PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You/Farewell to DaP

Aalderon Crystafire
09-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Dearest Druids of <Dial a Port>

I would like to formally express my gratitude to those of you who sold and supplied me with foraged fruits throughout last month.

Having successfully baked 15,000 FRESH muffins - with help from my friend Tadhg of the Cracked Staff Artisans! - the Ogre Merchants of Oggok are finally satiated and their love and adoration for me is now boundless.

My thanks as well to the Supreme Druid and Afeni for allowing me to join as this made for much easier dealings with the membership. As my little DaP stint comes to an end I must say a word before bidding farewell. I have long enjoyed and appreciated the excellent service provided by your guild but getting a look from the inside revealed a real community of fine folks - and your guild event was much fun, as well. Bravo, Supreme Druid and Afeni - you're doing great!

As a parting gift, I present you with another fine work by Sorn... a look at what went into appeasing Innkeep Morpa and her guild of corpulent merchants.

"Muffin Sweatshop"
by Sorn

http://i.imgur.com/SjQdNNB.jpg

(( Full Sized Version Here -- http://i.imgur.com/in8GSUh.jpg for you to enjoy the great amount of detail ))

kuuky
09-26-2016, 11:55 PM
It was a pleasure having you in our guild Aalderon. Happy trails to you.

Tupakk
09-27-2016, 01:47 AM
It was great having you. If you ever need anything we are always around. Safe Travels.

elwing
09-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Grats! and great picture, lol

Sorn
09-27-2016, 01:03 PM
This was basically my inventory for about two weeks:

It was an epic amount of muffins and I'm glad Aalderon leveled up his baking so it wasn't just me at it. We also murdered basilisks for days to get their eggs. Making 750 stacks of muffins requires I think 50 stacks of basilisk eggs/flour/milk and 250 stacks of fruit. We had to do it in batches because of the lack of inventory space.

In conclusion, I hate muffins and would not do it again. :D

Lhancelot
09-27-2016, 01:42 PM
This was basically my inventory for about two weeks:

It was an epic amount of muffins and I'm glad Aalderon leveled up his baking so it wasn't just me at it. We also murdered basilisks for days to get their eggs. Making 750 stacks of muffins requires I think 50 stacks of basilisk eggs/flour/milk and 250 stacks of fruit. We had to do it in batches because of the lack of inventory space.

In conclusion, I hate muffins and would not do it again. :D

lol I bet. The picture is exquisite Sorn. Just wondering, is that woodelf wearing anything under that cooking apron? :eek:

Alanus
09-27-2016, 02:12 PM
What quest did you do to raise the faction?

Aalderon Crystafire
09-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Just wondering, is that woodelf wearing anything under that cooking apron? :eek:

That wood elf is Tadhg! ....curious... are you? :p

What quest did you do to raise the faction?

Fresh Baked Muffins for Innkeep Morpa in Feerrott.

Gumbo
09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
I guess the question is why in the blue hell did you bake 15,000 muffins?

Joyelle
09-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Is that iksar eating rocks?

Sorn
09-27-2016, 04:40 PM
I guess the question is why in the blue hell did you bake 15,000 muffins?

Aalderon asked me to help because he wants to be max ally (or as high as he can get) with every maxable faction in Norrath, and that involved baking and turning in 15,000 muffins at one point. (Fresh Baked Muffins (http://wiki.project1999.com/Fresh_Baked_Muffins)) The faction hits are different (always positive) depending on which innkeep you give the muffins.

Is that iksar eating rocks?

Basilisk eggs! Patterned after Gila monster eggs (http://www.wildhorizons.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/Part%201_GilaMonsters/images/TAW-1076_Gila-monster-eggs.tif.jpg).

Beckoning
09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Impressive! Who grabbed who's butt?

skarlorn
09-27-2016, 07:20 PM
RATED 5 STARS

THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Swish
09-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Mate....50 stacks of basilisk eggs....

ZiggyTheMuss
09-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Impressive! Who grabbed who's butt?

Anyone else notice the flour handprint on the elf's ass?

/unzip

Aesop
09-27-2016, 10:08 PM
definitely one of the more homoerotic pictures I have seen in a while. I like the froglike look on the iksars face.

Aalderon Crystafire
09-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Who grabbed who's butt?

Moments earlier, I had just hit the three-quarter milestone of 10,000 muffins. I was doing a playful celebratory dance with my hands on my sides and much hip swaying. Tadhg, unamused, poutingly reminded that we still had another 5,000 muffins to bake...my response was what you see illustrated here.

definitely one of the more homoerotic pictures I have seen in a while.

....interesting.

I like the froglike look on the iksars face.

Me too. Gladoree is quite cute... though I cannot go as far as to say adorable since she has committed some of the most gruesome, brutally violent kills this half elf as ever seen. Nevertheless I appreciate her contribution.

...and we made her replace that egg -- there was 45 muffins worth of dough in there!

Pokesan
09-28-2016, 12:58 AM
why not just buy the muffins?

Sorn
09-28-2016, 01:11 AM
why not just buy the muffins?

Vendor-bought muffins don't work. The story is that the plague in the Karanas has led to a bread and muffin shortage in Antonica, so they seek crafty adventurers willing to help stock the baked goods section of Antonican inns with fresh products. They won't be fooled by you buying muffins from them and turning those in like you baked them!

Pokesan
09-28-2016, 01:15 AM
okay what's the quest givers name because that's dumb and he/she is getting an asskicking real soon

Sodors Finest Poster
09-28-2016, 08:28 AM
If I logged off EQ Live in 2001 with a stack of fresh fish will the fish still be 'fresh' if I re-sub to EQ and log back in today?

http://imgur.com/x5oPkUU.jpg

Gumbo
09-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Aalderon asked me to help because he wants to be max ally (or as high as he can get) with every maxable faction in Norrath, and that involved baking and turning in 15,000 muffins at one point. (Fresh Baked Muffins (http://wiki.project1999.com/Fresh_Baked_Muffins)) The faction hits are different (always positive) depending on which innkeep you give the muffins.

So basically Karn Tassen used you guys to keep his business going... You two made him millions of platinum so he could retire after he sells off his muffin company. :D

Aalderon Crystafire
09-30-2016, 05:21 PM
So basically Karn Tassen used you guys to keep his business going... You two made him millions of platinum so he could retire after he sells off his muffin company. :D

No, not at all. These muffins were for the Merchants of Oggok and were baked somewhere in Freeport... we probably would've been violating too many health codes were these being made for resale.

Metalopolis
09-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Aalderon the LEGEND !

Gumbo
09-30-2016, 07:04 PM
No, not at all. These muffins were for the Merchants of Oggok and were baked somewhere in Freeport... we probably would've been violating too many health codes were these being made for resale.

So you admit to baking the muffins elsewhere and bringing them into another zone...

Just think of all those bakers in Oggok who would have loved to be employed for that muffin order.

Remeygi
10-01-2016, 12:03 AM
First of all: congratulations to Aalderon on maxing another faction!
And congratulations to the team for the endurance and patience that lead to that success.

But then: we finally discover the reason, why ogers are fat!!!

ZiggyTheMuss
10-01-2016, 12:46 AM
More Sorn art pls!

Sorn
10-01-2016, 10:45 AM
More Sorn art pls!

Only if you keep your pants on.

ZiggyTheMuss
10-01-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm not making any promises!