PDA

View Full Version : NEW: SERVER

Shaun
10-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Please.... PLease PLEASE PlEASE add a NEW Server or 2:(:confused::(

Sporkotron
10-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Why? There are only a thousand or so people on blue as it is, that's like 1/3 as many as EQLive during 2000 - 2001. It'd be idiotic to split the population further.

Shaun
10-24-2016, 10:03 PM
when you have guilds fighting over shit for there alts? its time to add new servers since you cant add no content with out breaking classic 8p

Shaun
10-24-2016, 10:07 PM
stop making threads like this pls.

if i was not the first i will not be the last and its a clue that there needs to be more servers lol :p

Sporkotron
10-24-2016, 10:10 PM
when you have guilds fighting over shit for there alts? its time to add new servers since you cant add no content with out breaking classic 8p

Sounds like Classic EQ isn't for you, have you considered Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

seanidor
10-24-2016, 10:22 PM
I'd love a new server too since I doubt anyone would ever agree to having the current server wiped. People have put in far too much time and effort into their characters, getting so many of them to max level, gearing them up with incredibly expensive things, and so on.

The problem is exactly that though, the server is top heavy. Even though there are so many/few people playing, most of them are already pretty much done with their journeys and have for the most part reached their destination. They don't have much else left to do except raid or create alt's that are probably going to be twinked in some way.

It's quite refreshing to start anew, especially when everyone else is doing the same along with you.

Spyder73
10-24-2016, 10:50 PM
The idea of starting over on P99 is one of the most horrifying ideas my gamer brain could think of - please god no

Shaun
10-24-2016, 10:57 PM
The idea of starting over on P99 is one of the most horrifying ideas my gamer brain could think of - please god no

no one says you have to you can stay on this server

Bazia
10-24-2016, 11:32 PM
95% of us taken hostage by the 5% hoarder psychosis population

good call rogaine

jk fuck u

rezzu
10-24-2016, 11:36 PM
People that work on p99 have other stuff to do than working "free" on another server hrhr. they put in already a ton of their time.

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 12:06 AM
Sounds like Classic EQ isn't for you, have you considered Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

This^
The fun part of EQ is seeing all these topheavy guilds monopolizing landscape in hopes that one day you may work your way up the ranks to join them. The squabbling amongst rival guilds, the competition for high ranking members, the idea that there is a greater power than yourself was all part of a social game that was wiped out when betas like yourself took over the genre. Go play a single player RPG.

Nuggie
10-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Green server is still a possibility. Be patient.

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Green server is still a possibility. Be patient.

I think another server would kill this game. There are only about 1200 accounts logged in on blue during prime time. Splitting the playerbase would be disastrous.

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 12:25 AM
Join Auld Lang Syne

Mygicmeen
10-25-2016, 12:26 AM
Am I crazy for thinking 1200 is a lot? Especially for a server like p99?

Also I think a new server would attract new people. Fresh starts bring in people that quit, or who now think they have a shot of getting that pre nerf gear or what have you

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 12:37 AM
Am I crazy for thinking 1200 is a lot? Especially for a server like p99?

Also I think a new server would attract new people. Fresh starts bring in people that quit, or who now think they have a shot of getting that pre nerf gear or what have you

It is a lot for a private server but it is not a lot for EQ. I myself enjoy seeing and grouping with other players.

NegaStoat
10-25-2016, 02:53 AM
When the new server is launched (and there will be one from the info we were given) it will bring back a LOT of players that retired from the current blue P1999 scene. Player population, I think, won't be the issue many imagine it to be. What it will do to the current blue server I have no clue about, but the new server will be packed.

I'm especially curious as to the 'subtle changes' the new server will have that make the game more fair and meaningful for both the players and staff.

coki
10-25-2016, 03:02 AM
When the new server is launched (and there will be one from the info we were given) it will bring back a LOT of players that retired from the current blue P1999 scene. Player population, I think, won't be the issue many imagine it to be. What it will do to the current blue server I have no clue about, but the new server will be packed.

I'm especially curious as to the 'subtle changes' the new server will have that make the game more fair and meaningful for both the players and staff.

i'd say way over half the blue pop or all of the top tier guilds will move +all the retirees and it will be the same shit show all over again just on a way faster timeline once green reaches velious and then maybe for a few months later it will resemble blue , then after everyones had velious on green for a year, blue will finally get custom content and the server pops might even out to 50/50 but that all speculation

not sure what subtle changes your talking about

Baler
10-25-2016, 07:24 AM
There is a reason people still play softcore non ladder on mmo-arpgs.. All their shit is there.

Blue will always have some sort of a population. 50% of it's pop won't move to some new server.

Plus you can play Blue & Red at the same time as is. So many people will just keep playing blue and play the new server at the same time.

Kaosfury
10-25-2016, 07:52 AM
I would absolutely love a new server....new blue a new red whatever one comes out I'll start a new toon there along with everybody else

Swish
10-25-2016, 07:53 AM
You're a slave to the tunnel then you diiieee...

kgallowaypa
10-25-2016, 08:42 AM
If you want a new server, go to Shards of Dalaya. Always new content there for you burnt out raiders

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 08:48 AM
I went to Character Select this morning to begin my morning crack session on P99, and I seen this in the menu!!

Project 1999 (1): The Scars of Velious - CLOSED
Project 1999 (2): Red (PVP, Velious) - CLOSED
Project 1999 (3): Green (The Scars of Velious) - OPEN

Is this some kind of crazy Halloween prank or something? What the hell is going on????

Ahldagor
10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Could start and fund your own server. Don't be lazy op.

fadetree
10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
OP: You know, this might have worked if you had added 1 more PLEASE to your post. Daammit! Now we're stuck.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 09:02 AM
I hope Rogean on a whim wipes Blue clean one day. He could even proclaim it an accident, a terrible mishap where the hamsters running the server finally died, forcing him to have to go out and buy new hamsters to begin anew. A terrible tragedy for sure, but one that nonetheless couldn't be avoided! Those poor hamsters. One thing for certain though, hamsters don't live forever.

Swish
10-25-2016, 02:17 PM
Coming soon...

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 02:18 PM
No way!?

Swish
10-25-2016, 02:19 PM
The question everyone is really wondering about....will there be 2 teams or 3?

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 02:24 PM
No way!?

It's a dream, anyway.

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 02:25 PM

I would like more than 2.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 02:26 PM

Better make it two teams, SZ learned that the hard way when they had the 3 teams and then players got lame and started to X team.

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Way to trample my heart ... :c

Sorn
10-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Screenshots or it didn't happen. :P

Mygicmeen
10-25-2016, 02:52 PM
What would a green server entail? How is it different from red and blue?

Sorn
10-25-2016, 03:02 PM
What would a green server entail? How is it different from red and blue?

It's both a secondary color and environmentally friendly!

(j/k, it would just mean a server that starts over at the beginning and progresses through the patches and expansions - literally a classic progression server that isn't being beta-tested like the current blue server.)

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Well if they're definitely coming out with a new server I might take a break from the game a while. There is no real reason to play on this one if I'm starting a new character anyway. I'd hate to get to level 30 and need to reroll to keep up with the population. I still say this is a really really bad idea. I was really liking the idea of 1k players online at once. Now it's going to be what...
...about 500ish? And say goodbye to the low level players. New server means nobody is going to want to play lowbie on blue.

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Well if they're definitely coming out with a new server I might take a break from the game a while. There is no real reason to play on this one if I'm starting a new character anyway. I'd hate to get to level 30 and need to reroll to keep up with the population. I still say this is a really really bad idea. I was really liking the idea of 1k players online at once. Now it's going to be what...
...about 500ish? And say goodbye to the low level players. New server means nobody is going to want to play lowbie on blue.

They won't be wiping this one and not everyone would go to the new one ^^ no reason to decline to have fun because a new server might be coming out. Nobody thought it would take 5 years for velious to come out. New server may not come out until 2020, or not at all! ^^

Do t get discouraged!

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 03:12 PM

(j/k, it would just mean a server that starts over at the beginning and progresses through the patches and expansions - literally a classic progression server that isn't being beta-tested like the current blue server.)

And would get wiped (possibly dumped into blue) once it had run its course, then be reset "recycled" to do it again ^^

kgallowaypa
10-25-2016, 03:16 PM
This cant be real

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Way to trample my heart ... :c

Sigh. You are being facetious and mocking my dream. This is serious stuffs. :p

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 03:21 PM

exactly, that would be cool imo. And, it would give people who never got a chance to start on a new, fresh server. Sure, in the end, I would be a dirty, filthy, casual pleb but, at least I could be a founding father pleb!

snead
10-25-2016, 03:25 PM
forgive my ignorance but on the main page there's the below:

Project 1999 Discord
Players: Down

Does this mean it's going up to gates of discord or what exactly is the discord server?

Mygicmeen
10-25-2016, 03:26 PM
I like the idea of starting over with everyone at level 1. Get 50 before Kunark, get a sky mage crown and hate earth staff and turn in epic quickly!

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 03:27 PM
forgive my ignorance but on the main page there's the below:

Project 1999 Discord
Players: Down

Does this mean it's going up to gates of discord or what exactly is the discord server?

Permadeath itemloot ffa pvp

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Sigh. You are being facetious and mocking my dream. This is serious stuffs. :p

Not in the least! I fell for the deception in your OP and was painfully disappointed when you revealed its untruth :c

I too share the dream...

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Not in the least! I fell for the deception in your OP and was painfully disappointed when you revealed its untruth :c

I too share the dream...

rofl now you are just cruelly trolling me, making me think we share the same dream!

thufir
10-25-2016, 03:44 PM

the idea of a new server has been bandied about for a long time, never realized.

it isn't even in the cards until some time after the last patch hits, which it hasn't yet.

even when they were talking about making a new server, the talk was that they would merge the new server with the old once the new server got *its* last patch on the velious timeline.

tl;dr: don't take a break because of vaporserver that may or may not ever come out.

Abner
10-25-2016, 03:46 PM
If I were given a vote I would vote NO. Besides, twinked alts are a blast! Also, my highest toon is only 40.

Lothian
10-25-2016, 03:57 PM
If I were given a vote I would vote NO. Besides, twinked alts are a blast! Also, my highest toon is only 40.

You could still have twinks and you're not even max level so how would this effect that? It would merely cut down on the amount of fighting over camps and reduce the amount of higher levels blasting things people are trying to level on, to make money. (orc belts, etc.)

A new server would just provide people with a fresh start where the economy isn't dominated. It's not like anyone would lose anything on the current server.

fadetree
10-25-2016, 04:43 PM
it isn't.

Endorra
10-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Please help, I thought about the chance to play true classic vanilla EQ as my class of choice (something I did not get on live or p99 blue) and my erection has now lasted more than 4 hours.

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 05:21 PM
remove all raid bosses. itemize the faction rulers (king ak'anon, etc). Initiate teams. Remove common tongue. everyone flagged for pvp. no level cap on pvp. Equipped item loot. No PnP, no GM petitions allowed.

THe last people on the server are tracked down and sent to a mental hospital.

big_ole_jpn
10-25-2016, 05:27 PM
everyone comes to my mansion and sets up a PC. roll up a new full item loot pvp discord ruleset. if u die ingame for any reason i personally execute you with a rifle. i confiscate all of the losers' assets and give 70% to the last man standing (i keep 30% for expenses). u are not allowed to leave the gamerhouse unless u leave alone.

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 05:30 PM
While there are appealing aspects to each of these, have to say both are overall shit proposals. I've no interest ffa-permadeath or being shot with a rifle by J.

Kinda disappointed tbh...

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 05:56 PM
it's not permadeath Masked

please do not Trigger me!

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 05:59 PM
everyone comes to my mansion and sets up a PC. roll up a new full item loot pvp discord ruleset. if u die ingame for any reason i personally execute you with a rifle. i confiscate all of the losers' assets and give 70% to the last man standing (i keep 30% for expenses). u are not allowed to leave the gamerhouse unless u leave alone.

what distance are we talking here friend re the rifle executions

i want to know if i'm going to be blindfolded up against a wall

or if the minute my toon dies you appear behind me like a phantom and press the cold steel against my my head

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 06:00 PM
Oh, I see that now, I retract my protest ^^ I read the list of features and the "last people on server," part and my mind just inserted permadeatb. I understand now. Would we be able to play from the hospital? ^^

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh, I see that now, I retract my protest ^^ I read the list of features and the "last people on server," part and my mind just inserted permadeatb. I understand now. Would we be able to play from the hospital? ^^

I apologize for not being clear enough. I understand how you leaped to that conclusion. Let the record stand that when I say "last people left on server," I mean when normal, cool elves have stopped playing there because it's a sick box filled with deranged individuals living out their delusions of grandeur and abusing those around them (see Red server's present state)

Let there be no uncertainty that I suggest this server as a tool for eugenics

Kaosfury
10-25-2016, 06:03 PM
So all joking aside for real...... there's no news of any new server coming out right ? quite the contrary they're not even worried about anything else there's no need to not play as hard as I normally would waiting on a different server right?

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 06:10 PM
So all joking aside for real...... there's no news of any new server coming out right ? quite the contrary they're not even worried about anything else there's no need to not play as hard as I normally would waiting on a different server right?

No, there's one planned, but no defined timeline and certainly no reason to neglect your love with any less passion. Could still be a year before last belious patch here. Then discord server is supposed to happen, then another server might happen. It's not in stone, but it is their intent and it is likely years away.

I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.

There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 server. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made.

Kaosfury
10-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the clairity melon. Appreciate it

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the clairity melon. Appreciate it

Make sure you pronounce the whole name as "Mesquite-MAY-rone", there are no nicknames or shortened versions of Maskedmelon.

fadetree
10-25-2016, 06:53 PM
fa-det-ree agrees.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 06:54 PM
fa-det-ree agrees.

Whatever, Fade-tree!

fadetree
10-25-2016, 06:56 PM
if its hard and retro, give A1rh4ed a call.

Kaosfury
10-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Lol

Sporkotron
10-25-2016, 08:00 PM
You could still have twinks and you're not even max level so how would this effect that? It would merely cut down on the amount of fighting over camps and reduce the amount of higher levels blasting things people are trying to level on, to make money. (orc belts, etc.)

A new server would just provide people with a fresh start where the economy isn't dominated. It's not like anyone would lose anything on the current server.

Why the hell do you need to cut down on fighting over camps? Back on EQlive servers had three times the population of p99. Creating a server just so whiners like you can haves zones all to themselves is the farthest thing for classic you can get.

If you're tired of fighting people for spawns then classic EverQuest isn't for you. I suggest you roll a couple accounts on the EZ server. That's what you're asking for anyway. Maybe try a new MMO with instances, leave classic EQ to people who still want to play it.

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Why the hell do you need to cut down on fighting over camps? Back on EQlive servers had three times the population of p99. Creating a server just so whiners like you can haves zones all to themselves is the farthest thing for classic you can get.

If you're tired of fighting people for spawns then classic EverQuest isn't for you. I suggest you roll a couple accounts on the EZ server. That's what you're asking for anyway. Maybe try a new MMO with instances, leave classic EQ to people who still want to play it.

This^
If they give in to the winers now its the first step on the path to EQ live. They listened to the winers and see where it got them?

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 08:34 PM
"Playing on blue because I dont enjoy dying at random through no fault of my own."

"at random"

"no fault of my own"

time 2 git gud

Aaramis
10-25-2016, 08:39 PM
The idea of starting fresh on a new server is mildly tempting.

But then I remember what melee life is like at the start with no armour and rusty weapons.
I'm not sure that the chance at Guise, J boots, Rubicite, Manastone, etc is worth that pain.

coki
10-25-2016, 08:59 PM
What if they made a new server like green99/blue99 but races/classes would be reversed! like any race that cannot be shaman now can be and any race that can be, now cannot! sounds interesting!

coki
10-25-2016, 09:00 PM
greeen wont start with velious so...

skarlorn
10-25-2016, 09:05 PM
in for this 1

fan D
10-25-2016, 09:06 PM
we make a new server

fadetree
10-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Who's 'we', kemosabe?

fadetree
10-25-2016, 09:57 PM
mind blown

fadetree
10-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Grr, you have ruined your own names, you won't ruin mine!

I declare Kanly on your house, Lhancelot.

Or should I say luh-hance-a-lout

Abilge
10-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Every warrior is now either erudite or high elf... okay.

Robbintha Hood
10-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Every warrior is now either erudite or high elf... okay.

yea, that's cringeworthy

A1rh3ad
10-25-2016, 10:28 PM
"Playing on blue because I dont enjoy dying at random through no fault of my own."

"at random"

"no fault of my own"

time 2 git gud

Yes because getting killed randomly by someone who has been in the game longer than I is so my fault. Different people enjoy different gameplay experience. Its all opinions and preferences.

big_ole_jpn
10-25-2016, 10:34 PM
what distance are we talking here friend re the rifle executions

i want to know if i'm going to be blindfolded up against a wall

or if the minute my toon dies you appear behind me like a phantom and press the cold steel against my my head

i will have a HP monitor of the lowest HP players on server on the prototype google glass i have, with a bright alert on your name when actual death is confirmed. i will also have an automated system on deck which will lock the exits of your sector of the smartlinked gamerhouse anytime a player in that sector is below 20% hp. I will be maneuvering into position and attempting to place the shot as close to the moment u die as possible for maximum "die in the game, die for real" immersion. If U duck from your chair and attempt to evade execution i will have 2 pipe hitting thugs cosplaying as Erudites on staff who will make an example of U and make it clear to all other players that they had better commit to not breaking immersion.

I know it sounds intense but if U survive U will be the all-time elf grand champion and fabulously wealthy too. When U think about it i'm not asking for any more than most of U are givin this game anyway.

coki
10-25-2016, 11:53 PM
gold

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 11:55 PM
why make it complicated, just remove race restrictions allowing any race to be any class. barrel rolling dwarf druid all the way!

coki
10-25-2016, 11:57 PM
or just one master race! erudite's only!

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Who's 'we', kemosabe?

He's forgotten he's actually just a player like the rest of us, superiority complex via too much high end raiding on P99.

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 12:01 AM
if its hard and retro, give A1rh4ed a call.

Lol.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 12:12 AM
https://hbr.org/2015/03/if-you-want-to-be-the-boss-say-we-not-i

Effective leaders say 'we.' it inspires unity and motivation. Please improve yourself before attacking Fan D, who is responsible for the excellent thread.

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 12:30 AM
https://hbr.org/2015/03/if-you-want-to-be-the-boss-say-we-not-i

Effective leaders say 'we.' it inspires unity and motivation. Please improve yourself before attacking Fan D, who is responsible for the excellent thread.

He creates a thread then answers it with five words and you begin genuflecting. I ain't impressed.

I will roll with the thread though, and add that yes if THEY made a new server, I'd be extremely happy.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Sorry you "ain't" impressed. (cringing you typed that)

there's 1 thing u need 2 learn, kiddo. i can see you need a guiding hand.

This here is fan D. That stands for Fandango, Houndstooth, best Everquest player.

I once doubted him. I said what a shitty thing to claim to be the best at. And do you know what Fandango said to me? he said "Fandango best player on Everquest best rogue on the server"

and THAT's why this guy (cousin of EBK Bluuhd the Prince) has over 1 mil views on his p99 page.

vvvvv

http://i.imgur.com/LvFTaRh.jpg

^^^
yikes.

Just look at your shoe laces and do what fan D tells you to bring about our new server.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 01:26 AM
SIrken what u think man

mickmoranis
10-26-2016, 01:31 AM
This thread got me goin

http://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/e6h1taD.gif

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 01:36 AM

This here is fan D. That stands for Fandango, Houndstooth, best Everquest player.

I once doubted him. I said what a shitty thing to claim to be the best at. And do you know what Fandango said to me? he said "Fandango best player on Everquest best rogue on the server"

and THAT's why this guy (cousin of EBK Bluuhd the Prince) has over 1 mil views on his p99 page.

vvvvv

^^^
yikes.

Just look at your shoe laces and do what fan D tells you to bring about our new server.

Still ain't impressed.

fan D
10-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Still ain't impressed.http://i.imgur.com/21gyk0k.gif

Faiding
10-26-2016, 04:22 AM
I, too, would enjoy starting over on something I started over on for something that I did 16 years ago.

Teako
10-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Please.... PLease PLEASE PlEASE add a NEW Server or 2:(:confused::(

I'm going with no.

Abner
10-26-2016, 09:57 AM
You could still have twinks and you're not even max level so how would this affect that? It would merely cut down on the amount of fighting over camps and reduce the amount of higher levels blasting things people are trying to level on, to make money. (orc belts, etc.)

Fixed and it would affect me by removing people from the server. I like seeing other people in my travels. Empty zones are sad zones. And there's not really That much fighting for camps etc.

Melon has responded now so we all know the deal. There's plenty of time before P99 dies.

Swish
10-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Maybe the trigger is 100 people having leveled all classes to 60 on the same IP address.

We could be close and we wouldnt know it.

Bazia
10-26-2016, 11:38 AM
90% of the population who has ever played has quit and is waiting for a new server

We could probably fill 3 servers with 1000+ population simultaneously as long as they were new

This is an 8 year old velious server where people have 20 + raid geared alts and fungis are on every toon, only the most dysfunctional would be even marginally interested in this

Rang
10-26-2016, 11:56 AM

vvvvv

^^^
yikes.

Cuck confirmed

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 12:54 PM
90% of the population who has ever played has quit and is waiting for a new server

We could probably fill 3 servers with 1000+ population simultaneously as long as they were new

This is an 8 year old velious server where people have 20 + raid geared alts and fungis are on every toon, only the most dysfunctional would be even marginally interested in this

Can't use the "this guy is a new pleb asking for a new server harharhar!" line on this fellow.

Anyway, I concur.

This server needs an enema. Wipe it clean, 2016!

Or, simply create P99 Green as is the plan anyway. No need to postpone this anymore.

The "vets" that love their 10 raid geared alts, and 10million plats hoarded away on EC mules can stay and enjoy themselves and their pixel riches.

I am willing to bet the majority of the players would go to Green, even the ones crying and moaning how awful the idea is to create P99 Green.

Clasick
10-26-2016, 01:28 PM
I've got news for you.
All the hardcore players will flock to the new server for server firsts and do their best to cockblock the casuals. You are delusional to think the hardcore wont come over.

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 01:44 PM
I've got news for you.
All the hardcore players will flock to the new server for server firsts and do their best to cockblock the casuals. You are delusional to think the hardcore wont come over.

That is true, but there are other reasons to create a new server other than server firsts.

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 02:44 PM
That is true, but there are other reasons to create a new server other than server firsts.

Like splitting the population, so nobody gets a good experience.

Bazia
10-26-2016, 02:50 PM
it has nothing to do with server firsts, it has to do with character and platinum saturation from former shit policies like character sales and Chardok PLing annihilating the raid scene

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 02:54 PM
it has nothing to do with server firsts, it has to do with character and platinum saturation from former shit policies like character sales and Chardok PLing annihilating the raid scene

Ooooh, won't somebody please think of the raiders. Woah are they, and their socks full of poop.

Bazia
10-26-2016, 02:56 PM
no one gives a fuck about your level 51 druid that took you 4 years to level

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
no one gives a fuck about your level 51 druid that took you 4 years to level

"How dare you play other games, and have a wife and kids!

What a loser, I bet you don't even poop in a sock!"

That's you, that's how you sound.

Izmael
10-26-2016, 03:11 PM
I don't think I have ever seen that bazia clown say anything positive on this forum.

Bazia
10-26-2016, 03:14 PM
hard truths, this could be a utopia of everquest for years to come instead of the elephant graveyard of agoraphobics and hyper-casuals picking on bones around here

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 03:17 PM
I don't think I have ever seen that bazia clown say anything positive on this forum.

Its just a good thing that jack asses like him will never be in charge of a drive thru window, let alone an EverQuest server.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Ooooh, won't somebody please think of the raiders. Woah are they, and their socks full of poop.

Woah are they? Are you literally Ricky from trailer park boys? Is the word Woe that far from the microcosm of your stunted mind?

Izmael
10-26-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't know about you all but if that new server is rolled out, I'm going to sock that shit so hard my ass will literally grow in my chair. Nevermind the consequences in real life, friends, family or career. Who cares about that shit. I want manastones and guises.

Sporkotron
10-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Woah are they? Are you literally Ricky from trailer park boys? Is the word Woe that far from the microcosm of your stunted mind?

Oooooh no, I spelled a word wrong.

Therefore, by law of the internet my argument is wrong.

maskedmelon
10-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Oooooh no, I spelled a word wrong.

Therefore, by law of the internet my argument is wrong.

Works the same way in business, politics and every other social facet of humanity, friend ^^ Doesn't matter whether your argument is a good one or not (it is not). Esteem suffers dearly for such reckless abuse of language. If you are bent on the bastardization of our shared tongue, do so responsibly. Here, take these:

www.dictionary.com
www.google.com

Go, and sin no more.

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Works the same way in business, politics and every other social facet of humanity, friend ^^ Doesn't matter whether your argument is a good one or not (it is not). Esteem suffers dearly for such reckless abuse of language. If you are bent on the bastardization of our shared tongue, do so responsibly. Here, take these:

www.dictionary.com
www.google.com

Go, and sin no more.
God bless you, O guiding light of righteousness.

thufir
10-26-2016, 04:10 PM
hard truths, this could be a utopia of everquest for years to come instead of the elephant graveyard of agoraphobics and hyper-casuals picking on bones around here
lawlz @ "hyper-casuals"

one day forum questers will realize that not playing a game until you grow roots in your chair is not an insult

one day

just not today

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't know about you all but if that new server is rolled out, I'm going to sock that shit so hard my ass will literally grow in my chair. Nevermind the consequences in real life, friends, family or career. Who cares about that shit. I want manastones and guises.

^This

Swish
10-28-2016, 03:33 PM

Have holgresh elder beads not taught us anything?

mgellan
10-28-2016, 04:31 PM
I think another server would kill this game. There are only about 1200 accounts logged in on blue during prime time. Splitting the playerbase would be disastrous.

The casuals would stay on Blue and the "competitive" neckbeards would go to green to "dominate" the content and get server firsts. As a casual I can't thing of a much better outcome for those of us who have to go to ridiculous lengths to get mobs....

Regards,
Mg

maskedmelon
10-28-2016, 05:28 PM
The casuals would stay on Blue and the "competitive" neckbeards would go to green to "dominate" the content and get server firsts. As a casual I can't thing of a much better outcome for those of us who have to go to ridiculous lengths to get mobs....

Regards,
Mg

I am a casual. I would go to green in a heartbeat and be content to be dominated ^^

stormlord
10-28-2016, 06:01 PM
At first I was like "But live had about twice as much," but then I realized p1999 has been around for years in the Karana expansion and has only just recently added Velious and won't add more. This means there're a lot of high levels on this server proportional to its content. Project 1999 started in 2010, so it has been runnning for 6 years, coming on 7. 6 years (coming on 7) during live was approximately when Depths of Darkhallow was released. Lets count:
The Ruins of Kunark (up thru 60) (Mar 1999--I joined on the 21st)
The Scars of Velious (up thru 60)
The Shadows of Luclin (up thru 60 with AA addition)
The Planes of Power (up thru 65)
The Legacy of Ykesha (up thru 65)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (up thru 65)
Gates of Discord (up thru 65)
Omens of War (up thru 70)
Dragons of Norrath (up thru 70)
Depths of Darkhallow (up thru 70) (Mid to Late 2005)

So 6 (coming on 7) years of levelling has produced a high level population which is competing for content in fewer and fewer zones. This happens because the more time which passes the more disproportionate it's going to be. This is universally understood in all MMO's to take place. The older they're, the more the population is high level. This has lots of associated problems.

Now it's true each expansion incremently offers better equipment, thus obsoleting some of the older content--if you paid for the expansion. However, the mudflation in those days was much lower than in later years. Many items (like with procs or clickies or no level req) and quests (like the epics or for spells) were still useful. Also the experience in older content was better, since monsters had lower HP/Dps. The resultant situation was many players still played in older content, making it relevant. Hot zones were added in 2006 and offered an additional reason to visit older content for leveling purposes. Of course, for the highest level groupers, the latest expansion was best.

The past several years on live are bad though. The mudflation is crazy. You jump ship almost instantly when a new expansion is released. Part of the issue stems from the population being smaller--meaning they can't spread out. The other is less and less funding is being invested in content updates because the game is so old now. The financing isn't there to support a large amount of relevant content. Instances are also a big reason it works. With instnaces htey can keep the number of zones down and still "satisify" the population.

A1rh3ad
10-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Have the GMs considered adding the new content but without the Bazaar or PoK? I dont know much about EQ being a newbie but were many other game breaking thing added with the expansions?

dbouya
10-28-2016, 06:18 PM
if discord rules can get programmed they should keep that server fresh for a long long time. so what if you finish the content? there'll be factional warfare to participate in for a decade to come.

presumably though getting this coded is a challenge and might never actually get finished though.

Have the GMs considered adding the new content but without the Bazaar or PoK? I dont know much about EQ being a newbie but were many other game breaking thing added with the expansions?

luclin basically rendered the entire rest of the game irrelevant.
so yeah, it's not just about bazaar and pok really.
it's about things like mass group buffs, OP leveling zones etc

A1rh3ad
10-28-2016, 07:00 PM
luclin basically rendered the entire rest of the game irrelevant.
so yeah, it's not just about bazaar and pok really.
it's about things like mass group buffs, OP leveling zones etc

Ah makes sense. I know there was word of the possibility for custom content. Didn't know if this would be a good way to add in new content without changing the classic spirit. I guess the problem with all mmos is when you add new content it makes much of the old stuff irrelevant.

indiscriminate_hater
10-28-2016, 07:24 PM
when is PoP being released? I haerd 2021

skarlorn
10-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Let's get a new server

Lhancelot
10-28-2016, 07:34 PM
I am a casual. I would go to green in a heartbeat and be content to be dominated ^^

You are such a sub, MM.

stormlord
10-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Some of you are forgetting even when Luclin was live there were still guilds raiding Kael and Temple of Veeshan and Veeshan's Peak and so on. They were doing that even when Planes of Power released--and after. It's remarkably different today. Almost nobody is raiding older zones on live. You greatly underestimate the relevance of several expansions worth of content for mid to high levels--back when they could afford that. This is why Project 1999 is experiencing problems with its top heavy population and lack of content, especially for raiding.

Here it's again:
The Ruins of Kunark (up thru 60) (Mar 1999--I joined on the 21st)
The Scars of Velious (up thru 60)
The Shadows of Luclin (up thru 60 with AA addition)
The Planes of Power (up thru 65)
The Legacy of Ykesha (up thru 65)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (up thru 65)
Gates of Discord (up thru 65)
Omens of War (up thru 70)
Dragons of Norrath (up thru 70)
Depths of Darkhallow (up thru 70) (Mid to Late 2005)

I support another server for this reason alone. This server has had over 6 years to build up its top heaviness.

I have no interest in playing on p1999 myself. I'm done with EQ. Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: I played over many years on live. I remember when Luclin released. Everybody was excited about the extra polygons and the luclin models. I recall going to the noob area in Luclin and my framerate dropped to nothing. And then I noticed the monsters were hitting me like trucks. I said NO WAY and went back to killing in blackburrow for leveling. I barely played in Luclin until after hot zones. Yes, I tried Paladul Caverns once or twice. The experience was good and it was immediately adjacent to the Bazaar. And being near the Nexus meant you had portal access to a large chunk of the rest of the game. But it was almost always full, so I stopped going there.

What I'm saying is the expansions did obsolete prior content, but not completely. Back then the game hit a good balance. My opinion is affected by the newer versions of EQ. The newer game was much worse. Older content may as well not exist.

dirtyhousebeatz
10-28-2016, 11:31 PM
What about if Blue merges with the current Red server but make it officially PVP. Then make a new Blue server for a fresh start. Hopefully most of the people will play it but then we can always switch it up and PVP on the merged Red server and have fun decked out. I believe it will help Red population but also help tons of people come back to the game and also people that play now will be able to have a fresh start with everyone and enjoy the game even more! I still enjoy P99 as it is 100% as I am sure others do too but enjoy it even more 120% with a new Blue server. My .02 (a little idea I got while high, I believe it's a good one!)

Swaganometry

dbouya
10-29-2016, 01:01 AM
Personally I liked luclin just fine. I was just trying to explain the party-line reasoning.

I'm aware on live there was a strong tradition of mid-tier guilds raiding a year or two or three behind top tier guilds. In the year 2000-2001 I was in a guild that locked 100% a server. Then in 2004 I was in a b-tier guild that raided pop casually.

From a design standpoint though I do not think rogean or nilbog want to enable AA's nor do they want to enable paludal caverns, nor a teleporter system that renders all the racial newbie zones irrelevant as everyone levels up in luclin from say 5-30 or 5-40 once luclin exists.

They also don't want someone to sit in EC and mass buff 100 characters in a single cast (only in this scenario ec has become the moon teleportation chamber).

They may or may not be in favor of beastlords. Who knows. Luclin was much more disruptive towards previous expansions than either kunark or velious were. After luclin some expansions meshed well like ldon and some rendered half the previous game irrelevent like omens. After another decade though the game stopped resembling anything we loved in anyway.

If the best run most popular most well supported eq1 fanserver ran luclin, i'd be fine with that, and i'd play on it. It doesn't though, so I play here.

Lhancelot
10-29-2016, 01:16 AM
With only one P99 Blue, you have everyone craving a "classic EQ1 experience" on this server.

At least if there were more than one such server, the number of extreme poopsockers would be split up. Maybe raiding would be better then, too.