PDA

View Full Version : Solo Pally Project: Old World

Trelaboon
09-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Alright, so I'm going to be moving out of the country for a while and during those times I'll be playing at completely different times than my current guild and all my friends. I'll also be playing during the servers least popular play times and so I decided I'd like to try and do a fun little project.

I have a new Pally twink (Level 30 currently) that I'm going to attempt to level exclusively old world. I'm allowing myself to enter Kunark/Velious only for questing purposes (Thurgadin/SS armor/Epic etc.) but anything I do in either of those continents will be for the purpose of gearing only and if I'm forced to camp something (Sword of Blessings for instance) I intend to do it outside of any groups where I might earn exp.

Basically, I'm only going to level inside of zones that were released pre-Kunark. I am not exclusively against grouping, but because of my play times, and the fact that I plan to level exclusively in the old world, I suspect there will be a lot of instances that I'm forced to solo. So while this isn't exclusively a solo Pally, it's definitely going to be leveled at least 70% of the time without a group.

I have a solid plan for exp gains at least all the way to 51, but beyond that, I'm struggling a bit with ideas for places to solo as a Pally in my 50s (especially 55+). I'm attaching a Magelo profile with all of the gear that I currently own and will at minimum have to exp with (by then the weapon may have changed, but any changes will be an upgrade)

Can't wait to hear some ideas, as I know there are Paladins out there who have solo'd their way to 60. Thanks in advance for the tips!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Solopally

Shift
09-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Sounds interesting good like i got a 59 paladin human and 46 half elf paladin, they are a decent tank, gotta love that snap agro with flash of light, and the last resort LoH, , root, heal rinse and repeat

Good luck sincerely from a fellow ancient paladin,

KiShift

Urriel

Shift
09-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Sounds interesting good like i got a 59 paladin human and 46 half elf paladin, they are a decent tank, gotta love that snap agro with flash of light, and the last resort LoH, , root, heal rinse and repeat

Good luck sincerely from a fellow ancient paladin,

KiShift

Urriel

oh make sure you get deepwater helm clickie solo helmet healing with Darling hp buff,

it starts to work at 45,

get Sword of the morning, yak, ghoulbane, soulfire, sword of blessing like you posted with only drop from lower puppies in Velks lab,

when you are around 45+ go solo hill giants in rathe mountains not bad plat, and good solo xp, once you get 50+ solo some seafuries on seafury island in Ocean of Tears.

for 32+ solo Unrest Fireplace,Basement,Hag Tower

Mistmoore Tower has a good ammount of undeads that you're undead nuke spells and ghoulbane will take care of ,, work up your skills on Lull,Soothe and Pacify.

Shodo
09-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Lguk is great for 51+. At 57 I still get decent dark blue xp solo at AM camp and the hallway toward ghoul lord. It isn't super fast by any means, but 4ish % per hour isn't bad for pally solo and I get lots of downtime between spawns (generally about 10 minutes of killing 4-5 mobs depending on DB pops followed by 18 minutes of sitting). With the gear you linked you could definitely milk a little more on each cycle if you kill all the way through the 28 minute spawn timer, though you would likely get down to light blue mobs fairly quickly.

I've also had some luck in Sol B at bugs & bats, some are still dark blue (would probably be ideal for 51-54). LDC's are a bit too tough to be worth it but they can still be done, would just be slower than Lguk at that point.

Cyndreela at the fear portal is another decent camp. She's blue until 54 or 55 and should be easy enough to solo from about 49 on. Again, not the fastest exp but it's steady and easy, with the occasional gem/ruby crown drop. Initial kill can be rough since she'll have buffs and a pet, but as long as you grab her before she buffs herself on repops it's a chill camp.

Jaleth
09-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Cyndreela at the fear portal is another decent camp. She's blue until 54 or 55 and should be easy enough to solo from about 49 on. Again, not the fastest exp but it's steady and easy, with the occasional gem/ruby crown drop. Initial kill can be rough since she'll have buffs and a pet, but as long as you grab her before she buffs herself on repops it's a chill camp.

Yeah I camped Cyndreela back on live as a pally for levels 53 to 55. It was tougher to take her down when she was buffed with her pet up. I believe I just cast Spook the Dead on it then slowly dropped her. Her repops were dealt with easily, just making sure I had plenty of stuns up for her casting spells, especially fear. I heard horror stories of her fearing players into the Fear portal.

skarlorn
09-29-2016, 06:10 PM
So this thread is really saying...

OP Has a twinked level 30 pally and will have odd play hours so he's expecting a lot of soloing, but by no means is he ONLY going to solo for xp, and as he's a twink he's obviously using non old-world gear... so give him advice on where to level just in case he really has to solo?

i had high hopes here OP. "level 1 erudite paladin only using what i earn and never leaving old world" would have gotten 5 stars

Raev
09-29-2016, 06:36 PM
I thought this was going to be a Solo Artist Challenge type post, where a Paladin was going to try to solo the Crypt or something. I'm not quite sure what advice the OP thinks he needs from us when he has a fungi, cloak of flames, and high ratio weapon. With that much gear I don't think even Sebilis would be too difficult at 58+. Buy your gear and go pwn my son.

P.S. I really wanna see Opmeter try to tank some legitimate stuff. Checked his magelo to maybe troll the OP with and his stats are even better than my Warrior now.

Sage Truthbearer
09-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Let me get this right, you are asking for advice on how to solo weak, low HPs mobs from classic era using 41% haste, Fungi, and Velious-era quest armor?

I don't think you will have any problem. Your method will trivialize most of the content and be an extremely boring experience.

Ravager
09-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Dark Elf Guards and Clerics in Neriak are good exp and loot to 55ish I think, just stun the clerics when they CH and they die easy.

Trelaboon
09-29-2016, 08:40 PM

OP Has a twinked level 30 pally and will have odd play hours so he's expecting a lot of soloing, but by no means is he ONLY going to solo for xp, and as he's a twink he's obviously using non old-world gear... so give him advice on where to level just in case he really has to solo?

i had high hopes here OP. "level 1 erudite paladin only using what i earn and never leaving old world" would have gotten 5 stars

I'm sorry to disappoint. I don't actually need advice on *how* to solo, but where to solo. I need mobs that are decent exp old world and soloable for a Pally

nostalgiaquest
09-29-2016, 09:16 PM
You may find grouping easier than you think at that hour actually. I'm always playing low pop times and tanks are always hard to come by. Especially 35-50+. We had a full, well balanced group last night in KC that broke up because we couldn't find a replacement tank. There were literally two tanks online that were between 47-55, and one of them was in our group.

Been a pretty consistent problem since mistmoore.

Dacien
09-29-2016, 11:10 PM
As someone who leveled mostly solo pally in old world, Sol A and Mistmoore were my bread and butter. I solo'd pretty much up to 48, with a sprinkling of grouping.

Sol A has tons of spots, too many to name.

There's a spot in Mistmoore near Avenging Caitiff, a hallway just before gargoyles, where I spent so much time. Trains go through there, so have to be wary. After that, Coffin Room hallway pulling more gargoyles. Then Dhampyre room for the cloak.

Mistmoore is a lot of fun to solo as a Pally.

Alanus
09-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Lower Guk is a fantastic solo spot for pallys all the way to 58/59. Arch Mage camp and the hall way near there (towards Lord) is full of undead that doesn't hit all that hard.

Using stuns, you can solo casters pretty well. On live, I soloed curates and callers in Karnors at the zone in pretty easily. That was with bad-by-P99-standards gear, too (i.e. Ro Armor and Mithril 2her).

With your gear, you should be able to solo pretty well. I would stick to Guk until 57-58 and then do KC.

Before 49, there's lots of good spots. Guk could honestly take you from 35 to 58.

Gamkek
09-30-2016, 02:24 PM

This is pretty much my main right now. Yordanen Stonewisp, level 28 Erudite Paladin! Currently leveling solo in Najena, and questing for a Ghoulbane rather than camping it. Got the scroll and the hilt, just need the blade and a ghoul's heart. I had to kill a lot of goblins in Highkeep to finally get the scroll, but the hilt came after only half a dozen skellie kills. I'll be heading to Faydwer when I log on tonight!

skarlorn
09-30-2016, 03:50 PM
This is pretty much my main right now. Yordanen Stonewisp, level 28 Erudite Paladin! Currently leveling solo in Najena, and questing for a Ghoulbane rather than camping it. Got the scroll and the hilt, just need the blade and a ghoul's heart. I had to kill a lot of goblins in Highkeep to finally get the scroll, but the hilt came after only half a dozen skellie kills. I'll be heading to Faydwer when I log on tonight!

You are a true hero of the Light