PDA

View Full Version : Taking suggestions on Pally weapons

Aarone
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Planning on doing a little twinking, and looking for suggestions on a good, reasonable (i.e.: price/attainability - not 1,000s of plat or days of camping) Paladin weapon, preferably with an offensive proc, other than the Ghoulbane (already have one, thank you). Specifically, I'm looking for something useful when fighting non-undead (the alive? :D), and allowing for some semblance of soloing capability when not LFG (ya, ya, I know - it's a Paladin. Humor me, please).

Off the top of my head, the only things I can think of are the Screaming Mace and the Man-O-War, and I'm quite sure that there are many more. Constructive suggestions are most entirely appreciated - my wife beat you to the punch with the non-constructive kind. ;)

bufferofnewbies
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Not an offensive proc, but a defensive one for early levels:
Shining Star of Light quest out of Qeynos. Its a 1hb that procs a low level heal/cure all. (great for when fighting spiders or casters)

Cars
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
This isnt that helpful as i dont remember the name but there is a 2h slash weapon that has a fire proc. I dont think its going to make you any more capable of soloing but its a decent weapon. Efreeti zweihander or something? I would just bite the bullet and get a Ghoulbane as it will allow you to lvl from 20-30 at abnormal rates.

guineapig
01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Hmm, PGT is super cheap and allows for minimizing downtime. Probably the most beneficial proc I can think of as paladins already have agro control covered (and don't need to worry about that while soloing. The price for usefulness exhange on this weapon is huge