PDA

View Full Version : Servers aren't showing up.

eisenfaust
10-05-2016, 01:39 AM
Sometimes they do, but 90% of the time its just a black screen at server select. Anyone else have this issue lately? Trying to deduce if my internet or their problem.

Swish
10-05-2016, 10:29 AM
This can be an issue with your connection, particularly if its wifi or if you/someone else is maxing the bandwidth streaming netflix, downloading stuff, etc.

Step 1, if you're able... plug an ethernet cable in, stop downloading stuff and see if it goes away. If it does, it's the wireless.

elwing
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM
well right now I'm using company VPN to type this message, my main computer booted me out of EQ, and I can't access to the project1999 website/forum, neither can I access eqemu website... the rest of the internet seems fine trough...

Swish
10-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Do you have a regular internet connection at home? I was trying to use a USB dongle with data loaded on it and that was causing me all kinds of weird problems (UK not US though).

elwing
10-05-2016, 10:42 AM
regular internet. can't access using RJ45 to my ADSL box... I also tried using my phone over the wifi and the same box, and I don't have access either. but using my work laptop on the same wifi connection but with an added VPN I can access the website... I haven't noticed any other issue beside eqemulator and p1999. I'm wondering if there's some kind of regional lock due to DDoS or something like that... or just something else broken

kgallowaypa
10-05-2016, 11:26 AM
I can vouch that this has happened to me as well recently in the last week. Living in South FL atm but after refreshing it does eventually come back up.

bktroost
10-05-2016, 11:28 AM
It is an internet connection problem but to the OPs point, there has been a big increase in these reports lately. There is something clientside that has made it less stable.