PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Be vigilant, box comrades!

Swish
11-15-2016, 02:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1E4s6AX.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405i1sdLK_Y

Boxing? Not boxing? What do you think? Pay close attention around 2:40 in particularly. An old video but nobody likes those that might be up to no good abusing their IP exemptions.

If you see any suspicious activity, put an in-game petition in. If you can record their movements, upload it and submit a forum petition to go with it as evidence

Keep P99 the pillar of integrity when it comes to online gaming.

(bonus points if anyone knows what the music is from)

<3

Baler
11-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Who duo's Felwithe guards... seems suspicious.

Swish
11-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Who duo's Felwithe guards... seems suspicious.

Who duos Felwithe guards with a cleric that can only manage low level healing and isn't getting XP? What purpose could there be for having a low level "town friendly" character sat there for an iksar?

Hmmm.....

Lhancelot
11-15-2016, 02:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1E4s6AX.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405i1sdLK_Y

Boxing? Not boxing? What do you think? Pay close attention around 2:40 in particularly. An old video but nobody likes those that might be up to no good abusing their IP exemptions.

If you see any suspicious activity, put an in-game petition in. If you can record their movements, upload it and submit a forum petition to go with it as evidence

Keep P99 the pillar of integrity when it comes to online gaming.

(bonus points if anyone knows what the music is from)

<3

I found the music a bit rigid and primitive tbh, to the point it distracted me from being able to concentrate on what was going on in the video. maybe there was suspicious activity going on, hell, I can't honestly say. :p

Swish
11-15-2016, 02:43 PM
I found the music a bit rigid and primitive tbh, to the point it distracted me from being able to concentrate on what was going on in the video. maybe there was suspicious activity going on, hell, I can't honestly say. :p

Feel free to mute the sound and watch again with your own choice of music, of course <3

Lhancelot
11-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Feel free to mute the sound and watch again with your own choice of music, of course <3

Meant no disrespect. Did you make the music? :)

Baler
11-15-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't see anything in the video that proves they're together? Are these two players publicly known to have an ip exemption?

The only thing that looks fishy is at the end when the dwarf moves but doesn't really go anywhere. While the necro isn't moving.
And the fact that I've never known a necromancer who wanted help with Felwithe Guards.

Maybe the dorf is selling for the necro? Could explain why the dorf only moves once in a while.

maskedmelon
11-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I normally just send petitions when I witness someone boxing and hope guide/gm puts them on a list to monitor. Never lol the time to make a video. I downloaded fraps once, but was too stupid to figure it out, so I just haven't used it. It kept wanting t make a bunch of tiny huge videos. Like, they were super short, but frogmen ginormous. So I said that's enough of that and moved on ^^

Swish
11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm not going to spell it out, but what's the major obstacle once you've killed 10-20 guards? A bag of those 2h swords must be quite heavy. If only there were a way to say... lighten the load, without having to gate?

No there's no defined link between the 2 players. Perhaps Drquinn just enjoys sitting around in Felwithe watching guards getting killed.

nyclin
11-15-2016, 02:51 PM
let the pointless witch hunt begin

i can't wait for the inevitable debate on the morality of having someone who doesn't actually play p99 run a char for errand bullshit like this

Swish
11-15-2016, 02:52 PM
let the pointless witch hunt begin

i can't wait for the inevitable debate on the morality of having someone who doesn't actually play p99 run a char for errand bullshit like this

It's not pointless if that's someone boxing though, is it?

Baler
11-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to spell it out, but what's the major obstacle once you've killed 10-20 guards? A bag of those 2h swords must be quite heavy. If only there were a way to say... lighten the load, without having to gate?

No there's no defined link between the 2 players. Perhaps Drquinn just enjoys sitting around in Felwithe watching guards getting killed.

like I said,.. find a lowbie scrub to sell for you because you're an evil race that can't sell/bank in a good city. :confused:
But the dorf was moving pretty smoothly, Though the video doesn't show an inspection of his gear,. Could have all str and agi gear.

Should have had them add two different sets of numbers in under 1-2 seconds. or do barrel rolls in different directions while typing the alphabet backwards with their finger on their nose.
None the less. I hope it's not a boxer.

Lhancelot
11-15-2016, 03:30 PM
Honestly I am either too busy, or too self-absorbed to worry about what others are doing in the game. Particularly very ambiguous behavior that doesn't draw much attention like some random necro and lowbie that happens to be standing by the necro who is killing guards in Felwithe.

Muggens
11-15-2016, 03:42 PM
yeah dont really care about the odd boxer here and there. I was sure I saw someone boxing once, but I actually joined the same guild and found out it indeed was two persons.
If this box becomes flooded with multiboxers over time it would suck for sure, but with the noboxingrule and classic appeal it should stay safe I presume.

stifling
11-15-2016, 06:20 PM
I agree with the call to vigilance when it comes to boxing op. I can attest to the fact that I once did this exact thing as a newbie for a few hours once. He was mowing down guards and was dropping swords on the ground, I started picking them up and he and I worked out a deal and I got a cut of the proceeds after converting to gems instead of plat.
Things look differently when you have lived a little bit, lol

Parz77
11-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Kazei is a scrublord terribad necro ive had run ins with many times when i first came to this server. Dude constantly cries and tries to lawyerquest the shit out of everything. from EK to SK to Omen to the point he was so junk he couldnt xp further as he couldnt handle felwithe guards alone. not surprised one bit, but will say this is the first time ive seen him not alone.

Swish
11-15-2016, 07:14 PM
Kazei is a scrublord terribad necro ive had run ins with many times when i first came to this server. Dude constantly cries and tries to lawyerquest the shit out of everything. from EK to SK to Omen to the point he was so junk he couldnt xp further as he couldnt handle felwithe guards alone. not surprised one bit, but will say this is the first time ive seen him not alone.

Well there you go. One thing doesn't prove another but I thought something was up :p

Swish
11-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Honestly I am either too busy, or too self-absorbed to worry about what others are doing in the game. Particularly very ambiguous behavior that doesn't draw much attention like some random necro and lowbie that happens to be standing by the necro who is killing guards in Felwithe.

If they moved together I'd probably just have walked on, but just stopping and saying hello it looked like he panicked... he was liching down to a worrying level which was the loose thread for me.

Caught someone else at the same spot another time, less subtle. Why would you make a character called "Lootar"? /facepalm

Lhancelot
11-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Caught someone else at the same spot another time, less subtle. Why would you make a character called "Lootar"? /facepalm

Well, hmm. I guess "Lootar" is more subtle than "Twoboxlooter"? He thought no one would notice...

bloodmuffin
11-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Wish my buddies would just hang around for hours being my pocket NPC.

Anyone remember the dad trying to convince us that his 5 year old son was playing EQ with him?

I member.

Swish
11-15-2016, 07:54 PM
Wish my buddies would just hang around for hours being my pocket NPC.

Anyone remember the dad trying to convince us that his 5 year old son was playing EQ with him?

I member.

http://i.imgur.com/spz8NeW.jpg

maskedmelon
11-15-2016, 08:50 PM

Oh my...

Double violation

Can someone get this added to Baler's list? This guys not only breaking rules. He's mocking the system.

Pumpedup
11-15-2016, 09:52 PM
easy way to see if he is boxing train him at low hp while he is transferring

matter of fact the answer is always train him, and everyone else

Landael
11-15-2016, 10:27 PM
ooooo is that It Came From The Desert?? that was awesome on the old Amiga =) running from the hospital lulz

Heavenzoutcast
11-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Although it does look suspicious, what if the person is running 2 different IP address on 2 different PC's. Would that count as boxing if it can't really be traced in this instance? Seems like they may have already looked at it and come to the same conclusion.

Salahdin
11-16-2016, 12:03 AM
So many people box. Did you know people box toons in one zone; farming say, an EoE in Droga while paying their alt in Unrest.

Unless they cross contaminate their IPS/Macc addresses between those accounts the GMs will....never know. How do I know? A) commonsense B) Pretty much what alot of farmers do.

Plus they just claim AFK on the farm toon -- how many camps do you run past and there is an AFK player there? like most low level camps.

HMMMM THE RICH GET RICHER AND POOR GET SCREWED.

Pokesan
11-16-2016, 01:29 AM
this doesn't seem like a good use of your time

Valura
11-16-2016, 01:45 AM
So many people box. Did you know people box toons in one zone; farming say, an EoE in Droga while paying their alt in Unrest.

Unless they cross contaminate their IPS/Macc addresses between those accounts the GMs will....never know. How do I know? A) commonsense B) Pretty much what alot of farmers do.

Plus they just claim AFK on the farm toon -- how many camps do you run past and there is an AFK player there? like most low level camps.

HMMMM THE RICH GET RICHER AND POOR GET SCREWED.

how do we combat this

Swish
11-16-2016, 02:05 AM
ooooo is that It Came From The Desert?? that was awesome on the old Amiga =) running from the hospital lulz

It is, and the hospital music would have been perfect if Braknar had shown up :D

Swish
11-16-2016, 02:06 AM
how do we combat this

Initially, turn off all IP exemptions for an evening and see if it affects the population. Perhaps on a Sunday for a true measure. Can't see it happening and I don't know the work that would be involved but I'm sure it's beyond flicking a switch or pressing a button ^^

Sebastionleo
11-16-2016, 03:19 AM
Who duos Felwithe guards with a cleric that can only manage low level healing and isn't getting XP? What purpose could there be for having a low level "town friendly" character sat there for an iksar?

Hmmm.....

Did this once with a low level dwarf rogue sitting there. He was taking a cut of my profits.

GinnasP99
11-16-2016, 03:46 AM
I'm not going to spell it out, but what's the major obstacle once you've killed 10-20 guards? A bag of those 2h swords must be quite heavy.

Real felwithe pros have tink / WR bags and gate to the steamfont druid ring to sell, line of sight bank in felwithe.

Swish
11-16-2016, 04:37 AM
Real felwithe pros have tink / WR bags and gate to the steamfont druid ring to sell, line of sight bank in felwithe.

Thats what I always did, seemed easy enough. Why risk an account suspension?

maskedmelonpai
11-16-2016, 08:03 AM
How do you bank Felwithe? I as never able to successfully click through wall or get target through door while standing outside :/

Jimjam
11-16-2016, 09:34 AM
There are spots outside of line of sight actually in the bank IIRC.

maskedmelonpai
11-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Ohhh, ok, like behind a wall or something? So no way to do it if you are kos and have no invis. Mk, thought so ^^

Jimjam
11-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Everyone can invis, 10pp a pop.

maskedmelonpai
11-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Well yeah, but am super tight and not willing to be so careless with my pennies ^^

mr_jon3s
11-16-2016, 10:55 AM
My problem with this is I did this when I first got on the server. I was a lowbie character and a dark elf mage was killing guards in misty thicket. He said if I sell his weapons I could keep the shields and change. So I sat next to the guy for a couple hours while he grinded the guards and made like 500p for spells and gear.

Jimjam
11-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Well yeah, but am super tight and not willing to be so careless with my pennies ^^

If it lets you sell and bank 200 gold instead of eventually destroy it when you end up with 1000 gold, then how is that being careless in pennies? That is an investment, sir!

GinnasP99
11-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Buying 3-4 http://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_shadows is a pretty good investment on any class that cannot invis, fairly cheap to recharge. My monk carries 4 on him and 1 fully charged in bank to recharge

SamwiseRed
11-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Buying 3-4 http://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_shadows is a pretty good investment on any class that cannot invis, fairly cheap to recharge. My monk carries 4 on him and 1 fully charged in bank to recharge

your monk sounds like a pussy

Ele
11-16-2016, 12:22 PM
"Mom!!! Come loot this corpse and bring my soup right now!"

Jmcwrestling
11-16-2016, 01:19 PM
I had dedicated traitorous halflings help me out selling spears and now i have dedicated traitorous high elves selling swords!

Its a great way for a newb to make 50p before they even get their Dirty Stained Tunic*

Baler
11-16-2016, 06:43 PM
The dwarf is also levitating.

Why would the dwarf need that possible DMF?

Sounds fishy and possibly evidence towards his guilty verdict.

Upon close inspection you are correct. The dwarf is in fact levitated. Presumably by DMF.
It's plausible the dorf could have asked for it or been randomly given it by the necro.

But it indeed does not help the necromancer's case.

"Mom!!! Come loot this corpse and bring my soup right now!"

I said I wanted Mountain Dew! But now I want Chocolate Milk! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs)

NegaStoat
11-16-2016, 07:57 PM
I think I reported close to or over 10 'sets' of Necros and mules farming Felwithe guards over time back in the day. I'd submit a screenshot with the report along with the date and time as well as the names, and what was going down. I also made a point to put the characters on my Friends list for the hell of it.

Oddly enough, a week or two would pass and the names on the friends list were never online again. Heh. The GM's WILL make an effort when it's completely blatant as to what's going on.

Nymphomancer
11-16-2016, 07:59 PM
I think I reported close to or over 10 'sets' of Necros and mules farming Felwithe guards over time back in the day. I'd submit a screenshot with the report along with the date and time as well as the names, and what was going down. I also made a point to put the characters on my Friends list for the hell of it.

Oddly enough, a week or two would pass and the names on the friends list were never online again. Heh. The GM's WILL make an effort when it's completely blatant as to what's going on.

You did God's work friend

Swish
11-16-2016, 08:06 PM
pras it - nice to see there's care in the community against cheaters and abusers of the IP exemption system <3

Swish
11-16-2016, 08:09 PM
Ohhh, ok, like behind a wall or something? So no way to do it if you are kos and have no invis. Mk, thought so ^^

Just need someone to invis you in and invis you out - and make sure you're not in line of sight of any bankers/guards in the meantime.

North Freeport is a common example, walk in there and you'll see a bunch of evils stood around the wall banking quietly away from the line of sight of the ones in there. Apply that to quite a few banks ^^

elwing
11-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Newbie sticking with guy killing guards for loot is common and classic, the two player never acting at the same time is more than dubious trough...