tobolamr
11-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Voted. So did the wife.

this user was banned
11-08-2016, 01:12 PM
"None of the above" for president!

Gumbo
11-08-2016, 04:12 PM
I know a few people who are going to vote for a candidate just because they don't like the other candidate. But they don't like the candidate they are voting for either. So I tell them to just not vote. Why waste a vote on someone you don't like just cause you don't like the other candidate even more?

myriverse
11-08-2016, 04:12 PM
This could be your year, Fippy!

I know a few people who are going to vote for a candidate just because they don't like the other candidate. But they don't like the candidate they are voting for either. So I tell them to just not vote. Why waste a vote on someone you don't like just cause you don't like the other candidate even more?
Not voting is the waste.

Swish
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Good luck with that old witch.

Cecily
11-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Cthulhu 2016 - Why settle for the lesser evil?

AshurFoH
11-08-2016, 04:19 PM
It's only important that you vote if you care.

Note: I do and I did

Gumbo
11-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Not voting is the waste.

How could not voting be a waste?

If I don't like Trump and if I don't like Clinton then I'm not going to vote Trump just cause I don't like Clinton more.

Swish
11-08-2016, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/STs4iDA.jpg

Sorn
11-08-2016, 04:34 PM

Contrary to what everyone on the internet apparently thinks, they aren't the only two presidential candidates on the ballot (at least in my state). It's worth hitting the polls just for that.

There's likely going to be some stronger representation from 'third party' candidates (libertarian candidates, maybe Green party as well) than in past elections thanks to voters dissatisfied with the two big ticket candidates. While they have no chance at winning, it's evidence of the beginnings of some serious political upheaval that goes beyond the toddlerific 'he said she said insert pithy zinger here' state of politics at the moment.

I think most people will just be happy this is over with for now. It's been a shitshow ever since those two got picked for the ticket. Not to mention the majority Republican states have been closing down polling locations and trying to cut back early voting specifically to target minorities (which they state baldly in court - predominantly black areas tend to also be predominantly Democratic), so lines in the South are gonna be long as hell. (Google North Carolina voter suppression if you're curious - that's just one example.)

maskedmelon
11-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Cthulhu 2016 - Why settle for the lesser evil?

lol :3

Pumpedup
11-08-2016, 07:34 PM
write me in

doug Wilson

Lhancelot
11-08-2016, 07:41 PM
I think most people will just be happy this is over with for now. It's been a shitshow ever since those two got picked for the ticket.

Man, this so much. I just said this to someone today, almost verbatim.

Just stick someone in there already, and try to make the best of the ride.

supermonk
11-09-2016, 11:50 AM
honestly, the popular vote doesn't matter - it's an illusion that we citizens actually have a direct impact on who wins. prime example, clinton won the popular vote (barely), but still got destroyed in electoral.

unless you live in a swing state, your vote doesn't matter. come to think of it, your vote still doesn't count in a swing state because the electoral college is making their selection for you. the only real effect your vote has is putting your candidate in the electoral college way before the actual election and hope they vote for your party, but in the end they're still the ones who choose the president.

Thulack
11-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Good luck with that old witch.

I dont think Donald would like being called a old witch.. :(

Portsche
11-09-2016, 01:13 PM
honestly, the popular vote doesn't matter - it's an illusion that we citizens actually have a direct impact on who wins. prime example, clinton won the popular vote (barely), but still got destroyed in electoral.

unless you live in a swing state, your vote doesn't matter. come to think of it, your vote still doesn't count in a swing state because the electoral college is making their selection for you. the only real effect your vote has is putting your candidate in the electoral college way before the actual election and hope they vote for your party, but in the end they're still the ones who choose the president.

Which is why the electoral college is stupid. It doesn't matter if you manage to get more votes from actual people than your opponent (just happened to be Clinton this time), you can still lose.

Swish
11-09-2016, 01:23 PM
I dont think Donald would like being called a old witch.. :(

I could have made 3.5x my stake if I'd put a bet on Trump to win. What a missed opportunity :(

Pumpedup
11-09-2016, 02:09 PM
popular vote decides all, all the poor people voted for Hilary for free stuff and all other americans made their vote be heard.

I was VERY Disappointed to see Miami ft laud and palm beach vote democrat but we had enough real americans in other counties to outweigh the poor browns who think Hilary is going to give them free shit.

and that mentality is why poor people are poor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM

Sorn
11-09-2016, 02:41 PM
popular vote decides all, all the poor people voted for Hilary for free stuff and all other americans made their vote be heard.

I was VERY Disappointed to see Miami ft laud and palm beach vote democrat but we had enough real americans in other counties to outweigh the poor browns who think Hilary is going to give them free shit.

This is so ignorant it's gonna get this thread sent to Off Topic (not that it doesn't already need to be merged with the mega shitpost at some point).

There are a LOT of societal factors that go into creating an impoverished class, but I won't get into that. It is the poor white rural communities across the midwestern US and in the South that put Trump in office. They're the ones who tend to vote Republican, anyway.

nyclin
11-09-2016, 02:41 PM
grats youtube comments section on winning the 2016 election

you know it's a good year when you can't tell the difference between a /b/ troll and a trump supporter

paulgiamatti
11-09-2016, 03:03 PM

Yeesh. I know there are a lot of racists on P99, but good grief.

Swish
11-09-2016, 04:32 PM

http://i.imgur.com/qrfXbqn.gif