PDA

View Full Version : WC Halloween Event - kill lvl 1 mobs get a Guise of the Deceiver!

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 02:20 PM
That's the rumor folks. Can anyone confirm this?

xKoopa
10-31-2016, 02:22 PM
See my join date

Ive only seen 1 guise since i joined, and that was a raffle on sirkens twitch

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 02:25 PM
See my join date

I think the guides are going to be extremely generous on this event.

Seeing the server has lost so many of those old characters who had access to such neat, fun items I suspect this rumor will hold true and many of the new folk will have a crack at some nice, fun toys!

dbouya
10-31-2016, 02:26 PM
See my join date

I got a guise in 1999 and had someone log in as me and delete it in 2001 :(

I also found a strategy for raiding against velious warders that required guise to exploit geometry and allow races which were too small to shrink to fit in the blind spot of the dragon's aoe (shrink also worked but a few people weren't the right race for that). This was probably a bug/exploit and I never raided on p99 so I'm not sure if it ever worked on p99.

Valura
10-31-2016, 02:30 PM
yeah right

Sirken
10-31-2016, 02:59 PM
That's the rumor folks. Can anyone confirm this?

just no

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 03:05 PM
just no

I think this is one of those situations where "no" just might mean "yes". I could be wrong though.

Baler
10-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Lhancelot if there was ever a time to put your foot in your mouth. It is now.

Erati
10-31-2016, 03:11 PM
should I attend this event with my non-guised characters in fear of a "lore" conflict!?

:D

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Guises only to rogues and bards.

Thanks for. Playing

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 03:21 PM

Thanks for. Playing

Wrong noob.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guise_of_the_Deceiver

xKoopa
10-31-2016, 04:55 PM

Thanks for. Playing

I think my dark elf sk needs one

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 05:11 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough. Posting from a phone
Guises awarded at the event will only be going to bards and rogues. Sorry I had to spell that out for you Lhancelot.

Hope this helps

Swish
10-31-2016, 05:35 PM
If they award one now it'll be look like they're pandering to the players, I guess it'll have to be something else.

Baler
10-31-2016, 05:39 PM
I have been told by highly respected sources that players will have opportunities to find one Pre-nerf Fungi staff and a Manastone or two. If they can figure out the secrets of the halloween event in a timely fashion.

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 05:57 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough. Posting from a phone
Guises awarded at the event will only be going to bards and rogues. Sorry I had to spell that out for you Lhancelot.

Hope this helps

No problem noob.

I provided a link to correct your illegible sentence and to enlighten you.

Dreenk317
10-31-2016, 06:29 PM
Wrong noob.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guise_of_the_Deceiver

I'm confused... the link you posted clearly shows guise of the deceiver to be bard/rogue only....

Edit:nm clickable from inventory. I get it now

Baler
10-31-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm confused... the link you posted clearly shows guise of the deceiver to be bard/rogue only....

skarlorn made a joke that the masks would only go to rogues and bards.

Lhancelot mistook the joke as stupidity. Thus linking the mask Guise_of_the_Deceiver which can be used by any class/race.

It's clearly a battle of witts between those two. ;)

Yes it says rogue/bard only because those are the only classes that can equip it. however the Guise of the Deceiver mask could be clickied from "any slot". Therefor it could be used by any class/race. Not to be mistaken with the replacement Mask of Deception.

(you edited your post as I was posting this)

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 06:35 PM
skarlorn made a joke that the masks would only go to rogues and bards.

Lhancelot mistook the joke as stupidity. Thus linking the mask Guise_of_the_Deceiver which can be used by any class/race.

Yes it says rogue/bard only because those are the only classes that can equip it. however that old mask could be clickied from "any slot". Therefor it could be used by any class/race.

Baler, you have no idea what you are talking about. Skarlorn isn't stupid, and I didn't take his joke "as stupidity".

That being said, thank you for clarifying for people what that item link clearly states though, that the guise could be clicked from any slot and was all/all.

Baler
10-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Baler, you have no idea what you are talking about. Skarlorn isn't stupid, and I didn't take his joke "as stupidity".

That being said, thank you for clarifying for people what that item link clearly states though, that the guise could be clicked from any slot and was all/all.
I shouldn't play these reply games but hey.. let's clear two things up.
never called skarlorn stupid and the guise was class: rogue/bard Race: all... not all/all

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Love u boys keep up the good work

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 06:49 PM
I shouldn't play these reply games but hey.. let's clear two things up.
never called skarlorn stupid and the guise was class: rogue/bard Race: all... not all/all

essentially if it can be clicked by any race and any class from inventory, it's all/all. Split hairs if you want though.

And, no matter what you say, Skarlorn is not stupid.

I enjoy his well-written stories about DWF ROG's, it's quite funny and clearly not written by someone that is stupid.

maskedmelon
10-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Almost convincing....

Almost ^.~v

Entertaining though ^^

Lhancelot
10-31-2016, 07:15 PM
Almost convincing....

Almost ^.~v

Entertaining though ^^

Hate you MM. :)