PDA

View Full Version : AE Group - Not amazing, but viable

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Disclaimer: This is an invitation thread, not a flame war on PBAE's, kills per hour debate, what's "better" or "sucks" or anything like that thread. If you're interested, ask. If you're not, kindly let it be.

Hi folks,

I took a trip down to Chardok with a couple friends and a couple randoms yesterday evening to see what an AE group would look like in Chardok for exp purposes.

My L59 Guildmate Wizard was earning ~1.3% xp per pull on test pulls of ~18 mobs. I picked up a few percent per pull in 58.

As some of my Wizard compadres are aware, the quad kiting spots for our typical 57-60 grind are very heavily contested lately and the misconception that Wizards don't provided sustainable dps in groups (thereby don't get invited) puts many of us in a pickle.

This post is basically to open up the doors to anyone who would like to be invited to these AE groups when I do them in the future. Group looks like this:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Enchanter
Enchanter
Puller

All you need is to be L57+ (Cleric can be lower) - Enchanters need all 3 stuns.

If you'd like to have another alternative to kiting or grinding and sitting LFG in Seb, feel free to leave your name, alt names, and level/class in a response below. I'll look you up when I form up some new groups.

Cheers,

Soeki the Wizardling

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2016, 11:02 AM
the misconception that Wizards don't provided sustainable dps in groups

You forgot to include a citation to your source that wizards do actually provide sustainable dps in groups.

xKoopa
10-31-2016, 11:07 AM
Lvl 40 works for puller (just to get xp)

Prob dont need any special pull class with 18 mobs tho, anyone can run in and pull that

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 11:14 AM
You forgot to include a citation to your source that wizards do actually provide sustainable dps in groups.

If you weren't a fellow Quellious'er, I'd tell you to go step on some legos :P

Tazok
10-31-2016, 11:24 AM
If you ever need a puller send me a message.

Izmael
10-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Wizards do provide good and sustainable DPS.

...for a few seconds.

Caiu
10-31-2016, 11:29 AM
You would have a lot more luck doing this in Skyfire Mtns. with a bard puller. Chardok is gonna cap you to be reliant on your cleric DA/DB.

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 11:30 AM
You would have a lot more luck doing this in Skyfire Mtns. with a bard puller. Chardok is gonna cap you to be reliant on your cleric DA/DB.

I'd be interested to join a group that does this to see it in action. I understand the mechanics, but real time experience is obviously a different story.

Shodo
10-31-2016, 11:39 AM
I'd be interested in trying it out. Djynni 57 wizard, usually online on Mandak.

damstraight4
10-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Kejopha, 54 Cleric if thats okay. Message me on Kejopha/Talak

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM
If you weren't a fellow Quellious'er, I'd tell you to go step on some legos :P

I'm originally from Saryrn! Had alts on Terris Thule and the PVP servers but not Quellious :p

I'd be interested to join a group that does this to see it in action. I understand the mechanics, but real time experience is obviously a different story.

You have to make sure you don't get any wurms though nowadays don't you? Think they made wurms immune to stun and that was the issue with normal AE groups out there.

Izmael
10-31-2016, 11:58 AM
It's pretty rare to see people from Saryrn. When / who did you play there? I played 2000-2002, Izmael the rogue.

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 12:07 PM
I'd be interested in trying it out. Djynni 57 wizard, usually online on Mandak.

I'll friend them tonight when I get home :)

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 12:09 PM
You have to make sure you don't get any wurms though nowadays don't you? Think they made wurms immune to stun and that was the issue with normal AE groups out there.

Good information to have :P So everything else should be ok then, sounds like just have a bard clump them up and drag through camp for stuns.

Have you done this out there Tecmos? I'm curious if there's a "best camp" position to start at

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 12:10 PM
Kejopha, 54 Cleric if thats okay. Message me on Kejopha/Talak

Gotcha. Will friend this evening. You can also find me on Soeki / Jigoku / Weavings. Predominantly Soeki if I'm able to actually group and Weavings when I'm afkish.

Raev
10-31-2016, 01:22 PM
Wizards are simply terrible in groups unless they have the VP/Velk robes.

AE seems like it would still be pretty legit. With a bit of practice, you can probably do 3 pulls of 20-25 in the time 120 took before. Considering that you'll wipe less due to lag (even 1 enchanter has a reasonable chance to chainstun that) it should still be pretty damn solid XP.

fugazi
10-31-2016, 02:14 PM
Tawa, 55 cleric. I play during Euro hours tho, so I might not appear on your radar most of the time ;)

jpetrick
10-31-2016, 02:16 PM
Do people take a group into to chardok for any other reason than to get a monk pipe these days?

clacbec
10-31-2016, 02:36 PM
60 ench fantasy rdy

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Tawa, 55 cleric. I play during Euro hours tho, so I might not appear on your radar most of the time ;)

Roger that. Friend you next time I'm online.

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2016, 02:44 PM
It's pretty rare to see people from Saryrn. When / who did you play there? I played 2000-2002, Izmael the rogue.

Lectral Tearweeper was my main, a chanter (go figure, right?). I played about the same time as you, something like mid-kunark through luck in before i started quitting and coming back and quitting and coming back before I totally stopped around god.

Good information to have :P So everything else should be ok then, sounds like just have a bard clump them up and drag through camp for stuns.

Have you done this out there Tecmos? I'm curious if there's a "best camp" position to start at

Haven't done a real ae group there, no. No one has since very early in kunark as far as I know. I did two-person, low-hp ae bard shenanigans in there previously, where I pulled everything that couldn't be level 51+.

Izmael
10-31-2016, 03:51 PM
Lectral Tearweeper was my main, a chanter (go figure, right?). I played about the same time as you, something like mid-kunark through luck in before i started quitting and coming back and quitting and coming back before I totally stopped around god.

What guild were you in? Your name doesn't ring a bell. I was in Titans of Saryrn, euro guild. Maybe we just played very different hours.

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 03:52 PM
What guild were you in? Your name doesn't ring a bell. I was in Titans of Saryrn, euro guild. Maybe we just played very different hours.

Please message him. This thread is for people interested in being messaged for the AE group. 3rd post of yours with no relevance. Some courtesy please.

Shodo
10-31-2016, 03:52 PM
Do people take a group into to chardok for any other reason than to get a monk pipe these days?

It's not exactly 'hopping' like Seb or Karnor's but I go with an exp trio/group about once per week. About half of those times there's another trio or full group in there doing xp. The entrance-to-exit loop (plus the entrance gate if you have enough dps) is a great safe camp for awesome exp if you don't want to do the betrayer hall.

tldr; not generally, but it's slowly growing more popular.

Izmael
10-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Please message him. This thread is for people interested in being messaged for the AE group. 3rd post of yours with no relevance. Some courtesy please.

My bad, sorry for derailing.

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 04:43 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to AE level early on
. Like befallen or. Some shit

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to AE level early on
. Like befallen or. Some shit

It is, especially if you get a higher enchanter willing to help, cause he can keep a lot of mobs stunlocked by himself and you just have a group of pbae necros, bards, wizards, clerics, etc.

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Yeah, what about all level appropriate? I think we'd need 2 or 3 encs and as many AE'rs. 2 ENCS may suffice once they get 2 PBAE stuns...

maskedmelon
10-31-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah, what about all level appropriate? I think we'd need 2 or 3 encs and as many AE'rs. 2 ENCS may suffice once they get 2 PBAE stuns...

Iirc, chanties don't get second stun until 20's, so can't keep things stun locked.

maskedmelon
10-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Maybe work with 4 chanties, and 2 well endowed wizzies.

SoekiWiz
10-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Trying to keep post comments clear for people who are interested in signing up :)

Jimjam
10-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Well at level four you can pbaoe down lots of level 1 mobs pretty well if you are a wizard. That is just about xp.

SoekiWiz
11-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Hey folks,

I threw a Discord server up that we can begin utilizing for faster and more efficient group invites when people are available. The link to join is:

https://discord.gg/VQvwDzT

Once we have a decent amount of people in the channel, I'll start using it for push notifications etc.

Edit: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2392912#post2392912