PDA

View Full Version : goodbye

menzus
01-31-2010, 04:24 AM
well goodbye eq classic sense some asshole thought it would be funny 2 charm gate a mob kos 2 me on my bind point while i took my gf 2 work and killed me over 70 times im out so have a good one be safe and who ever did this burn in hell thx

Lucia Moonglow
01-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Can I have your stu- wait, it's all over OOT...nevermind.

In all seriousness, I still stand by the fact that it's your fault for going AFK for hours in an unsafe zone. Whoever trained you was still wrong, but you made a really big mistake regardless...lesson learned, I guess.

anthony210
01-31-2010, 05:51 AM
Man dont quit, talk to a GM or maybe get someone to rez 90% rez your corpses. Youd get back to atleast lvl 30 that way.

Kuldiin
01-31-2010, 05:56 AM
Aye just get rezzed back up. Easy :)

Goobles
01-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Some douchebag enchanter named Tizzle did the same thing to me, I don't know if it was him.. but the behavior is familiar. This thread belongs in Rant/Flames imo

MDTufts
01-31-2010, 06:11 AM
This kind of behavior doesnt surprise me at all after reading these forums and watching /ooc. Ive been thinking of calling it quits myself based simply on the climate of stupidity, but there are always those few poeple you enjoy playing with that make you second guess leaving. I leave my character sitting quite often so he can heal while I go make dinner or something along those lines. You didnt say why you were just sitting there instead of logging out, but Id like to think it was to heal as the alternative paints you in a dimmer light.
Seeing as how we are all playing on a free server now, without sonys need to keep players paying by slowing down their progress I really thing the regen rate should be upped dramaticlly, maybe then we wouldnt have so many people leaving their computers while they try to regen half their hitpoints.

Lucia Moonglow
01-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Oh, God...

Look, it's not the fact that he could have been AFK leveling that got me annoyed, or the fact that someone trained him. The fact is, he handled it poorly.

Losing 15 levels sucks, yes, but he could have just rolled with it and said "Yeah, I bound in a stupid spot and went AFK for a lot longer than I meant to. My bad. Dumb mistake." but instead, when people poked fun at him (which IS GOING TO HAPPEN, it's the internet, get used to it), he became openly hostile and confrontational rather than handling it with maturity.

That's why I don't feel sorry for him, even if I do think that whoever trained him needs to be banned.

Witness
01-31-2010, 06:44 AM
considering there has been posts about this person afk leveling, and now all the sudden he is afk all day long, in a zone that is known for afk leveling, and come back to losing 17 levels? whether he was afk leveling or not at the specific time..2 thumbs up to whoever did this IMO

EDIT: on that note, dont quit man. turn legit and level like the rest of us

siinge
01-31-2010, 06:47 AM
your the mage that was qqing in ooc about you afk lvling your mage in OOT, you went to pick up your gf and someone caught you doing naughty things

karma?

menzus
01-31-2010, 06:56 AM
love it cuz im a mage im must be afk lvlin again ask anyone in my guild i am always talkin so if im afk lvlin how am i doing that fina thinks i afk lvl cuz i said its not an exploit that is how that crap all got started get the facts stright plz thx

menzus
01-31-2010, 06:56 AM
oh and one other thing why is it my fault someone wanted 2 be a dick and train me?

menzus
01-31-2010, 07:20 AM
hmm on that note maybe i should read what im writing when im ranting. sorry if you cant read it wrote it in a blind rage. hope you all can kinda understand about that.

Goobles
01-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Congratulations, your actions have officially created a shitstorm in /ooc. I don't know if this was your intent or not, but way to go nevertheless. I'm going to bed, and dreaming about how many stupid actions have resulted in a DDoS attack. Oh god, zombie computers everywhere! They want my braaains!!! nuuuuuuuuuuuu!

canardvc
01-31-2010, 08:15 AM
love it cuz im a mage im must be afk lvlin again ask anyone in my guild i am always talkin so if im afk lvlin how am i doing that fina thinks i afk lvl cuz i said its not an exploit that is how that crap all got started get the facts stright plz thx

That :

Hello, I'd like to introduce you to some exciting new grammar structures that have just been invented for the English language:

Comma (,)
Period (.)
Question mark (?)
Exclamation mark (!)

They are used to organize ideas and modify or add meaning. Consult a 1st grade English book for instructions on how to use these fascinating new additions to the English language.

muffin
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Happened here too see all my bodies outside unrest:)

Yellow
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
haha man this is some funny shit... teaches ytou this... dont afk for large amounts of time while your pc is on.... this is YOUR fault.

lyyfeleech
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
If the bug where charmed mobs returned to their bind points when the charmer camps the aggro away was fixed this would not be an issue. This has been brought up numerous times...why cant it be fixed. When a mob is no longer aggro it should return to its spawn. Now we have chanters bringing kos mobs to Alliz isle in OOT and just camp aggro and it will stay forever. Had a seafury dropped right on top of me by some ass enchanter yesterday who wanted alliz for himself I guess.

Goobles
01-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Exploiters, ban!

Jify
02-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Jeez. Charming classes are all jerks.

Finawin
02-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Lol karmic justice

Zithax
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
i lol'd

Pikle
02-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Lucia I'm going to start with you... talking about handling things with maturity? Someone took time out of their day to kill him over and over, or set it up to kill him over and over. That's real mature. There is a NEW server rule on AFK lvling, if someone is AFK lvling just petition it and they will be kicked to char select screen and I'm sure the GM's will have some type of punishment. So if you want to handle things with some maturity how about following the rules?

Now I've heard many stories of people afking for periods of time and dying and losing lvls because they are bound in a bad spot or someone thought it would be funny to kill them over and over. I just think it's pathetic people try and punish others for something that doesn't even have any effect on them.

Of course I don't know many people who wouldn't be completely angry about losing 15 lvls regardless of how many rezzes they can get or how much they would have to pay for it. Of course this doesn't forgive how anyone acts in /ooc, but it's not like anyone came rushing to help either, haha. The GM's won't help in that situation most likely.

And if you could tell me a zone to AFK in that is completely safe? I've gone AFK many times in game and then something came up in RL where I had to AFK a lot longer, it's just part of life, people should not be punished for having things to do. Now whether or not people AFK lvl is up to them, I don't think it's completely fair but everyone can make a mage if they want. And honestly I can lvl twice as fast an any AFK lvler when I'm online, so doesn't really bother me. A lot of classes are overpowered in certain situations? Should a bard/enc be able to charm shit 10-15 lvls higher than them... probably not but its' part of the game. I've seen lvl 60 mobs charmed on this server, that doesn't seem fair when you can take that mob and go kill your lvl mobs for exp.

I just think it's pathetic that people act that way, no reason to train or fear a mob or KS someone, if you can't work things out like an adult, don't deal with the person, put them on ignore or try and get them banned. But don't do childish things like this.

guineapig
02-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I've seen lvl 60 mobs charmed on this server, that doesn't seem fair when you can take that mob and go kill your lvl mobs for exp.

There are no level 60 mobs to charm on this server.... Even if there were, the charm spells/songs don't even go that high.

There's always the option of logging off when you have to go AFK for long periods of time, unless I'm in a city that's what I and most people do.

I'm not condoning getting somebody to loose 15 levels in such a fashion but he must have at least contimplated that as a possibility when he was doing what he was, no?

What other reason would AFK levelers go to such remote areas if not due to the risk of getting caught in the act or getting killed? Now his choice of bind spots... well that was just lazy or dumb.

Scrooge
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Jeez. Charming classes are all jerks.

Don't say that! But I do agree that this "mob parking" thing is getting way outta hand, too many wannabes exploiting it now...I really hope this is something that can be fixed, it has to be a bug. Also, guineapig is right, the absolute charm lvl cap right now is 51; it's impossible to charm anything higher than that with the spells as they are now.

Shads
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
So we were in ass/sup last night and all of a sudden we have a level 49 bok standing at the door, not moving, just standing off to the side. We killed it but not before it killed our paladin. Guess what we got from it? 2 Summoned: Daggers... Mob parking FTL!!!

guineapig
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
So we were in ass/sup last night and all of a sudden we have a level 49 bok standing at the door, not moving, just standing off to the side. We killed it but not before it killed our paladin. Guess what we got from it? 2 Summoned: Daggers... Mob parking FTL!!!

So whoever it was was in cahoots with a Mage!!!
Well you know it wasn't me... I hate mages! :p

Danth
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
boks shouldn't go to level 49. That's guk knight/wizard territory.

They do, however, hit for too much, like most of the 40+ mobs in lower guk and elsewhere (low 40's dar ghouls being my typical example, as their 129 max hits are higher than the classic Ghoul Lord). This former pet may also have had buffs such as haste, so it's no surprise it wrecked your tank.

As for too many people exploiting mob parking: Great! fifteen years of online gaming experience has taught me that the fastest way of seeing some untended or broken mechanic fixed is for as many people as possible to exploit it.

Danth

nalkin
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
is this 'having to go afk for a while' equivalent to 'having a wife that plays eq'?

Am I the only one that logs off when they are done playing? Why do you people stay logged in unless it is to afk level?

Shads
02-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I have afk'd in relatively safe places to regen life/mana before logging out. I have also forgot that I was still logged in and left my poor wizzy sitting outside of guk with a low frog beating on him for what must have been an hour before i got back to the comp. I didn't die but very easily could have lol.

Hasbinbad
02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
As for too many people exploiting mob parking: Great! fifteen years of online gaming experience has taught me that the fastest way of seeing some untended or broken mechanic fixed is for as many people as possible to exploit it.
Even smelly oysters sometimes hide pearls!

Akpainter
02-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Yah as I finish the night I will sit to heal/med and then sometimes forget to come back and log off the game.

As far as AFK leveling, owell (I dont have a mage), exp is slow /report them and let the GM's handle it. Pretty bad to train someone and drop all the exp down the toilet.

strides
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
hey if you want to AFK lvl or even just AFK to heal do it at your own risk. If you get trained and die repeatedly well thats a bummer but its only your fault. I had this happen to my in Rath MTs died 5 times I was bummed but it was only my fault now when I camp i ensure that I actually camp out completly.

Boomlaor
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Look me up in game man, I'll give you some reses.

Durkon

Shads
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
hey if you want to AFK lvl or even just AFK to heal do it at your own risk. If you get trained and die repeatedly well thats a bummer but its only your fault. I had this happen to my in Rath MTs died 5 times I was bummed but it was only my fault now when I camp i ensure that I actually camp out completly.

I don't think you get the point. Yes it is his fault for afk leveling/afking for so long what ever the case may be. That's not the point. The point is someone was a big enough douche bag to train him and cause him to loose 15 levels.

Pikle
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Back on the Charming, I was told the mob was 60, so they must of been wrong obviously. (Of course I trust this person quite a bit and they are rarely wrong. When I get my enc to 50 I will test it.) Now it did hit for insane amounts.

I agree you shouldn't afk for long periods of time, but EQ allowed it forever. They could have easily implemented a server kickoff if the char was unactive for an hour or so. This, just like any game people will do what they can do if they can do it. So you can complain about people afking for whatever reason but it's going to happen because it's not against any rule what so ever. And I agree, if you afk it's at your own risk. I've seen people AFK at the Evil Eye spawn in lguk for HOURS upon end waiting to get the spawn, people do it all the time. Hell people do it while killing the evil eye spawn, which they stay bound at, just come back every 28 mins to kill or check loot cause the pet killed it.

So moral of the story, if someone dies a lot, leave them alone and don't be negative. If you aren't going to help them at all, just don't worry about it, how does it change your gaming experience at all? People complain about things in /ooc all the time. So people like Lucia (just giving you as an example) instead of commenting how dumb and how poorly he handled it. Well everyone who was negative handled it poorly. You don't have to comment on everything in /ooc. I see people ask questions that constantly never get answered when 300+ people are on. Haha, now sometimes they are repetitive questions we have either answered a ton or are obviously posted on the website/forums. But let's just try and have fun and help each other out, even if they did something stupid. If you don't agree with them or believe them, then just stay out of it. At least that's my opinion, which obviously doesn't matter :)

The Situation
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Something needs to be said to several people here:

*lose

Pikle
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
haha woot yeah! we all lose!

Scrooge
02-02-2010, 07:23 PM
You got some very good points there Pikle. How goes your leveling these days?

Pikle
02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
pretty good, lvling my enc, he's 32 now! But lets not get too off topic, hey scrooge :)

Sponge
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Sounds like we're better off with this mage gone anyways, so, good riddance.

Loanarn
02-03-2010, 07:12 AM
This is what the aftermath looked like.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9782/eq000012.jpg

Jify
02-03-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL! Time to dig some holes and plant some gnome trees!

Finawin
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
So a little birdie informed me that Gmge directly blames me for this, or did at first at least.

Cute, but no.

Humerox
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
At exactly what point did P1999 become so doggoned unfriendly?

That aside...AFK leveling is lame. I sympathize with the dude, but it is his own fault.

The Situation
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
...AFK leveling is lame. I sympathize with the dude, but it is his own fault.

This pretty much sums it up.

Gmge, can I have your gear?

Machail
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
That pic is now my desktop background.

The Situation
02-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Which corpse is your favorite? My favorite is the one down towards the bottom left that's turned opposite of all the rest of them.

He looks so peaceful. Almost like he's sleeping.

nalkin
02-03-2010, 03:14 PM
This may be a silly question, but how did he get such a large spread area of corpses. If his bind spot was in a particular place wouldn't he spawn there and thus have stack of bodies in that one spot?

Witness
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
This may be a silly question, but how did he get such a large spread area of corpses. If his bind spot was in a particular place wouldn't he spawn there and thus have stack of bodies in that one spot?

My guess is that he did it, so he could count out how many there were to begin begging for rezzes

nalkin
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
wow that must have taken a while. At least he only had to loot one.

Jify
02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
wow that must have taken a while. At least he only had to loot one.

lol.

maegi
02-02-2011, 06:28 AM
i know this thread is dead but WTF?? Whether you agree with AFK levelling or not, the people responsible for getting him killed that many times need to be banned so I hope they were. That's some fucked up shit. Since anyone else's level doesn't affect me, I don't care if they AFK levelled or not. I find it funny how PLing someone or paying to get PL'ed is perfectly fine. To me it's the same principal....you are not earning the levels or playing the content. Don't tell me it's cuz you have a 50 or several already so that makes it ok. What is ok would be to twink out your noob cuz your 50 can get the uber gear but then to level him up.... I don't know...I'm not against PLing either just citing it as an example, you're getting levels without really having to fight or earn them. How is this any different than AFK levelling? If Uthgaard catches you doing it, you might find yourself in another zone in a land far far away getting nuked, so yes AFK levellers are taking more risk than a PLed player did in some aspects.

Rhambuk
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Since anyone else's level doesn't affect me, I don't care if they AFK levelled or not. I find it funny how PLing someone or paying to get PL'ed is perfectly fine.

Thats the problem! Here this guy is taking the easy road when he should be paying some druid or monk to be leveling him, hes essentially ruining the PL market.

Asshole's trying to get around the system!

muddy27
02-02-2011, 10:11 AM
haha man this is some funny shit... teaches ytou this... dont afk for large amounts of time while your pc is on.... this is YOUR fault.

This, and dont afk in unsafe areas. You cant always govern the actions of players, so therefore you have to think smarter and not afk in unsafe areas (logging out to char select screen might help)

Messianic
02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
This, and dont afk in unsafe areas. You cant always govern the actions of players, so therefore you have to think smarter and not afk in unsafe areas (logging out to char select screen might help)

I had a roommate who NEVER logged out his WoW character. He was always just sitting in Orgrimmar until the game booted him to character select, and then he'd leave that up.

Irritated the crap out of me (because my three roommates and I had all our computers in the living room for gaming reasons).

Harrison
02-02-2011, 11:03 AM
i know this thread is dead but WTF?? Whether you agree with AFK levelling or not, the people responsible for getting him killed that many times need to be banned so I hope they were. That's some fucked up shit. Since anyone else's level doesn't affect me, I don't care if they AFK levelled or not. I find it funny how PLing someone or paying to get PL'ed is perfectly fine. To me it's the same principal....you are not earning the levels or playing the content. Don't tell me it's cuz you have a 50 or several already so that makes it ok. What is ok would be to twink out your noob cuz your 50 can get the uber gear but then to level him up.... I don't know...I'm not against PLing either just citing it as an example, you're getting levels without really having to fight or earn them. How is this any different than AFK levelling? If Uthgaard catches you doing it, you might find yourself in another zone in a land far far away getting nuked, so yes AFK levellers are taking more risk than a PLed player did in some aspects.

This was a long time ago. This is nothing like PLing. This is afk exploiting.

No one was punished but the exploiter, and rightfully so.

The rest of us have to work to level, why should someone be able to go to sleep at a spawnpoint and get the benefit while most people and classes cannot?

burkemi5
02-02-2011, 12:41 PM
looks like you need to find a more obscure leveling point. also, losing 15 levels is pretty funny. that'd probably take my paladin 3 weeks. sucks to be you! i don't see why you wouldn't just camp out.

Versus
02-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Learn grammar.

P.S. - hahahahahahahaha

Throb
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
THIS IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE, WHEN DOVES CRY

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, HEEEEEEEEEEEEeEE, DOOOOOOO WAYYYYY OOOOOOOOOO WOAHHHHHHHHHHH

leezard
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
i know this thread is dead but WTF??

2 8+ month necro's in 2 days..

Is there not enough current drama for you?

Or is your troll skill not up to level.

Randy
02-02-2011, 04:43 PM
He'll be back in a week.

Darkforge
02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Im sorry to hear this has happened to you, but the thing is when you go AFK for long periods of time you run the risk of getting killed. Even in a low end zone, i know this prob wont happen or never has but even a mob hitting you for 5s and 10s can kill a 50 that is afk for more than a few hours.

(helpfull hint) /camp desktop
/camp

:D just saying

Harrison
02-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Im sorry to hear this has happened to you, but the thing is when you go AFK for long periods of time you run the risk of getting killed. Even in a low end zone, i know this prob wont happen or never has but even a mob hitting you for 5s and 10s can kill a 50 that is afk for more than a few hours.

(helpfull hint) /camp desktop
/camp

:D just saying

He wasn't just afk by accident.

He was AFK while letting his pet sit on top of a spawn point killing the same spawn over and over as it spawned.

This was a long time ago where you got FULL experience for this. Someone went vigilante on his ass and lulz ensued. (extra LOL for him blaming me)

He's still playing, though under a different character. He's aware it wasn't me, now.

muddy27
02-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Well hopefully a valuable lesson was learned im sure as painful of one as it might be. I remember playing a certain FFA Loot PVP game and a guy was afk and was lead either by spell or some other means out to the ocean and killed by one of the main bosses a giant tentacle like creature. Everyone got a laugh and looted his corpse. Didnt happen to me and I didnt do that to the player but just saying stuff like that happens.

muddy27
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I had a roommate who NEVER logged out his WoW character. He was always just sitting in Orgrimmar until the game booted him to character select, and then he'd leave that up.

Irritated the crap out of me (because my three roommates and I had all our computers in the living room for gaming reasons).

Wouldnt matter in wow because its easy mode and dying means nothing, he would just ghost and find out he died when he got back on and clicked a button.

Darkforge
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
He wasn't just afk by accident.

He was AFK while letting his pet sit on top of a spawn point killing the same spawn over and over as it spawned.

This was a long time ago where you got FULL experience for this. Someone went vigilante on his ass and lulz ensued. (extra LOL for him blaming me)

He's still playing, though under a different character. He's aware it wasn't me, now.

Either way, i guess the moral of the story is AFK is bad lol and if he was doing thea AFK kill a mob....i guess he will think twice

Knuckle
02-03-2011, 12:02 AM
well goodbye eq classic sense some asshole thought it would be funny 2 charm gate a mob kos 2 me on my bind point while i took my gf 2 work and killed me over 70 times im out so have a good one be safe and who ever did this burn in hell thx

lol pwned

Sponge
02-03-2011, 04:26 AM
If I was AFK leveling like him I'd write a script to parse the chat log file in realtime, and have it close the eqgame process if I died just once. Then send a text message to my phone.

Azimon
02-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Just lock this thread please. No longer relevant to anything. Afk levling is such ass experience that i wouldnt figure anyone who'd risk doing it anymore.

Messianic
02-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Just lock this thread please.

Pointless

Safon
02-06-2013, 04:16 AM
You are missed gmge!

Yinaltin
02-06-2013, 06:32 AM
lol you necro

Duckforceone
02-06-2013, 08:41 AM
holy necro batman...

Galvatar
02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
hahaha burn in hell afker leveler

rahmani
02-06-2013, 09:27 AM
It's hard to decipher OP's code talking.

Glorindale
02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Can I have your stu- wait, it's all over OOT...nevermind.

In all seriousness, I still stand by the fact that it's your fault for going AFK for hours in an unsafe zone. Whoever trained you was still wrong, but you made a really big mistake regardless...lesson learned, I guess.

this