PDA

View Full Version : Buff Timer

Renad
10-17-2016, 01:56 PM
How??

Was watching a couple streamers and when they moused over their buffs, there was timer showing remaining time on buff. Looked all through the options but couldn't find anything. Is it an add-on ala overwolf or something?

thufir
10-17-2016, 02:03 PM
not classic, was removed by developers some time back

Ele
10-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Egg Timer, classic

Videri
10-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Look up GINA. She's amazing. It's a program that lets you create audio triggers and layover text, including timers and other alerts.

skarlorn
10-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Look up GINA. She's amazing. It's a program that lets you create audio triggers and layover text, including timers and other alerts.

for people who need help with EQ :o

Daldaen
10-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Egg Timer, classic

Having your SoW start blinking mid kite, or your levitate start blinking mid run over Dreadlands, even more classic.

Videri
10-17-2016, 02:43 PM

Pesky Dwarf! *swings lute*

Pretty cool to have a little bell go off when a mob "begins to cast the gate spell," or when I get disarmed, or when someone spams their See Invis bracer on me; or have a timer for my TL box; and many clever little tricks. It's just quality of life. :)

But what would a DWARF know about that??

kgallowaypa
10-17-2016, 03:04 PM

Shots fired, of course rogue take 0 skill soo...

thufir
10-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Pesky Dwarf! *swings lute*

Pretty cool to have a little bell go off when a mob "begins to cast the gate spell," or when I get disarmed, or when someone spams their See Invis bracer on me; or have a timer for my TL box; and many clever little tricks. It's just quality of life. :)

But what would a DWARF know about that??
I remember a mod on vanilla WoW, called "decursive". You pressed a button and the program automatically targeted the first player with a debuff and cast the right spell to remove that debuff. You could keep mashing that button as long as you wanted, removing debuffs on everyone; it wouldn't cast anything if nobody in your raid had any debuffs.

Quality of life improvement? Sure. All play-aids are "quality of life improvements." I felt stupid using that one; I'd feel stupid using this one. Just a personal thing I guess.

Ele
10-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Having your SoW start blinking mid kite, or your levitate start blinking mid run over Dreadlands, even more classic.

Refresh sow and levi before every kite. classic!

Daldaen
10-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Refresh sow and levi before every kite. classic!

Confirmed classic.

Can't wait til Haynar nukes the scroll wheel. Nothing like frantically cycling F9 views and then mouse looking to view behind you to see what mobs are on your tail.

thufir
10-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Can't wait til Haynar nukes the scroll wheel. Nothing like frantically cycling F9 views and then mouse looking to view behind you to see what mobs are on your tail.
hear hear on this. being able to seamlessly go between 1st and 3rd person views is the least classic thing about this server. if you don't have to press f9 like four times it's too easy.

paulgiamatti
10-17-2016, 08:03 PM
I actually never use the scroll wheel to change to 3rd person - I just rebound change camera view from F9 to Shift+Tab and then use mouselook from there. Gets you zoomed out way faster than wheelscrolling your way there.

Sirban
10-17-2016, 08:19 PM
16 year elf simulator

tristantio
10-17-2016, 08:36 PM
You can use Shift + T to go into title view, which is a camera view directly behind your avatar (then press it again to return to last set camera view)

Zekayy
10-17-2016, 10:47 PM
You can use Shift + T to go into title view, which is a camera view directly behind your avatar (then press it again to return to last set camera view)

Shift + T is for titles and not classic unless you have a title in game it should be removed

EQBallzz
10-18-2016, 12:57 AM
I actually never use the scroll wheel to change to 3rd person - I just rebound change camera view from F9 to Shift+Tab and then use mouselook from there. Gets you zoomed out way faster than wheelscrolling your way there.

You can also hit the change face button from inventory screen while running and it will look at your character from the front which allows you to see behind you (even while running). No rebinding or scroll wheels required.

Renad
10-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Some passionate responses here!

Thank for the infos. :)

paulgiamatti
10-18-2016, 07:34 AM
You can also hit the change face button from inventory screen while running and it will look at your character from the front which allows you to see behind you (even while running). No rebinding or scroll wheels required.

Ya but you can't mouselook in that view, so it's a pretty limited view. I use Shift+T occasionally if I want to quickly see what's behind me - I just moved the Title window off the screen. Also, rebinding hotkeys takes like two seconds and it's permanent.

paulgiamatti
10-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Oh wait, actually you can mouselook in that view similar to Shift+T, that's pretty neat.

EQBallzz
10-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Oh wait, actually you can mouselook in that view similar to Shift+T, that's pretty neat.

Yeah it is. I don't use it, though. I prefer the more classic approach of turning around to see if something is chasing me and then realizing that yes..there is something right behind me and getting stunned and dying 3 feet from the ZL.

paulgiamatti
10-19-2016, 10:15 AM
Mouselook might be the wrong word though - usually that refers to actually making your character turn by using the mouse. EQ is like the only game of its ilk where I literally never use mouselook. I think it's mainly because of diagonal-strafing - I can aim myself so much more easily if I stick to WASD. Mouse-panning I think is what I meant, which you can do in the zoomed-out F9 3rd person views as well. I'm constantly switching views and panning around my character ADHD-style - watching me play would probably give most people a headache. I also use numpad +, -, and enter for pitching up, pitching down, and centering the camera in first person.