 AM
ragefire farmers intentionally leave ixiblat up because it's not necessary to kill him to acquire the pearl

what's it like being no fun at all? :mad:

eisley
07-21-2016, 12:25 AM
what's it like being no fun at all? :mad:

not fun

Maschenny
07-21-2016, 12:39 AM
people intentionally spawn* Ixiblat and leave to prevent more CoFs from entering the marketplace - thus increasimg the value

I guess that makes sense, I dunno. Never took ergonomics.

xKoopa
07-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Ive done ixi with sk/sham/cleric and a few randoms for dps

The key is getting him slowed before fight, have a bard or sk etc kite it around and build aggro while shammy tries to slow and gg

Spyder73
07-21-2016, 08:30 AM
Can usually get people to come to Ixi since he drops some nice loot. Mantle of Fire isn't bad for monks! But of course CoF is where it's at... Anytime I have done him we have had 8 level 60's minimum and he goes down like a sack of rocks

Tupakk
07-21-2016, 10:10 AM
You really should be more concerned with Overking. Ixi is a piece of cake.

csbaker-az
07-21-2016, 10:11 PM
Overking is just a regular spawn though with infinite reattempts, he doesn't eat a quest item.

Anyone up for either of them this evening?

Tasslehofp99
07-22-2016, 12:29 AM
Overking is just a regular spawn though with infinite reattempts, he doesn't eat a quest item.

Anyone up for either of them this evening?

Overking has a repop time of 2 hours I think? Could be wrong there.

I would be down for Ixi or King tonight if you're around and getting people together look for any of my characters listed below and shoot me a tell.

csbaker-az
07-23-2016, 05:19 AM
Just need Overking Bathezid now.

DoucLangur
07-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Imo, Overking can be done with 2 groups (if all key classes are 60), given you have

a) a focused team (understanding positioning without having to be told)
b) an offtank team of 3 (tank, shaman, dps) to take out roamer respawns at any time,
c) a good puller (as in picking the adds off one by one in quick succession, or pulling overking out single)
d) enough push to interrupt CH/gate

I would say two clerics doing CH alternatingly, not so much because of the critical time, but to make the mana last - and some druid/shaman heals vs. the AE.

Pulling him out of the room, I would fight him at the corner top of the ramp, position the casters around the corner, out of AE LoS.

Just make sure that you ideally have a 5min window or so without roamer respawns upon engage, and that around 40% of his health, you focus on push more than on avoiding the AE.

Edit: I would say ideal setup for 2 group action:

- 2 level 60 tanks (however, offtank for roamers could be a 60 monk)
- 2 clerics (55+) with good mana
- 1 level 60 chanter
- 1 torpor shaman
- 1 55+ monk puller (or a skilled SK/necro)
- 5x dps incl. 1 rogue to open doors, ideally high resistance vs. AE and solid hp, lots of push - so monks, rogues, rangers

Tupakk
07-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Imo, Overking can be done with 2 groups (if all key classes are 60), given you have

b) an offtank team of 3 (tank, shaman, dps) to take out roamer respawns at any time,
c) a good puller (as in picking the adds off one by one in quick succession, or pulling overking out single)

I would say two clerics doing CH alternatingly, not so much because of the critical time, but to make the mana last - and some druid/shaman heals vs. the AE.

Pulling him out of the room, I would fight him at the corner top of the ramp, position the casters around the corner, out of AE LoS.

Just make sure that you ideally have a 5min window or so without roamer respawns upon engage, and that around 40% of his health, you focus on push more than on avoiding the AE.

- 1 level 60 chanter
- 1 torpor shaman
- 5x dps incl. 1 rogue to open doors, ideally high resistance vs. AE and solid hp, lots of push - so monks, rogues, rangers

Like I said more work for King. Its not a PuG thing.

Tasslehofp99
07-23-2016, 09:24 PM

- 1 level 60 chanter
- 1 torpor shaman

This sounds like super overkill.

People were 4 and 5 manning king in Chardok before Velious was even out. You just need to be able to get the pull done before repops happen and have enough melee push to interrupt his casts at 40%. Granted, its easier to wipe with a smaller group if something goes wrong. However, I always found that bringing more people down below in Chardok resulted in more frequent wipes.

Juevento
07-23-2016, 09:37 PM
You can trio Ixiblat if you have a chanter, cleric and pet class (mage is best, for mala). Have the enchanter charm Slixin and buff em. Just get Ixi slowed and its super easy.