PDA

View Full Version : Cash camp?

gunsmith666
10-23-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm a broke 51 monk with lame gear looking for a solo cash camp,I need coin for epic and such, was thinking about trying hill Giants in RM.anyone got any suggjestions for other spots ? And are Giants worth it as a melee?

skarlorn
10-23-2016, 09:26 PM
You can do ok with Giants, seafuries are doable at that level, sol a and perma are easy spots to farm high quality ore. Sol a def the best for that since there's a goblin merchant in zone. I would also recommend just getting to mid 50s and heading to seb.you will make a lot of money from 54-60 if you can do it in seb

EQBallzz
10-23-2016, 09:29 PM
HGs in RM are perma-camped by Necros. Good luck getting in range to use a throwing star before Necro tags it. I wouldn't even bother running over there tbh. Goblin camp in WW is easy enough and that earring sells reliably for 2k and isn't lore so you can live there for a while and stock up if you can get lucky enough to get them to drop. Can also farm ore/bronze/FS in Sol A. It's pretty boring but if you have some wt reduction bags you can load up on ore and sell at gypsy camp. I made 600p on my monk the other day doing that for a couple hours while semi-afk.

xKoopa
10-23-2016, 11:00 PM
HGs in RM are perma-camped by Necros. Good luck getting in range to use a throwing star before Necro tags it. I wouldn't even bother running over there tbh. Goblin camp in WW is easy enough and that earring sells reliably for 2k and isn't lore so you can live there for a while and stock up if you can get lucky enough to get them to drop. Can also farm ore/bronze/FS in Sol A. It's pretty boring but if you have some wt reduction bags you can load up on ore and sell at gypsy camp. I made 600p on my monk the other day doing that for a couple hours while semi-afk.

theres a goblin merchant in sola so you dont have to go to rings

Tupakk
10-23-2016, 11:41 PM
Honestly if you need quick cash and are melee goto NK, and farm light stones. You can make a decent amount as long as nobody else is trying to farm them.

51 is to low for Seb and unless you want to grind KC and thats a whole another story.

Sol A and B is just a bitch and there are casters.

just my 2 cents.

Jontheripper
10-24-2016, 12:35 AM
I'm a broke 51 monk with lame gear looking for a solo cash camp,I need coin for epic and such, was thinking about trying hill Giants in RM.anyone got any suggjestions for other spots ? And are Giants worth it as a melee?

Honestly, just roll up a druid

pasi
10-24-2016, 01:25 AM
Dupe AoNs

anarch
10-24-2016, 01:29 AM
Sarnak courier is a solid yet boring option.

Nuggie
10-24-2016, 02:10 AM
If you want straight cash you can kill high keep guards for FS weaps. There is a neutral vendor in the zone to sell to. Plus the banm. Plus nobles to exp on when they are open.

EdTuBrutus
10-24-2016, 02:26 AM
Having done the HGs/Seafuries on my Shaman then heading to Sebilis at 53, I think I can say with confidence that you may as well just skip the cash camps and level as fast as possible till you can hit Sebilis and start selling the overpriced crap that drops there (Zerker goes for 40k, Hiero for 20k neither of which are worth anything close to that IMO and the SHM spells are cash cow).

You don't really need a lot of cash due to the continued undervalue of high AC items which you can use. So get a couple of levels, make sure your AC is maxed and head to Seb.

Jimjam
10-24-2016, 02:47 AM
Have you considered guilding up to get your epic instead?

Baler
10-24-2016, 03:20 AM
...you may as well just skip the cash camps and level as fast as possible till you can hit...
Level 60

thufir
10-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Don't know how you'd stack up to a seafury cyclops at your level but if you can kill them they're easily the best cash you can expect soloing in your level range. There's a reason the place is camped 24/7. Find a static spot and stay on it, even killing one or two in a respawn cycle is very good money.

Hill giants are OK but as someone said above they're usually overcamped. Decent money if they aren't but doesn't really hold a candle to the cyclopses in the end. Also you'll have to go bank a lot because the hill giants drop straight plat as opposed to valuable gems.

The dark horse money camp is the Shiny Brass Idol in Highpass. These days it's selling for 700p a pop and it's pretty easy to get one in an hour or so, along with a bunch of shralok packs you can sell for cheap in EC. Bonus points because it is so super easy you could do it with a early 30s character. The minus side is you'll have to compete with raiders for it and they can be poopsocking the idol with the same fervor they poopsock a Tormax FTE. Also, it's lore so you'll have to deal with it in some way once you get one.

Seb got mentioned. Nobody will take you for seb groups until you're 54 at least, but once you're there moving there to take advantage of the 20 hour a day CE or NG groups is a good option. The money is quite good and everyone always wants a monk or two in their group. You could do a lot worse than spending 54-60 there. But that's for when you want money in the future; doesn't really help you right now.

Ravager
10-24-2016, 03:12 PM
Either group in Seb or HS or farm ore in Sol A or farm TBB in LGuk. Grouping in Seb and HS will be more fun. 51 monk can hold Ass/Sup solo and Thick Banded Belt still goes for decent plat and it's not lore, so you can try to farm multiples, though the drop rate is low. A Chardok group might not be a bad idea either, since the AE nerf, some of that loot is probably not so deflated.

skarlorn
10-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Thick Banded Belt still goes for decent plat and it's not lore, so you can try to farm multiples, though the drop rate is low.

yeah... i thought about suggesting this, but TBB drops are so fucking spotty I don't think it's a reliable way to make plat. Not to mention it's usually camped. I have gone many an hour without getting that belt to drop.

Videri
10-24-2016, 03:30 PM
Honestly, just roll up a druid

Do people share port bots? Maybe a group of 2-5 new players should make a druid together, level it up, and take turns porting with it.

Tupakk
10-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Do people share port bots? Maybe a group of 2-5 new players should make a druid together, level it up, and take turns porting with it.

Leveling druids is so easy and cheap you wouldnt need to have 2-5 ppl share one.

And yes porting is an easy way to make quick cash and there really is no waiting just turn on your tag and get tells and make plat.

turbosilk
10-24-2016, 07:41 PM
To me it reduces the fun in playing if you farm for plat which is usually boring so you can buy gear vs going to the places where you can farm for your gear instead. That way you really don't need pp. If you're going to buy all your gear anyways not sure I see as much of a point in playing.

Lhancelot
10-24-2016, 07:52 PM
To me it reduces the fun in playing if you farm for plat which is usually boring so you can buy gear vs going to the places where you can farm for your gear instead. That way you really don't need pp. If you're going to buy all your gear anyways not sure I see as much of a point in playing.

Sounds good in theory, but let's be honest some camps are taken 24/7 by the same people making it impossible or nearly so to actually loot all the different items you would like.

Baler
10-24-2016, 07:54 PM
people who are shit socking good camps wont tell you where to go. Welcome to EQ where only you can discover good camps.

thufir
10-24-2016, 07:55 PM
people who are shit socking good camps wont tell you where to go. Welcome to EQ where only you can discover good camps.

not true, we'll totally tell them about camps we are moving on from ;)

sometimes those camps are good! that's why we were at them!

turbosilk
10-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Sounds good in theory, but let's be honest some camps are taken 24/7 by the same people making it impossible or nearly so to actually loot all the different items you would like.

That can be an issue but what's the rush? There is no next expansion. Enjoy the game.

coki
10-24-2016, 09:47 PM
my favorite is when i /who all droga, only to find one level 40 on the list
ask him who is in the zone ( 1 or 2 other people anon),
then get names and send tells only to be ignored by them ,
show up and they are actively camping both item spots and 30 minutes to 1 hour.....
is wasted

or /who all droga (no names) i think zone is empty
i show up and there 4-6 anon people

burkemi5
10-24-2016, 10:12 PM
show up and they are actively camping both item spots and 30 minutes to 1 hour.....
is wasted

Farm Droga for salts and skins then stockpile until chardok revamp, reap profits.

Doors
10-24-2016, 10:12 PM
Fungi tunics.

coki
10-25-2016, 02:54 AM
1300 skins to go from max kos to max ally... hardly worth it if stacks are only 20per

have to dedicate an entire account full of mules with each char able to hold 1 kos to ally boost

atleast maybe you would be able to set the price, but prolly not worth the effort if you couldn't sell a boost for over 20k,
prolly worth doing it for 50k boosts but man thats a ton of skin farming and whos gonna spend 50k for a boost when drusella
will be perma locked down by top guilds perma parking a trio to kill her every spawn

eqravenprince
10-25-2016, 08:45 AM
is wasted

I believe you can do a /who all droga count. That will at least include anon people and give you a count.

clacbec
10-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Farm CoF => RM / SOlA / trigger Ixiblat (make friends) / rince repeat and be rich

Alanus
10-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Farm CoF => RM / SOlA / trigger Ixiblat (make friends) / rince repeat and be rich

Is Ixiblat 1 groupable?

Permafrost has crystalline silk nets and ore. Ore vendors for a lot.

Most people won't give up their money spots, but at 51, the best spots are likely tradeskill farming items (crystalline silk in CC, hides in WL, etc) or Permafrost.

gunsmith666
10-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the tips.:)

Gumbo
10-25-2016, 09:59 PM
HGs in RM are perma-camped by Necros. Good luck getting in range to use a throwing star before Necro tags it.

I've been checking RM for the past few days for Hasten and I haven't seen any Necros.

It might depend on when playing?

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 12:20 AM
I've been checking RM for the past few days for Hasten and I haven't seen any Necros.

It might depend on when playing?

Necros have been hiding up in the trees, you just have to look up and there they are.

Supposedly there is a large encampment of them in the southern part of RM. it's a mini-city of necros living like the wood elves do in Kelethin, life tapping anything and everything ignorant or stupid enough to pass below them.

Tiax
10-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Stop farming solA you assholes, people want to group there.

fadetree
10-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Necros have been hiding up in the trees, you just have to look up and there they are.

Oh, so that wasn't BIRD poo on my doublet. No wonder it smelt so bad. Do you know what those things eat? Yech.

TeemoOfAstora
10-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Also you'll have to go bank a lot because the hill giants drop straight plat as opposed to valuable gems.

Isn't there a jewel merchant in zone? He's by the dorf for the dragon scale armor quests and with sneak you can go there and buy a ruby or two ever so often.

thufir
10-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Isn't there a jewel merchant in zone? He's by the dorf for the dragon scale armor quests and with sneak you can go there and buy a ruby or two ever so often.
Yeah there is, and you're right, you can ghetto bank there. It's not too far from the giants.

Hanmyong
10-26-2016, 02:26 PM
49 monk currently. Although, it's been said but affirming it nonetheless, sol a gobbies are solid cash (ore & fs) with almost no risk unless completely drunk and manage a lava death. Consistent cash flow as opposed to camping say a heavily camped goblin earring, which I've done as well multiple times. Leveled originally in the zone as soon as I could and probably have made 20K+ along the way without trying. Two vendors in the zone to sell to, along with available supplies, to keep your weight down. Tinker bags on one of them. List of conveniences goes on.

Just one note, if people are actually exping here and they usually are, give them the right of way and don't be a dick. Offer them the exp. Plenty of gobbies elsewhere.