PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the death penalty?

Quadrophenia
10-31-2016, 05:09 PM
I know of 2 different people who have lost over a complete level with 2 deaths. Yes, over 5 yellows. Is this intended?

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Shouldn't be happening. What levels are they. Are they caught in a death loop it too embarrassed to say it? Are they mentally handicapped?

Quadrophenia
10-31-2016, 05:23 PM
Maybe it shouldn't be happening but it is. That's my point.

No, not a loop, I saw the deaths. just a standard couple of deaths over the course of a couple hours play on 2 separate days. One was level 26 or so and the other and the other 21. Different zones where they occurred.

Neither are mentally handicapped although the death penalty shouldn't be greater for them even if they were. I'm not quite sure where that particular question came from.

Baler
10-31-2016, 05:24 PM
Over 5 yellow would be over a full level... You can't lose 5+ yellows in only 2 deaths. So either there is details missing from this story, those people miss calculated/judged how much exp they had before they died or you and or them are lieing.

The amount of exp you lose on death is based on the amount of exp it took to complete your last level. example: if you're level 36 and you die, then the amount of exp you lose is based on how much exp it took to level up 35(which is a hell level).

I'm sorry but it just does not add up. Not trying to be disrespectful but a death at 26 and 21 is peanuts compared to a death in the 50-60 range.

Quadrophenia
10-31-2016, 05:26 PM
I know that's how it normally works, but I had a group member tell me it happened 2 days ago and I just saw it on a screen I was watching a little while ago.

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 05:30 PM
If they are mentally handicapped they may not be relating vital details to you, erroneously recounting events, or otherwise confusing facts. I've never heard of something like this happening. I dint understand how it could from a code perspective. So it leads me to think the end user is getting confused. Maybe they have mental issues. Not flaming even, lots of ppl with brain problems flourish* here.

Will be interested to see what the real problem here is.

5 yellows in two undings is impossible,unless bugged. But if it was bugged, we should all have the same issue.

Quadrophenia
10-31-2016, 05:38 PM
Ok, nevermind, skip it. I saw it happen on the second one, there is no question, there are mental issues, no lying and whatever other insults you want to toss around to make yourself feel good. I was trying to find out if there was a potential issue. But it's not an issue unless you are 50-60.
I understand completely.

paulgiamatti
10-31-2016, 05:38 PM
They were exaggerating. People tend to do that when they die in elf sim because dying in elf sim sucks.

Don't pay any attention to skarlorn btw, he just likes to pretend that the rest of the server shares his intellectual shortcomings. Although, on red that may be true.

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
Ok, nevermind, skip it. I saw it happen on the second one, there is no question, there are mental issues, no lying and whatever other insults you want to toss around to make yourself feel good. I was trying to find out if there was a potential issue. But it's not an issue unless you are 50-60.
I understand completely.

Confusing post, pal. Sorry you're upset. Did this get petitioned and put in Bug Report?

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 05:46 PM
Don't pay any attention to skarlorn btw, he just likes to pretend that the rest of the server shares his intellectual shortcomings. Although, on red that may be true.

Hope you improve your skills at writing soon pal.

Baler
10-31-2016, 05:53 PM
But it's not an issue unless you are 50-60.
I understand completely.
I didn't mean to come off as some elitist jerk. If what you're saying is true and some how these two seperate characters bugged out and lost a complete level + more from 2 deaths. Then that is a serious matter that should be brought to light. You may want to have those 2 separate people petition and submit as much proof as they can.

A bug of that caliber, you would be hard pressed to convince people of without screenshots, video or log files. Searching the forums for keywords on the subject would also be a great first step.

It is a strong possibility that those people were exaggerating as paulgiamatti said. I've lost a full yellow bubble from 1 death pre-velious.
What race are the two players?

paulgiamatti
10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I am strongly opposed to capital punishment.

maskedmelon
10-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Well, I could see exaggeration leading to this on a hybrid in a level after a hell level. The visual hit to the xp bar is phenomenal. I suggest every hybrid dust oneself at least once post hell level. It really is breathtaking.

Jimjam
10-31-2016, 07:05 PM
over 5 yellow? maybe your friends forgot what level they started at?

skarlorn
10-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I am strongly opposed to capital punishment.

u read much Camus?