PDA

View Full Version : The people have spoken!

Lhancelot
11-09-2016, 08:39 AM
All hail our new POTUS!

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_innoruuk.jpg

Foxplay
11-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Too perfect

this user was banned
11-09-2016, 11:00 AM
All hail our new POTUS!

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_innoruuk.jpg

Uhm, Obama is not going to be president again...

Expediency
11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Prexus is still Lord of Norrath and will be until the oceans rise up to cover all the lands.

paulgiamatti
11-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Actually, the people chose HRC. The Electoral College has spoken.

Baler
11-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Actually, the people chose HRC. The Electoral College has spoken.

popular vote was a tie. Wake up, jeez.

Vallanor
11-09-2016, 02:42 PM
We the citizens of Norrath must band together and rid ourselves of this Lord of Hate. Amass at the WC wizard spires!

Oh and bring some money for stones please. I'm not porting you up on my own dime.

paulgiamatti
11-09-2016, 02:56 PM

I don't think numbers work the way you think numbers work.

Nixtar
11-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Politics on the forums. This will end well, for sure!

Swish
11-09-2016, 04:30 PM

Same shit in England. UKIP gathered 4 million votes which gave them 1 MP in the House of Commons.

The SNP (Scotland) got less votes and have dozens of MPs elected, all due to the way the system is.

tobolamr
11-09-2016, 04:37 PM
dude, that pic is missing the bad toupee...

skarlorn
11-09-2016, 04:55 PM
good thread here lhance, praise be to retarded EC system, praise be to myself for not voting and correctly guessing my county's choice

CheeseRoll
11-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Same shit in England. UKIP gathered 4 million votes which gave them 1 MP in the House of Commons.

The SNP (Scotland) got less votes and have dozens of MPs elected, all due to the way the system is.

Talking about America here, a great country, not some little island that used to be great.

Baler
11-09-2016, 05:23 PM
@CheeseRoll that was rude and uncalled for.

maskedmelon
11-09-2016, 05:24 PM

What is MP and SNP?

paulgiamatti
11-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Oh oh, I know this - Member (of) Parliament and Scottish National Party.

Our ridiculous year-and-a-half long election cycle is so mind-numbing and draining, makes me wish we stuck with a parliamentary system.

maskedmelon
11-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Oh ty :3

Who said they could delete the "o" though!? o(`ω´ )o

CheeseRoll
11-09-2016, 05:33 PM
@CheeseRoll that was rude and uncalled for.

His post was off topic, we talking about America, and he had nothing to talk about so he injected his country into this discussion of a great country, I call that RUDE.

tobolamr
11-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Oh oh, I know this - Member (of) Parliament and Scottish National Party.

Our ridiculous year-and-a-half long election cycle is so mind-numbing and draining, makes me wish we stuck with a parliamentary system.

Dude, this drug on for well over 2 years. Did you see the articles about who has already started campaigning to run in 2020? Ugh... If you campaign any earlier than 14 months before the election, you should be not only disqualified from the election, but also deported to Abu Dhabi.

Swish
11-09-2016, 05:55 PM
His post was off topic, we talking about America, and he had nothing to talk about so he injected his country into this discussion of a great country, I call that RUDE.

Shoot up some meth while you're firing your guns, yankee

bloodmuffin
11-09-2016, 06:04 PM
It feels so good right now, I visited my sister just to watch her break down into a SJW autism fit. The liberal salt will sustain me for decades.

Nuggie
11-09-2016, 06:11 PM
It feels so good right now, I visited my sister just to watch her break down into a SJW autism fit. The liberal salt will sustain me for decades.

my wife did the same. eventually i just went to sleep.

Manticmuse
11-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Your sister is unfortunate to have you as a brother. I'd say more but it would be lost on your poor, unfortunate soul.

bloodmuffin
11-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Your sister is unfortunate to have you as a brother. I'd say more but it would be lost on your poor, unfortunate soul.

Please do :) The butthurt is so transparent. Pillars of fucking salt.

CheeseRoll
11-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Shoot up some meth while you're firing your guns, yankee

Fuck ya, next time the germans are attacking you, ask the Mexicans to come save you

this user was banned
11-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Fuck ya, next time the germans are attacking you, ask the Mexicans to come save you

LOL the Germans are too busy being literally raped by Syrians to mount any form of offensive.

Manticmuse
11-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Please do :) The butthurt is so transparent. Pillars of fucking salt.

you betrayed your blood to be a cuck for a billionaire that made his money off of inheritance and manipulating the elderly. i dont even care who you voted for (again you are an idiot for thinking that's what it is about). your actions after the election...i could say a thousand thoughts. wisdom isn't given. i'd say earn it but i think it's beyond you. get fucked pleb - your sister

thufir
11-09-2016, 07:02 PM

you betrayed your blood to be a cuck for a billionaire that made his money off of inheritance and manipulating the elderly. i dont even care who you voted for (again you are an idiot for thinking that's what it is about). your actions after the election...i could say a thousand thoughts. wisdom isn't given. i'd say earn it but i think it's beyond you. get fucked pleb - your sister
part of me really wants this exchange to be between the actual brother and sister

another part of me will be pretty sad if it is though, gotta say

Lhancelot
11-09-2016, 07:29 PM
part of me really wants this exchange to be between the actual brother and sister

another part of me will be pretty sad if it is though, gotta say

I bet actual exchanges between family members have gone this way since the election.

bloodmuffin
11-09-2016, 07:48 PM

MY actions after the election? HAHA. Are you not seeing the hypocrisy? You have thousands coming out of the woodwork crying and fucking throwing a tantrum. ofc I'm going to sit there and laugh while they piss their pants in anger.

How are your thoughts on Hillary? I assume you just overlook everything she has done.

darkreap
11-09-2016, 08:48 PM
We the citizens of Norrath must band together and rid ourselves of this Lord of Hate. Amass at the WC wizard spires!

Oh and bring some money for stones please. I'm not porting you up on my own dime.

Maybe there could be some kind of program to provide stones for the poor of Norrath... maybe provide epics and raid loot as well?

Maschenny
11-10-2016, 02:18 AM
Maybe there could be some kind of program to provide stones for the poor of Norrath... maybe provide epics and raid loot as well?

Not really worth having unless others have not

Trungep99
11-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Trolls worship innoruuk too perfect with our forums lol. God know how many trolls our forums get

Old_PVP
11-10-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't think numbers work the way you think numbers work.

They both had 59 million votes and some odd change. Only difference is Hillary had a little more change. To say "the people chose Hillary" is misleading because it was pretty much 50/50.

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 12:28 PM
They both had 59 million votes and some odd change. Only difference is Hillary had a little more change. To say "the people chose Hillary" is misleading because it was pretty much 50/50.

You have a lot of faith in the voting process, don't you? It's so cute when people are so naive and trusting. :p

Pumpedup
11-10-2016, 02:41 PM
everyone said trump had no chance, and all americans got up and went out to vote, im so proud of america

it was a sea of red on election day, literally all major cities and lower income areas voted for hilary the dirty bitch

everyone who actually cares voted trump

so proud of our voting process where the people decide candidates

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 02:44 PM
everyone said trump had no chance, and all americans got up and went out to vote, im so proud of america

it was a sea of red on election day, literally all major cities and lower income areas voted for hilary the dirty bitch

everyone who actually cares voted trump

so proud of our voting process where the people decide candidates

:)

coki
11-10-2016, 08:31 PM
I think Bernie still has a chance!

Lhancelot
11-10-2016, 08:47 PM
I think Bernie still has a chance!

I think you are right. In four years he will be what, 94 years old?

Boyblunder
11-11-2016, 01:08 AM
The Soros election machines were flipped, but alas the landslide was too large for the globalists to steal it.

Sadre Spinegnawer
11-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Hear that sound?

That is the sound of all those factory jobs coming back to the US.

Hear that other sound? That is the sound of all those illegal immigrants scattering like rats because they know real Americans are moving in to line up for those jobs.

lol libtards.

Sporkotron
11-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the Gold Plated United Trumps of Trumpmerica. Feel free to be disrespectful to women and drop N bombs like its the 50s, because apparently everyone is cool with that shit now.

I'm just glad I don't have kids. "Who's that daddy?" "That's the president, honey. He grabs strange women by the pussy and then brags about it. But don't worry, apparently all men talk like that."

What a country full of dipshits. Never giving this shit hole the benefit of the doubt again.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the Gold Plated United Trumps of Trumpmerica. Feel free to be disrespectful to women and drop N bombs like its the 50s, because apparently everyone is cool with that shit now.

I'm just glad I don't have kids. "Who's that daddy?" "That's the president, honey. He grabs strange women by the pussy and then brags about it. But don't worry, apparently all men talk like that."

To be fair I never seen Trump drop the N bomb or say it's cool.

Hey, maybe, just maybe... The supporters of Trump will be disappointed, and the non-supporters will be pleasantly surprised? Who knows?

azeth
11-11-2016, 01:07 PM
If you've ever said or typed "libtard" to insult someone, be assured you have a significantly lower iq than whomever you're referring to

Sporkotron
11-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Hey, maybe, just maybe... The supporters of Trump will be disappointed, and the non-supporters will be pleasantly surprised? Who knows?

Trump? No.

Trump supporters? All day long baby, that shit is normalized thanks to the cheeto bandito.

Hey maybe, just maaaaaaaybe you can take your brain dead optimism and cram it up your ass? Cool.

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Political discourse of the average mangy ape:

Balding Ape 1, "The ideology I've ceded my intellectual sovereignty to is obviously infallible and I have chosen to forego independent thought in favor of this consummate framework. I am therefore, in addition to being morally superior as virtue of this choice, intellectually superior."

Balding Ape 2, "Nay! Your embrace of false truths is blinding. It is most evident to those who have correctly embraced the opposing ideology as I have done. Your virtue is vice and your intelligence is lunacy! You are at odds with reality on all grounds."

Sorn
11-11-2016, 01:24 PM

Nah, but he does get a lot of support from the white supremacists/neo-nazis/KKK groups. Those groups and anyone who shares their ideology will consider Trump's presence in the White House as implicit validation. They're gonna come out of the woodwork IRL (and evidently RnF trolls now feel safe in airing their trolliness outside RnF and Off Topic - really, guys?), especially once the electoral college has cast their votes officially.

People who voted for Trump might try to justify it by talking about jobs and economy, but that's like the Southerners who play off the slavery bit of the Civil War by saying it was about the ~economy~ and they are only celebrating their heritage when they wave the Confederate flag, ignoring the fact that slavery WAS the economy back then. These issues are intertwined.

In the end, the US is still struggling with a problem it's always struggled with: taking care of the lower and working class population, regardless of race or legal status. (Note: race has been used historically to divide the working class so they can't unite against the upper class. The fact that they just got a billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth elected means they are VERY confused at the moment...not that they had much of a choice because of the party system.)

Sporkotron
11-11-2016, 01:24 PM
Political discourse of the average mangy ape:

Balding Ape 1, "The ideology I've ceded my intellectual sovereignty to is obviously infallible and I have chosen to forego independent thought in favor of this consummate framework. I am therefore, in addition to being morally superior as virtue of this choice, intellectually superior."

Balding Ape 2, "Nay! Your embrace of false truths is blinding. It is most evident to those who have correctly embraced the opposing ideology as I have done. Your virtue is vice and your intelligence is lunacy! You are at odds with reality on all grounds."

Jeesus, I wish this was reddit so I could downvote the piss out of this.

Mmm... Yes, I do find politics shallow and pedantic.

/r/iamverysmart

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Jeesus, I wish this was reddit so I could downvote the piss out of this.

Mmm... Yes, I do find politics shallow and pedantic.

/r/iamverysmart

You are welcome to print it and piss it into oblivion, or at least the ground ^^

<3

The arguments are equally pervasive in most other discussions as well because people are ruled by their worldviews and those worldviews are rarely their own.

myriverse
11-11-2016, 01:40 PM
No. Da Donald has mini hands, not like those.

Sporkotron
11-11-2016, 01:46 PM
You are welcome to print it and piss it into oblivion, or at least the ground ^^

<3

The arguments are equally pervasive in most other discussions as well because people are ruled by their worldviews and those worldviews are rarely their own.

/r/iamverysmart

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Trump? No.

Trump supporters? All day long baby, that shit is normalized thanks to the cheeto bandito.

Hey maybe, just maaaaaaaybe you can take your brain dead optimism and cram it up your ass? Cool.

You obviously have some kind of anger issues, I can't help you with that. I can however, enlighten you on my stance when it comes to life.

It has nothing to do with pessimism or optimism.

Without going into theories and my opinion on why the world is awful/beautiful, let me share with you my favorite quote of all time.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." -Socrates

Raev
11-11-2016, 04:30 PM
If you've ever said or typed "libtard" to insult someone, be assured you have a significantly lower iq than whomever you're referring to
So? High IQ liberals have been wrong on literally everything that matters: Keynesianism, fatphobia, regime change in the Middle East, the list goes on and on. Meanwhile people living traditionally have been right despite their inability to get a 1600 on the SAT.

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 04:34 PM
There is a fundamental misconception that intelligence and knowledge are the same thing. They're not. Intelligence is innate, it cannot be acquired. Knowledge is free to all who seek it.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 04:42 PM
There is a fundamental misconception that intelligence and knowledge are the same thing. They're not. Intelligence is innate, it cannot be acquired. Knowledge is free to all who seek it.

Too bad they don't make brain pumps to inflate the size of our intelligence.

Grimjaw
11-11-2016, 04:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oP0Zbx1.jpg

rocsha
11-11-2016, 05:19 PM
boom ^

Nymphomancer
11-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Intelligence is innate, it cannot be acquired.

That's just not true at all. Your cognitive ability, including the raw power of your intellect, is affected by things like nutrition, being read to, good physical fitness, continual stimulation.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oP0Zbx1.jpg

Yes, because the hatred of gays, women's rights and enslavement of other humans has only been singularly acted out by Muslims. :rolleyes:

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes, because the hatred of gays, women's rights and enslavement of other humans has only been singularly acted out by Muslims*. :rolleyes:

*and America too. At least the rest of the world has not had to suffer the wickedness of Muslims and Americans... ^^

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 06:26 PM
*and America too. At least the rest of the world has not had to suffer the wickedness of Muslims and Americans... ^^

Wait a second, you mean there's a world OUTSIDE America? :eek:

Swish
11-11-2016, 06:45 PM
If this was a red thread it would have been moved to the red forums about 10 times now

I'm just saying folks.

eadric
11-11-2016, 06:50 PM
So I guess the OP voted for Cazic Thule? You have to admit, Cazic Thule wasn't the best choice of nominee. No one likes his stupid plane of fear, especially when it rains blood, or when CT summons all his minions to zerg you to death.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 06:54 PM
So I guess the OP voted for Cazic Thule? You have to admit, Cazic Thule wasn't the best choice of nominee. No one likes his stupid plane of fear, especially when it rains blood, or when CT summons all his minions to zerg you to death.

Honestly I didn't vote for the Lord of Hate or the Lord of Fear. I exercised my freedoms as a human being to not partake in this celebratory, wondrous event.

eadric
11-11-2016, 06:57 PM
You weren't alone in making that choice. And that choice (to sit it out and not vote), more than any other single factor, is what decided the election.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 07:10 PM
You weren't alone in making that choice. And that choice (to sit it out and not vote), more than any other single factor, is what decided the election.

Just curious, what is so awful about how things will turn out, versus how they could have turned out had people like me voted?

Do you have a crystal ball that forecasts an accurate picture of the future relating to this election and how life will soon be for all the world?

Are you are a time traveler, full of elightening information to share with present day humanity?

If so, I think using the P99 server forums is the wrong place to go about spreading said knowledge. There has to be a much better medium to spread the word.

eadric
11-11-2016, 07:12 PM
You started the thread, I was simply commenting on it. My comments were not meant as criticisms, merely as observations.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 07:24 PM
You started the thread, I was simply commenting on it. My comments were not meant as criticisms, merely as observations.

I am confused. Does what you wrote below sound like an observation?

That sounds more like a statement of facts, and I would like to hear how people not voting actually decided the outcome of the election.

eadric
11-11-2016, 07:29 PM
There were many factors that led to the result, but most statistical analysis thus far has shown that the largest factor was low turnout in urban areas. Many people who voted for the POTUS 4 and 8 years ago did not turn out to vote in this election. I'd provide you with links, but frankly this is getting way too detailed for a silly roleplay-lite thread, and will risk getting it moved to Off topic.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 07:31 PM
There were many factors that led to the result, but most statistical analysis thus far has shown that the largest factor was low turnout in urban areas. Many people who voted for the POTUS 4 and 8 years ago did not turn out to vote in this election. I'd provide you with links, but frankly this is getting way too detailed for a silly roleplay-lite thread, and will risk getting it moved to Off topic.

You changed the direction of the conversation. :confused:

paulgiamatti
11-11-2016, 07:45 PM
There were many factors that led to the result, but most statistical analysis thus far has shown that the largest factor was low turnout in urban areas. Many people who voted for the POTUS 4 and 8 years ago did not turn out to vote in this election.

Agreed - it was pretty clear that by and large if more people turned out to vote, HRC would've stood a better chance at taking swing states like Florida & Pennsylvania, as well as Wisconsin. It could have easily turned the election.

The reasoning behind this is pretty clear too - Trump supporters all voted, more or less. Too many democrats and liberals were understandably turned off by Hillary and opted to sit this one out, or go third party, or write in Harambe, or whatever.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Agreed - it was pretty clear that by and large if more Norrathians turned out to vote, Cazic Thule would've stood a better chance at taking swing zones like Freeport & Qeynos, as well as Rivervale. It could have easily turned the election.

The reasoning behind this is pretty clear too - Innoruuk supporters all voted, more or less. Too many ogres and trolls were understandably turned off by Cazic Thule and opted to sit this one out.

Made some changes to your statement above to keep it more in line with the true spirit of the thread.

paulgiamatti
11-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Good thinking.

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 08:13 PM
I have to salute those who stayed home along with those who voted for our dear Prince. After 30 years of Thules occupying the Noreathian seat of power it is tine for a change. With any luck our Father will set us upon one another with such angst that the Tunnel will be filled with the mewing of pumas and clatter of decaying skeletons instead of the false advertisement of p99auctions price manipulators. Mayhap our Lord drive Norrath's economy so deeply into the ground that our Great Society stand as a shocking warning to the residents of Mundus, Azeeoth and even the lost land of Telon. May the ashes burn so fiercely from our own ruin that even too those other world burn and all is lost but for a few, a few who may begin anew. I pray nightly though to Zek that Innorruuk's hand be guided not by the whimsical fancies of Bristlebane, but the thirsting cry for victory.

May or foes fall and our coffers rise.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 08:18 PM
I have to salute those who stayed home along with those who voted for our dear Prince. After 30 years of Thules occupying the Noreathian seat of power it is tine for a change. With any luck our Father will set us upon one another with such angst that the Tunnel will be filled with the mewing of pumas and clatter of decaying skeletons instead of the false advertisement of p99auctions price manipulators. Mayhap our Lord drive Norrath's economy so deeply into the ground that our Great Society stand as a shocking warning to the residents of Mundus, Azeeoth and even the lost land of Telon. May the ashes burn so fiercely from our own ruin that even too those other world burn and all is lost but for a few, a few who may begin anew. I pray nightly though to Zek that Innorruuk's hand be guided not by the whimsical fancies of Bristlebane, but the thirsting cry for victory.

May or foes fall and our coffers rise.

This was truly a moving piece, MM! You wrote about things I could only dream to know about, I am humbled. Mundus? Azeeoth? Telon? Where are these places?! I need to do some research it seems.

maskedmelon
11-11-2016, 08:58 PM
This was truly a moving piece, MM! You wrote about things I could only dream to know about, I am humbled. Mundus? Azeeoth? Telon? Where are these places?! I need to do some research it seems.

ty ^^ They exist far beyond these hallowed boards. It is said that the way to Mundus is found within the Elder Scrolls. Azeroth is a land in turmoil, where nerds engage in eternal Warcraft. And Telon, well, she was lost some years ago to the decrepit hand of her demented caretaker. A small group of disciples work tirelessly to return her to her people.

Aesop
11-11-2016, 09:27 PM
You know, I voted for Hildawg but wasn't even excited. Only reason I voted was because my wife made me drive her to vote, figured I may as well vote in the local elections too.

I gotta say though, some sore winners up in team Trump.

Lhancelot
11-11-2016, 09:27 PM
ty ^^ They exist far beyond these hallowed boards. It is said that the way to Mundus is found within the Elder Scrolls. Azeroth is a land in turmoil, where nerds engage in eternal Warcraft. And Telon, well, she was lost some years ago to the decrepit hand of her demented caretaker. A small group of disciples work tirelessly to return her to her people.

I am truly enlightened. Thank you!

Grimjaw
11-12-2016, 01:48 AM
portland protesters are chanting "peaceful protest" as they are destroying everything in sight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGvM2BJXIIA