PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Event 2016

Braknar
10-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Yup that's right boys n girls, we have a Halloween event in store for you all. It will be on Monday the 31st beginning at approx. 8pm EST. Give or take some unknown amount of time. You'll know when it is starting.

Hope to see you all there!

Fleetwood
10-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Woot, can't wait!

Sorn
10-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Weeeeeeee!

Vilkata
10-30-2016, 09:26 PM
scarecrow clickie mask plz )

Braknar
10-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Actually, it'll just be a massive troll, and the quest NPCs will do nothing but teleport you to random places.

Is he kidding... or not..?!

Braknar
10-30-2016, 09:38 PM
All I will say (which I just said in the Discord) is that this event will have at least some aspect for all levels. The completion reward will be tiered based upon how much of the event you complete.

big_ole_jpn
10-30-2016, 09:50 PM
lol

fan D
10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
everyone congrats on your fbss, thick banded belts, shiny metallic robes, and the token dark elf guise for a random level 19 shitter that will quit the game before level 30

big_ole_jpn
10-30-2016, 10:24 PM
everyone congrats on your fbss, thick banded belts, shiny metallic robes, and the token dark elf guise for a random level 19 shitter that will quit the game before level 30

I suspect you are overestimating the payouts by quite a bit

Bristlebaner
10-31-2016, 12:30 AM
Still love when someone gifted FreddieG the guise on his halfling cleric. Wtb guise on dark elf rogue please. Lulz.

Gumbo
10-31-2016, 12:37 AM

Unless the prizes are items that you mentioned then I have a feeling that a lot of people aren't even going to bother with this event. Once they find out what prizes are handed out then they'll decide if they want to do it or not?

I hope I'm wrong but it's the greed of the game...

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 12:40 AM
Unless the prizes are items that you mentioned then I have a feeling that a lot of people aren't even going to bother with this event. Once they find out what prizes are handed out then they'll decide if they want to do it or not?

I hope I'm wrong but it's the greed of the game...

Pretty sure the idea is to not tell people what could be won. Greed works both ways too, not knowing and thinking what might be a prize can easily motivate the greedy.

Aata
10-31-2016, 06:42 AM
Looking forward to a fun event with pals, that everyone can get involved in :)

Comoc1
10-31-2016, 10:01 AM
lol I can't wait been really looking forward to this!

Last year Jeromey of Asgard got the title "the Fear Walker", I believe, that alone makes it worth participating.

Valrok
10-31-2016, 10:09 AM
Braknar, Thanks for putting this together for the playerbase. Could I ask how long you think it will last? I would like to attempt to plan my night to be on for some of it if possible.

Keary
10-31-2016, 11:24 AM
People are moaning about the prizes already? How about... have fun?

Braknar
10-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Braknar, Thanks for putting this together for the playerbase. Could I ask how long you think it will last? I would like to attempt to plan my night to be on for some of it if possible.

My plan is for it to be up for 6ish hours. We'll see how the night goes.

Harmonicdeth
10-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Legit question, why so late? Or early for the west coasters I guess. Just kinda bummed if its 6 hours long and starts at 9pm my time I won't be able to finish it.

Braknar
10-31-2016, 12:24 PM
Er no sorry, it shouldn't take you 6 hours, just that it'll be up and doable for 6 hours.

Edit: Perhaps longer. We will have a good deal of visibility into how many people have completed, and how much they complete. If it seems that folks are taking longer than expected we can leave it up for longer.

Murri
10-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Damn I wish I could take part in this. Moving sucks!

Dreenk317
10-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Yay, now just need to get home from work early and hope the wifes asleep so i can participate lol.

And thanks Braknar and whoever else helped out, appreciate the hard work and time.

raato
10-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Is it worth staying awake from 2am to 8am or further? :p

Braknar
10-31-2016, 01:39 PM
I like to think it will be a fun event. I've put a TON of work into the code, and the writing of it.

So here's hoping it goes off like I planned. heh.

snead
10-31-2016, 01:43 PM
I like to think it will be a fun event. I've put a TON of work into the code, and the writing of it.

So here's hoping it goes off like I planned. heh.

any hints? i should be running and getting home at around 5:30PM PST and not sure what I should do since my main character is camped in TOV. I just hope that the event is self explanatory since we all aren't aware what the objectives are.

Braknar
10-31-2016, 01:45 PM
any hints? i should be running and getting home at around 5:30PM PST and not sure what I should do since my main character is camped in TOV. I just hope that the event is self explanatory since we all aren't aware what the objectives are.

You will see :)

No hints though.

Comoc1
10-31-2016, 02:03 PM
You want a hint? If you aren't a Wizard or Druid, you should be hanging out with one tonight.

dbouya
10-31-2016, 02:11 PM
You want a hint? If you aren't a Wizard or Druid, you should be hanging out with one tonight.

That is one thing I hate about events like these, I am not a wizard or druid and don't really like playing either. I understand though it would be too hard to run a half dozen events in parallel around the world.

Probably don't have time to get to level 40 on a druid in the next 6 hours, specially since I don't know how to play one, and the server just shut down.

Lightangel
10-31-2016, 02:16 PM
definitely many looking forward to it...so yea thanks for hard work... and lots lots of writing lol

Sorn
10-31-2016, 02:18 PM
Once I get back from terrifying neighborhood children (probably 2-3 hours into the event), I'll be forming a group with any random DoF members + innocent bystanders I find and streaming on the DoF twitch channel (http://twitch.tv/p99dof)! We might not complete the event or even demonstrate basic competence at EverQuest but by golly we're gonna try!

dirtynumbangel333
10-31-2016, 02:21 PM
really???? only 6 hours?

People do have jobs.
You could have made it 24 hours. :/

Braknar
10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
really???? only 6 hours?

People do have jobs.

We will be playing it by ear. We have lots of visibility into how many are able to complete it, and will adjust the duration accordingly.

dbouya
10-31-2016, 02:23 PM
really???? only 6 hours?

People do have jobs.

This isn't a new zone file or whatever like in modern mmo's a GM volunteer will be monitoring and controlling the changes live via gm commands.

He's not an android, he'll get tired.

Assuming it's anything like past years that is.

DukeTravi
10-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Is there any timetable for when the servers will back online? I know you stated the event will start around 8pm est. But, curious if the game will be playable before the event begins. Thanks for putting together the event!

fugazi
10-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Ouch. It starts at 2am CET and ends at 8am. I do like me some P1999, but I'm afraid this is a bit too much x'D

Braknar
10-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Is there any timetable for when the servers will back online? I know you stated the event will start around 8pm est. But, curious if the game will be playable before the event begins. Thanks for putting together the event!

Servers will be back before the event, yes.

CheeseRoll
10-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Happy Halloween

Get that candy for your kids first, than log on and get your candy ingame.

http://i.imgur.com/cVLUlke.jpg

Cheers everyone.

phobus
10-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks Braknar. I'm not sure if I'll be around long enough to complete it, but regardless, these events are always enjoyable.

dirtynumbangel333
10-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Ouch. It starts at 2am CET and ends at 8am. I do like me some P1999, but I'm afraid this is a bit too much x'D

Once a year events should be tailored so that the entire community has an opportunity to enjoy them.

For the future perhaps consider custom content to patch in for events, for a day, rather than GM / Guides leading events for a set time frame.

I really wish I could participate, and i'm not the only one that will miss this due to RL.

I literally get out of work 2 hours before the end of the event :/
Don't get me wrong; Thank you guys for your hard work, dedication, and creativity.
It is appreciated for sure.

Braknar
10-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Once a year events should be tailored so that the entire community has an opportunity to enjoy them.

For the future perhaps consider custom content to patch in for events, for a day, rather than GM / Guides leading events for a set time frame.

I really wish I could participate, and i'm not the only one that will miss this due to RL.

I literally get out of work 2 hours before the end of the event :/
Don't get me wrong; Thank you guys for your hard work, dedication, and creativity.
It is appreciated for sure.

Ya it's a difficult thing of course. We want the most people to be able to participate. On the other hand, if we make the rewards nice we don't want people to be able to just sit there and farm it for 24 hours either.

It's a tough balance.

deadlycupcakez
10-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Haynes Braknar!! Will the event be playable on RED as well? ☺️

FatMice
10-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Ya it's a difficult thing of course. We want the most people to be able to participate. On the other hand, if we make the rewards nice we don't want people to be able to just sit there and farm it for 24 hours either.

It's a tough balance.

Account based lore items for special server events?

Braknar
10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Haynes Braknar!! Will the event be playable on RED as well? ☺️

Yup.

Freakish
10-31-2016, 02:42 PM
Account based lore items for special server events?

Quest turn in that drops your faction to indifferent from ally and there's no way to get it back up. Require ally for quest turn ins.

dirtynumbangel333
10-31-2016, 02:43 PM

It's a tough balance.

That is quite a valid point, thank you for taking the time to make that clear. :)
You guys really do rock for all that you do.

Heygnomee
10-31-2016, 02:43 PM

It's a tough balance.

Seems like there'd be much better ways to prevent this.

Thanks anyway, I guess

Braknar
10-31-2016, 02:45 PM
Quest turn in that drops your faction to indifferent from ally and there's no way to get it back up. Require ally for quest turn ins.

Except faction isn't stored per-account it's per-char.

Believe me, I've thought of lots. Even if we did an account-based lockout, not hard to make a new account.

Kans
10-31-2016, 02:51 PM
Hi

I'm pleased for the community generally, that there is a special event taking place. That it will give players the opportunity to do something different from a typical gaming session in the world of EQ.

Recognise, that a significant portion of the playerbase is in the American timezone band.

However, this event has done two things.
1 - server downtime to prepare, prime time playing for europe.
2 - event taking place well after midnight in europe, when most will be sleeping ( school or work next day.. )

... so europe timezone players lose out on regular gaming for an evening and unable to take part in the event.

On the flip side though from the community view.
I noticed several guilds did their own events over the weekend. Dial-A-Port being one, that were giving items to low level characters in various starting zones. Along with quadrupling the normal player count in Crushbone for a while too.

All in all. You can't please everybody. I just hope those that are around, do take advantage of the hardwork that's gone in to make the project 99 event worthwhile. That europe (and other timezones) have suffered a downtime to make it available for you in your prime time play slots.

I think there is another screen I can look at now, think it's called.. television.
Enjoy Halloween all, wherever you are and the festivities it brings.
See you in game in November. :)

-Kans.

dbouya
10-31-2016, 02:52 PM
I have three accounts, one character of every class, and a mule to sit in the EC tunnel. I don't use them to cheat, I just figured I'd grab some free character slots. I imagine a lot of people do it that way.

Pumpedup
10-31-2016, 02:53 PM
braknar, thank you for caring about red enough to do this

those who have been here since beta appreciate any staff support regardless of the event outcome, prizes and or time limits.

elwing
10-31-2016, 02:54 PM
My plan is for it to be up for 6ish hours. We'll see how the night goes.

nice for my timezone... it gonna be up from 1am to 7am, having to leave at 5am for work, all I'll see of that event is the downtime prior to the event... It's classic experience, no GM event for us...

don't misunderstand me, I appreciate all your hardwork, but it's just annoying to have all the issue but none of the reward of the event...

Rogean
10-31-2016, 03:02 PM
Hi

I'm pleased for the community generally, that there is a special event taking place. That it will give players the opportunity to do something different from a typical gaming session in the world of EQ.

Recognise, that a significant portion of the playerbase is in the American timezone band.

2 - event taking place well after midnight in europe, when most will be sleeping ( school or work next day.. )

... so europe timezone players lose out on regular gaming for an evening and unable to take part in the event.

I noticed several guilds did their own events over the weekend. Dial-A-Port being one, that were giving items to low level characters in various starting zones. Along with quadrupling the normal player count in Crushbone for a while too.

All in all. You can't please everybody. I just hope those that are around, do take advantage of the hardwork that's gone in to make the project 99 event worthwhile. That europe (and other timezones) have suffered a downtime to make it available for you in your prime time play slots.

I think there is another screen I can look at now, think it's called.. television.

-Kans.

I'm sorry that conditions are not ideal for you, but you have to understand a few points:

1. The server is run and owned in North America.
2. The majority of the player base is in North America.

The person running this event (Braknar) has to plan to do so around his own schedule including Work and Family. The person patching the server (Me) has to also balance it around Work and other IRL Commitments. I do my best to make all downtime occur late at night to affect as little people as possible, and at the only time of the week that I can effectively do so given a normal weekly sleep schedule (typically on the weekends). That simply wasn't possible this past weekend and while I don't like to patch during the day as I mentioned, it's better than no event at all.

Unfortunately, I think you're just going to have to accept the fact that the conditions will not always be ideal for those playing outside NA.

remen
10-31-2016, 03:05 PM
I'd just like to echo the thanks for all the hard work people put into this on their free time. It's never possible to make something perfect for everyone but you guys have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into creating something fun for the server, so thanks!

dbouya
10-31-2016, 03:06 PM
@Rogean
Praise be to the Omnissiah

Baler
10-31-2016, 03:18 PM
Please allow me to ask the ageless question.

1.25x exp tonight?

Kans
10-31-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry that conditions are not ideal for you, but you have to understand a few points:

1. The server is run and owned in North America.
2. The majority of the player base is in North America.

snip

Unfortunately, I think you're just going to have to accept the fact that the conditions will not always be ideal for those playing outside NA.

Conditions may not be ideal for this event, along with the downtime beforehand.
But, the euro-zone does get its quiet times, later weekend mornings where many over the pond are heading for sleep. Many camp spots are open and little need for 'adding to list' to wait and join group. Opportunity to go for named mobs for loots or quest activities.

I wasn't posting to complain, but more to recognise what is going on - having come to the forum to find out why server was taken down in prime-time slot for Europe evening play.

It was with sincerity I wished for those who can play, do take advantage of the efforts made by those who prepared it, and delivering it. Along with the sacrifice made in downtime that prevents others from playing.

Also to give a shout out to the player ran events over the weekend - as that really got me thinking about community and how good it is etc.

In short - I'm no unhappy, grumpy about it - off to find dinner, feet up and watch tv.. let EQ for another day.

Thx for taking time out to reply to my post - appreciated.

jarlerop
10-31-2016, 04:44 PM
So the server is down during the only time i can play in order to host an event starting at 2am. Great.

Edit: Im dumb.

Nisei
10-31-2016, 05:30 PM
Will a level 30 be able to do this

StinkyGreenBud
10-31-2016, 05:31 PM
Will it be more a solo experience or can we form groups with our friends? Or will that not work? Just not enough info on this but i'm looking forward to it.

Swish
10-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Please allow me to ask the ageless question.

1.25x exp tonight?

The staff have kindly switched on 1.5x XP on red, start your journeys today.

Kilimarr
10-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Will a level 30 be able to do this

I hope so.. My highest isi lvl 35 hehe

Baler
10-31-2016, 07:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GjMiyZr.gif

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Braknar, if you could...

Would you go to this event on a lowbie, a middle leveled toon, or a 60?

Kowalski
10-31-2016, 07:46 PM

Thulack
10-31-2016, 07:49 PM
Braknar, if you could...

Would you go to this event on a lowbie, a middle leveled toon, or a 60?

As with other GM events a toon that can travel quickly is usually the best option unless you have a certain toon that you would want stuff awarded on.(i'm sure they would give you a option of toons if it was something really special like a DE mask). Good luck, Hapy Halloween and have fun guys. I'm bored but not bored enough to log in...I dont need anymore Guises :P

Nairb1
10-31-2016, 09:05 PM
Thx for the event and all but its terrible. reminds me why i dont do them

Swish
10-31-2016, 09:13 PM
Thx for the event and all but its terrible. reminds me why i dont do them

Ingrates

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 09:23 PM
i'm having a great time

there is some nice writing.

basically you travel to a bunch of NPCs in different parts of Norrath and say BOO.

meatspin
10-31-2016, 09:26 PM
where is fizzble spatz?? akanon??

Dinbin
10-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Note: be careful if bound at a place where you'd be KOS in the various illusion forms... can enter death loop.

ZiggyTheMuss
10-31-2016, 09:36 PM
Hi

-Kans.

No one cares about Europe...

USA! USA! USA!

Aussie
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
No one cares about Europe...

USA! USA! USA!

Correction:

"No one cares about anywhere except USA...."

I have long suffered patch's and extended downtimes in primary playtimes. The joys of not living in the US.

Hope you all enjoy this event :)

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Damn, this is a great quest/treasure hunt styled event! I really wish the event was left to run till tomorrow, there's no way I am going to be able to complete it. Such a late start, and aggro is hitting hard here at home.

Well, good luck to those who finish it, and I can't wait to hear what the ending has in store for you!

Thanks Braknar. It's apparent a lot of effort and work was put into it, I appreciate you and all your effort into giving the P99 community something fun to do on Halloween.

Very cool.

Planes
10-31-2016, 10:27 PM
Stuck in a Loop as a Werewolf in Freeport. I died 6 times before I had to force close EQ. Please fix the animation to drop after one death or there will be a truck load of corpses to the roof in Freeport bank.

dbouya
10-31-2016, 10:30 PM
who are the four to say cazic too?

also i won't make it in time, please extend a few hours, running without ports is slow

Einies
10-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Stuck in a Loop as a Werewolf in Freeport. I died 6 times before I had to force close EQ. Please fix the animation to drop after one death or there will be a truck load of corpses to the roof in Freeport bank.
Same here I also got stuck in a death loop after getting killed in Surefall as a werewolf. I'm sad that I couldn't finish this quest as it was pretty fun.

Dinbin
10-31-2016, 10:46 PM
Anybody know when the illusions wear off?

Dantel
10-31-2016, 10:48 PM
Same here I also got stuck in a death loop after getting killed in Surefall as a werewolf. I'm sad that I couldn't finish this quest as it was pretty fun.

If you're dying it's because of your normal class/race, not because of the illusion.

Planes
10-31-2016, 10:52 PM
really? i'm bound in freeport. I am amiable as a half elf Bard.

Its most definitely the werewolf illusion.

deadlycupcakez
10-31-2016, 10:53 PM
what do we say to the fear portal guy? :[

booleansphinx
10-31-2016, 10:55 PM
If you're dying it's because of your normal class/race, not because of the illusion.

My Wood Elf is getting killed in Freeport, and he's not KOS to guards. I also spent about 30 mins sitting next to them waiting for the bind - so you're wrong.

Einies
10-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Halfling Druids aren't KoS in Surefall or Sister Island where I am bound and yet I am attacked on sight. Even Halfling guards were KoS to me when they weren't yesterday.

Saker
10-31-2016, 10:58 PM
too little time to have any chance of completing as a person who has to go to work.

Bristlebaner
10-31-2016, 10:59 PM
too little time to have any chance of completing as a person who has to go to work.

That's Everquest summarized.

FatMice
10-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Anyone streaming this?

Dantel
10-31-2016, 11:24 PM
The mass amount of people spamming the quest npc made it really hard to tell what needed to be said. So not knowing there was a list or more to do I formally completed, only to find out more needed to be done.

I don't know how you could fix that, except for maybe having more quest npcs around, because the small amount you had were swarmed by players.

And like real candy corn the stuff you handed out gets stored and forgotten about for life.

2/10

Nisei
10-31-2016, 11:48 PM
I got 9 NPC's on my 30 Necro then stopped giving a crap.

10/10

ThePeoplesBard
10-31-2016, 11:57 PM
I heard the Level-Up victory music with each of the first 12 NPCs, but must not have gotten the faction because the Skelly near Fear zone in didn't want to talk to me. Ugh.

Still had a blast, though. Thanks, GMs!

Shweet
11-01-2016, 12:00 AM
Got pretty much completed on my warrior. Was running to finish the last mob in LoIO before the call for tier5 rewards being reduced. Had been solo running it as a warrior since the event had released. Pretty bummed that because I didn't tryhard with selos/porters attached to the hip I wasn't able to get the top rewards..
Apparently letting Braknar know that this felt quite underwhelming..(even sorry, was the word I used to describe it.) Seemed to make braknar angry, threatening a suspension and promptly after me responding lol to that threat i got DC'd and returned to a dead warrior at his bind... Fun times..being that I was in the tunnel to FV from DL I can only assume I was deathtouched.

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 12:01 AM
The quest was well fun, now if only the final completition didn't bug out for me ;) I got the trumpet sound but no item (no lore message either) and not even candy after doing all 16 mobs (5 minutes before the tier5 rewards were removed).

Just waiting for a reply on my petition now.

shwiglet
11-01-2016, 12:04 AM
p99 event as usual - garbage

Nisei
11-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Got pretty much completed on my warrior. Was running to finish the last mob in LoIO before the call for tier5 rewards being reduced. Had been solo running it as a warrior since the event had released. Pretty bummed that because I didn't tryhard with selos/porters attached to the hip I wasn't able to get the top rewards..
Apparently letting Braknar know that this felt quite underwhelming..(even sorry, was the word I used to describe it.) Seemed to make braknar angry, threatening a suspension and promptly after me responding lol to that threat i got DC'd and returned to a dead warrior at his bind... Fun times..being that I was in the tunnel to FV from DL I can only assume I was deathtouched.

popcorn

Vigilance
11-01-2016, 12:10 AM
I got killed by a woodelf as my woodelf druid and I'm bound in NFP bank and got stuck in a death loop because the illusion doesn't drop when you die. If you get turned into a werewolf when you go to start the quest you should probably just log out because I think it's bugged and makes you KOS to most npcs.

Vallanor
11-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Had a great time running around with a group of guildies. Saw some elder beads linked, a peggy cloak, a ToV ring (!!), and wound up getting a rubicite breastplate myself. Thanks for putting this on!

Sadiki
11-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Finished 16/16, but couldn't get a tier 5 reward because I stopped to help people and didn't make the time limit. Not sure why I got penalized for that, and I barely missed it too.

Edit: Event was fun though, just too reliant on ports imo. And I think the spider/ice giant hint at the end should have been Permafrost.

deadlycupcakez
11-01-2016, 12:31 AM
i received a rubi helm after 16/16 - pras braknar!!

maskedmelon
11-01-2016, 12:38 AM
I had a lot of fun with this. Just barely missed out on the T5 reduction dealio. Would have been nice to know ahead of time, how much time we had so we could have managed, but otherwise happy with the even ^^

I just needed like a few more minutes though!!!! ;n;

Had fun though ^^

meatspin
11-01-2016, 12:50 AM
any help with the spide/ice giant hint? is it perma? velks?

Salahdin
11-01-2016, 12:51 AM
any help with the spide/ice giant hint? is it perma? velks?

Kael, @ Nobles

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Glad to read the feed back here.

Basically, I saw this year's event as version 2.0 of last year (if I do another, it will NOT be this same format with the NPC scavenger hunt).

From my side, sorry we knocked the loot tier down, but I hadn't added any sort of auto-limiter on the loot. Tier5 loot was some REAL nice things (potentially holgresh elder beads). As we saw how much tier5 loor was flying out, we needed to limit it.

Anyway, I'll go over my logs here and toss up a post by the numbers (who did what/etc).

Hope everyone had fun, feel free to leave constructive feedback!

Cygenx
11-01-2016, 01:28 AM
DO petitions for lore items go to forums or in game?

Kodim
11-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Getting no item because it was Lore is the real issue here imo.

Not sure how you work around that though.

Sadiki
11-01-2016, 01:37 AM
I'm curious how they're going to handle participation in the raid fights because the NK one is just constant desync/LD for me and the group I was trying to buff is gone.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:41 AM
If you got no item due to lore, petition in game OR forums please. But NOT both.

Thanks.

Ciroco
11-01-2016, 01:56 AM
What factors into someone being susceptible to desyncing?

Vallanor
11-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Getting no item because it was Lore is the real issue here imo.

Not sure how you work around that though.

Petition it. They said they'd get you an item.

Sallan
11-01-2016, 02:00 AM
If you got no item due to lore, petition in game OR forums please. But NOT both.

Thanks.

There was also an issue with the script being bugged by responding "Formally completed" and not getting anything upon finishing 16 npc's and also turning in the book. Will those get reimbursed?

skarlorn
11-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Dear Braknar,

Thank you for taking the time to make us our very own Halloween event. It all felt really smooth (except for the clusterf*ck in NK when 200 ppl were hailing the fear monger for a 3 part quest dialogue). I have to say I enjoyed some of your writing. It was quite funny!

I enjoyed reading the book. I think most of the clues were good and I felt rewarded due to having a deep knowledge of the world.

I had a couple of thoughts...

1. Ultimately, it was super repetitive to run from place to place typing BOO!

2. Reliance on a porting class to accomplish objectives chafes my nards

3. Grindiness of the quest in general.

I didn't have time to accomplish all 12 of the first list. I got to 10 before I left for dinner. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow and it will still be up to finish out the rest and see what the prize is.

Thanks a lot for putting this together.

Gumbo
11-01-2016, 02:22 AM
How do you finish this event?

I completed all 12 names and I wanted to get the ripped page so I was told where I needed to go. I hailed the 'a fear caller' and he just asked me what I wanted?

I tried every word and combination of words and nothing has worked? What am I doing wrong here?

I also want to add that I wasn't the only one who was hailing him and nothing they typed work as well.

Teeroyoyort
11-01-2016, 02:26 AM
Great job p1999 team! It was tons of fun!

Trollhide
11-01-2016, 02:27 AM
This was a lot of fun, I took my girl trick or treating in the middle of it so I missed out on the big items, but I ended up with a bracer of the hidden for 14/16 and promptly traded for someones gazughi ring. First event I have had the chance to participate in, thanks for setting it up p99 staff :)

TeemoOfAstora
11-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Much better than last year's in many ways (more time, better rewards, big ol' fights). The rewards were real neato too! I got a circlet, but my friend got one of them fancy ToV rings, and there was talk of beads too. The fights were pure chaos, with the NK one particularly so. The bar for next year has been decidedly raised. Bravo Braknar & pals.

Nephlite
11-01-2016, 02:32 AM
I spent most the fight in NK Lagging out and de-synced. I toss one heal, Spell gems lock up, After while I LDed, came back was able to try and throw a dot on the boss LD'ed. Logged out to try and Re-sync. before the MOB died I crashed to Log in screen 4 times, then Got a zone unavailable before i was able to get back in. if i'm not edible for the raffle because of things that are out of my control i'm going to be pissed

Sadiki
11-01-2016, 02:38 AM
How do you finish this event?

I completed all 12 names and I wanted to get the ripped page so I was told where I needed to go. I hailed the 'a fear caller' and he just asked me what I wanted?
The correct order of events is:
> Ask the NPC about the list being incomplete
> He tells you to go find the fear NPC and ask him about the four
> Fear NPC tells you the last four riddles

Dreenk317
11-01-2016, 03:17 AM
i just wish i had more time!! didnt get started till 30 minutes before it ends lol. Having ablast real fast at the end though, tyvm devs and Braknar

Diulay
11-01-2016, 03:21 AM
I cannot participate the event due to not living in USA timezone.
May I ask what items did you guys get?

Grats on the items everyone!

Gumbo
11-01-2016, 03:36 AM
The correct order of events is:
> Ask the NPC about the list being incomplete
> He tells you to go find the fear NPC and ask him about the four
> Fear NPC tells you the last four riddles

I tried this and it still didn't work...

I was lucky enough that I went to Lesser Faydark and someone mentioned one of the final four locations to me, so I was able to grab #13 and got a Goblin Gazughi Ring. I always wanted one of these rings and I'm sure doing this event to get it was easier then camping for it.

Overall, I had a cool time with the event except for the frustration of the wording not working for me and having the feeling that it was more leaning toward high level players in the end. I'm pretty high level and I was even saying that I don't feel like looking for a "Rez" just for a prize.

zati
11-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Such a great event..! Thank yall so much for puttin the time and effort into it.

titanshub
11-01-2016, 03:47 AM
Holy crap this was fun. My entire guild enjoyed the chaos and running around trying to do all the turn ins and the rewards were pretty fantastic. Great job :)

Xanderfield
11-01-2016, 03:49 AM
This was a very well put together fun event, loot was amazing as well as the fun had.

Thank you very much for this event!

<3 <3 <3

Duane
11-01-2016, 03:53 AM
Good times in NK
http://i.imgur.com/lV6b39j.jpg

Dreenk317
11-01-2016, 04:10 AM
apparently i did have more time lol, 45 minutes past end time and still going, i couldve finished lol, oh well.

Skew
11-01-2016, 07:08 AM
On balance fun times.Well done Braknar , thanks for the effort.

(even though 5/6 of us in Raev's group derped it and couldn't complete the 16/16!!)

Tetsuo
11-01-2016, 07:32 AM
I love these gm events but as a newbie to the p99 I had a lot of problems with this event
1. Being kos to my bind point
2. Unable to turn off illusion
I also was unable to procure a port which put me at a huge disadvantage comparing to many other people. Next time please do the opposite and make any illusion indifferent to guards or some kind of in invis to help with npcs 30 or more lvls above lower lvls.

Let's see how trolls celebrate thanks giving with their spare parts cooking
And how iksar deliver Christmass presents hint hint

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 07:43 AM
The being kos to iksar shadowknights wasnt fun indeed when I tried taking a shortcut to FoB mob via a TL to bind :P

But hey, it gave for an interesting experience, trying to CR yourself from your own city haha. Therefore, I still stand by the 'Most fun event that I had' statement that I made earlier (just waiting for my reward still heh).

maskedmelon
11-01-2016, 08:02 AM
Glad to read the feed back here.

Basically, I saw this year's event as version 2.0 of last year (if I do another, it will NOT be this same format with the NPC scavenger hunt).

From my side, sorry we knocked the loot tier down, but I hadn't added any sort of auto-limiter on the loot. Tier5 loot was some REAL nice things (potentially holgresh elder beads). As we saw how much tier5 loor was flying out, we needed to limit it.

Anyway, I'll go over my logs here and toss up a post by the numbers (who did what/etc).

Hope everyone had fun, feel free to leave constructive feedback!

Yeah, I TOTALLY understand on the loot reduction. The T5 stuff really was super nice and definitely have to limit how much goes out ^^ Jist a little obligatory pouting here lol. The T4 items were real nice too and I got something useful so am pretty darn happy about it ^^

Looking forward to next one (if you do another^^). Thanks!

Dinbin
11-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Logged in this morning and I'm still a werewolf... how do I get rid of the illusion? I've got quests to do! :D

Edit: Managed to clear it by going tree form then dropping that.

Kaight
11-01-2016, 09:06 AM
When there was an announcement ~11:30pm to say "complete the task" as opposed to "formally complete" due to an error in code, what did this mean? Was there a difference in rewards for saying one vs. the other when you had met all 16 NPCS?

I hit all 16, said "I formally complete the task," and got a Rubicite Breastplate but have friends who either got nothing (they petitioned) or got a "can of whoop ass" despite doing the whole thing together. Just wondering if the final phrase had anything to do with this.

Valrok
11-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Yep, same here. I completed all 16, logged in this morning and had a "can o woop ass". Was that one of the 16/16 prizes?

Smaxx
11-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Did a bunch last night and had to camp for work. Got on this morning and noticed it was still going, so I thought I'd get some more. Then all of the sudden it was done, never got to turn in my progress. That sucked.

Triiz
11-01-2016, 09:17 AM
i received a rubi helm after 16/16 - pras braknar!!

Was really hoping receiving a helm with the same stats as Fine Steel (Rubicite helm) for 16/16 was because I had a lore item. Guess not. It's a good reward for people who are into making their mules the most fashionable people in the tunnel, as for the rest of us...

Live and learn, was my first gm event in 15 years. Think I'll take advantage of the open camps for the next one.

That said, thanks for putting the time in guys. Seemed like it must've been very time consuming to put together.

Twochain
11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
I'll personally train anybody talking shit on the Halloween event.

Wasn't able to make it, had to take my little doc mcstuffins trick or treating, but the screenshots look fun! Thank you for the event :)

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 10:18 AM
When there was an announcement ~11:30pm to say "complete the task" as opposed to "formally complete" due to an error in code, what did this mean? Was there a difference in rewards for saying one vs. the other when you had met all 16 NPCS?

I hit all 16, said "I formally complete the task," and got a Rubicite Breastplate but have friends who either got nothing (they petitioned) or got a "can of whoop ass" despite doing the whole thing together. Just wondering if the final phrase had anything to do with this.

That you would get the trumpets, finish quest but get nothing (no items, no candy). I am affected by that bug for instance.

Daldaen
11-01-2016, 10:44 AM
I liked the raid fight that you scripted up. Way better than Velious raid content.

A few comments on it:

The 2 specters that healed the boss had wayyyy too much HP. You were far better off allowing them to heal the boss up and kite the boss at 100% then kill the specters rather than try to offtank the boss while burning down the specters. This is probably the biggest thing. Had their HP been cut down to 5% or 10% of what it was, the event would've proceeded with a lot more fluidity, rather than stalling out while you slowly kill these thifling focuser clones.

The permarooted skeleton archers I only saw in the LFay version, but I think those should've hit a bit harder. Or maybe proc'd a stun on your casters to make them really annoying if left alone.

The cultists that spawned at the end were great, but it would've been cool if those were a timed spawn after reaching a certain percentage so that you would've gotten overwhelmed with adds, rather than a 1-time spawn. Actually stress some amount of crowd control in the raid while still burning down the boss.

The boss overall was pretty good in terms of melee capability and AE Fear (though as we all know AE fear on this server is very unclassic). I think adding a small AE DD like a Vox or Naggy type one would've helped counteract a Zerg style offensive.

If you could make the change to the specter HP (or add some other way to CC them like kiting, mezzing, charming, fearing, blinding or rooting) and maybe make the adds a little more formidable... This would be an excellent addition to the game in custom content. Throw a 1ish week spawn on him, a zone wide shout when he spawns, throw an FTE message on him and have him drop a guise or a manastone or a set of Holgresh elder beads... Something not exceedingly rare but still removed from game, that would be superb.

#MakeP99GreatAgain

Faulken
11-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Had a lot of fun doing the event itself, thanks devs for putting in the hard work to make it happen!

Now for the "constructive" criticism: finishing 5 min too late for t5 and then getting a useless 2nd pegi cloak was a huge letdown, maybe next time let people know they need to rush it if they want anything good instead of dropping a bomb 5 minutes prior?

kmr526
11-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Was the Can o` Whoop Ass the only trick reward for the event? Everything else seemed pretty decent.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 10:59 AM
There was also an issue with the script being bugged by responding "Formally completed" and not getting anything upon finishing 16 npc's and also turning in the book. Will those get reimbursed?

Yup, I noticed that pretty early on. I (thanfully) did have the script log it when this instance occurred, so even if people had not petitioned, we could immediately see what happened.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 11:10 AM
I love these gm events but as a newbie to the p99 I had a lot of problems with this event
1. Being kos to my bind point
2. Unable to turn off illusion
I also was unable to procure a port which put me at a huge disadvantage comparing to many other people. Next time please do the opposite and make any illusion indifferent to guards or some kind of in invis to help with npcs 30 or more lvls above lower lvls.

Let's see how trolls celebrate thanks giving with their spare parts cooking
And how iksar deliver Christmass presents hint hint

Ya being KOS due the illusion was an unintended side-effect. We were talking about ways to make that not a thing in the future. I was trying to res people that died as they petitioned.

Sorn
11-01-2016, 11:12 AM
There were SOOOOO many people waiting for the boat! (More in the beginning of the event, of course)

The DoF also discovered a fun thing where a bard's DE illusion mask would turn them into a female DE model...

As a group, we got lost together, got caught yelling strange things out of context ("Are you sure you're not touching it wrong?"), decided scarecrow form runs slower than spectre form (probably not true), failed autofollow repeatedly, and all kinds of other things.

I wasn't in time to get any tier 5 items, but I did get Rubicite legs...fashionquest? :)

Lhancelot
11-01-2016, 11:17 AM
The DoF also discovered a fun thing where a bard's DE illusion mask would turn them into a female DE model...

The DE illusion mask was simply showing the wearer's true inner self. :p

Braknar
11-01-2016, 11:18 AM
I liked the raid fight that you scripted up. Way better than Velious raid content.

A few comments on it:

The 2 specters that healed the boss had wayyyy too much HP. You were far better off allowing them to heal the boss up and kite the boss at 100% then kill the specters rather than try to offtank the boss while burning down the specters. This is probably the biggest thing. Had their HP been cut down to 5% or 10% of what it was, the event would've proceeded with a lot more fluidity, rather than stalling out while you slowly kill these thifling focuser clones.

The permarooted skeleton archers I only saw in the LFay version, but I think those should've hit a bit harder. Or maybe proc'd a stun on your casters to make them really annoying if left alone.

The cultists that spawned at the end were great, but it would've been cool if those were a timed spawn after reaching a certain percentage so that you would've gotten overwhelmed with adds, rather than a 1-time spawn. Actually stress some amount of crowd control in the raid while still burning down the boss.

The boss overall was pretty good in terms of melee capability and AE Fear (though as we all know AE fear on this server is very unclassic). I think adding a small AE DD like a Vox or Naggy type one would've helped counteract a Zerg style offensive.

If you could make the change to the specter HP (or add some other way to CC them like kiting, mezzing, charming, fearing, blinding or rooting) and maybe make the adds a little more formidable... This would be an excellent addition to the game in custom content. Throw a 1ish week spawn on him, a zone wide shout when he spawns, throw an FTE message on him and have him drop a guise or a manastone or a set of Holgresh elder beads... Something not exceedingly rare but still removed from game, that would be superb.

#MakeP99GreatAgain

Thanks for the feedback here! I will keep it in mind.

So the cultists. Initially the plan was they would spawn, then at 10% the boss would "kill" them and heal himself based on how many were alive. It was getting down to the wire and we couldn't quite get that to work so it got tossed out and the number of cultists reduced. Initially we'd had it spawn twice as many.

That encounter was the most difficult to actually test, but we did do some tests and it seemed about right. Nilbog for the most part did that boss so he totally deserves the credit there. I just said I wanted a boss, and he gave us that.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Had a lot of fun doing the event itself, thanks devs for putting in the hard work to make it happen!

Now for the "constructive" criticism: finishing 5 min too late for t5 and then getting a useless 2nd pegi cloak was a huge letdown, maybe next time let people know they need to rush it if they want anything good instead of dropping a bomb 5 minutes prior?

I wouldn't say rush.

The loot tiers got kicked down like 3.5 hours into the event.

In the future, I suspect we will have a counter on the high end stuff. After X handouts of high end things the scripts will just silently kick themselves down. We really were seeing LOTS of tier5 stuff. Once I get a few days to parse my logs I'll be posting some numbers on completions/etc.

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 11:23 AM
numbers of items, average time to completion and similar would be fun to see yeah ;)

Braknar
11-01-2016, 11:40 AM
numbers of items, average time to completion and similar would be fun to see yeah ;)

Well time to completion is gonna be hard, I didn't have it log when it started people (that in hindsight was a good idea as it wouldda got SPAMMY) unless we consider the start time being when the event was enabled.

I plan to have numbers like how many tier5 loots went out before we kicked it down, how many in total got all 16, how many people ate an ice comet and died, how many died to the one guy's DOT, etc etc.

For the next day or so though, I think I'ma just kick back and relax some. It's been fairly stressful getting all this done.

I said last year that I intended to do more events, and I still do. I'm not sure when the next one will be but I can say for sure there will be more.

Valrok
11-01-2016, 11:44 AM
We appreciate the work Braknar

Lammy
11-01-2016, 11:46 AM
I didn't get very far with the event as I was tired from repops, but it seemed like a nice effort went into it. The overall conversations I've had with people about it today seem positive. Thank you for your efforts. Maybe P99 just got a sample of Nilbogs custom raid content to come?

Braknar
11-01-2016, 11:49 AM
We appreciate the work Braknar

Glad it was fun for people.

For what it's worth I thoroughly enjoyed watching people work through it. I was lurking on streams watching people work on it so that was a good time.

Sorn
11-01-2016, 12:01 PM
I was lurking on streams watching people work on it so that was a good time.

!

Did you like my stream decorations? :D

Lanuven
11-01-2016, 12:11 PM
@Braknar

You mentioned a stream for tonight to announce winners from the event. Any time frame for this?

Axlrose
11-01-2016, 12:15 PM
From the perspective of a level 14 wizard:

It was a good thing I was grouped with a druid because outright running from clue to clue would have been quite difficult (and eventually boring) without the buffing of sow and teleports around the world. Even then, how others were able to complete the tasks within the initial hour (or perhaps two) and link prizes while it seemed a great majority of the people were still en route seemed ... "odd".

The reactions of the non-player characters to the "Boo!" was pleasant (throw into Lake Rathe) to outright deadly ("Here's a 100 point dot for you to eat!"). Fortunately most of the player base was kind enough to rez me back into action. Based upon readings here and knowledge gleamed in game, it would seem the non-player characters were tiered towards being more and more difficult to obtain and thus only the higher level characters would have a fighting chance. Attempting to get to Kael, much less make my way to that clue, would have been outright deadly for my level. While it would be extra work, perhaps have different mobs to tag based upon your level. As an example, the level 41 to 60 crowd would need to go to Kael while the level 01 to 20 crowd would need to go to Spectre Island in Oasis. Of course, the rewards should be scaled appropriately too.

Some of these mobs seemed to ignore hails and whatnot unless I positioned myself directly in front of it (no back or sides) and right up into its face before it would respond. This really seemed apparently once I was killed and rezzed And as others have mentioned, the one quest giver near the Plane of Fear entrance outright ignored our lower level group. Short of asking other players for answers, we were stuck for quite some time with how to proceed. By this point, we were about to quit, especially since the timer was announced to be ending soon - thus adding the feeling of being pushed along instead of enjoying the event for what it was about.

Too bad the Candy Corn is No Trade since I would have liked to spread some of the pieces to my other low level characters to help them with trade skill attempts. Yes, most players would probably scoff at the stats, but being the low level without all the bonus gear, those stats are a boon for such gaming.

Overall, it was a pleasant event, though frustrating in ways too.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 12:16 PM
!

Did you like my stream decorations? :D

Yours had the dripping blood right?

Nice touch!

Braknar
11-01-2016, 12:28 PM
It was a good thing I was grouped with a druid because outright running from clue to clue would have been quite difficult (and eventually boring) without the buffing of sow and teleports around the world. Even then, how others were able to complete the tasks within the initial hour (or perhaps two) and link prizes while it seemed a great majority of the people were still en route seemed ... "odd".

I'll know more when I go over the logs, but I'm pretty sure no one had completed all 16 until 3ish hours into the event. So if people were claiming they got all 16 in the first hour, they were just trolling. People COULD have gotten SOMETHING in that first 3 hours, but it was not the highest tier reward.

The reactions of the non-player characters to the "Boo!" was pleasant (throw into Lake Rathe) to outright deadly ("Here's a 100 point dot for you to eat!"). Fortunately most of the player base was kind enough to rez me back into action. Based upon readings here and knowledge gleamed in game, it would seem the non-player characters were tiered towards being more and more difficult to obtain and thus only the higher level characters would have a fighting chance. Attempting to get to Kael, much less make my way to that clue, would have been outright deadly for my level. While it would be extra work, perhaps have different mobs to tag based upon your level. As an example, the level 41 to 60 crowd would need to go to Kael while the level 01 to 20 crowd would need to go to Spectre Island in Oasis. Of course, the rewards should be scaled appropriately too.

So all you lay out here was by design. The event was not designed for a level 14 to 100% complete it. You COULD complete it with help, but not solo. There were 16 NPCs. I divided them into 4 groups. Each group was intended to be more difficult (and I expected a higher level) to do. So as a lv 14, my expectation is you could prolly find 8ish NPCs, which would put you in the tier2 loot table, and you walk away with something kindda shiny yet only put in half the effort of a top tier reward. The rewards very much were scaled based on how much was completed.

Another thing I'm not sure people picked up on. The boss spawning was 100% scripted, we did not actually spawn it. As people handed in, the hand-in NPCs kept track of how many mobs people found. As that counter increased, some zone emotes went out, and eventually it spawned the boss. So even a level 14 that may have only completed a few tiers still, technically contributed to things heh.

Some of these mobs seemed to ignore hails and whatnot unless I positioned myself directly in front of it (no back or sides) and right up into its face before it would respond. This really seemed apparently once I was killed and rezzed And as others have mentioned, the one quest giver near the Plane of Fear entrance outright ignored our lower level group. Short of asking other players for answers, we were stuck for quite some time with how to proceed. By this point, we were about to quit, especially since the timer was announced to be ending soon - thus adding the feeling of being pushed along instead of enjoying the event for what it was about.

So ya this is partially my bad. I setup the NPCs so that you had to target them AND hail. Next time I do something with say triggers, they'll be setup with a proximity say, so you just need to be near them and say things.

Overall, it was a pleasant event, though frustrating in ways too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kagey
11-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Had an excellent time with it. It was fun and engaging, unfortunately unlike live it was not for all types of players.. only for those who didn't have families or Halloween plans already and only for 5 hours or so?

sorry for those with kids or euro times. I miss the 3 day/weekend long events.

Nolui Imbris
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
I found the concept of traveling around and scaring NPCs adorable, and the event was enjoyable overall, Braknar; thank you!

Though, I might personally feel some regret over how much time I took ^^; Admittedly, the traveling became a bit of a chore, when ports were not used (especially after the Everfrost dead-end, and I ended up taking the boats from Kunark and to Velious under looming uncertainty of when the event would end). I know, I know, the solution to that is to make friends with a porter. :P

(I'll be one to nitpick the hint for the troll in the 'frozen north,' which sent many out to Everfrost--see http://wiki.project1999.com/images/thumb/Printmap.jpg/800px-Printmap.jpg as there really isn't anything 'north' about the Iceclad Ocean or Tower of Frozen Shadow :P )

Tetsuo
11-01-2016, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't say rush.

The loot tiers got kicked down like 3.5 hours into the event.

In the future, I suspect we will have a counter on the high end stuff. After X handouts of high end things the scripts will just silently kick themselves down. We really were seeing LOTS of tier5 stuff. Once I get a few days to parse my logs I'll be posting some numbers on completions/etc.

Having the tier drop of at X amount makes me want to rush even more
and I feel like they would run out really fast.

Some people might hate me for this but if you don't want to give out too much tier 5 maybe have an 80% chance for tier 4 and a 20% chance for tier 5 as to somewhat limit it or ever even just drop the chance to get a tier 5 after X have been given out to give slow pokes a chance to still get something nice.

Also if you don't lower lvl chars to get lvl 60 items maybe have a lower lvl quest line that gives out rewards that will help out a lowbie and not so much a high lvl, like an item that gives greater healing or skin like rock

Erati
11-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Thank you Braknar for putting this together as well as the other Dev/GM support that put work into this event.

Was one of the best run events I have participated in and really keep me entertained for several hours...I forgot there was even an NFL game on!

Kudos

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:17 PM
(I'll be one to nitpick the hint for the troll in the 'frozen north,' which sent many out to Everfrost--see http://wiki.project1999.com/images/thumb/Printmap.jpg/800px-Printmap.jpg as there really isn't anything 'north' about the Iceclad Ocean or Tower of Frozen Shadow :P )

Hah you aren't the only one to point that out. Fair point, my bad :)

Sorn
11-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Yours had the dripping blood right?

Nice touch!

Yes!

I look forward to the next event of an entirely different format :D

(Also if you ever need some event testers, Tupakk and I are available! We won't give away your secrets AND we can proofread! Or I can proofread...jury's still out on whether or not Tupakk can read or has been to more than 10 zones in the game...)

Mudson
11-01-2016, 01:20 PM
I was thoroughly impressed! A much less frustrating experience from last year. I wish I could have stuck around to see if someone killed the final boss. Pras! You made my Halloween!

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Thank you Braknar for putting this together as well as the other Dev/GM support that put work into this event.

Was one of the best run events I have participated in and really keep me entertained for several hours...I forgot there was even an NFL game on!

Kudos

Thanks!

The beauty of the event from my side is except for one hint we world emoted (about the fear mongers and the list). Everything that was the event (world messages, boss spawn, etc) was fully scripted and automated. Which left myself and Sirken free to simply observe how it was going and make small changes, and fix some oops (people death looping due to illusion, no rewards, etc).

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:23 PM
I was thoroughly impressed! A much less frustrating experience from last year. I wish I could have stuck around to see if someone killed the final boss. Pras! You made my Halloween!

Both bosses died, we're now going through the encounter logs and will do a stream or something where we show the raffling of the winners.

More details to come.

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many (rough estimate) people were suffering from the no reward bug (by using formally complete), and how far are people with addressing those?

Foxcat
11-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Had a good time last night, despite a few hiccups, it was fun holiday gameplay. :D

Braknar
11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many (rough estimate) people were suffering from the no reward bug (by using formally complete), and how far are people with addressing those?

Maybe a dozen?

It wasn't *that* many. Soon as I saw the log line happen the first time, I checked the code and was like "awwwww fuck.."

Live and learn :)

Gypsy
11-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Had a fantastic time. Debated with myself on doing all 16 because I was feeling lazy but the fervor of everyone was contagious and ended up finishing with a couple minutes to spare on the tier 5 loot. Everyone I came across seemed to be having a blast too (except the guy in KC getting mad about people training when they were trying to get to the quest npc).

I think the staff did a great job on this, really looking forward to other events!

P.S. I was jealous of those that got werewolf illusion at first but now I feel SUPER lucky that I didn't. haha

Tarskin
11-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Maybe a dozen?

It wasn't *that* many. Soon as I saw the log line happen the first time, I checked the code and was like "awwwww fuck.."

Live and learn :)

Haha, I know the moment when you look at your own code and notice there was an extra 'option' that you didn't expect. At least, I can say that I was one of the special ones :P

chrisstie
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Pros
Loved the event, the concept, the fun rushing around and seeing everyone. it was different, engaging, encouraged teamwork

Cons:
Downsizing tier 5 stuff in the midst of so many people working on it. especially when you spend like 45 mins waiting on a boat . Especially without a heads up with that expectation in the forum (at least I didn't see anything beyond the halloween announcement)

Players shouldn't have to feel they are having something potentially taken away from them in the middle of doing something where they are hoping for a chance to get xyz loot. It felt like you guys regretted the idea of giving such good loot and renigged, and that puts a damper on the fun and spirit

If you decide that it should be from design, not mid event.

thanks!

Braknar
11-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Pros
Loved the event, the concept, the fun rushing around and seeing everyone. it was different, engaging, encouraged teamwork

Cons:
Downsizing tier 5 stuff in the midst of so many people working on it. especially when you spend like 45 mins waiting on a boat . Especially without a heads up with that expectation in the forum (at least I didn't see anything beyond the halloween announcement)

Players shouldn't have to feel they are having something potentially taken away from them in the middle of doing something where they are hoping for a chance to get xyz loot. It felt like you guys regretted the idea of giving such good loot and renigged, and that puts a damper on the fun and spirit

If you decide that it should be from design, not mid event.

thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Was less regretting giving more loot and more we wanted to more or less reward those that figured it out early. Those last 4 NPCs were meant to be somewhat challenging to figure out. There was some debate on if we even notify people at all about the change. I opted to give the warning for anyone super close to 16.

Seedss
11-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Just a quick thanks for this event - while I was too late to make the scavenger hunt, the bosses were fun fights.

Nommis
11-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Those were some truly epic battles last night - thanks for the event.

plus, dat killshot on the first dude.
http://i.imgur.com/7CVLZJA.jpg

Brontus
11-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Here's some feedback from a devoted P1999 late night player:

My wife and I spent the evening giving out Halloween candy to our neighborhood kids. After it was all over, we had supper and watched some TV shows. Eventually, I logged on at 12 midnight Pacific time as I do each night. Within a few minutes we all got a server wide message that the event would be over in 60 minutes.

To be honest, I felt cheated and angry. People in my guild were bragging about getting all kinds of sweet loot during the event. Sadly, I had 60 minutes left to complete the entire event from scratch. A guildie told me it would take at least 3 hours to make it to all the locations without ports, so I didn't even bother trying.

Question:

Why would you put such an arbitrarily short time limit on an event that essentially excludes people who live in non Eastern time zones?

People who play P1999 who live in the Pacific time zones and Oceanic time zones like Hawaii, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia were also unfairly penalized.

Holiday events in other MMORPGs last for days and sometimes weeks. For example, Hallow's End in WoW goes from October 18 to November 1 each year. This gives players who are not hardcore and have a life outside of their MMO, a decent chance to participate and complete the quests. The P1999 Halloween event could have run for at least a full 24 hours if not longer.

I noticed the Halloween event forum post that was made on Sunday Oct 30 stating that the event would begin at 8 PM Eastern time (5 PM Pacific time). Not everyone has the time to read the forums everyday. It would have been nice to have news of this event in the MOTD.

I just do not understand why you make the event last for only 9 hours. What was the thinking behind this decision?

We all appreciate the hard work that the admins and the guides do for the P1999 community. In the future could you please consider extending the time for events for players who don't happen to play during prime time in the Eastern time zone?

Thank you for your consideration :)

Sirken
11-01-2016, 04:58 PM
just wanted to say thanks to everyone that came out and participated in this years Halloween event. While last night didn't go 100% perfect, I think it was certainly better than last years, or the year before that, and I think we learned a bunch of things to give you even more fun events in the future. <3

Runningfrenzy
11-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I got the duplicate lore item issue on turn in and petitioned at about 2:45 am EDT. Logged in a few minutes ago to find i was at "the spot" in EC with my reward in my inventory.

I don't know what (if anything) will happen to the people who won peggy cloaks and already had one. Perhaps they're stuck with an extra in the bank for corpse runs?

I'm stuck with a second peggy cloak on me as a druid.
Insult to injury =(
I petitioned last night, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'd love to have it updated to another reward though! *crosses fingers*

Braknar
11-01-2016, 05:01 PM
We all appreciate the hard work that the admins and the guides do for the P1999 community. In the future could you please consider extending the time for events for players who don't happen to play during prime time in the Eastern time zone?

The event was extended. It looks like it ran for about 7 hours or so. Yes the notice was brief, but there's not a whole lot that could have been done this year. We were coding it and working on it up to the last minute and weren't 100% sure it was gonna be a thing until I posted about it.

We do try to make these events as all-inclusive as possible, can't please everyone.

I do have future events planned that will run multiple days (but have less amazing rewards). If we had this event running for days, it's very easy for someone to make many accounts and effectively farm the event. It's a give and take. If people want great rewards, then we must only have the event active for smallish slices of time.

tiadashi
11-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Here's some feedback from a devoted P1999 late night player:

My wife and I spent the evening giving out Halloween candy to our neighborhood kids. After it was all over, we had supper and watched some TV shows. Eventually, I logged on at 12 midnight Pacific time as I do each night. Within a few minutes we all got a server wide message that the event would be over in 60 minutes.

To be honest, I felt cheated and angry. People in my guild were bragging about getting all kinds of sweet loot during the event. Sadly, I had 60 minutes left to complete the entire event from scratch. A guildie told me it would take at least 3 hours to make it to all the locations without ports, so I didn't even bother trying.

Question:

Why would you put such an arbitrarily short time limit on an event that essentially excludes people who live in non Eastern time zones?

People who play P1999 who live in the Pacific time zones and Oceanic time zones like Hawaii, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia were also unfairly penalized.

Holiday events in other MMORPGs last for days and sometimes weeks. For example, Hallow's End in WoW goes from October 18 to November 1 each year. This gives players who are not hardcore and have a life outside of their MMO, a decent chance to participate and complete the quests. The P1999 Halloween event could have run for at least a full 24 hours if not longer.

I noticed the Halloween event forum post that was made on Sunday Oct 30 stating that the event would begin at 8 PM Eastern time (5 PM Pacific time). Not everyone has the time to read the forums everyday. It would have been nice to have news of this event in the MOTD.

I just do not understand why you make the event last for only 9 hours. What was the thinking behind this decision?

My understanding is these people maybe 2 or 3? Have similar lives and responsibilities to take care of just as you do - also they dont get paid if im not mistaken - some people are just going to not be able to make it, I couldnt either -

surcum
11-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Had a super fun time raiding the end boss in faydark with my pals in awakened... tanking was pretty intense having to use consumables to prevent a wipe haha let's see more events during the year like this... Thanks for you time on the event.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Uh, there were 2 bosses at the end?

Is there a thread where I dont have to sift through 18 pages of postgs to find someone who just wrote up what the quest was?

I did all 16 but I saw no bosses, what bosses?

There were 2 bosses, yes. They spawned nearby the fear mongers. If you go over some of what the fear monger said he hinted at more to come. I also dropped some hings in various streamer's streams during it, and there were zone emotes that went out in Lfay and NK as peopel handed things in hinting that there was something coming.

Baler
11-01-2016, 05:10 PM
I really enjoyed running through all the zones I've spent so many hours in and seeing other people doing the same.
One thing I could see improved is not using the same keyword for each npc,. maybe each npc could have had a riddle to figure out.
Loved the event was a ton of fun. I would love to see more events on p99.
Great job staff and those who took time to make this possible!!

random pic
http://i.imgur.com/gat50ix.png

I've never seen that many people on the boat to OOT.
http://i.imgur.com/wGBGvuR.png
http://i.imgur.com/FLX9fxY.jpg

The fight against the manifestation was pretty cool. Lots of corpses, fitting for halloween!
(I know this isn't the best picture but I forgot to take more screenshots. There was over 200 people in NK!~
http://i.imgur.com/SZ4RFrS.jpg

Here are pics of the hint Book if anyone is interested..
http://i.imgur.com/vvnJVbf.png
http://i.imgur.com/tje3J0s.png
http://i.imgur.com/0KnZ2ac.png
http://i.imgur.com/vZVtH1X.png

Gumbo
11-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Braknar...

What was the word command for the 'fear caller' in Feerrott/Plane Of Fear?

As I posted earlier that I finished the first 12 names on the list and I went over to talk to this guy and he wouldn't answer me or the four other players trying to get him to talk? The most I could do is just hail him, with a answer of "Hmm, what do you want?"

I cut and pasted part of my log file to show you what I typed. I edited it and took out anything not related to the event.

[Tue Nov 01 00:41:31 2016] Targeted (NPC): a fear caller
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:31 2016] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:32 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:32 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:51 2016] You say, 'ripped page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:55 2016] You say, 'page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:58 2016] You say, 'task'
[Tue Nov 01 00:45:32 2016] You say out of character, 'anyone know what to say to 'a fear caller' for the location of final 4?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:41 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:41 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:44 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:45 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:45 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:46 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:46 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:47 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:47 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:48:18 2016] You say, 'I want the page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:48:26 2016] You say, 'I want the list'

I spent over an hour on this and talking to a lot of people and it appeared as the 'fear caller' would talk to some players but not others.

maskedmelon
11-01-2016, 05:35 PM
What about the four?

wisenhemier
11-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Didn't get a chance to play the event, but what i saw from someone streaming it on twitch it looked fun...thanks to Braknar and everyone else for spending your time and energy into making the event!

Braknar
11-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Braknar...

What was the word command for the 'fear caller' in Feerrott/Plane Of Fear?

As I posted earlier that I finished the first 12 names on the list and I went over to talk to this guy and he wouldn't answer me or the four other players trying to get him to talk? The most I could do is just hail him, with a answer of "Hmm, what do you want?"

I cut and pasted part of my log file to show you what I typed. I edited it and took out anything not related to the event.

[Tue Nov 01 00:41:31 2016] Targeted (NPC): a fear caller
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:31 2016] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:32 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:41:32 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:51 2016] You say, 'ripped page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:55 2016] You say, 'page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:44:58 2016] You say, 'task'
[Tue Nov 01 00:45:32 2016] You say out of character, 'anyone know what to say to 'a fear caller' for the location of final 4?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:41 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:41 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:44 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:45 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:46 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:47 2016] You say, 'Hail, a fear caller'
[Tue Nov 01 00:47:47 2016] a fear caller says, 'Hmm... what do you want?'
[Tue Nov 01 00:48:18 2016] You say, 'I want the page'
[Tue Nov 01 00:48:26 2016] You say, 'I want the list'

I spent over an hour on this and talking to a lot of people and it appeared as the 'fear caller' would talk to some players but not others.

So. You get the book, at the end of it says the list is torn. If you'd said incomplete, list, missing, partial around the fear monger (not the caller) he gave you a hint as to where the fear caller was, and told you to ask him [about the four]. WHen you did, the caller would tell you the last 4 hints as well as the last trigger word.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Oh also, there was a check on the caller. If you hadn't talked to the fear monger and said you were going to release the fear, then the caller would indeed not respond to you.

Vigilance
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Is the werewolf bug issue fixed? I'm afraid to log on my druid lest I get stuck in another death loop. Already took like three-four deaths because of it and I'm bound in NFP so if I login I'm gonna die again unless it is fixed.

Braknar
11-01-2016, 06:11 PM
The illusions should be removed now, yes.

I was ressing people last night that /petitioned with a death loop.

Kodim
11-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Not sure if this has been answer: what was up with the faction?

Just a way to tell you got the trigger? Cause even that was difficult to see in the "boo" spam.

Vigilance
11-01-2016, 06:15 PM
The illusions should be removed now, yes.

I was ressing people last night that /petitioned with a death loop.

Thanks Brak! I'll try to petition you next time I get a chance to play.

Dollar
11-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I've never seen that many people on the boat to OOT.
http://i.imgur.com/wGBGvuR.png
http://i.imgur.com/FLX9fxY.jpg

This was by far my favorite part of the event. I always enjoy taking the boats (maybe not the long wait) but the moment is always somewhat spoiled because the boat is usually empty, or maybe 1 other afk passenger.. The chatting during the boat ride just felt real and makes travelling feel pretty awesome.

toastyoven
11-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Both bosses died, we're now going through the encounter logs and will do a stream or something where we show the raffling of the winners.

More details to come

I know a lot of people had some very serious dsync issues with the boss fight, nearly impossible to stay in game or even get a cast off.

[Mon Oct 31 21:33:17 2016] Rogean BROADCASTS, 'The event is going to continue for another couple hours or so. The boss mobs will remain up even after the event ends. It will require a bit of effort to take them down.'
[Mon Oct 31 21:33:19 2016] Rogean BROADCASTS, 'The staff may not be around when the mob dies, but the plan is to take the encounter list and select 5 random contributors (Read: actually helped) to receive legacy rewards. The list will be published and the draw will be livestreamed. Good luck!'

Based off the broadcast if you were having dsync issues are you basically out of luck, since you couldn't really contribute as much?

Gumbo
11-01-2016, 07:33 PM
So. You get the book, at the end of it says the list is torn. If you'd said incomplete, list, missing, partial around the fear monger (not the caller) he gave you a hint as to where the fear caller was, and told you to ask him [about the four]. WHen you did, the caller would tell you the last 4 hints as well as the last trigger word.

I checked my log files again and I see where the fear monger mentions about the finding the fear caller about asking [about the four].

This was pretty easy to miss when you have over 200 people all trying to do the event at once.

Segoris
11-01-2016, 07:52 PM

I'm curious about this too as I'm one of those who received a can o' whoop ass after completing all 16 before the loot reduction. Especially after having the no-reward bug as well...and being an enchanter just acts as another reminder to not play a caster during events.

As for feedback, please switch to some sort of rewards based on archetype if they're going to be no-drop. I'm not against rewards being tradeable, and actually like it, but receiving a no-drop piece of loot that is incredibly situational on the rarest of cases is not my idea of a reward.

Besides my receiving what I consider really undesirable loot for me (especially compared to others who did all 16 and turned in before the loot was reduced), I have to say this was a good amount of fun up to the rewards point. Thank to the p99 staff for hosting it. I'll bitch a little, but this event is appreciated.

Vibrate
11-01-2016, 08:17 PM
cool that you guys do events and the time you put into it

but just do mobs with loot that you kill 1-60 with low to rare loot

much more fun for all and easier, do it in multiple zones

everyone likes suprise loots

justinf1000
11-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Any word on when raid mob loot will be announced? I heard "later today" but haven't heard any more info since.

Will a formal announcement be made? A new post? Or will this post be updated?

I just want to know where to look so i dont miss it

Sallan
11-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Yup, I noticed that pretty early on. I (thanfully) did have the script log it when this instance occurred, so even if people had not petitioned, we could immediately see what happened.

Thanks Brak. This event was certainly a lot better than the first one and the rewards were great! One of our monks was in need of a holgresh beads and getting one from the event made his day.

Looking forward to more perhaps even one that would extend the whole day so they can cater to the EU/Oceania crowd as well when they come online.

As for the bug (resetting the 16 npc's by saying formally), hopefully those petitions can still net them something in the end. Still waiting for mine :)

Saker
11-01-2016, 11:17 PM
I have yet to experience a "event" where it was possible for any but the leet to actually get anything from it.

Matalus
11-01-2016, 11:24 PM
I have yet to experience a "event" where it was possible for any but the leet to actually get anything from it.

how was being "leet" needed in any of this, all it required was a lot of running, sure porter class helped, but i ported tons of people while doing it also, you could of easily been a lvl 12 class with invise and been the first person to finish this event with a porter

Poetic
11-01-2016, 11:48 PM
I think the event was really fun, but no a normal level 12 could not have known The maps to do that or survived one Ice comet or dot.

Nexii
11-01-2016, 11:56 PM
I had fun running around trying to figure out where to go next with a group. Though it was very dependent on having a Bard and Porter. NK was a slaughter though. I think I click rezzed about 150 people before the boss finally died

Mortgage
11-02-2016, 12:15 AM
There were 2 bosses, yes. They spawned nearby the fear mongers. If you go over some of what the fear monger said he hinted at more to come. I also dropped some hings in various streamer's streams during it, and there were zone emotes that went out in Lfay and NK as peopel handed things in hinting that there was something coming.

There was so much spam at the fear mongers that I just wanted to step away from the area. I needed the server-wide hint to go to Feerrott because trying a bunch of key words wasn't really possible. What if there had been 5+ fear mongers around NK and LFay, allowing people to spread out and reducing the spam at each NPC? A lot of people complained about connection issues fighting the raid boss. I think putting them in another zone entirely would have also helped.

Also thanks for the event. I just enjoyed running around and helping people out where I could.

Maner
11-02-2016, 12:48 AM
I think the event was really fun, but no a normal level 12 could not have known The maps to do that or survived one Ice comet or dot.

sure they could, hardest part for a lvl 12 would have been getting to kael. One of the people i did it with never had a spell other than the shadow step thing cast on them. if you had invis and a porter it would have been no problem. Have to remember that a lvl 12 doing it is most likely going to be someones alt who already knows all the zones.

ZiggyTheMuss
11-02-2016, 02:34 AM
look at his sig, 99% of the server is leet to him, so give him some slack :)

Oh man I used to be like that on live. So many alts, no max or high levels.

justinf1000
11-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Any word on when raid mob loot will be announced? I heard "later today" but haven't heard any more info since.

Will a formal announcement be made? A new post? Or will this post be updated?

I just want to know where to look so i dont miss it

Is there really no way to get info on this?

I ask in OOC, no response.

I ask in guild, no response.

I ask on forum, no response.

Can somebody please give me some info on this???????????????

Would appreciate it a lot

skarlorn
11-02-2016, 03:41 AM
After my own experience and reading many people say the same thing, which is:

Event was too narrow a window of opportunity for us casuals (hard to play more than 2 hrs straight)

I remember getting a text at dinner about the Tier 5 loot closing. All I could think was that EQ always favors the neckbeard. Which is good if you're a neck beard! Pixel frenzy can be fun.

In that sense, the GM Event was very true to the game :p

Vibrate
11-02-2016, 08:03 AM
yeah you coulda done this on a low lvl ... is likely ... if your new with no money for ports? nah

Vibrate
11-02-2016, 08:05 AM
i thought this server was all about keeping it classic though, these events arent

like i said though still appreciate you GMs for your hard work and doing it.

fadetree
11-02-2016, 09:07 AM
? They had events all the time back in the day on live. This is exactly classic, right down to people who claim 'only elite players get anything'.

Lhancelot
11-02-2016, 09:13 AM
i thought this server was all about keeping it classic though, these events arent

like i said though still appreciate you GMs for your hard work and doing it.

I seen many events on live, and particularly remember different ones during Halloween?

You honestly don't remember any events on EQ1 years ago?

Braknar
11-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Is there really no way to get info on this?

I ask in OOC, no response.

I ask in guild, no response.

I ask on forum, no response.

Can somebody please give me some info on this???????????????

Would appreciate it a lot

We will post things about this as it gets nearer. Still hammering out the details.

dbouya
11-02-2016, 01:14 PM
We will post things about this as it gets nearer. Still hammering out the details.

Will you post in this forum or in the announcements forum?

justinf1000
11-02-2016, 01:39 PM

Thank you Braknar, i just want to make sure I don't miss it!

Awesome event by the way, i had a ton of fun <3

Braknar
11-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks much, believe it or not I had a ton of fun watching you guys work through it.

There will probably be a new post about the rewards when we've settled on a plan.

Deklann
11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
I had fun running around trying to figure out where to go next with a group. Though it was very dependent on having a Bard and Porter. NK was a slaughter though. I think I click rezzed about 150 people before the boss finally died

Thanks for the rez Nexii!

Lol

Gumbo
11-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Out of curiosity, but what's the stats on the 'Can Of Whoop Ass?'

I received some 'Candy Corn' and that has some pretty sweet stats...

Lhancelot
11-02-2016, 07:42 PM
I received some 'Candy Corn' and that has some pretty sweet stats...

Naturally Candy Corn WOULD have some pretty sweet stats!

Expediency
11-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Maybe this has been asked (I only have read about half this 23 page thread) but has there been any numbers posted about how many people scared at least one mob and finished the quest, how many did the whole thing, etc? Just curious about stuff like that.

Braknar
11-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Maybe this has been asked (I only have read about half this 23 page thread) but has there been any numbers posted about how many people scared at least one mob and finished the quest, how many did the whole thing, etc? Just curious about stuff like that.

No numbers yet, I'll be parsing my logs when I have a moment and I will be posting those numbers.

I may actually just read the numbers (then post them) on Sirken's Monday stream.

Foxcat
11-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Braknar, any word on how long the Halloween event reward petitions are gonna be? :confused:

Braknar
11-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Braknar, any word on how long the Halloween event reward petitions are gonna be? :confused:

Those that petitioned in-game should have thier rewards now (on blue, red to be done soon).

If you did not petition in-game, then make a forum petition. We'll get to the forum petitions soon as we can.

Runningfrenzy
11-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Those that petitioned in-game should have thier rewards now (on blue, red to be done soon).

If you did not petition in-game, then make a forum petition. We'll get to the forum petitions soon as we can.

Does this count for duplicate Peggy Cloaks that were rewarded? (haven't heard anything on my petition yet)

Braknar
11-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Does this count for duplicate Peggy Cloaks that were rewarded? (haven't heard anything on my petition yet)

It does, if you have a forum petition, we'll answer soon as we can.