PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of new server, economics

schnickusaurus
10-28-2016, 02:47 AM
Here are some arguments of what will likely happen when/if new server is released:

Will it merge eventually with blue? Yes they have said. Sleeper is a problem then. Could be dealt with somehow I guess. But its still a technical problem perhaps affecting the timing of merge.

A new green (assuming future merge) would most likely mean:

blue population decreases between 51-99%
The gold (lockets,manastones,fungus staff,etc) is at green so gold diggers move there. Most people are greedy, therefore minimum 51+% move.
Move with the crowd mentality in addition to probably the strongest 'EQ is dead without the people'-argument further increases the % up to close 100% however below 100% because:
Some people are not greedy, and prefer open content so these will then stay since above arguments do not apply, hence maximum 99% move.

How will this affect markets? Huge volatility, in short run major crash due to sell off, in long run illiquid market , high price spreads although most prices will drop. Biggest hits might be on the wealthy ones holding alot of items, however once the selloff has happened prices should stabilize

The nr 1 losing item: Sceptre of Destruction which could loose as much as 5-7 million plat in value (somehow I like this..:p /rude Awakened)
The nr 2 losing item: Fungus Staff which could lose half its value over 1million plat
The nr 3 losing item: Locket of Escape since it depends on high server population
The nr 4 losing item: Rod of Anahil. (Who cares)
The nr 5 losing item: Manastone (uber twink item still so could remain high value)

Velious items? No idea, removed ones could remain strong, for awhile at least. Im probably gonna hold on to my velious removed items as its a loooong time until a new velious era will show up.
Velious droppables will crash hard, aaaaall of them, supply will remain same. Buyers are gone. Simple supply and demand here.

schnickusaurus
10-28-2016, 03:00 AM
Id like to point out that I have been quite accurate earlier in predictions, examples like the overpriced velious release prices for items like frostbringer, enthropy thingy, club of ice ocean etc -- also predicted correctly Wavecrasher to become worst investment (predicted drop from 200k+ down to 50k). Also been very successful predicting 40k on Fungi .

There are cases where im incorrect, like CoF id think it would go down to 65k but it actually went up. So im not flawless and this is only speculation. Yaya now you know.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-28-2016, 03:18 AM
Why not impose new code on a new server? For example, triple the amount of exp required after lvl 50? Greatly reduce drop rate of manastones? Make it so after lvl 40, you lose two levels at death?

Why not have fun with stuff, in other words? Captive audience, etc.

Izmael
10-28-2016, 04:06 AM
TLDR: if green merges to blue, blue legacy items will become (temporarily) cheaper.

Whodathunk

fugazi
10-28-2016, 04:09 AM
A crowd of adventurers and worn-out raiders will move on over permanently. Lots of people will give it a shot, but realize they miss the ease and comfort of p99 blue. Dial a Port, their army of well geared characters, the many raid guilds .. and of course, the idea that with an exodus there will now be room at the top. Which there wont be. But it will draw quite a few hardcore players to stay on Blue.

I think the new server would first boom, then fizzle off and then settle on a lower but comfortable player count then Blue. Most people only got stuff to lose when moving. Dont underestimate how conservative and fearful of change people are ;)

Swish
10-28-2016, 04:32 AM
Keep an eye on the OP Braknar, he's quite likely to be heading to the cashier's window at some point.

fan D
10-28-2016, 04:54 AM
OP once went full assbergers on me because he was AFK in Dreadlands at the KC zoneline, and as I ran into KC I dragged the two Drolvarg mobs and they killed him

(((he is retarded)))

Lhancelot
10-28-2016, 10:54 AM
OP once went full assbergers on me because he was AFK in Dreadlands at the KC zoneline, and as I ran into KC I dragged the two Drolvarg mobs and they killed him

(((he is retarded)))

You trained a guy, and it pissed him off.

Superiority complex much?

Spyder73
10-28-2016, 11:17 AM
OP - no one but you and maybe 10 other people on the server care about the EC fat cat scene. You are playing on a full expressed, time locked progression server. The only players who want your crap are new people who can't afford it.

fadetree
10-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Actually, shit's cheap. You can get geared way better for 10k now than you could 2 years ago.

indiscriminate_hater
10-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Man if only you could somehow apply this in real life OP

Lhancelot
10-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Man if only you could somehow apply this in real life OP

haha. Maybe the OP is secretly Bill Gates! You never know... :cool:

maskedmelon
10-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Sell off don't make sense if you anticipate everyone leaving. Why sell your stuff if you are going to leave? Why sell your stuff if you think everyone else will leave?

Swish
10-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Theres only one reason he'd sell everything, I'd be watching him like a hawk if I were Braknar :p

surron
10-28-2016, 02:39 PM
merging 2 server's databases probably way too much effort so I doubt the staff ever does that

schnickusaurus
11-07-2016, 07:27 PM
They have to merge -- cuz EQ is dead without the people

ericthemighty
11-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Actually, shit's cheap. You can get geared way better for 10k now than you could 2 years ago.

I've got 400plat saved, im lvl 28. Make me beautiful

Swish
11-07-2016, 08:00 PM
"paint me like one of your tunnel peasant customers"

fadetree
11-07-2016, 10:05 PM
I've got 400plat saved, im lvl 28. Make me beautiful

Let me know when you've got 10k, and I will.

Andos
11-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Actually it would likely go the other direction, all of the mentioned items become super rare because now they're sitting on unplayed characters. Stuff that no longer drops would definitely not become more common all of a sudden because people leave the server, a lot of people that quit or move would save it for a merge making it even less common to see the stuff on the marketplace. Granted a lot of the platinum on the server would share the same fate, but anyone that has one of those items is going to hang onto them.