PDA

View Full Version : Need a low-risk, low-reward place to bard swarm at lvl 27

jazzman_so_fresh
10-06-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm dying so often when trying to kite. FV has too many froglok casters or pirates that backstab, the OT is either green-conned or red-conned, and LOIO is filled with goblins that cast. I can't seem to get out of lvl 27, and lost half a level last night. Is there any place where I can pick up about 7 mobs, all blue-cons, and have a nice place to kite without objects in the way, and without wandering mobs??

Thanks!

Baler
10-06-2016, 03:40 PM
South Karana
Rathe mountains. eh..

find a group? Bard songs go a long ways in groups despite the hate for zone swarming.

jazzman_so_fresh
10-06-2016, 03:53 PM
The aviaks in Rathe are ok. I did a level that way. The avocets are red con, and the green con egrets seem to run faster :(

Are there any other mobs I could swarm in that zone?

Spyder73
10-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Swarm kiting is lame and over rated - there is no small risk small reward, its all trash

Izmael
10-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Lowest risk zone at these levels is OT imo.

27 is kinda of a crappy level though. You're a little low to damage enough mobs in OT west, but too high to get enough exp from OT east.

For low risk, I'd recommend to stick with OT west, pull only the chicken and cacti, I forgot by now but you'll quickly learn which particular ones are most likely to be in level range to be hit by your songs at 27.

It will be slowish exp for a bard, but as soon as you hit 28 it will be a lot easier and at 29 you'll be able to damage pretty much all of the OT west mobs if I remember correctly.

Ideal spot at 27 would be FV drolvargs (savages and some.. forgot the name, not the snarlers, but in between). But as you said, you have to deal with the fucking frogs. :)

Baler
10-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Ideal spot at 27 would be FV drolvargs

find a group on the cliffs. +++Izmael's post.

Don't be the guy who Kites FV. people hate that guy.

Vilkata
10-06-2016, 04:34 PM
How about Iksar bandits in the cave in Warsliks. There is one huge room you might be able to swarm in and getting 7-8 mobs should be easy.

Izmael
10-06-2016, 04:37 PM
find a group on the cliffs. +++Izmael's post.

Don't be the guy who Kites FV. people hate that guy.

Even with 4 bards swarming FV, BEFORE THE NERF, FV was a zone impossible to cross on auto-run because you'd run into many mobs who'd invariably kill you because that zone is so densely populated.

Baler
10-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Even with 4 bards swarming FV, BEFORE THE NERF, FV was a zone impossible to cross on auto-run because you'd run into many mobs who'd invariably kill you because that zone is so densely populated.

This is 100% true. I won't dispute you on that. some crazy arse mobs,. Frogloks, spider people. etc

jazzman_so_fresh
10-10-2016, 02:42 PM
I tried the bandits near field of bone. Not enough mobs. I'll explore the caves though. Good choice.