PDA

View Full Version : Hello! More questions but this time I have a little clue atleast :)

Jester
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello all!

I have come up with some new questions I'd love to get answered now.
My character is now a Lvl 9 Druid, closing in on Lvl 10!

1. The Memorized Spells hotbar with 8 slots in it, is there any way to make another one of those? Or make a macro or something to make like a "Buff Spell Bar" and a "PvM Spell Bar" ? Finding it very annoying now that I have 5 different buffs to memorize, cast, then re-memorize my attack spells.

2. Speaking about buffs, I have a question about this too. I now have Skin like Wood which is a AC/HP buff, and I have another spell I think called Skin Of Thistles which is a AC/Damage shield buff, and I have yet another one too. My question is, how do I know what spells stack and not? Is it so easy that if I can cast them all on myself they all work together? I haven't figured it out myself, and people in-game give different answers.

Also, which buff is better if I have to chose, AC/HP buff or AC/Dmg Shield ? (I think I have 2 Dmg shields, do they stack? I don't know :/ )

3. I have alot of new spells now, they cost alot more Mana, is it worth it to keep 2 Fire DDs on the hotbar and both heals? Since there are so few spots it's hard to choose I think. I run out of mana in no time with my new spells but since they do alot more damage I figure I should be using them.

4. How do I change my Binding location? I am still bound in North Qeynos, how do I change it and how can I know where I can bind? Is it possible in every town, and if so is it at a special "Bind NPC" ?

5. Hotbars, is it possible to have 2 hotbars up? Right now I only have one, I have some spells on #2 if I press shift+2, but it would be alot easier if I could just "pull" #2 bar out and have it on screen.

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Imril

Chanus
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
1. Nope. You get eight. You can make spell sets, though, which you can switch between fairly easily. Right click on the little red book icon.

2. If you can cast them on yourself and they land, they stack. Other than just simple cues like all the "Skin Like" spells are of the same line and won't stack, you could get in-depth and look at the spell stacking on lucy.allakhazam.com.

2b. If they stack, use both. If they don't stack, DS > HP.

3. Generally, your new spells will be upgrades to your older spells, so you don't need to keep both. The only damage spells you would want to keep once you get new ones are DoTs (Damage Over Time), as they tend to stack.

4. When you reach level 14 (I think for Druids), you will get the spell Bind Affinity and you can bind yourself anywhere. Otherwise, you can be bound by another player with the spell in cities.

5. You can have more than one hotbar up. Go to Options > Keys > Hotkeys to set toggle keys for a second hotbar.

quenyar
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Hiya :) Here are my quick answers to yer' questions:

1. Classic Everquest limits the amount of simultaneously memmed spells to 8. It is not possible to exceed this number. Some expansions later a 9th memmed spell was a possibility.

2. As a druid, your ac/hp buffs and ac/ds buffs do stack, but you can never stack two spells of the same type, ex: Skin like Wood doesnt stack with Skin like Rock. You can always tell if two buffs stack by first casting one and the casting the second. If two different buff icons are created you will know, that they stack with each other.

3. As a general rule; the higher the level of spells you use in terms of healing and damaging the better the effect/mana ratio is. That being said, it is sometimes worth while to keep a lower damage nuke memmed to finish off mobs with low hp. I guess it really comes down to the type of role you have in your group or how you solo mobs. I usually prefer having the highest amount damage or heal spell memmed and use the other spell slots for utility spells such as root/snare/gate etc.

4. As a druid you get the Bind Affinity spell at level 14, allowing you to bind anywhere in the world. Until you get the spell yourself, you will have to ask higher level players to bind you. And they in turn will onlybe able to bind you in residential areas (Gfaydark, Freeport etc.)

5. I think the Titanium client only allows one hotbar (10 slots) up at the time. Therefore you have to cycle with shift between the hotbars :)

Hope this helps you :)

john_savage1982
01-18-2011, 10:57 AM
1) 8 spells up at once - can make spell sets as indicated in previous post by right clicking spell book icon

2) Lines of buffs typically don't stack. For instance, Skin like Wood doesn't stack with Skin like Rock. Also, cross-class buffs don't stack if they fall in the same family. For instance, cleric's hp/ac buff will likely overwrite your skin buffs. Same with your DS - magician DS will likely overwrite yours. Further, a higher level SoW buff will overwrite.

3) The higher the level spell the better mana ratio is therefore you should always use your higher level spells.

4) Bind Affinity - Level 14 - all casters get this spell at level 12 (wiz, mag, nec, enc) and 14 (sham, druid, cleric). You can bind yourself anywhere but you can only bind others if you are grouped and in certain residual areas.

5) 10 hotbars at once in titanium

Fatalist
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
5. I think the Titanium client only allows one hotbar (10 slots) up at the time. Therefore you have to cycle with shift between the hotbars :)

If you follow the optional instructions mentioned on the "getting started" site you could have more then one hotbar visible at the same time:

"For the velious style User Interface, navigate to the uifiles folder, make a new folder called velious, navigate into it, and extract this into that folder:
http://www.project1999.org/files/veliousuiv3.zip
In order to activate this UI, you must type "/loadskin velious" from ingame"

Rasah
01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Looks like most of the questions have been answered for you. As a higher level druid, here is an example of what my soloing spells are that I have memmed:

Root, snare, gate (just an old habit), Drifting Death (65/tick), Drones of Doom (34/tick), Creeping Crud (21/tick), Immolate (24/tick), DD spell. All of those DoTs stack, and they are all more efficient damage/mana than using a DD.

So that's 4 DoT's, 1 DD, 2 movement impacting spells and 1 utility.

I give up some efficiency to load up all of the DoTs at one time, but I'd rather be done with mobs after 1 minute instead of dealing with it for 2.

As far as the DD, it depends on what you are doing. One mob that I am currently killing takes a root, 4 DoTs, and a DD when he gets to about 7%. However, I only need the level 19 DD to finish him off. I can do this because I've killed countless ones and it is always the same. As you get more experience with it, you will learn what is most efficient for you and your play style.

Dr4z3r
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
If you follow the optional instructions mentioned on the "getting started" site you could have more then one hotbar visible at the same time:

"For the velious style User Interface, navigate to the uifiles folder, make a new folder called velious, navigate into it, and extract this into that folder:
http://www.project1999.org/files/veliousuiv3.zip
In order to activate this UI, you must type "/loadskin velious" from ingame"

There's no need to do this. The default Titanium UI includes the option to have 1-10 hotbars on the screen simultaneously.