PDA

View Full Version : Lord Grimrot

jmorgan08
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
After hours of killing PH's every 6 minutes I never got live or dead.

One day I logged in, camp was full spawn and live version was up. Holy crap I thought I was lucky. Naked victory lap around the house, I win half of Aegis of Life.

So I spend another ~12ish hours camping him, killing every 6 minutes. Finally give the camp over to someone else and fall asleep. Woke up today (never logged out just AFK /hidden) and the dead version was up. Another naked victory lap around the house.

Is it possible that the killing every 6 minutes isn't the way to go? That somehow leaving it up will spawn the mob?

Or am I just lucky?

Good luck decoding this camp; hope this helps because I am done!

Droxx
01-14-2011, 01:04 PM
I remember him having a 3+ hour spawn time with PH.

Dr4z3r
01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Spawn Time
Posted: 2001-05-10 13:43:46 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Anonymous
Anonymous Score: Decent
Here is the deal to get both of the Grimrots to spawn:
First off, getting Grim instead of his PH is a 1 in 6 chance. When you see the PH, check the EQ time. If you kill the PH betweem 6am and 9am you will have a chance for the Undead Grimrot. If you kill the PH between 6pm and 9pm, you will have a chance at getting the Live Grimrot. If you kill the PH at any other time, you will automatically get the PH again! Once you have killed the PH, it will be another 3 and 1/2 hrs before the next spawn.
Good Luck!

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5190

I have done no fact-checking whatsoever, but this post sounds legit.

Nebichan
01-14-2011, 08:54 PM
According to what I've read/seen: There are two sorts of mobs that spawn at Grimrot's spawn point. One is a 6 minute putrid skelly. Another is a Putrid Skeleton wielding a RUSTY BASTARD SWORD that appears to be on the 3h+ timer. People I tell this don't seem to believe me, and keep pointing at the 6 minute "ph".

I have, however, not seen any Grimrot spawn yet. I've beat my head against the wall and haven't been at Grimrot at the last while <_< Please give Jera a tell if you see him up and don't need him :P

Fourthmeal
01-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Lord Grimrot Smokepot

Rejuvenation
01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
All of those are myths. He is a 6 min spawn, just very rare. Undead can spawn during the day, live can spawn at night. He's rare, stick it out.

Reemer
01-15-2011, 12:13 AM
i remember him being on a 17ish hour timer.

-Reemer

Reemer
01-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Go to South Karana. Not far from the end of the bridge is an undead camp. Lord Grimrot's placeholder is the only putrid skeleton that is standing. It always carries a cute little rusty bastard sword. Respawn is approximately 180-220 minutes.

Taken from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=454

-Reemer

Nebichan
01-15-2011, 12:57 AM
That info is bogus since all the mobs stand.

Zereh
01-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's my highly scientific method:

Aggro every freakin' skeleton in the camp and then cast two undead AE's. Loot bone chips (hand out to random necros who run by or save for bribing guildies). Repeat for hours. Rez all of the dead people who drag their corpses to you. Eventually one or the other Grimrot will show up. Kill him. Kill entire camp for several more hours and pray the other version show ups. Run to paw a couple times to rez there as well. Eventually he will show up. Kill him and rejoice.

Undead version showed up when he felt like it. Same with Live. There was no rhyme or reason to it. About the only thing I can recommend is to make sure you take your patience pill before you start. =)

Oh! and make sure you have the required faction in Qeynos so you don't have to do it twice. It's just as horrid the second time around ...

And yes, you can just kill the one putrid skeleton who spawns under the middle little hut thing because he is the PH ... but that's too boring. But that would work as well if you're not into annihilation of all things undead there.

^^ they did put a patch in a couple months ago to fix the faction issues so it's much more clear now if you have the required faction before you do the turn-in

Maurk
01-15-2011, 02:25 AM
You forgot the Grimrot dance!!

Zereh
01-15-2011, 02:52 AM
You forgot the Grimrot dance!!

I'm appalled! How could I have forgotten that?? :p Yes yes, the Grimrot dance is also very important ~

Aanelan
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Honestly all I did was camp him10 hours at a time until I got him. It took me 4 days and about roughly 40 hours to get the live by then I decided to take a break bound at the camp and ended up killing the undead version naked after I died at a fear raid..
It pretty much depends on how bad you want it. He's just super super rare and pretty much perma camped. Good luck!

AexDestroy
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Spent 33 hours at this camp before seeing undead or live.

Its not broken or mystical or something ridiculous... it just happens to suck the super dick.
So pack a sleeping bag and your bong, cuz this camp is going to test your patience.