PDA

View Full Version : Druid "Invisible" animal faction

Rasah
01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I have a question regarding animals relative to druids. Some animals will con amiable to druids, and some con threatening.

I noticed that can change without giving any faction warnings. For example, I was amiable to gorge hounds in EK. I killed them when I was level 15-18, and now I am threatening. Never once got a faction message.

Does the same thing happen if you were to kill bears?

Also, is it possible to work up the faction on the gorge hounds back to at least apprehensive?

Surprisingly, I was unable to find answers out on the web for this.

Ihealyou
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Join PETA?

I remember some animals attacking druids, but for the ones that don't I was under the impression that it doesn't matter how many of them you kill. Maybe the gorge hounds got changed to be KOS to druids in a patch? I killed them for several hours with a druid a couple of months back, and I don't think she was ever KOS to them.

guineapig
01-13-2011, 12:19 PM
There was a patch in which certain animal factions in certain zones were nerfed for druids.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16165

Droodler
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I always thought this was a modifier based on deity being Karana, not a changeable faction.

Orov
01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I think Tunare has more animal love than Karana. If you mess up that faction I was always told it was unfixable.

Taco
01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I think Tunare has more animal love than Karana. If you mess up that faction I was always told it was unfixable.

Tunare was definitely more about animals, we had to slaughter them in droves in Plane of Growth. IIRC, there are 3 factions relating to Tunare, and 1 of them was completely unchangeable while the other 2 were a pain in the ass to raise from KOS.

Mardur
01-14-2011, 08:17 PM
It's a class thing, not based on deity/race.

Your animal faction shouldn't change regardless of how many animals you slaughter. If you don't get a message, your faction shouldn't decline.

I think gorge hounds used to be non-kos but were changed in a patch. Might be wrong on that one.

xshayla701
01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Join PETA?

I remember some animals attacking druids, but for the ones that don't I was under the impression that it doesn't matter how many of them you kill. Maybe the gorge hounds got changed to be KOS to druids in a patch? I killed them for several hours with a druid a couple of months back, and I don't think she was ever KOS to them.

I don't remember being amiable..I think I was KOS to gorge hounds. I remember sitting and getting attacked by them and had to wait for your Obs Shard to proc :P But I'm in WK right now and I'm not KOS to the "mist wolf" so I don't really know what the difference is.