PDA

View Full Version : Ragebringer does not reduce backstab cooldown.

l2kgaming
09-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Still seems a number of Rogues out there are clueless to this. So just clarifying it for everyone.
Ragebringer backstab cooldown is 10 seconds
Ragebringer + Cloak of Flames backstab cooldown is 7 seconds

Huge DPS increase for serious rogues. unlock 4 sec backstabs with chanter haste for 3x backstabs for the 12 second duration of Duelist ( double dmg )

So buy my CoF now for 75k standard price and proceed to victory!

Also Looking to buy a Horn of Hsagra.

Vibe
09-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Ragebringer been broke I think

Cecily
09-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Huge DPS increase for serious rogues. unlock 4 sec backstabs with chanter haste

So a 100% timer reduction on a 10 second cooldown is 4 seconds. Got it.

azeth
09-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Get a sky belt

lland
09-27-2016, 07:14 AM
I use Renard's belt of Quickness, nonetheless this should be fixed.

Swish
09-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Good post but disliked the ads

Bummey
09-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Get a sky belt

The sky belt is beyond the reach of most players, as is the cloak of flames for that matter. Most have to content themselves with 21% haste items, which holds them back from even their base level of potential dps.

mattydef
09-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Get a sky belt

Sky belt doesn't reduce the cooldown on backstab since its haste overwrites the Ragebringer and the epic haste itself doesn't effect the BS cooldown.

azeth
09-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Sky belt doesn't reduce the cooldown on backstab since its haste overwrites the Ragebringer and the epic haste itself doesn't effect the BS cooldown.

that makes no sense, and you're incorrect. even by your own statement, you're making my point.

Also, no. The 41% sky belts are not out of the reach of any player, that's a casual player item. the idea that its stated that CoF or sky belt is unattainable is laughable actually. So define attainable? You start a character and a log in with a CoF, is that attainable enough for you?

God forbid you get to level 50, join a casual guild, and kill 1 of 5 CoF dropping mobs in the game.

l2kgaming
09-27-2016, 11:57 AM

Sky belt does reduce the cooldown on backstab and does override the haste on Ragebringer.

please bear in mind, Ragebringer 40% haste only applies haste to auto attacks but not backstab.

Sky belt 41% haste will override the 40% haste on auto attacks and also add haste backstab cooldown.

I have one, which is why I was selling CoF at a reasonable price.

mattydef
09-27-2016, 11:57 AM
that makes no sense, and you're incorrect. even by your own statement, you're making my point.

Also, no. The 41% sky belts are not out of the reach of any player, that's a casual player item.

I could break it down more to try and make you understand, but I'm pretty sure no matter how much details i provide you still wouldn't get it.

azeth
09-27-2016, 11:58 AM
I could break it down more to try and make you understand, but I'm pretty sure no matter how much details i provide you still wouldn't get it.

No you really should attempt to break it down. Please go on..

I'm also pretty sure it's hilarious someone is about to tell me how to rogue.

mattydef
09-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Sky belt does reduce the cooldown on backstab and does override the haste on Ragebringer.

please bear in mind, Ragebringer 40% haste only applies haste to auto attacks but not backstab.

Sky belt 41% haste will override the 40% haste on auto attacks and also add haste backstab cooldown.

I have one, which is why I was selling CoF at a reasonable price.

I was told differently, but if you're saying it does, and you've timed it, I'll take your word for it.

l2kgaming
09-27-2016, 12:06 PM
No you really should attempt to break it down. Please go on..

I'm also pretty sure it's hilarious someone is about to tell me how to rogue.

Azeth I didnt make this post to troll anyone, and no one is telling you how you should rogue. I am just offering Information and If you dont believe it is true then dont. I love my rogue, unlike monks. All we have to show for is our dps, increasing rogues dps is all that matters to me.

The best way to find out is use this info and test it for yourself.

You will notice if you dont have a secondary haste item. Why on earth is that other rogue parsing so high on dps compared to me when we both have a Ragebringer and similar weps. It is because he is getting more backstabs in.

azeth
09-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Azeth I didnt make this post to troll anyone, and no one is telling you how you should rogue. I am just offering Information and If you dont believe it is true then dont.

I didnt quote you! I quoted mattydef

Swish
09-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Someone just parse it and post the proof, amirite? :p

Bummey
09-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Also, no. The 41% sky belts are not out of the reach of any player, that's a casual player item. the idea that its stated that CoF or sky belt is unattainable is laughable actually. So define attainable? You start a character and a log in with a CoF, is that attainable enough for you?

God forbid you get to level 50, join a casual guild, and kill 1 of 5 CoF dropping mobs in the game.

You are laughably out of touch with the casual player base.

xKoopa
09-27-2016, 12:45 PM
How is sky not casual? You can schedule raids there (rotation) and you only need like 20-30 bodies to do it

l2kgaming
09-27-2016, 12:49 PM
I didnt quote you! I quoted mattydef

I will now go bang my head on a brick wall.

l2kgaming
09-27-2016, 01:25 PM
[Fri Sep 23 12:21:55 2016] You try to backstab froglok krup shaman, but miss!
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:00 2016] You backstab froglok krup shaman for 120 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:00 2016] You try to backstab froglok krup shaman, but miss!
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:05 2016] You backstab froglok krup shaman for 485 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:05 2016] You backstab froglok krup shaman for 356 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:11 2016] You backstab froglok krup shaman for 378 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:16 2016] You try to backstab froglok krup shaman, but miss!
[Fri Sep 23 12:22:16 2016] You backstab froglok krup shaman for 120 points of damage.

So its like 5 sec backstabs. with 41% haste belt and chanter haste. most of the time VOG 58% haste.

remember when you activate duelist you will backstab at the start 0 secs in. So you will have 12 secs to land another 2 backstabs to make 3 backstabs in the 12 sec duration that you have.

non rogues will think we are crazy going though details over dps, but being a rogue, it is all that matters.

Tethler
09-27-2016, 04:59 PM

He probably got a small loan of a million plat from his father and had a CoF from birth.

Ele
09-27-2016, 05:05 PM

We should add CoF to Orc Pawn loot tables.

Natoria
09-29-2016, 02:28 AM
Well the bottleneck for me is the Mottled Spiroc Feather atm. I am searching for 1 for bout 4-5 Month now.

WTB Mottled Spiroc Feather. ;)

paulgiamatti
09-29-2016, 03:04 PM
CoF + Lodi Belt > Sky Belt

Erati
09-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Cloak of Confusion best cloak w Sky belt

Ele
09-29-2016, 03:05 PM
CoF + Lodi Belt > Sky Belt

pfft, just go with Yelinak Gaunts and Dain Belt.

paulgiamatti
09-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Nah I'd stick with CoF + Lodi over CoC & Sky. Until the cooldown thing is fixed I mean.

Edit - oh you're just saying with Sky belt that's the best cloak, derp

thufir
09-29-2016, 07:32 PM
The 41% sky belts are not out of the reach of any player, that's a casual player item. the idea that its stated that CoF or sky belt is unattainable is laughable actually. So define attainable? You start a character and a log in with a CoF, is that attainable enough for you?

+1 bummey

casual player items are things you can purchase with plat, or maybe acquire in hate/fear

if you need to go to a sky island that's 5 or higher you ain't casual no mo', sorry. doubly laughable because renard's belt of quickness requires trips to 5/6/7

but this tracks well with most high end raiders having no clue what everyone else is doing

Pokesan
09-29-2016, 07:51 PM
+1 bummey

casual player items are things you can purchase with plat, or maybe acquire in hate/fear

if you need to go to a sky island that's 5 or higher you ain't casual no mo', sorry. doubly laughable because renard's belt of quickness requires trips to 5/6/7

but this tracks well with most high end raiders having no clue what everyone else is doing

lest we forget:

Who in the FUCK do you think you are to even have an opinion on p99s raid scene? Really?

bktroost
09-29-2016, 11:23 PM

uhh so, you are wrong and Azeth has some serious credit as a rogue on this server... sooo.

I mean there are a couple of serious rogues and his name is up there.

That being said, you are incorrect.

Pokesan
09-30-2016, 12:10 AM
uhh so, you are wrong and Azeth has some serious credit as a rogue on this server... sooo.

That being said, you are incorrect.

didn't he wreck his marriage by playing eq too much?

im serious

skarlorn
09-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Azeth has some serious credit as a rogue on this server...

That's cold as ice bktroost. Honestly, one of the harshest things I've ever seen anyone post on p99 blue forums.

Azeth, are you really gonna stand for this straight up bullying?

Bummey
09-30-2016, 01:10 PM
+1 bummey

even then, I wouldn't consider anything costing more than ~20k a "casual" item. Lodizal belt and Cloak of Flames are 100k and 80k respectively, which is well beyond casual.

paulgiamatti
09-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Depends on how you define "casual" I suppose. CoF & Lodi belt are definitely not casual. If you're in a casual raiding guild that does Sky regularly and competently then Renard's Belt is a piece of cake for a casual - you'd just have to attend the Sky raids. Can take awhile to get the Mottled Spiroc Feather but it's not too hard.

azeth
09-30-2016, 02:07 PM
lol what? wreck my marriage?

now THAT is lively drama.

but, no of course not :P