PDA

View Full Version : Is antisemitism tolerated on p1999 forums?

DoucLangur
07-22-2016, 07:46 PM
If not: please ban this troll.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2327416&postcount=74

Jauna
07-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Buying low and selling high is a common tactic, you got ripped, let it be a lesson.

big_ole_jpn
07-22-2016, 08:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkrTXKbnBbE

Skinned
07-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Lol that guy.

I'm pretty sure everything is fair game in R&F and through PM since they're blockable and avoidable, if it isn't harassment. Up to the people who own this thing though, its their stuff. That gif though.

Tankdan
07-22-2016, 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rcc7xgD2dM

lol

fash
07-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Don't get too rustled. The chosen people themselves refer to this character as "stereotypical jew, long nose, beard, sweaty, ugly" (https://youtu.be/dsBO2q7NHGM?t=17s). Their own words.

phacemeltar
07-22-2016, 11:21 PM
Don't get too rustled. The chosen people themselves refer to this character as "stereotypical jew, long nose, beard, sweaty, ugly" (https://youtu.be/dsBO2q7NHGM?t=17s). Their own words.

youre ignorant AF. this goy does not represent an entire racial group. i hope darwinism does you in.

Pokesan
07-22-2016, 11:31 PM
no nevermind

Beckoning
07-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Good god - that image nearly gave me a seizure.

Tecmos Deception
07-22-2016, 11:34 PM
I think he converted to Judaism for the jokes!

Beckoning
07-22-2016, 11:36 PM
I think he converted to Judaism for the jokes!

+1 for Seinfeld Reference

Tecmos Deception
07-22-2016, 11:39 PM
I think we can all agree that P99 forumgoers are a bunch of rabid anti-dentites.

Ahldagor
07-23-2016, 12:28 AM

If you ignore santa, it'll go away. He's like Relapse.

quido
07-24-2016, 10:14 AM
sure it is - it's an ethnicity as well as a religion

Mags
07-24-2016, 11:25 AM

#notalljews No one person speaks for an entire group, I feel like this shouldn't even be said.

sure it is - it's an ethnicity as well as a religion

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Also known as a Tribe.

Doctor Jeff
07-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Is antisemitism tolerated on p1999 forums?

TL;DR whole thread

yes.

Loke
07-25-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't understand people who still think that censoring the internet is even remotely feasible in 2016. Don't like something someone said? Reply to them or ignore it, but don't expect the internet to be some sort of safe space where you never have to confront the reality that some people hold some fucked up opinions. Free and open discourse, even when it includes some insensitive ideas, is more important than your feels.

There is an ignore function the the forums, please feel free to use it for any posters who offend you. Fuck off with trying to censor shit for everyone though.

Pokesan
07-25-2016, 12:29 PM
I don't understand people who still think that censoring the internet is even remotely feasible in 2016. Don't like something someone said? Reply to them or ignore it, but don't expect the internet to be some sort of safe space where you never have to confront the reality that some people hold some fucked up opinions. Free and open discourse, even when it includes some insensitive ideas, is more important than your feels.

There is an ignore function the the forums, please feel free to use it for any posters who offend you. Fuck off with trying to censor shit for everyone though.

you are such a badass

Spyder73
07-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Z.O.G.

Loke
07-25-2016, 12:44 PM
you are such a badass

Thanks. That means a lot from someone who's life seems to revolve around shitposting on elf sim forums.

Daldolma
07-25-2016, 01:59 PM

It's not so much a matter of "censoring the internet" as it is not providing a literal forum for racism. For example, in America, we've already agreed, as a society, that censorship of speech is a bad thing. And yet, you're not free to walk into a private establishment and deliver a racist rant without being removed. Freedom of speech means you don't go to jail for advocating ideas, even if they're bad ones. It doesn't mean you get invited to every dinner party to espouse your views.

This is a private forum. Its owners exercise nearly complete control over what is and isn't allowed to be published on it. Posts including staff criticism or real life attacks, for instance, are frequently removed and often result in loss of forum access for the poster. So it's disingenuous to act like speech on this forum isn't already being censored. It is selective censorship, and it's fair game to ask why certain forms of speech (i.e. overt anti-semitism) are not banned--or those bans are not vigorously enforced--while others are.

There is obviously no rule forbidding this forum from promoting or turning a blind eye to racist or anti-semitic speech. If the forum runners approve of it, that's within their rights. The OP justifiably asks whether they do--whether their silence on the issue is intentional or whether they were unaware of the post in question. Presumably it matters to him and will impact his continued patronage of the project.

I appreciate the anti-censorship angle, but it just doesn't apply here. This is a private elf club and if its members and/or owners agree that racism isn't invited to elf club, then hey: it isn't. The interests of open discourse aren't really served by an elf simulator forum at all, so let's not kid ourselves, but to the extent that they are, allowing internet people to post offensively bigoted content with impunity isn't serving them. It's far more likely to chill open discourse.

Loke
07-25-2016, 02:23 PM
You'd be spot on Dald if I had been complaining to the forum owners about censorship - they have every rght to limit the type of dicussion on their forums. I wasn't addressing them though. I was bitching at a single person who was appealling to the forum mods in favor of censorship. So I think it does apply here. He is specifically requesting the mods censor content he finds disagreeable, which I find disagreeable. Not sure how my criticism of his criticism is any less applicable.

Nihilist_santa
07-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Forum owners are free to do what they wish and to have or enforce any rules they see fit. The OP is just butt hurt because in recent OT political discussions his views have been tarnished by the actions of individuals in Europe, the US, and ME. References to ZOG are political not racial and are as valid to criticize as radical Islam in my opinion.

Spyder73
07-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Exhibit A

Do jew oven lift bro?

Sage Truthbearer
07-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Posts including staff criticism or real life attacks, for instance, are frequently removed and often result in loss of forum access for the poster.

Eating a forum ban doesn't really mean much when it doesn't affect your in-game characters and you can just register a new forum account in seconds.

P2002 had the right idea: your forum account is tied to your in-game one. If you get a ban on the forums and your characters get banned in-game too.

The result? Their forum isn't Stormfront 2.0 like it is here and there's basically no need for staff to ever moderate. Freakin' shocker, I know.

snergle
07-25-2016, 04:24 PM
Eating a forum ban doesn't really mean much when it doesn't affect your in-game characters and you can just register a new forum account in seconds.

P2002 had the right idea: your forum account is tied to your in-game one. If you get a ban on the forums and your characters get banned in-game too.

The result? Their forum isn't Stormfront 2.0 like it is here and there's basically no need for staff to ever moderate. Freakin' shocker, I know.

whats with this server and all the libertarian alt right and stormfronters anyways? no other game server seems to have so many. unless they are all from rerolled.org. place was a cess pool when it was called fohguild.org

Teppler
07-25-2016, 06:48 PM
We all want to Make MMOs Great Again.

Baler
07-25-2016, 07:07 PM
The staff are NOT ignorant to who is pushing the envelope.

If these people choose to act up who ever they are,. The p99 staff will strike them down

paulgiamatti
07-25-2016, 11:01 PM

You, sir Truthbearer, are living up to your surname.

big_ole_jpn
07-25-2016, 11:49 PM

aka dead community and no forumquest

shitty idea for shitty insular tiny pop nerd servers where everyone playing is a creep. without forumquest i'm positive red would be floating 10 players (or else an alternative unmoderated board with tranny dicks would step up).

Pokesan
07-26-2016, 12:02 AM

shitty idea for shitty insular tiny pop nerd servers where everyone playing is a creep. without forumquest i'm positive red would be floating 10 players (or else an alternative unmoderated board with tranny dicks would step up).

there's an important distinction between the sincere and the farcical when it comes to bigotry

AzzarTheGod
07-26-2016, 01:26 AM

My sentiments as well.

Being "politically correct" in this forum culture, and creating an environment without the possibility for open and honest discussion, would only lead to a 0 population red server.

The forums also have a similar effect on blue to a lesser extent in a small niche community like this.

So someone pushes the envelope every once in awhile, big deal. Get over it. Just because you aren't emotionally mature enough to ignore it and carry on doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

No I would not like staff making any changes to moderation, all due respect, too many cooks have already spoiled the pot from what I've seen in the past.

We tried aggressive tighty whitey moderation and I don't think a single community member appreciated it.

The F word being banned was the only cleanup action taken that I agreed with, as I think we were tired of the lack of creativity behind that insult.

Someone's sociopolitical/geopolitical views can't bother me in the slightest...

But then again I'm an adult.

Pokesan
07-26-2016, 01:37 AM
My sentiments as well.

Being "politically correct" in this forum culture, and creating an environment without the possibility for open and honest discussion, would only lead to a 0 population red server.

The forums also have a similar effect on blue to a lesser extent in a small niche community like this.

So someone pushes the envelope every once in awhile, big deal. Get over it. Just because you aren't emotionally mature enough to ignore it and carry on doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

No I would not like staff making any changes to moderation, all due respect, too many cooks have already spoiled the pot from what I've seen in the past.

We tried aggressive tighty whitey moderation and I don't think a single community member appreciated it.

The F word being banned was the only cleanup action taken that I agreed with, as I think we were tired of the lack of creativity behind that insult.

Someone's sociopolitical/geopolitical views can't bother me in the slightest...

But then again I'm an adult.

the "adult" in the room is arguing for free speech in a thread about an actual factual neo-nazi

thanks for posting

AzzarTheGod
07-26-2016, 01:45 AM
the "adult" in the room is arguing for free speech in a thread about an actual factual neo-nazi

thanks for posting

except it was an off-topic post and wasn't addressing a specific case.

I thought it was pretty apparent it was in response to pages 2 through 4. You know that's sort of how a thread works. Meta discussions evolve.

Thanks for sharing your narrow interpretation. Take these bi-focals they help.

gotem.jpg

AzzarTheGod
07-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Additionally I reserve my right as an American to not examine or comment on any specific case.

Loke
07-26-2016, 07:24 AM

Since when has "the F word" been banned? I don't make it a habit to curse, but I'm sure I've dropped an F bomb at some point on the forums. If that is actually a rule, that is dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ (NSFW due to language)

maskedmelon
07-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Don't really see an issue. If you don't understand satire, don't like to think and find your feelings are regularly ravaged by unkind words, stay away from RNF and OT. If you have an inquisitive, creative or other decent side, then hop right in, the water is great ^^

Jorgam
07-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Applause is in order! I especially liked how you hit him for wanting a safe space lol. Best response.

Mortiis
07-26-2016, 01:59 PM

JurisDictum
07-26-2016, 02:15 PM
You know, Santa puts a lot more thought into his political opinions than most posters. I don't see anything wrong with letting the fascists say their piece too. I don't think its that persuasive to most people.

Banning people for speech makes our values look weak.

AzzarTheGod
07-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Since when has "the F word" been banned? I don't make it a habit to curse, but I'm sure I've dropped an F bomb at some point on the forums. If that is actually a rule, that is dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ (NSFW due to language)

Yeahhhh....we must be talking about 2 different F words....

Alanus
07-28-2016, 11:41 AM
That is tame compared to the shit that went down during live.

AzzarTheGod
07-29-2016, 04:13 AM
That is tame compared to the shit that went down during live.

Hmmm server wise, or forum wise?

Alanus
07-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Hmmm server wise, or forum wise?

Both.