PDA

View Full Version : Wizard seeks Bard for DN Spiders Kite

SoekiWiz
11-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Pretty self explanatory title.

Looking for a Bard who's proficient with swarm kiting to duo DN spiders with me. I've had guildies do a pull or two while we were in zone for other things, so I know it's very doable.

I'd really love a fellow 50something so we can level together, but at this point quite honestly I'd even consider paying a 60 for a few pulls if anyone is interested in selling.

My AE groups are great, but sometimes it's hard to get everyone together! Much easier to coordinate with 1 than 4/5 :P

Cenii
11-17-2016, 06:26 PM
if you need another wizard let me know :P

TeemoOfAstora
11-18-2016, 08:16 AM
my guy is in there trying to get himself a carapace to wear. mebbe we can do one or two of these pulls to speed up the process later this evening.

UPDATE: just tried grabbing them all, for testing purposes. they resisted the ae snare song, and blinked me into dragon bones. I might not be what is needed for this quest for ae exp of yours. That aegolism that I didn't think I'd need saved my soviet ass. <3 Drzhivago

SoekiWiz
11-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Nobody who's buffed by Doc is allowed to group with me anyways :P Thanks for trying lol

-------------------

Incase anyone else is thinking of "trying" on their own, without asking me questions first or me being online to even answer questions, some fun facts about phase spiders and DN:

The dead dragon shaped bones are traps. They will spawn dragon constructs, which will house you. Avoid these. Spiders have a very large hitbox, similar to that of regular giant spiders from the Karanas / Commons areas if you'd like to go look there. The only differences between those spiders and these in DN (mechanics-wise) is the DN spiders are much faster. They'll catch you if you're jbooting and not strafing. SoW or SoW pots are recommended. They can shadowstep you on melee proc. About 1 in 4 will be heavily magic resistant for some reason. Typically I find these to be the ones that see invis (some do, some do not, again, about 1 in 4).

Hope this helps someone avoid suiciding themselves. Good luck.

fadetree
11-18-2016, 01:40 PM
, which will house you.

?
Some new slang, or a typo?

TeemoOfAstora
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Heheh, it's not like I wanted to go into the bones, but blink made sure i did. Can confirm them being fast, took strafing and jumping like a madman to get out alive.

how do you get around the high magic resistance for ae snare? I suppose i could OoS them, but then i'd have to re-OoS every 3 ticks, no? In pulling all the spiders you'd be guaranteed at least 2 of the particularly resistant for no reason ones, so that's probably going to complicate the ae plans.

Pokesan
11-18-2016, 02:26 PM
this is wizard priviledge

Amyas
11-18-2016, 02:55 PM
What about druid + wizzy combo!

Gundanium
11-18-2016, 03:04 PM
I definitely prefer to have aegolism when I kite there. I'm curious about getting around the resist spiders as well. I think snaring the pack> then wiz nuke> reforming spider pack> snare > wiz nukes > reform.. would be the process- slows it down a bit, but I think it would contain agro.
my guy is in there trying to get himself a carapace to wear. mebbe we can do one or two of these pulls to speed up the process later this evening.

UPDATE: just tried grabbing them all, for testing purposes. they resisted the ae snare song, and blinked me into dragon bones. I might not be what is needed for this quest for ae exp of yours. That aegolism that I didn't think I'd need saved my soviet ass. <3 Drzhivago

SoekiWiz
11-18-2016, 03:18 PM
I definitely prefer to have aegolism when I kite there. I'm curious about getting around the resist spiders as well. I think snaring the pack> then wiz nuke> reforming spider pack> snare > wiz nukes > reform.. would be the process- slows it down a bit, but I think it would contain agro.

I've done it with some L60 Bard guildies when we were getting ready for or finishing up from targets in DN.

The couple of times I did it, they basically just snare song'ed everything and held them down that way. We kited near the zone in, I just blasted everything to death. If agro is a concern, I could blast to 50%ish, zone, zone back, finish the job.

To answer directly though, the process I've already successfully completed this with was bard pull, bard kite into spiderpileofdeath, bard snare song, wizard goes bang bang.

SoekiWiz
11-18-2016, 03:20 PM
What about druid + wizzy combo!

Negative. Can't ping pong PBAE's back and forth. The point being, if you're PBAE'ing and the aggro switches, you become spider food.

I would however, like to team up with you in WL some time if you're up for farming some plat. You'd track/pull all the panthers and run them into me while I AE with your thorns and your heals. We'd split the pelts, and if you didn't want to keep yours to make armor, I will gladly buy them off you at full market price.

Also, I just 60'ed last night, but I plan on AE'ing Velks for buffer exp for a while. If you'd like to join in on that with your Upheaval, that could be arranged.

TeemoOfAstora
11-18-2016, 03:33 PM
I've done it with some L60 Bard guildies when we were getting ready for or finishing up from targets in DN.

The couple of times I did it, they basically just snare song'ed everything and held them down that way. We kited near the zone in, I just blasted everything to death. If agro is a concern, I could blast to 50%ish, zone, zone back, finish the job.

To answer directly though, the process I've already successfully completed this with was bard pull, bard kite into spiderpileofdeath, bard snare song, wizard goes bang bang.

you shouldn't be able to steal aggro off 54 ae snare song if it lands on them a few times.
it has a attack speed slow too, and it'd take a lot of effort crammed into 3 seconds (that's how long it takes to reapply on its own) to get them to switch to you.
the 60 bard might be the key to the resistant spiders, as the odds seem to be affected more by level difference than anything.