PDA

View Full Version : AE Exp Group Sign-Ups (Discord Server)

SoekiWiz
11-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Hi folks,

Some of you have seen the other thread already. In short, AE Exp is still a viable method of leveling even after the 25 max npc pbae nerf.

Exp/time per pull data is available if you'd like to ask, please send a direct message instead of clogging up this thread.

This is for SIGN-UP's -- please please please be courteous to others and don't jam up the responses with whatever else.

*** Join the Discord server for notifications of groups starting when you are offline/on alts/etc. ***

Discord invite URL: https://discord.gg/VQvwDzT

---------------------
Wizard / Enc - 57+ please
Cleric - 50+ please
Bard (Skyfire groups) - 50+ please
Puller (In lieu of bard) - 50+ please

Message with questions.

Reply to the thread if you sign up so others see you!

Thank you :)

-Soeki X`Ta

Swish
11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
The only type of discord server we're ever likely to know. amirite guise?

Izmael
11-01-2016, 04:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VzeBiS5.gif

SoekiWiz
11-01-2016, 09:13 PM
First group going now - 2 Enchanter spots open, going to PUG them

SoekiWiz
11-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Update & Edit:

Skyfire AE has proven very problematic. For whatever reason, the stuns do not chain properly. We've had instances of mobs being in range and not being hit to an apparent bug of a 6 target max, etc. etc. etc.

I can safely say it was not the fault of the members as I took the same folks to Chardok, and we successfully pulled there. 0 wipes.

On a move forward, these groups will be for Chardok purposes.

Please continue sign-ups :)

Daldaen
11-04-2016, 01:39 PM
You should also consider Sebilis and Velketors for AE groups. Both are prime zones for that style of group!

Teppler
11-04-2016, 03:16 PM
The only type of discord server we're ever likely to know. amirite guise?

Was hoping this was the pvp discord.

I would join this group just to double cross you all mid AoE.

SoekiWiz
11-04-2016, 03:17 PM
You should also consider Sebilis and Velketors for AE groups. Both are prime zones for that style of group!

Velk's is on the menu for tonight. Sebilis is not likely, as I do not want to disrupt a heavily populated zone and cause rage fits.

Vibrate
11-04-2016, 04:22 PM
AE / AoE xp is for pussys

SoekiWiz
11-04-2016, 04:31 PM
AE / AoE xp is for pussys

So you'll fit right in. Sick profile pic bruh

Vibrate
11-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Naw

Rararboker
11-05-2016, 05:31 PM
That was savage.

SoekiWiz
11-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Bump & Update -- We've successfully been AE'ing in Velk and Chardok. Something goes wrong in Skyfire, exactly what I can't tell you because I don't have the patience to sit and figure it out.

So, still taking names for in-game communication and still would like people to sign up for Discord push notifications. We're light on enchanters, blasties and healies are easy to come by.

I'd also like to experiment in HS, so please include whether or not you are key'ed there.

Tankoos!

-Soekiwiz

Endorra
11-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Skyfire AoE was nerfed back in the day, it's not gonna work. IIRC certain mobs were flagged as dragons and thus immune to stun.

Swish
11-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Bump & Update -- We've successfully been AE'ing in Velk and Chardok. Something goes wrong in Skyfire, exactly what I can't tell you because I don't have the patience to sit and figure it out.

So, still taking names for in-game communication and still would like people to sign up for Discord push notifications. We're light on enchanters, blasties and healies are easy to come by.

I'd also like to experiment in HS, so please include whether or not you are key'ed there.

Tankoos!

-Soekiwiz

Now that I'd love to see streamed <3

RDawg816
11-07-2016, 03:30 PM
AE groups were nerfed for a reason. I can see whining I'm the future, when the pbae spells get changed to 6 targets....

Good job OP!

SoekiWiz
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
AE groups were nerfed for a reason. I can see whining I'm the future, when the pbae spells get changed to 6 targets....

Good job OP!

AE groups were not nerfed. AE'ing vast sections of a zone designed to host raids during the era its' content was "end game" was nerfed.

I'm not gonna do a whole citation and get into the granular detail, but basically the patch reasoning mentioned things like not being able to AE ~140 mobs on a dial up/dsl/early era cable modem connection.

People "complaining" is not why AE spell scripts were nerfed. People complain all day every day, about this or that or him or her. They'll continue to complain. *shrug*

The show goes on. Tonight will be more grouping -- free bump for replying to the opinion submission -- find me online to ask questions or join! :)

SoekiWiz
11-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Now that I'd love to see streamed <3

I haven't set up a twitch yet... I do however have the GeForce recording software. The name is escaping me right now, but if and when I get a group into HS for this I'll gladly record/post for you! It's gonna be messy learning it, but I like it that way :P

SoekiWiz
11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Skyfire AoE was nerfed back in the day, it's not gonna work. IIRC certain mobs were flagged as dragons and thus immune to stun.

-That- would make sense. Thank you!

RDawg816
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM
AE groups were not nerfed. AE'ing vast sections of a zone designed to host raids during the era its' content was "end game" was nerfed.

I'm not gonna do a whole citation and get into the granular detail, but basically the patch reasoning mentioned things like not being able to AE ~140 mobs on a dial up/dsl/early era cable modem connection.

People "complaining" is not why AE spell scripts were nerfed. People complain all day every day, about this or that or him or her. They'll continue to complain. *shrug*
Sure thing. I'm not here to argue. Good luck with your AEing...
I'm not going to speak too much to the technological reasons being given for AE nerf, as it was a general feeling amongst the staff, not just one or two people. However, there were additional reasons that changes needed to be made. Chardok AE trivializes XP Gain with loads of free time inbetween, which goes against the spirit of the entire game, not just Classic EQ. It's also one of the only spots you can do this, which is significantly unfair as a whole. Bard AE kiting also continues to cause issues with zone disruptions.

So while you may disagree with one or two of the reasons, there's certainly enough people here agreeing that the change overall needed to be made.

SoekiWiz
11-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Sure thing. I'm not here to argue. Good luck with your AEing...

Good talk :p

Handull
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM

-That- would make sense. Thank you!

That's actually not the problem. The puller intentionally avoided stun immune wurms for that reason. My logs of the Skyfire attempts show the first round fully stunning every mob that was pulled in. For whatever reason though, subsequent round would not get stunned fully and encs would start dying. Short of sitting down side by side (IRL) with three encs and testing it, I have no idea why Skyfire would be different from dungeons. The same encs had no problem stunning in Chardok, despite wiping in Skyfire, so it is hard to fault their technique. The only thing I can think of would be a possible latency/race-condition issue due to Skyfire being a larger zone and having a considerable number of roamers. We've done AE in Fear and PoG, however that's typically with a raid force, multiple encs, more than enough casters, and melee to pick up straglers, so it doesn't rule out similar zone size and pathing calculation issues.

SoekiWiz
11-08-2016, 12:15 PM
That's actually not the problem. The puller intentionally avoided stun immune wurms for that reason. My logs of the Skyfire attempts show the first round fully stunning every mob that was pulled in. For whatever reason though, subsequent round would not get stunned fully and encs would start dying. Short of sitting down side by side (IRL) with three encs and testing it, I have no idea why Skyfire would be different from dungeons. The same encs had no problem stunning in Chardok, despite wiping in Skyfire, so it is hard to fault their technique. The only thing I can think of would be a possible latency/race-condition issue due to Skyfire being a larger zone and having a considerable number of roamers. We've done AE in Fear and PoG, however that's typically with a raid force, multiple encs, more than enough casters, and melee to pick up straglers, so it doesn't rule out similar zone size and pathing calculation issues.

I hear ya. Whatever it was, Skyfire was a shit show and I won't be murdering people trying to figure out the mechanics, at least not for now.

Very eager to get a keyed group into HS so I can test those mechanics. For now, Velk's and Chardok are working just fine.

SoekiWiz
11-09-2016, 11:41 AM
Howling Stones test runs begin tonight.

Still looking for more sign-ups :)

Izmael
11-09-2016, 07:25 PM
We want a video of the HS AE !

SoekiWiz
11-10-2016, 12:25 PM
We want a video of the HS AE !

Didn't have a chance to get in there last night... I'm thinking about just posting a link to a name dump page that will upload them into a spreadsheet by level/class/play time instead of the Discord server.

If I can find a group of keyed folks ready to go at the times I'm online, I'll get it up there asap. Not just the wins, I'll put up all the blood and guts it takes to figure it out too ;)

Izmael
11-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Matter of fact, a DA character with a wing key can probably zone in, DA, run to a wing, fall in the first carpet trap they see, run to the basement pad and bring about 25 mobs with him in just a few seconds.

SoekiWiz
11-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Matter of fact, a DA character with a wing key can probably zone in, DA, run to a wing, fall in the first carpet trap they see, run to the basement pad and bring about 25 mobs with him in just a few seconds.

That's pretty much what we're gonna go for