PDA

View Full Version : Trade Prices Dropping

this user was banned
11-03-2016, 10:04 AM
I recently came back after a long break and noticed that since Velious was released prices have gone down.

a FBSS once sold for 12k is now selling for 4k and fungi tunics are now selling for 40-45k

Is this a result of the expansion loot hitting the market market in full force making other gear obsolete and less valuable in the process, a result of deflation now that the RMT market took a hit, or something else?

Lojik
11-03-2016, 10:08 AM
The result of many factors i think. In terms of the FBSS, SCHW are common and they're a good substitute for FBSS. Fungus tunics are still farmed a lot, and I think a lot of plat has left the market due to rechargables / lots of old money has left the server.

this user was banned
11-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Makes sense, it was just a matter of time before the market responded to the new expansion.

paulgiamatti
11-03-2016, 10:36 AM
The market response was immediate for a lot of stuff, but some items depreciated slower than others. Iksar Hide Boots for example went from 20k to 2k overnight after the launch. Cloak of Flames is still the same price. Kunark class BPs & legs are way cheaper now. Just depends on how useful/desirable the item is when compared to Velious stuff.

Lobus
11-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Aren't SCHW slightly better haste% and come with additional stats. Is there a reason why one should prefer a FBSS over the SCHW? asking for a friend...

paulgiamatti
11-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Only if you're a monk with epic, or if you have some amazing gloves you don't want to replace.

Rygar
11-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Aren't SCHW slightly better haste% and come with additional stats. Is there a reason why one should prefer a FBSS over the SCHW? asking for a friend...

The wiki stats are incorrect, must have been after a patch on live. P99 gloves have no stats, are only 5ac (not 12), but is 22% vs 21%.

I prefer sash of the dragonborn myself for the little extra cash, 24% haste, tiny bit of ac.

maskedmelon
11-03-2016, 11:13 AM
The gloves give 3 to a few resists too

Alanus
11-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Many of the items have similar or better and more easily obtainable in Velious:
Iksar Hide Boots have lodizal boots and CC boots
Heiro Cloak has that cloak from Kael and lodizal shell shield
FBSS has SCHW
Kunark bp/legs have thurg/kael/ss bps

Others, like fungi tunics, are still being farmed and valuable but there's tons of them on the server. Plus plat is becoming more "valuable" as old plat leaves the server and is spent on velious items.

Rygar
11-03-2016, 12:09 PM
The gloves give 3 to a few resists too

Oh yea, I forgot about those!

big_ole_jpn
11-03-2016, 12:31 PM
i really regret keeping my net worth in items. im worth about 1/10 the platinum coins i was at peak, all my BIS kunark droppables are worth shit.

thufir
11-03-2016, 01:16 PM

Belt slot vs glove slot. Good gloves are pretty easy to get. Good belts are rarer and more expensive, generally.

But yeah, if you can find a solid belt (TBB, silken cat fur girdle, etc.) and your gloves are kinda mediocre, just get SCHW instead of FBSS. It's cheaper, even!

schnickusaurus
11-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Never hold items, always have your shit for sale. Thats how you succeed in the tunnel.

The winner is Tolan's Bracer really. Im still amazed. Rangers are so cool..

paulgiamatti
11-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Yeah but failing at the tunnel is kinda like succeeding at the game. TAI.

(This is how I rationalize spending an inordinate amount of platinum on my VS legs prior to launch.)

Trollhide
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
SCHW fucks up ya fashionquest game and is really only acceptable to be used on pre-epic monks

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
SCHW fucks up ya fashionquest game and is really only acceptable to be used on pre-epic monks

Is a true dilemma, for sure. Wear schw and get cheap, decent haste, or be forced to get a crappy fbss that has less haste yet doesn't gimp up your fashionquesting?

Swish
11-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Never hold items, always have your shit for sale. Thats how you succeed in the tunnel.

The winner is Tolan's Bracer really. Im still amazed. Rangers are so cool..

I'm not looking for them but there's threads where you're speculating on prices going up, or manipulating prices by buying multiples and holding onto them.

Meanwhile a player new to the game is going to be locked out due to inflation anyway but you're really not helping "first month" players have any access to anything half decent. Allow me to speculate. Without the tunnel rats we'd retain more new players who feel the mountain is worth climbing, and not something that's borderline only doable for the mentally ill.

How many Highkeep guards do you have to kill to "get ahead" these days? Working for the FCC isn't something I'd enjoy.

fadetree
11-04-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm not looking for them but there's threads where you're speculating on prices going up, or manipulating prices by buying multiples and holding onto them.

Meanwhile a player new to the game is going to be locked out due to inflation anyway but you're really not helping "first month" players have any access to anything half decent. Allow me to speculate. Without the tunnel rats we'd retain more new players who feel the mountain is worth climbing, and not something that's borderline only doable for the mentally ill.

How many Highkeep guards do you have to kill to "get ahead" these days? Working for the FCC isn't something I'd enjoy.

I'll say it again, shit's cheap nowadays. I would MUCH rather have to re-gear now as a noob than the way it was when I first did it. Prices have dropped enormously for nearly everything.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 01:39 PM

Total bullshit. A brand new, ungeared player can enter EC and start making plats simply by killing low level skellies, collecting their bone chips and then selling them.

One stack of bone chips is no less than 10pp.

HQ bear skins go for 30pp, with a little work a new player can get their tailoring up and make backpacks themselves that sell for 60pp.

There are so many ways to make plats on this server/game.

In no way are new players "locked out due to inflation" and being run off the game and server by "tunnel rats".

An interesting theory, but nonetheless ridiculous. :D

Swish
11-04-2016, 01:48 PM

If you're willing to sit there for hours (6-7pp a stack is more reasonable). By the time you've done the tunnel time you could have probably leveled and been given better access to more profitable camps (Nybright sisters etc) which is still a bad idea because the most profitable stuff comes in the 50s and 60.

No substitute for leveling and then starting your shitty trader career at 54+

Ravager
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Total bullshit. A brand new, ungeared player can enter EC and start making plats simply by killing low level skellies, collecting their bone chips and then selling them.

HQ bear skins go for 30pp, with a little work a new player can get their tailoring up and make backpacks themselves that sell for 60pp.

There are so many ways to make plats on this server/game.

In no way are new players "locked out due to inflation" and being run off the game and server by "tunnel rats".

An interesting theory, but nonetheless ridiculous. :D
This is accurate. All anyone needs is patience and a strategy and they can game EC Tunnel with the best of them. But just like the rest of the game, if you want to advance significantly in the EC Tunnel game you're going to have to commit to a time sink.

Here's a simple strategy anyone can follow: Buy something in EC, mark it up 10% and resell it. Repeat. If you can increase your bankroll by 10% everyday, you'll double it in a week. If you started with 100p and doubled your bankroll every week, you'd have over a million plat in 3 months time. If you pay attention to what moves and what doesn't, you can probably shave a couple weeks off that time.

Vandil
11-04-2016, 02:10 PM
There are a lot of people new to EQ or nostalgiac players without patience who are looking for an instant 1000pp EC tunnel twink. They just want to roll a toon, buy gear and go kill things effortlessly due to massive weapon damage and AC. And they want to do it right away at level 1.

They either don't realize or forgot that EQ is a very unforgiving game to start when you've got no one to twink you.

You go to put in your time to make your own patchwork or silk armor, sharpen your rusty weapons, and sell enough Bone Chips to show up in EC tunnel and get your banded armor and magic weapon.

Lhancelot
11-04-2016, 02:11 PM
There are a lot of people new to EQ or nostalgiac players without patience who are looking for an instant 1000pp EC tunnel twink. They just want to roll a toon, buy gear and go kill things effortlessly due to massive weapon damage and AC. And they want to do it right away at level 1.

They either don't realize or forgot that EQ is a very unforgiving game to start when you've got no one to twink you.

You go to put in your time to make your own patchwork or silk armor, sharpen your rusty weapons, and sell enough Bone Chips to show up in EC tunnel and get your banded armor and magic weapon.

That's why I like this game.

Jimjam
11-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Spending levels 1-4 farming decaying skeletons for cloth armor, rusty weapons, bone chips and back packs clearly the most fun part of the game! 3 backpacks full of bone chips, 40pp from vendor trash and most slots filled by level 5. That rusty/tarnished two hander works fine when you are one hit killing xp mobs!

The only real question is whether to settle for a 1:2 ratio weapon with the 40pp and hand in the bone chips for level 10 or to turn the bone chips into plat for more items. I think handing them in is a good call, upgrades that armor to tattered if you are small plus gets you to a good level for quickly accumulating crushbone belt (if you wanna group) or wisps (for solo).

eisley
11-05-2016, 06:54 PM
fungi camp was seldom camped for quite some time following the release of velious, but now that things have settled down it is almost always camped.

also, the market of fungis was mostly controlled by just a few people for quite some time, so the market was a bit skewed. things have opened up since

Ura Fay Gate
11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
More than the demand currently

Salahdin
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Thank god for SCHWs coz haste is now affordable.

Going levels 25-40 in unrest I was generating 150-200 plat a level selling FS armor to the rogue merch in DC. So after 10-15 levels I could buy some SCHWs; now when FBSS was 14k? I wouldn't have haste till deep in to my 40's/possibly 50's.

In addition, the FBSS camp was hotseated by afk level 60's killing the 3-4 mobs in that camp 24/7

HASTE FOR ALL I SAY! HASTE FOR THE COMMON MAN!

p.s. velious is a blessing for casuals/ those of us who don't want to play 15 hours a day farming plat just to buy upgrades -- think crusty armor, think the reduction in costs for cultural armor ( I saw a set of 7 bits of cultrual dwarf armor for 7k the other day ).

vincenzo
11-05-2016, 08:39 PM
You're all missing the point.

No one wants to spend 3 months in EC building a bankroll. People want to play the game not run a god damn cartel you autists.

Salahdin
11-05-2016, 08:46 PM

No one wants to spend 3 months in EC building a bankroll. People want to play the game not run a god damn cartel you autists.

http://i.imgur.com/xNoeMi3.gif

Lhancelot
11-05-2016, 08:54 PM

Translation: No one wants to spend time developing their character they want everything handed to them so they don't have to work at anything.

Ravager
11-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Translation: No one wants to spend time developing their character they want everything handed to them so they don't have to work at anything.
There's an inbetween to the two extremes, most people want the inbetween.

schnickusaurus
11-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Alot of high prices have been due to RMT, and that sucks. Good think they banned most of them, hopefully all

Swish
11-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Alot of high prices have been due to RMT, and that sucks. Good think they banned most of them, hopefully all

You're not fooling anyone you know.

psst Braknar!