PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Wooly Mammoth?

Boilon
07-22-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm having massive problems with this for some reason... I don't remember this being so bad before. I have been checking the spawn points that are listed on the wiki and it seems either the spawn times are VERY high now, or they aren't spawning in the said spots. I am also wondering if Tundra Jack is going around killing the Tainted after it spawns and I am just not noticing it or anything. I tried to kill Tundra Jack but then had some issues lol...

Been hunting this for 3 hours to no avail. Does anyone have any particular tips to get them to spawn a bit more, I have been hunting down any wooly mammoths, but just not seeing any tainted.

Boilon
07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Can Tundra Jack kill the tainted/corrupted? Because he does kill any other mammoths he runs through... so I am wondering if that is what is happening as well. Not a big problem if he is killing the others as it might actually help spawn the tainted, but not if he is killing that too :(

Gumbo
07-22-2016, 11:02 PM
I went from level 27-33 charming and killing Mammoths with my Druid and everywhere I turned I would run into the tainted or corrupted Mammoth.

I think he wanted me to take him home as a new pet and get him out of the cold...

Beckoning
07-22-2016, 11:35 PM
Tainted or corrupted are commonly up - just ran around and do some tracking while killing mammoths. Enjoy it though... this camp is much more fun than you'll find Lake Rathetear I'm afraid.

Boilon
07-23-2016, 04:10 AM
Well some people are telling me just kill regular wooly mammoths, and others are saying clear everything, and some just wooly mammoth calfs. So does anyone who has killed it or have experience with it longer term know what I should be killing?

rinweth
07-23-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes, Tundra Jack ends tainteds and corrupteds without mercy. The first one I found on track was immediately destroyed before I got to it.

Victorio
07-23-2016, 11:15 AM
This one is super easy compared to the goblin in lake rathe and barracuda in loio

Tasslehofp99
07-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Are you going around killing every calf in zone? I think I spawned about 3 of these inside of 45-50 minutes.

Jimjam
07-24-2016, 04:21 AM
Isn't there a specific calf with a different name to the others that spawns this?

danoj
08-13-2016, 01:39 AM
Watch out for Tundra Jack!!!! He will murder your face! Was just smashed by him while meding. =(

31 Druid Wood Elf

-Edit- I was in Wolf Form, could that be why he kos'd me?

Sorn
08-13-2016, 02:21 AM
-Edit- I was in Wolf Form, could that be why he kos'd me?

Yes, that is exactly why. Barbarians hate wolf form.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
08-13-2016, 08:55 AM
If you're referring to the spawn points on the charm kiting guide, then yes, you won't be finding him easy there. In fact those spawn points seem way far off from where I would find most mammoths and eventually the tainted mammoth. There are many more mammoths up and down the xxxx, -2500 -> -3000 y axis line. Run north and south along there. So many more mammoths.

Bummey
08-13-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not the calfs, but the large mammoths that spawn the tainted. When I was charming those things I'd get a tainted pop almost every other spawn cycle. If you go to the fallen temple with the vendor selling poison spells and follow the frozen river south you'll see all 5? of the mammoths on track.

Doctor Jeff
08-13-2016, 12:34 PM
I've done this quest 3 times every time I found my mammoth by killing every mammoth related mob in this area
http://i.imgur.com/QHJrqZw.png

Kotopes
08-13-2016, 04:08 PM
I saw it multiple times in 3 day window trying to find Karg Icebear on my newb barb. shaman so it definitely exists.

Amyas
08-13-2016, 05:20 PM
I killed near barb guards on my druid while I was exping around that level. spawned him 3 times.

danoj
08-14-2016, 06:05 AM
I've done this quest 3 times every time I found my mammoth by killing every mammoth related mob in this area

What are "mammoth related mob's
?!?

Senn
08-14-2016, 07:34 AM
mammoths and mammoth calfs, one would imagine

Gumbo
08-14-2016, 04:58 PM
I think something changed or no one hits Everfrost anymore but I had to hit Everfrost for 2 new Shaman spells and the place was jammed packed with Wooly Mammoths and Corrupted Mammoths.

I mean like 15 Wooly Mammoths and at least 2 or 3 Corruped. I have never seen so many. It's like they all decided to get freaky this summer and started knockin' boots ;)

Bummey
08-14-2016, 08:07 PM

Two mammoths spawn around your circled area, and the rest spawn and roam to the east in and around the middle areas of the frozen river.

Just kill the big mammoths to get the Tainted to spawn. Not calfs, not bears, not wolves, not orcs, just big mammoths.

entruil
08-14-2016, 09:19 PM
I seen a few tainted from killing mammoths in the circled area in above quoted map while leveling.

zillabunny
08-15-2016, 03:07 AM

Why have you done the druid epic 3 times?

Kowalski
08-15-2016, 05:10 AM
3rd time is the charm