PDA

View Full Version : Mid to low 50's trio group

Lord_Snow
10-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Hey guys a couple friends and I decided to start playing again and we're wondering what some good camps were for low 50's. We are an enc necro sk trio

nyclin
10-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Howling Stones or KC basement would be great for that group. Both spots have tons of undead for the Necro to charm.

Spyder73
10-06-2016, 02:46 PM
For convenience sake I would just trio KC basement with that group - maybe add a cleric.

Honestly HS basement is a bit of a pain due to the harm touches and the SK would be useless there. Or rather the necro and enchanter would be more efficient in a duo rather than a trio at that point since the SK would be doing very little/nothing

Shodo
10-06-2016, 02:57 PM
The two spots mentioned above would both be great options. CoM 2nd/3rd floor would also be good if open.

Baler
10-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Howling Stones

I'd like to point out that getting a dungeon keys helps build teamwork for a common goal. HS is a great place to get some exp and a couple items. (check faction hits before going there)

North camp is easy even in a duo of half to more so experienced players.

Loke
10-06-2016, 03:07 PM
As others have said, the SK is kind of dead weight without a healer. Sure, the necro can heal, but in a place like HS having the necro heal when they could be charming is an inefficient use of that class. With a healer you'd be a pretty solid 4 man and could definitely handle basement, north and west wings. Depending on the levels maybe even south.

Levels are going to be important though. Levels help a ton with both charming and tanking, so if the SK is mid 50s and the other two are low 50s, the SK might not be as much dead weight as if he were lower than the casters. Either way the HT is going to make him pretty ineffective in HS without a dedicated healer. If you guys are all good friends and share accounts, HS as a duo with the SK leeching, and rotating characters to spread out the work load would work well.

Sage Truthbearer
10-06-2016, 03:14 PM
As others have said, the SK is completely useless to this trio. You need to either kick his ass to the curb or add a Cleric to your group composition.

Baler
10-06-2016, 03:14 PM
I think these are some outdated opinions. sure the necro will be twitching to no end (healing a little at a time). So sure no necro charm to avoid breaks. but there is beyond enough utility to have a ton of fun in HS.

this is why I say half to more so experienced players. If they're total nub cakes to EQ. find a cleric and or shaman.

But i've seen a necro work twitch(heals) in dungeons.
SK can back off if low HP and enchanter's pet can take the dmg while necro heals the sk and sk life taps the target.
It wont be a chill relax family matters, watch tv group tho.

thufir
10-06-2016, 03:20 PM
with slow + necro heals you can go far, but I agree that Howling Stones isn't as awesome as it could be because of the harm touch damage spiking. still, north wing is pretty good, easy xp and decent loot, just make sure your pets eat the harm touches. I wouldn't do basement, no point doing that if you can do north wing (and you can).

KC basement is ok, just overcamped. with static groups I prefer going to zones that don't have as many people.

lower guk would actually be reasonable for you, not heavily occupied and you can still get some decent loots there. frenzy or am/lord are fine spots (from either place you should be able to pull any dead side mob that is db to you and keep most of it clear).

if you don't care so much about charming a necro pet, your trio can probably handle the spider parts of velk's lab. frenzied camp is ok. a lot of the spiders backstab, so solid pet choices for the enchanter.

there's always kedge, too. no undead there, but you have the necro for dmf and the zem is very high. it can be tough to make kedge work but you can keep the xp rolling in if you do it right. stuff near matriarch and estrella is probably best for your level range. maybe patriarch too.

there are also plenty of outdoor camps where you could all fear kite to your heart's content. I don't favor those due to low zems and poor/superrare loot but places like cobalt scar and skyfire mountains at least have mobs in your level range and wide open space.

Baler
10-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Enchanter's Pet can EAT harm touches. LOL

Break it at low hp,. kill it get exp,. get new pet to eat that shit.

Hell even the SK or necro's pet could eat the HT.

Necro can malo on top of the tash for the enchanter pet. Easy charms bro.

Fuck give it a -MR item ontop of that. lol cake. loot -mr item and give it to the next pet.(the info you wont find from searching)

Rygar
10-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Seriously, why do so many people overlook the hole? Best zone low to mid 50s hands down. Tons of camps are easily accessible with that group, old world mobs have low hp (4k for non golems), rogue mobs to charm that backstab for 350, and tons of random loam and gem drops. Not to mention it has a high ZEM. Is currently never crowded, could stay until 58 and go to HS or just chill until 60.

Just past entrance is a pit that you can fear kite add free too... But exp slows there around 56

Edit: can make a level 1 halfling brell rogue and bind outside... Can drag any corpses to entrance for rez, you are non KoS to elementals / golems / fiends, but can h/s past rats and undead. So CR is the easiest in this zone compared to any other high level dungeon. And yes, you can consent your own body to your own rogue to drag :p

Spyder73
10-06-2016, 03:54 PM
HS is a death trap even with a good group - Don't sugar coat the zone, it's dangerous and frustrating -Not saying impossible, but a enc/nec/SK trio could very easily get thier sh!t pushed in in short order.

EDIT: The hole is a great idea and where I would pick

Baler
10-06-2016, 03:59 PM
HS is a death trap even with a good group - Don't sugar coat the zone, it's dangerous and frustrating -Not saying impossible, but a enc/nec/SK trio could very easily get thier sh!t pushed in in short order.

EDIT: The hole is a great idea and where I would pick

Bro if people are stupid they're going to die no matter where they do... be real

The hole is just as much a death trap in your statement.

Rygar
10-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Bro if people are stupid they're going to die no matter where they do... be real

The hole won't ht you for 1800 when them 3 mobs give you a crit resist on lull or a pet break. They hit much less than HS mobs too and lower hp, so you can get out of a tough pull easier. CR easier too

Lord_Snow
10-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Haha I'm the sk...I'm uselss. I have a fungi also if that helps

Spyder73
10-06-2016, 04:24 PM

I didn't realize it was possible to get insta-gib-quad-harm-touched in the hole, because that happens pretty regularly in HS

Baler
10-06-2016, 04:25 PM
The hole won't ht you for 1800
I didn't realize it was possible to get insta-gib-quad-harm-touched in the hole, because that happens pretty regularly in HS
If the enchanter, necro and SK's pet EAT THOSE HARM TOUCHES WHY DOES IT MATTER?
I'll repeat this in another way. Utility is king in this trio.
Play smart.

Listen folks,. Pets can EAT harm touches, Dots and Stuns. Utilize them as your own personal throw away toy.
when I see a pet eat a DT i'll add that to the list also.

thufir
10-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Seriously, why do so many people overlook the hole? Best zone low to mid 50s hands down. Tons of camps are easily accessible with that group, old world mobs have low hp (4k for non golems), rogue mobs to charm that backstab for 350, and tons of random loam and gem drops. Not to mention it has a high ZEM. Is currently never crowded, could stay until 58 and go to HS or just chill until 60.

Just past entrance is a pit that you can fear kite add free too... But exp slows there around 56

Edit: can make a level 1 halfling brell rogue and bind outside... Can drag any corpses to entrance for rez, you are non KoS to elementals / golems / fiends, but can h/s past rats and undead. So CR is the easiest in this zone compared to any other high level dungeon. And yes, you can consent your own body to your own rogue to drag :p

yeah, +1 to all this. can't believe I forgot it too. hole is almost always wide open, the only camps that people take even semi-regularly are entrance with the elementals and the first drop by the initial castle. go even a little bit deeper and the whole place is your oyster. there's even some undead deeper in if you don't mind the risk.

brecon
10-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Necro and Enchanter are both good soloists because they don't take hits. The issue, as some have pointed out, is the SK won't really be able to face-tank mobs effectively without a healer.

What you can bring to the table though is chain-pulling or help with fear kiting. For the former, the Enc and Necro just duo mobs really, while you bring them in. HS Basement/North works since you can lull undead and FD split, once spawns are broken its cake, just snare them into the group and have the necro/enc deal with them. Really any of the common Enc/Nec solo spots works (so Lguk dead side, HS, Solb). You can get more creative and look at outdoor fear kiting (Skyfire named cycle is very popular) or look at lower xp more more interesting zones (Velks, DN spiders are easy to fear kite), but it's the same general idea.

thufir
10-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Necro and Enchanter are both good soloists because they don't take hits. The issue, as some have pointed out, is the SK won't really be able to face-tank mobs effectively without a healer.
People keep saying this and I am a little confused. Is necroheal not well known around here? It costs like 10 mana a pop to keep the sequence going. Enchanter slow plus this will let the SK tank most things just fine. I used to duo with my SK in KC with a necromancer in my low 50s over by VS pit when I was trying to find the BE boots, just face tanking Knights of Sathir.

Baler
10-06-2016, 04:52 PM
It costs like 10 mana a pop to keep the sequence going. Enchanter slow plus this will let the SK tank most things just fine.
Preach!!! :)
+3 pets. experienced players will rejoice!'

With crack necro having unlimited mana. YO
If the enchanter sucks though you may have issues. Enchanter better understand how to stun in a milliseconds notice and recharm and or alow necro to malo. Just sayin yo.

either way people trash talking this trio are living in the past.

brecon
10-06-2016, 04:58 PM
People keep saying this and I am a little confused. Is necroheal not well known around here? It costs like 10 mana a pop to keep the sequence going.

My understanding is they nerfed it so that the necro can no longer cancel the dot on himself, which makes it a bit more expensive. I could be wrong about that.

In any case, requiring the Enc to slow every mob, and the Necro to constantly maintain heals on the tank, just in order to add SK melee dps is probably not efficient. Maybe doable, but not necessarily efficient. Also remember that the SK will be buffless so he won't have a ton of HP to work with, and the Nec will also need to keep himself and the Enc healed on charm breaks.

Obviously play around with it, but my initial preference for this trio would still be fear kiting or pet tanking/swapping.

Baler
10-06-2016, 05:00 PM
My understanding is they nerfed it so that the necro can no longer cancel the dot on himself, which makes it a bit more expensive. I could be wrong about that.

In any case, requiring the Enc to slow every mob, and the Necro to constantly maintain heals on the tank, just in order to add SK melee dps is probably not efficient. Maybe doable, but not necessarily efficient. Also remember that the SK will be buffless so he won't have a ton of HP to work with, and the Nec will also need to keep himself and the Enc healed on charm breaks.

Obviously play around with it, but my initial preference for this trio would still be fear kiting or pet tanking/swapping.

No way,. use pets to tank and SK off tanks. Utility is K I N G
They got crack so mana is no issue.

SK could main tank,. then step back when he gets low and allow necro to twitch him while pets tank,. SK just has to known how much agro to add to the battle.
Either way,. roots will save this trio time and time again.
Last ditch effort: GATE + ROOT. don't die foolishly. peeps.

thufir
10-06-2016, 05:01 PM

If they did this they did it very recently; the duo I describe earlier happened maybe three months ago, and I didn't have any buffs but my own. Keep in mind in an sk/nec duo you don't get any slows. I'm pretty sure you can still cancel magic the recourse.

It might not be as efficient as necro/enc duo but that in turn is not as efficient as clr/enc duo. The question wasn't how you could make a more efficient duo - if you're going to do that just tell them to reroll and their friend can sod off. They have what they have, and they can make it work just fine in a wide variety of places with slightly more effort.

They can take advantage of their SK by having him fd/snare pull to get singles, too.

Sage Truthbearer
10-06-2016, 05:04 PM
People keep saying this and I am a little confused. Is necroheal not well known around here? It costs like 10 mana a pop to keep the sequence going. Enchanter slow plus this will let the SK tank most things just fine. I used to duo with my SK in KC with a necromancer in my low 50s over by VS pit when I was trying to find the BE boots, just face tanking Knights of Sathir.

The problem is more that once you insert an unnecessary tank into the equation of a pet duo (Necro/Enc) no matter what way you slice it, you are going to be severely gimping the efficiency of an otherwise good duo.

If you're going to have add an SK here, it's smarter to simply add a 4th member too (a healer) which would give you an extremely solid 4-person group makeup. Either that, or keeping it as a strong Nec/Enc duo are better options than trying to make a poor 3-person composition work.

I don't get why this is so difficult for some people to understand.

Loke
10-06-2016, 05:05 PM
I considered mentioning the hole since I did that a lot in the mid to high 50s, but I didn't bring it up for a number of reasons that make the zone unfriendly to players without experience there.

First, while the necro and ench can gate, the SK is kind of boned when it comes to leaving. Then you have to deal with where to start from. From top down you have to clear some trash and if you don't know where you're going it is easy to mess up. Bottom to top has a couple issues as well, mainly whether Yael is up and whether everyone in the group is set up to survive the drop.

Then you get into the mobs. I was trying to think of undead zones to make the necro more useful, and the undead in the hole are extremely MR. Last time I was there I think my ench had trouble even keeping them rooted. Definitely not a friendly zone for undead charming.

I agree it is a solid zone, just not very good for this trio. Dealing with a CR in KC or even HS is waaay easier than doing so in the hole. Last time I was there we went to do the ranger epic portion and I'm pretty sure 2 of the 4 people with us died on the drop in, which wasn't a big deal since I have a cleric as well, but for a trio unfamiliar to the zone that is going to kill the group before it even gets started plus, Hole exp is kind of weak even compared to KC.

The Hole is a cool zone and worth checking out if you're up for a bit of an adventure, but it isnt the best choice for an unconventional trio looking to exp and that isn't already familiar with the zone.

thufir
10-06-2016, 05:11 PM
The problem is more that once you insert an unnecessary tank into the equation of a pet duo (Necro/Enc) no matter what way you slice it, you are going to be severely gimping the efficiency of an otherwise good duo.

If you're going to have add an SK here, it's smarter to simply add a 4th member too (a healer) which would give you an extremely solid 4-person group makeup. Either that, or keeping it as a strong Nec/Enc duo are better options than trying to make a poor 3-person composition work.

I don't get why this is so difficult for some people to understand.
I don't get why it's so difficult for people to understand the initial question. Again, the question wasn't "how can we improve this trio?"; it's "where are some camp spots for this trio?"

Advice to them that they should tell their friend to sod off, or that they need to find another person to make it more efficient, is swell, but not the question that was asked.

Baler
10-06-2016, 05:14 PM
no one has quoted me as being WRONG or INACCURATE,
read my OP

Izmael
10-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Obv reroll SK to shaman, PL him, then proceed to make every zone your bitch with Nec / Enc / Shm.

brecon
10-06-2016, 05:25 PM
It might not be as efficient as necro/enc duo but that in turn is not as efficient as clr/enc duo. The question wasn't how you could make a more efficient duo - if you're going to do that just tell them to reroll and their friend can sod off. They have what they have, and they can make it work just fine in a wide variety of places with slightly more effort.

They can take advantage of their SK by having him fd/snare pull to get singles, too.

Read back to my initial post, i recommended places they could go, that the SK should pull, and also to consider outdoor fear kiting. I didn't tell them to dump their buddy - unconventional duos and trios are often a blast.

thufir
10-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Read back to my initial post, i recommended places they could go, that the SK should pull, and also to consider outdoor fear kiting. I didn't tell them to dump their buddy - unconventional duos and trios are often a blast.

Sure, that's fair.

I don't think it's as inefficient as some are saying to have the SK tank, though, if it comes to that. It's a doable strategy and in a high ZEM zone it should be fine, even if slightly more inefficient killing-speed wise than being in an outdoor zone and chain pulling.

Sage Truthbearer
10-06-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't get why it's so difficult for people to understand the initial question. Again, the question wasn't "how can we improve this trio?"; it's "where are some camp spots for this trio?"

Advice to them that they should tell their friend to sod off, or that they need to find another person to make it more efficient, is swell, but not the question that was asked.

I was responding to you, not op, which is why I specifically quoted your post about Necro healing (which also had nothing to do with camp spots or the initial question).

thufir
10-06-2016, 05:47 PM
I was responding to you, not op, which is why I specifically quoted your post about Necro healing (which also had nothing to do with camp spots or the initial question).
I thought my advice was helpful to a trio involving an SK. You responded by saying this trio was inefficient and it would be smarter to subtract or add a member.

If you don't see how one bit is helpful to the initial question and the other is not, you don't see it.

Expediency
10-07-2016, 12:59 AM
If I were in an ench/necro/sk trio, I would type /who all druid 51 55 and start asking whoever is online if they want to join your hole group. They can get you in, get you out, heal, regen, ds, and they have anti summon spells.

Rygar
10-07-2016, 07:37 AM
I considered mentioning the hole since I did that a lot in the mid to high 50s, but I didn't bring it up for a number of reasons that make the zone unfriendly to players without experience there.

First, while the necro and ench can gate, the SK is kind of boned when it comes to leaving. Then you have to deal with where to start from. From top down you have to clear some trash and if you don't know where you're going it is easy to mess up. Bottom to top has a couple issues as well, mainly whether Yael is up and whether everyone in the group is set up to survive the drop.

Then you get into the mobs. I was trying to think of undead zones to make the necro more useful, and the undead in the hole are extremely MR. Last time I was there I think my ench had trouble even keeping them rooted. Definitely not a friendly zone for undead charming.

I agree it is a solid zone, just not very good for this trio. Dealing with a CR in KC or even HS is waaay easier than doing so in the hole. Last time I was there we went to do the ranger epic portion and I'm pretty sure 2 of the 4 people with us died on the drop in, which wasn't a big deal since I have a cleric as well, but for a trio unfamiliar to the zone that is going to kill the group before it even gets started plus, Hole exp is kind of weak even compared to KC.

The Hole is a cool zone and worth checking out if you're up for a bit of an adventure, but it isnt the best choice for an unconventional trio looking to exp and that isn't already familiar with the zone.

I'm not fully understanding the logic here...

Not recommending Hole because it can be unfriendly to players who are inexperienced there? Same could be said for any zone, especially HS. You learn as part of EQ, the zone is very easily learnable.

SK can't gate? This is true, but you have the same exact problem in HS. OT Hammer is 2k and would recommend everyone get that at 50 anyways, Thurg Gate Potion (vial of velium vapors) is obtainable if you just do tradeskills for a few hours. Its not like there are no options there.

No undeads to charm? This is definitely true. However, I would argue that with mobs having less than half the HP as normal PLUS all running at 20%, a standard necro pet / spells help out a ton. There is realistically only 1 ghost in the area which can be trio'd at first half of zone, so the MR issue shouldn't matter.

CR easier in HS?? This is laughable really, the level 1 halfling brell rogue dragger gets your corpse to zone in where you can rez / med with no adds at all, HS has a heavy mix of undead / live mobs, and goos can see invis and even h/s. True that you can get a rez easier in KC due to over-crowding... but you deal with over-crowding.

Hole exp weak compared to KC? This has definitely not been my experience, especially at low to mid 50s. 58+ I see it slowing down, however due to those low HP mobs, you can plow through them much faster.... especially when chanter has a charmed pet that can BS for 350, maybe even give some nice pet weapons like double Gold Plated Koshigatana if you want to get creative (may cost you 2k, but will proc a 162 DD nuke on any summoned creature. Dual Wield + Boon + Backstab + Haste if you crazy = Destroy). The SK also comes in handy here to get the chanter pet to BS.

Rygar
10-07-2016, 07:49 AM
If I were in an ench/necro/sk trio, I would type /who all druid 51 55 and start asking whoever is online if they want to join your hole group. They can get you in, get you out, heal, regen, ds, and they have anti summon spells.

Praise Druids!! These are awesome in the Hole, and granted your trio may want to just get moving the 3 of you, recruiting like Expediency mentions is easy and can just be a bonus, and most druids get giddy when invited to an exp group as most under utilize them. Snaring the chanter pet will be a welcome thing as well, and snare in general if you aim to fear kite in the pit.

If you guys do the hole, recommend factioning in Warrens for a few hours to get +Paineel faction. You can buy Hole key for 120p or so. Is no drop and is NOT soulbound. You can get an erudite SK alt to buy key to open for CR too if you like, or have a Shrink Pot (200p?) in the bank (which is 30 secs away from the hole, another huge bonus to this zone... easy supply run), can shrink your necro / sk enough depending on class to get through. Iksar are too big to squeeze through boulder, but on live I managed to get in on my human.

Messie
10-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a fun group. I'm a 56 cleric, send me a message in game if you see me on! +7 hrs EST.

Lemonhead
10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
The SK could also joust between mob swings when not pulling if they want to pet tank. Between that and pulling, it would be more than efficient. Chain pulling adds a lot to even a super-duo.

thufir
10-10-2016, 05:00 PM
SK can't gate? This is true, but you have the same exact problem in HS. OT Hammer is 2k and would recommend everyone get that at 50 anyways, Thurg Gate Potion (vial of velium vapors) is obtainable if you just do tradeskills for a few hours. Its not like there are no options there.

just a minor point here that it's not actually that hard for a melee class to escape the Hole, as long as you can fight to the main city. the teleport pads are very close to the docks, which are not a ridiculously long crawl from the initial drop.

of course this is true in HS too. there's an exit in the south wing that isn't all that hard to get to. people just aren't in the know about either.