PDA

View Full Version : Secret Valley in Skyfire?

indiscriminate_hater
10-09-2016, 01:36 AM
I was wandering around SF today on an alt and accidentally discovered some valley on the very west-most side of the zone. I was on the edge of what I thought was the zone line at roughly -1000, +3800 and kept moving west until I popped over the cliff and landed in some loosely-populated valley. The dimensions of the valley seem to be roughly 2000-3000 north-south units, and 500 east-west units. Has anyone seen this before?

This screenshot shows me at the bottom of this valley, with the LOC shown in the text window.

http://i.imgur.com/nRPSwYr.jpg

This screenshot shows my character facing north, with the valley to the left and the rest of the zone to the right.

http://i.imgur.com/9Z6wlMW.jpg

Zekayy
10-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Wth never seen that before don't know if there's a zone there they added later or what but that sure is strange

elwing
10-09-2016, 05:12 AM
Classic, already went there on live... I have no idea if that's a geometry bug when the zone was created or if something can happen there... it's rather empty

EQBallzz
10-09-2016, 05:41 AM
Reported for obvious hacking. Also, never seen that before. :o

elwing
10-09-2016, 06:00 AM
it can be seen there or on mapfiend, but mapfiend seems not to work correctly...
http://mqemulator.net/zone.php?name=skyfire

it's the bottom left part, entrance is near the green line

Borak
10-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Oh yeah, it's been there for awhile. If memory serves, someone died there and had no idea how to get to their corpse so I went to retrieve it with travel song. After figuring out how to get there by going over what was ostensibly the zone wall, I spent some time looking inside the lost valley. It's weird, there are a few mobs that path back and forth down there, isolated from the rest of the zone.

DoucLangur
10-09-2016, 08:34 AM
did anyone ever find out what the box on the floor near west zone wall was meant to trigger? you can click it and it turns, like a switch in other zones... but no effect implemented, I guess...

maybe related to some zoneline that was never implemented here?

Lemonhead
10-09-2016, 11:03 AM
This one is obviously a bug, but in Field of bone you can get underneath almost the entire zone. Goto the valley that leads to warslik's woods. Then at about 1600, 3300 head north up the valley wall.

Be sure to have levi on, and find a cliff that leads down. You may have to go back and forth along the top there to find it. This will lead you deep under the entire zone. You can escape by going to the beach. I haven't been brave enough to drop levi, but I'd assume there is either a floor, or you'd pop to the evac point.

You can't do anything down there, but it's pretty trippy.

Jimjam
10-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Fascinating find!

On a similar note, you can go over the cliff in everfrost that houses the tunnel to black burrow. You can then run above the roof of the tunnel and drop through the ceiling to an area behind the zoneline.

Silly Norrath!

Lemonhead
10-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Oh nice, that one made me think of Mario. I found mine with auto-run/afk/Mysterious death. I had to employ a local necro to dig my corpse out of the hill.

Nuggie
10-09-2016, 01:16 PM
This one is obviously a bug, but in Field of bone you can get underneath almost the entire zone. Goto the valley that leads to warslik's woods. Then at about 1600, 3300 head north up the valley wall.

Be sure to have levi on, and find a cliff that leads down. You may have to go back and forth along the top there to find it. This will lead you deep under the entire zone. You can escape by going to the beach. I haven't been brave enough to drop levi, but I'd assume there is either a floor, or you'd pop to the evac point.

You can't do anything down there, but it's pretty trippy.

There was a hole in the zone wall in either Fob or Warsliks Woods I found on live. If you were running tight along it you would just walk right off the landscape and fall(I think to your death, don't recall. Just remember the gm using fly mode to check it out.) Haven't tried to find it here.

Have seen the skyfire valley while running to VP, never bothered to drop down in to it.

Lemonhead
10-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Cool, ya, that's the one. If you go there with levi on, you can experience the FoB basement.

AzzarTheGod
10-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Custom content please.

Has anyone speculated on allahkazams about the skyfire switch? Sometimes people figure out the devs plans and intent through the grapevine.

was the switch always in during Kunark or do you think it's a Titanium client thing?

Jimjam
10-09-2016, 04:13 PM
The berserker epic features a part that teleports you to underneath Kurns Tower, but in FoB.

AzzarTheGod
10-09-2016, 04:46 PM
The berserker epic features a part that teleports you to underneath Kurns Tower, but in FoB.

Good to know. But that is Titanium for sure (later than Luclin)

I am wondering if this Skyfire switch button is possibly an older implementation. Perhaps, its just a Titanium PoP era questline ala the Berserker.

I am curious as hell now. I wonder if there was any bits of code left in the client regarding it, probably not. The switch most likely would just call for a teleport function from the server. Only SOE and perhaps the developers who post on Allakhazams and other websites would have any indication of what the Skyfire switch was meant to be, I think.

DoucLangur
10-09-2016, 04:50 PM
I am wondering if this Skyfire switch button is possibly an older implementation.

I haven't tried it on here. I tested it on eqlive, in a time when I had a 100kpp mount, and could solo Talendor - so it must have been post Omens of War expansion. And at that time, the switch still did not serve any obvious purpose. So I assumed it was something that was put there and never implemented... Like the door behind Master Yael (zone to Plane of Underfoot)

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 10:50 AM
There was a hole in the zone wall in either Fob or Warsliks Woods I found on live. If you were running tight along it you would just walk right off the landscape and fall(I think to your death, don't recall. Just remember the gm using fly mode to check it out.) Haven't tried to find it here.

Have seen the skyfire valley while running to VP, never bothered to drop down in to it.

I found that same hole in Warsliks wood back on live! It was later patched but maybe the models we have here are still from a previous patch.

Lemonhead
10-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Hmm, the hole on p99 that I found was in FoB, near the WW zl...is there another in WW maybe? I'll go check in a bit. Maybe it's on the same wall in WW, across the zoneline.

AzzarTheGod
10-10-2016, 06:56 PM
The weirdest one is sometimes you try to zone into kurns tower and it would take you to a hidden zone room in fob.. Soon as I exited you would zone Into kurns

questline, cant remember which one.

feel like it was epic 1.5 that had the secret FOB room, rogues 1.5 epic questline I believe.