PDA

View Full Version : Help!

LazyFuj
02-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I need some help please.

The character screen is not Classic, I can choose a frog race and the look isn't what Classic looked before?? Is this how its supposed to be or did I mess up some files on install? Yes I read and did everything I was supposed to do Re: Install

Also my UI isn't classic either? its always in the transparent mode? Looks like a Luclin UI? No I didn't download any new UIs, using the default old.

Please help!

President
02-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm going to make a wild guess... you didn't install EQ Titanium?

LazyFuj
02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I did install it.....

Myth
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Vah shir, frog, iksar, berserker, beastlord all show up but you can't make one.

That's just how it is. Titanium was after luclin and ykesha so the additional races will be on the char creation screen.

-TK-
02-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I installed Titanium and have black transparent backgrounds on the windows. I'm using Japino's Velious UI and I'm wondering if there is a way to get the original stone-looking backgrounds. Everything else is working great. Thank you.

LazyFuj
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Vah shir, frog, iksar, berserker, beastlord all show up but you can't make one.

That's just how it is. Titanium was after luclin and ykesha so the additional races will be on the char creation screen.

Ah ok... But as far as in-game UI? I really liked the classic EQ transparent mode not the one that is currently on now. I have a "EQ" symbol on the bottom left and it acts like a MENU and pulls up all kinds of stuff you can do.

Help!

Myth
02-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Get the Classic velious UI in the getting started post. It's the closest you are going to get. There is another classic one on eqinterface.com but I haven't tested it

LazyFuj
02-02-2010, 01:26 AM
so basically getting this UI is near impossible? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/alphabeta/original-screenshot.jpg :(

Kuldiin
02-02-2010, 02:44 AM
so basically getting this UI is near impossible? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/alphabeta/original-screenshot.jpg :(

Now thats a UI :)

LazyFuj
02-02-2010, 03:15 AM
its not the greatest looking but it is simple, no maps, compass or a EQ startup menu.

But really, why do I have a compass on my UI? That isn't classic!

Pikle
02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
omg it's not going to be perfectly classic! it's an attempt at as classic as they can get. And there is so much code they can't possible fix everything the way it was, plus I'm sure some of files are almost impossible to find.

And as for that screenshot, haha, that's hilarious, a rogue only carrying 2 bags and lvl 43 with horrible stats :( just too funny!

LazyFuj
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
ok so I am using the Velious UI, feels as good as classic. I know there is alot of code, question was is there a classic UI. I got my answer and now I use Velious UI.

Screenie was from some googled image lol..

Spud
02-03-2010, 12:32 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/alphabeta/original-screenshot.jpg

haha i remember this image from the back of the box.

That rogue has some pretty noob gear for lvl 43

Hasbinbad
02-03-2010, 01:11 AM
omg i knew i remembered that pic from somewhere!

Secrets
02-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah, the UI isn't going to be 100% perfect, mainly because it's EverQuest Titanium and not EverQuest Trilogy. While content is restricted to be classic the client limitation is still there.

As for the non-Velious UI, I don't think there is one. I know EQClassic's client has the old UI but that's a different thing altogether.

shadowdreamer5
07-14-2010, 02:24 AM
So, I thought iksars were out for this game? So you are not able to make them?

Overcast
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM
its not the greatest looking but it is simple, no maps, compass or a EQ startup menu.

But really, why do I have a compass on my UI? That isn't classic!

The compass is there, but in order for it to work 100% - press sense heading about 1.27 Million times.... :)

Gorgetrapper
07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
So, I thought iksars were out for this game? So you are not able to make them?

You're responding to a near 6 month old thread, Kunark isn't released on this server yet, so no you're not able to make them.

The compass is there, but in order for it to work 100% - press sense heading about 1.27 Million times.... :)

Again, responding to a 6 month old thread.