PDA

View Full Version : Base Jumping

nalkin
01-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Tired of the monotony of everyday life? Seeking more adventure in the world of Norrath? Perhaps you are level 30 and wondering how your life got to where it is, and scared of where it is going.

Look no further. Come one come all to Le Gorge du Nalkin where one can experience the thrills and adrenaline rush of base jumping.

The reviews are in,
Kimmie says, "Nalkin is so cool!!"
Geegoo says, "What a rush! Even for a nub like me."
DA says, "It rocked my poop socks!"
Abacab says, "Shit, dude shit, big abacab will train your azz, dude this shit rocked!!"
Raren says, "I liked it so much I duped 10 nalkins and 20 GORGES!!!"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xc27X08ie4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xc27X08ie4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hobby
01-06-2011, 02:36 PM
GM Approves of this Video

Ihealyou
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Nalkin ist Cool!

Crone
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I must say that Nalkin you've absolutely taken the spirit of this server and embraced. You have a dang good time, and enjoy it for what it is!

Thanks for sharing, but remember...

Silly Nalkin, you can not fly. Do not be sad, many things can not fly. Sticks, Tree's... Nalkin!! :P

Chanus
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Silly Nancy! Only British people can fly!

Ihealyou
01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Its not flying, its falling with style.

Folkar
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Awesome!

Omnimorph
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
the key to flying is to try and hit the ground... but miss.

Kimmie
01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Its not flying, its falling with style.

You and Crone stole the only clever things I had to say :(

Cars
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
The reviews are in,
Kimmie says, "Nalkin is so cool!!"
Geegoo says, "What a rush! Even for a nub like me."
DA says, "It rocked my poop socks!"
Abacab says, "Shit, dude shit, big abacab will train your azz, dude this shit rocked!!"
Raren says, "I liked it so much I duped 10 nalkins and 20 GORGES!!!"

The reviews here almost made me pee my pants...too funny

Alawen Everywhere
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
This video made me want to join KaN. A+, will watch again.

azeth
01-06-2011, 09:17 PM
That rocked my poop sock.

also 1:06->fin slow mo on Kimmie made me lol irl asap brt.

Orov
01-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm in.

Jeah
01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Great video, not to nitpick too much but isn't this old footage? I thought I saw this before, if so needs an update! Either way you rock.

Kimmie
01-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Great video, not to nitpick too much but isn't this old footage? I thought I saw this before, if so needs an update! Either way you rock.

You watch your mouth, b. It's flippin' new. We do NOT re-use aged material.

Estu
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM

Oh, shit! You're Dinosaur! Hope you're enjoying LifeAlert, yo.

rugerx
01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
insta click levi ring ftw! I was hoping to see a poop sock trailing you like a parachute!

Cyrano
01-07-2011, 11:21 AM
First funny thing I've seen on these forums.

Ihealyou
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM

You reused material in your I'm mad at Nalkin video...

Kimmie
01-07-2011, 12:17 PM
You reused material in your I'm mad at Nalkin video...

The purpose of that video was about individual growth, nostalgia and the loss of love. This therefore required the use of previous footage, which was presented in black and white to emphasize the age of said clips. You obviously did not understand the elaborate depth of emotions presented in that video. I'm a little disappointed that you missed the message, Uuur.

Ihealyou
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
On the contrary, I felt that I understood your film quite well. I thought the director's decision to force the audience to rely on an unreliable narrator was exceptionally effective. Reminiscent of the Japanese classic, Rashomon, it leaves the viewer to decide what is truth, and what is fiction. The use of flashbacks, however, was not quite as effective. Ignoring the fact that they were a lazy narrative device, the flashbacks only served to confuse the viewer, without adding anything of substance to the story. The use of old clips especially dimished their effectiveness. The audience is not gaining any information about Kimmie's state of mind, or feelings towards Nalkin, despite a significant change in these feelings. Instead, the viewer is left viewing rehashed clips of situations which they have seen before. I would have appreciated a little more exploration of what Kimmie was feeling in these scenes, instead of the flashbacks.

Kimmie
01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
On the contrary, I felt that I understood your film quite well. I thought the director's decision to force the audience to rely on an unreliable narrator was exceptionally effective. Reminiscent of the Japanese classic, Rashomon, it leaves the viewer to decide what is truth, and what is fiction. The use of flashbacks, however, was not quite as effective. Ignoring the fact that they were a lazy narrative device, the flashbacks only served to confuse the viewer, without adding anything of substance to the story. The use of old clips especially dimished their effectiveness. The audience is not gaining any information about Kimmie's state of mind, or feelings towards Nalkin, despite a significant change in these feelings. Instead, the viewer is left viewing rehashed clips of situations which they have seen before. I would have appreciated a little more exploration of what Kimmie was feeling in these scenes, instead of the flashbacks.

On the contrary, Kimmie's feelings and emotions were most adequately depicted. The viewer sees her struggle with her haunted past (i.e. the memories of her previous life with Nalkin) and her new found battle with alcoholism and solitude. Because of this, the antique clips are essential. They act as a stream of consciousness, inviting the viewer into Kimmie's mind, allowing him or her to experience the thoughts and anguish that haunt and torment her from day to day. It is a celebration of love, life and finding peace. It investigates the acceptance of lives and loves lost while simultaneously exploring the strifes one must face along this path. The film does not obscure Kimmie's emotions, nor does it sugarcoat the most repugnant aspects of her journey toward acceptance and independence. It is a tale of development and growth (a bildungsroman, if you will). In the end, the viewer is left inspired--inspired by the fact that the protagonist was able to overcome the most baseless form of abandonment by the gnome which she only ever showered with ports and adoration. In conclusion, I am most inclined to disagree with your elementary statements.

Greenwood
01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
been doing this for ages... (before they nerfed pegasus cloak)