PDA

View Full Version : Merchants paying for quested items

Slashurr
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I have a bunch of greater lightstones that I want to turn in in north karana for the exp and the loot.

the problem is merchants aren't giving me the plat when I sell the concordance of research to them.

I read a post by one of the developers uthgaard or whatever that said that this is a known problem and is going to be fixed soon and that people who sold quest related items will be reimbursed as soon as this fix is implemented.

Is there any way that this can be guaranteed? I really want to turn in my bags of GLS because they are great exp but if I am not guranateed the plat that I earned I feel as if I should just wait.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Slashurr
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
PS - i would just keep my concordances and wait until it's fixed to sell them, but they count as containers and take up TONS of space..

Chanus
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=204687&postcount=3

Slashurr
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
thank you for your prompt reply -

I imagine you know more than me.. he says it is fixed, but how long until the fix is implented?

Also, is there some sort of a precedent for this type of thing.. IE - plat being reimbursed that someone should have received from a vendor? I just want some reassurance that if I sell a bunch of these concordance of research things that I will be paid pretty soon.

So thanks for the link but if someone could actually answer these concerns I would be very thankful.

Chanus
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
No one has said when the next patch will be.

Uthgaard is a developer and he says we will be reimbursed...

That's about as good as it's going to get for an answer unless one of the Devs decides to say something different, but they haven't been terribly forthcoming about a timeline.

Slashurr
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
got you. Thanks for the help, one last question:

If YOU were in my shoes.. would YOU trust the devs and sell the concordances and risk losing hundreds of plat or would you elect to wait.

See, if I keep playing the exp I get from turning in these GLS will be moot. But if I turn them in now, I basically am FORCED to sell the concordances because they are containers. So if I wait these GLS will still be good for PP but not good for exp. If i turn them in now, they will be amazing exp but I run the risk of losing the sweet sweet plat.

What would you do if placed in my shoes?

Chanus
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Uthgaard said it will be fine to keep selling items.

I trust him.

Edit: Also, I am in your shoes. Waiting on a good bit of coin for an alt.

guineapig
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Just think of it as a big tax refund when it finally happens. I can't wait to see how much I'm getting back :)

Versus
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
This quest worked for me not 3 days ago. GLS = Concordance = 9p from the girl who you hand the GLS in to.

Chanus
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Did it say you got 9p or did you actually see 9p added to your total in inventory?