PDA

View Full Version : Loving killing guards

Bristletoe
11-08-2016, 02:17 PM
34 magician here - LOVE my magician. I need some advice on where I should go next. I'm currently in highkeep killing guards which has been great money and plat. I'm looking for some advice on where to go next around 35ish. I want to find some guards to kill... maybe? Something that is fun and good money. Thanks

justinf1000
11-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Could do oggok guards if you're slick

Ravager
11-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Hill Giants are the best plat until 51 if you can kill them at your level.

Evia
11-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Could do oggok guards if you're slick

My shaman did the oggok guards after the Highkeep guards turned green on me.

arsenalpow
11-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Halfling spears always sold for a ton

Ella`Ella
11-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Halfling spears always sold for a ton

Baler
11-08-2016, 02:48 PM
;) Don't say I never did anything for you p99 forums.

Some city guards and how much they're worth per kill.
Paineel - 8pp each (warrior)
Oggok - 8pp each (warrior)
Rivervale - 12pp each (warrior)
Kaladim - 15pp each (warrior)
Felwithe - 20pp each (paladin)

Of course CHA and faction standing affect how much you get for selling their drop(s).

Nozdormu
11-08-2016, 03:40 PM
You can stay in Highkeep until 40

Swish
11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
34 magician here - LOVE my magician. I need some advice on where I should go next. I'm currently in highkeep killing guards which has been great money and plat. I'm looking for some advice on where to go next around 35ish. I want to find some guards to kill... maybe? Something that is fun and good money. Thanks

1. Build your Paineel guard reputation up in The Warrens (I think that works, not tried) or Tox.
2. Get a key (say "keyz" to the guards in the newbie area, needs amiable or above)
3. Go into Paineel near the bank, start slaying. No faction hits afaik.

Bank is on site, vendors on site. Good til 48, or 50 if you dont mind killing light blue/green con mobs.

At 48-49 you can go to the back end of Felwithe and slay guards there til 53.

Hill Giants are the best plat until 51 if you can kill them at your level.

This is about guards dum dum.

Ravager
11-08-2016, 04:03 PM
This is about guards dum dum.
He said he wanted to make plat. Leave the name calling in RnF.

RDawg816
11-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Something that is fun and good money. Thanks
Fun and money I'd recommend SolA killing for FS and Ore, maybe even get some named loot. HGs (SGs) and maybe Oggok guards would be next most fun imho.

kaev
11-08-2016, 04:07 PM

C'mon man, we all know what he is already. Please stop quoting him, it's the attention he's begging for. :(

Swish
11-08-2016, 04:08 PM

I'm looking for some advice on where to go next around 35ish. I want to find some guards to kill...

Also Paineel guards are a way better money maker than Hill Giants (particularly with a pet), sorry if you're upset. OP please PM me if you want further details ^^

Ravager
11-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Nice try, Swish.

RDawg816
11-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Also Paineel guards are a way better money maker than Hill Giants (particularly with a pet)
This is true. It's also mind-numbingly boring...

Cecily
11-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Hill giants aren't a good income source here. I don't there's as many spawns as on live. Paineel guards are awesome though. And fun.

Baler
11-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I'm surprised no one sells Heretic faction grind. All it takes is a high level character with an ae spell. Heck I've even done it for someone with my mage, They ran around tagging the kobolds and I AE'd.

Easy 1000pp per hour! No RNG required.
EXP from level 20 to level 50.

Let's populate Paineel guard farming. ;)
You thought there was drama at seafurys? look out!

Vendor + Bank in zone!

There is at least 5 guards who are in the 30's range I believe.
All the rest are level 10-25ish I think.

The secret is out~! people will be crying soon!

Ravager
11-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I've always done well with the hill giants. There's a spawn point in EK and WK that each produce a giant every 6m40s. Pretty steady rate of plat for a solo person.

Swish
11-08-2016, 04:55 PM
This is true. It's also mind-numbingly boring...

I'm struggling to think of a cash camp that is engaging and edge-of-the-seat-exciting myself.

Answers on a post card :p

Cecily
11-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I always really enjoyed slaying those guards with my rogues. Some people don't like EQ.

Lhancelot
11-08-2016, 07:51 PM
I always really enjoyed slaying those guards with my rogues. Some people don't like EQ.
Rogue, solo? Surely you had to wait till they were quite a bit lower in lvl, right?

If not, do share on how you killed guards; seems on rogue you'd take way too much damage to solo anything effectively unless you uber geared.

Cecily
11-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Rogue solo usually means a 5 level gap between you and what you're killing. I think I started doing paineel low or mid 20s here and on red w/ my main rogues. Was probably.. 4 I could kill. That number goes up as you level, you bind wound in between and learn how to not agro things that'll kill you in that death trap of a town.

Ravager
11-08-2016, 08:10 PM
The pass-through backstab is quite effective if you get the timing right too, just don't try it with rogue mobs.

Secrets
11-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Kelethin guards are where it's at. 16 or so spawns, they can all be root rotted. Low HP. 12p fine steel long swords. Make friends with a level 1 who can sell stuff and take a percentage out for you and it's still 10p per kill. Can do that till 55ish.

At that point, it's best to move to Ice Giants. Ice Giants are probably the best PP/hr outside of seafuries and seb bugs in terms of lazy camps and will get you to 60.

Baler
11-08-2016, 08:41 PM
real talk,. for plat camp.
Paineel guards (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2397887&postcount=17) uncontested with zero rng is 1k plat per hour, vendor food.
Seafuries with good rng is top dog, more then 1k plat per hour from vendor food.

I've always read about Kelethin guards but never got around to trying them out. It always seemed like it would be a pain to navigate that city.

For people who can FD Kaladim has a boat load of guards in a pocket to the east. (south kaladim, 12 on the map) Combine those kills with guards at the entrance. Find a lowbie dorf to sell for you. (You can bank as any race in kaladim)
It's probably close to the paineel plat per hour. My math was something like 900~ plat per hour via kaladim guards.

Kaladim guards are not terrible exp, can go 55+ from them as well.

Edit: Grobb guards (the ones inside grobb)
Troll guards in Grobb are also good, I almost forgot about them. Plat and exp. I've seen enchanter doing awesome in there.

Lhancelot
11-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I've always read about Kelethin guards but never got around to trying them out. It always seemed like it would be a pain to navigate that city.

Kelethin is great. What you have to learn is how to pull guards without aggroing other guards to a safe spot. This is easy with levitate.

Navigating Kelethin with levitate makes it a breeze, in fact it gets fun floating from building top to building top, across their annoying bridges totally circumventing the city's naturally labyrinthine walkways and paths.

It's fun hitting a guard with a slow, then floating back up to a top platform where they follow you to their impending death.

It's probably the most fun guard spot I ever killed at, tbh.

LethClaypool
11-09-2016, 02:16 AM
Kelethin was good enough to say to hell with my epic on Leth before Velious came out. Think I hit 56-57 out there before I sac'd down. I know for a fact many of them were still dark blue at 54.

Swish
11-09-2016, 02:36 AM
real talk,. for plat camp.
Paineel guards (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2397887&postcount=17) uncontested with zero rng is 1k plat per hour, vendor food.
Seafuries with good rng is top dog, more then 1k plat per hour from vendor food.

For people who can FD Kaladim has a boat load of guards in a pocket to the east. (south kaladim, 12 on the map) Combine those kills with guards at the entrance. Find a lowbie dorf to sell for you. (You can bank as any race in kaladim)
It's probably close to the paineel plat per hour. My math was something like 900~ plat per hour via kaladim guards.

Kaladim guards are not terrible exp, can go 55+ from them as well.

Edit: Grobb guards (the ones inside grobb)
Troll guards in Grobb are also good, I almost forgot about them. Plat and exp. I've seen enchanter doing awesome in there.

Seafuries has to be dead for it to be really profitable. The asshattery on that island is rivalled only in the raiding world in the form of petitionquest.

As an enchanter in Paineel at about 45 I used to take a high level guard after clearing the top level area and run him through the lower guards, looting everything on the way. Be a pal to the server though, there's only 2 guards that issue newbies with a lift key - don't kill both of them or they can't get out without assistance and they're on a LONG respawn.

Kelethin guards I did on red on my wizard, similar level to Felwithe ones which are less populated but drop more per kill (at least a 21pp vendor sold 2h sword). In either Felwithe/Kelethin's case, its good to bind at the Steamfont druid rings and sell there, and LOS bank in whichever city on your way back in.

In Kelethin's case, I used the platform outside the rogue guild as a base for medding and would roam out from there.

drunkwithpower
11-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Once you get to 39-40 hit the Spectres in Feerrott and you can stay there until 50-51. Start with the one outside the cavern and add additional Spectres (there are 7 total, 1 outside and 6 in the cavern) as you gain levels. At 50 most will be green but all will still give experience. Nice safe camp with some decent money from scythes (12p), bronze scythes (3p), and various gems/rings (3-12p each). Only issue is the scythes weigh about 12 each so best to ignore the bronze ones.