PDA

View Full Version : People of appropriate level can no longer get jboots

countytime
11-17-2016, 06:25 PM
It's a huge playability issue. Some classes need jboots just to level, like wizards. You can't join the server and get jboots like you could on Live, or here before the 2014 patch.

The 2014 patch made it so that instead of having a fixed spawn, the SRO AC spawns randomly, some place in the zone, at 9pm. (Technically he spawns somewhere along his wandering path.) What this means is that a high level tracker can just zone in at 9pm and if it pops, they get it. It's happened to me twice. After days of camping, a high level druid zones in at 9pm, the AC pops and they run right to it. The odds of getting it yourself vs. a jboot farmer are now basically zero.

Before, there was a fixed spawn that you could time. No matter how many people were hovering around, only I would know the instant when it would pop, and that would let me get jboots at the appropriate level, i.e. mid 30's.

I've resigned myself to not getting jboots until the 50's, when I'll have to camp the OOT AC for them. Until then it's sow potions. I'm not ever going to get extorted for 7k by a piece of shit like the trackers who go to SRO at 9pm. Not ever. These shitbags have basically said: you can't play on P99 unless you give us 7k to use an exploit that's outside the rules of the game.

So until then, whenever I see someone selling jboots, I'm killing Hasten.

It happened just now. Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/yQo9geH.png

If these shitbags can use an exploit to extort the whole server, I don't see why I can't kill a single blue wandering mob. If I wasn't supposed to kill him he'd have more than 3k hps.

This really needs to be fixed. I understand that the change was probably intended to make the SRO AC more fair, but what it actually did was make it impossible to get jboots unless you're a high level tracker. Instead of getting 3k for blocking honest players from playing the game as intended, jboot farmers now get 7k. Instead of helping the situation, the patch actually made these assholes richer.

azeth
11-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Farm the OOT ac like everyone else. Why choose the hard road

Pokesan
11-17-2016, 06:27 PM
i wish you luck in your quest for vengeance

Erati
11-17-2016, 06:30 PM
couple things...

the fixed spawn was not classic and was a bandaid for how to get the AC in SRO to work. If Nilbog could have done it the way we have it now from the start he would, the static spawning PH was never how AC worked on live ( in SRO )

to say you can 'join the server and acquire jboots like on live' is pretty misleading - are you talking about Classic era live? Jboots were and always will be sought after, even on live it was cutthroat. Hell I remember one time I was running my warrior to Lguk, I saw the AC up in SRO ran over and attacked it getting the EXP. Well apparently someone else had attacked it before me but there was not much they could do! This was in 1999, you better believe they are just as desired then.

I am not sure what fix you need, you can camp a static spawning AC for Jboots in Ocean of Tears if thats the preferred method. Its higher level so you probably are gonna say you need jboots just to get to the appropriate level to camp jboots hehe, but you do know SoW pots only cost like 100 plat and are better than jboots for the most part right?

There is also Traveler's Boots avail which offer same thing as Jboots speed wise but it has a 1 second cast, hardly anything that prevents a wiz from quadding or redoing the speed during an active quad. I think those boots costs less than 5k from the Tinker bag vender.

katrik
11-17-2016, 06:31 PM
You're a dick, OP. You do not have to have jboots to level. Period. Camp OOT in your 50':s. It's not hard.

nilbog
11-17-2016, 06:32 PM
What is the exploit?

Priceline
11-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Bye bye OP

Twochain
11-17-2016, 06:38 PM
What is the exploit?

I believe he's talking about MQing

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 06:39 PM
It's a huge playability issue. Some classes need jboots just to level, like wizards. You can't join the server and get jboots like you could on Live, or here before the 2014 patch.

The 2014 patch made it so that instead of having a fixed spawn, the SRO AC spawns randomly, some place in the zone, at 9pm. (Technically he spawns somewhere along his wandering path.) What this means is that a high level tracker can just zone in at 9pm and if it pops, they get it. It's happened to me twice. After days of camping, a high level druid zones in at 9pm, the AC pops and they run right to it. The odds of getting it yourself vs. a jboot farmer are now basically zero.

Before, there was a fixed spawn that you could time. No matter how many people were hovering around, only I would know the instant when it would pop, and that would let me get jboots at the appropriate level, i.e. mid 30's.

I've resigned myself to not getting jboots until the 50's, when I'll have to camp the OOT AC for them. Until then it's sow potions. I'm not ever going to get extorted for 7k by a piece of shit like the trackers who go to SRO at 9pm. Not ever. These shitbags have basically said: you can't play on P99 unless you give us 7k to use an exploit that's outside the rules of the game.

If these shitbags can use an exploit to extort the whole server, I don't see why I can't kill a single blue wandering mob. If I wasn't supposed to kill him he'd have more than 3k hps.

This really needs to be fixed. I understand that the change was probably intended to make the SRO AC more fair, but what it actually did was make it impossible to get jboots unless you're a high level tracker. Instead of getting 3k for blocking honest players from playing the game as intended, jboot farmers now get 7k. Instead of helping the situation, the patch actually made these assholes richer.

Hate never helps, bruv.

In all honesty I never seen anyone camping Sro AC ever since the spawn and pattern of how it spawned was changed by the servers devs. It's just way too inconsistent of a pop.

Sadly, this has made it so only the OOT AC can be camped routinely and easily, making the Jboots bottlenecked by neckbeards who sit everyday and all day camping it in OOT.

I agree this sucks. But, just suck it up for a few days, go to OOT, and get on their stupid list, the ones that sit at OOT AC every day and all day. They will gladly let you get in on the rotation of the AC there.

It's the only way. Killing Hasten does not fix this problem, not at all.

What you are doing not only harms Jboot farming neckbeards, but also the innocent bystanders who had to participate in this ridiculous routine of camping the AC, sitting there on a supposed list that the Jboot farming nerds have created for anyone who wants any chance of getting their own ring of the ancients.

Don't punish the innocents, bro. They already been through enough messing about with trying to get their own ring of the ancients!

GinnasP99
11-17-2016, 07:04 PM
When my monk was level 44 or 45 i wanna say, i was in oasis killing spectres. Happened to notice that it was 8pm game time so i said to myself "hey, why not zone into Sro and check". So i zoned over. The only other person in Sro was a low level troll shaman or something and there was AC just chillin there.

So saying that getting them in Sro isn't possible just simply isn't true. Also got stormfeather in a similar fashion

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 07:10 PM
When my monk was level 44 or 45 i wanna say, i was in oasis killing spectres. Happened to notice that it was 8pm game time so i said to myself "hey, why not zone into Sro and check". So i zoned over. The only other person in Sro was a low level troll shaman or something and there was AC just chillin there.

So saying that getting them in Sro isn't possible just simply isn't true.

Yeah I don't think anyone can honestly believe it's impossible to get the ring in Sro. That being said, I am pretty sure the vast number of people that have done as you did, checked to see if by some chance the Ac was up left feeling disappointed after not seeing him up.

I have watched and ran through Sro many times on many different alts, and never seen the AC up, not once. So I feel it's pretty safe to say he is rarely up, let alone just sitting there waiting for the pickings.

Cecily
11-17-2016, 07:13 PM
Good luck, OP. Kill all the gnomes.

http://i.imgur.com/xDf5Np7.jpg?1

GinnasP99
11-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Yeah I don't think anyone can honestly believe it's impossible to get the ring in Sro. That being said, I am pretty sure the vast number of people that have done as you did, checked to see if by some chance the Ac was up left feeling disappointed after not seeing him up.

I have watched and ran through Sro many times on many different alts, and never seen the AC up, not once. So I feel it's pretty safe to say he is rarely up, let alone just sitting there waiting for the pickings.

Fair enough

Pumpedup
11-17-2016, 07:20 PM
this is a good post, try red

fastboy21
11-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Do the oot AC...

Jimjam
11-17-2016, 07:48 PM
I got 4 S Ro ACs this autumn. Gave one to a friend, did 2 for my characters and gave the fourth to some guy claiming to be new to the server and had spent hours killing random mobs in S Ro just to spawn AC, just to see me kill it.

2 times I had to race for it, 2 times it was just me in zone. Got most of them while XPing on Oasis spectres.

I generally find him spawn near the NE or NW of the zone. Apparently he has also been sighted spawning near the ruined tower.

If notice it is closing to 9pm I'll sometimes pop in to S Ro and check. Often there are lvl 50+ bards and druids checking it out too. Still need to get at least one more pair for myself. I normally get him on my wizard. See you in S Ro OP.

maskedmelon
11-17-2016, 08:01 PM
OP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds)

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 08:13 PM

Never seen one of those, that's awesome. :p

Swish
11-17-2016, 08:18 PM
Hello OP, my name is Swish I'm an ambassador from Project 1999 red. Have you considered moving to the better server where overcrowding isn't an issue? Where blatant plat hoarding and greed aren't woven in to the average player?

I feel like you could benefit from a fresh start with a warm and welcoming community. Next time you're at the server select screen, consider pausing for a moment and perhaps taking a different path on your next gaming session.

http://i.imgur.com/KKHaCX4.gif

Pumpedup
11-17-2016, 08:23 PM
lol awesome

Crawdad
11-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Did you make a similar thread on reddit a few weeks ago? If not, congratulations, there's someone else out there who sounds just as entitled as you.

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Hello OP, my name is Swish I'm an ambassador from Project 1999 red. Have you considered moving to the better server where overcrowding isn't an issue? Where blatant plat hoarding and greed aren't woven in to the average player?

Swish, this is like living on Mars and telling people how it lacks overcrowding. Not only does it lack overcrowding, it lacks a sustainable healthy population.

Swish
11-17-2016, 08:38 PM
Swish, this is like living on Mars and telling people how it lacks overcrowding. Not only does it lack overcrowding, it lacks a sustainable healthy population.

Until it's colonised and affordable, then everyone will want to go. Allow me to help you make the right decision for your future.

http://i.imgur.com/QtbKVb0.png

Get your ass to Red
Get your ass to Red
Get your ass to Red

(Total Recall)

skarlorn
11-17-2016, 08:40 PM
i very much support OP perma camping hasten until someone breaks down and gives him free boots

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 08:47 PM
i very much support OP perma camping hasten until someone breaks down and gives him free boots

That's an interesting spin on it. I feel dense, I didn't even see this as a possible outcome for the OP. Very astute of you.

Swish
11-17-2016, 08:58 PM
It is another blocker on the new players though - old players holding camps to ransom.

Arguably then the newer players learn this behavior and shit continues to roll downhill, or perhaps we could review how MQs are done here and help the old classic community feel from live return.

Ivory
11-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Don't take out your anger on the gnomes!!! You barbarian!!!

Lhancelot
11-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Don't take out your anger on the gnomes!!! You barbarian!!!

Sadly this is how it always is, the smallest/weakest always get picked on first. :(

Qtip
11-17-2016, 09:18 PM
If you can kill hasten, you can kill the Ac in oot as well.

fadetree
11-17-2016, 11:08 PM
If it was not this way at that point in the timeline on live, you can get it changed if you find enough proof.

supermonk
11-18-2016, 01:35 AM
anyone remember the good days jboot mq's cost 3.5k?

coki
11-18-2016, 02:06 AM
i member....

member ghostbusters?
member no mexicans?
member han solo?
member death star?

chromis
11-18-2016, 03:03 AM
OP got next level mad. This was from just a few nights ago in sro. It has to be...

http://i.imgur.com/VPowbgp.png

http://i.imgur.com/nEAM06N.png

I tried to lol at him but he /q. Could post the full screens but its already sad enough in here.

chromis
11-18-2016, 03:16 AM
Best part is that I don't even have a max level character and this AC got me my first Fungi.

Lowako
11-18-2016, 03:32 AM
I think its odd that people consider jboots a "required" item. I've always seen them as a luxury, basically a way to save bag space/time/convenience associated with acquiring SoW potions. Even on characters I have jboots on I still carry SoW potions for those times I need to move extra quick.

Side note: I always found it interesting that Ring of the Ancients is a wrist slot item. Small details like that (a giants ring being a normal dudes bracelet) always make me a little happier.

GinnasP99
11-18-2016, 04:54 AM
OP got next level mad. This was from just a few nights ago in sro. It has to be...

I tried to lol at him but he /q. Could post the full screens but its already sad enough in here.

Dang

Jimjam
11-18-2016, 05:22 AM
Maybe this is my inner troll coming out, but I always enjoy laughing at people who fail to remain cordial and accuse others of being rude.

Just remembered Clear vs Clear. Classic!

OP I hope you manage to get first to engage on an AC soon!

anarch
11-18-2016, 05:28 AM
This message brought to you by COSTCO:
http://i.imgur.com/VCtbQvN.jpg

VincentVolaju
11-18-2016, 05:29 AM
There is also Traveler's Boots avail which offer same thing as Jboots speed wise but it has a 1 second cast, hardly anything that prevents a wiz from quadding or redoing the speed during an active quad. I think those boots costs less than 5k from the Tinker bag vender.

What??? Is this true??? You can buy JBoots that just have a 1 second cast straight from a vendor???

Does it require any kind of reputation / faction or anything? Or do you just go right in and buy it off a vendor?

countytime
11-18-2016, 05:40 AM

I don't know who that is, sorry. I've never ranted about it in game aside from passing comments in group or ooc, never tells. I don't get mad anymore; I kill Hasten. 5 times today. Someone kept auctioning jboots in EC and that Hasten was up, so I had to keep going back. After that I just got into a rhythm of checking every hour. Here are the last two: http://i.imgur.com/yKAgNPB.png http://i.imgur.com/zLGicjb.png

Gumbo
11-18-2016, 06:13 AM
So mainly the OP is saying because he/she can't get a pair of JBoots then he/she is going to bitch, whine and throw a temper tantrum by killing Hasten all the time?

I bet the OP is also a protestor crying about the election...

Go home and cry to your Momma...

eadric
11-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Killing Hasten is a waste of your time, and it isn't going to change anything. The devs aren't going to disable MQs, and the farming is not going to stop. I get where you're coming from - most players would agree it's more fun to camp items yourself, rather than farm platinum so you can pay someone else to MQ it for you. Unfortunately, this server has always been a free-for-all MQ shitshow like this, starting with jboots and becoming much worse with epic quests, and it isn't going to change. Becoming upset, spending time killing Hasten, or venting your frustration here are not productive responses to this adversity.

Swish
11-18-2016, 07:06 AM
anyone remember the good days jboot mq's cost 3.5k?

About 4k on red at the moment. If you're offended by this post (not the guy in the quote but whoever else is mad) you're offended about a fact.

Ravager
11-18-2016, 07:41 AM
SRo AC is actually easier to get than it used to be, because the spawn cycles itself now every game day at 9pm. Either have a tracker in zone at that time every 72 minutes, or have an idea of where the spawn points are (hint: there aren't that many).

Since the changes, I've gotten 2 rings from SRo (one for a friend, one for an alt) and there was no camping involved, it was literally just log in and look.

Ravager
11-18-2016, 07:42 AM
i member....

member ghostbusters?
member no mexicans?
member han solo?
member death star?
Yeah, I member!

Rygar
11-18-2016, 08:35 AM
What??? Is this true??? You can buy JBoots that just have a 1 second cast straight from a vendor???

Does it require any kind of reputation / faction or anything? Or do you just go right in and buy it off a vendor?

Yes, I made a thread on it. Vendor is dubious to me on an iksar, but I can sneak. Not sure of his faction. Here is that thread link:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251825&highlight=traveler%27s+boots

For custom content, would love to see you pay Hasten 3250 gold for a satchel and you combine ring + rapier to hand in. This is definitely a MQ that deserves to go away.

Sudz
11-18-2016, 09:09 AM
OP, you're not worthy of Journeyman's Boots so why dont you take your sorry ass down to Sol A and buy some Traveler's Boots, because clearly they were added in the game for people like you.

Dolalin
11-18-2016, 09:11 AM
The original EQ spawn table for the South To AC was leaked by an EQ dev years ago. Nilbog, why doesn't it work like this on P99?

http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=5039

rollin5k
11-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Another entitlement post, this is 1999 buddy. The developers gave you sow pots, travelers boots and the oot ac spawn. Pick one if you don't like the SRO game.

VincentVolaju
11-18-2016, 09:28 AM
Yes, I made a thread on it. Vendor is dubious to me on an iksar, but I can sneak. Not sure of his faction. Here is that thread link:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251825&highlight=traveler%27s+boots

For custom content, would love to see you pay Hasten 3250 gold for a satchel and you combine ring + rapier to hand in. This is definitely a MQ that deserves to go away.

I'm considering getting them on an Iksar Necro. If I had someone share wolf form me, would I be able to buy them straight away you think?

Rader
11-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Killing Hasten is a perfectly logical response. F the farmers

Sudz
11-18-2016, 09:42 AM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/o89yzm.jpg

bilirubin
11-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Killing Hasten is a perfectly logical response. F the farmers

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Another entitlement post, this is 1999 buddy. The developers gave you sow pots, travelers boots and the oot ac spawn. Pick one if you don't like the SRO game.

Pretty much this.

If this process to get Jboots enrages him, I worry for him when he goes into raiding. Hopefully he picks a top dominating guild to raid with, or he will go NUTS.

Silvurwolf
11-18-2016, 10:14 AM
If you are a wizard I advise you to do the staff of temperate flux quest and buy a sow pot or just make sure you are sow'd at 8pm.. hang in zone and if you aren't familiar with the 4 areas or so he can pop at (often if multiple people are waiting they will just pick a spot and hope to get lucky if they don't track)

What has happened to me more than a few times is this: I see ac pop on track and run to it but a wizard just follows me and uses his staff (instant click debuff) to get the fte before I can! Short of using a mallet or root net the wizard will just use me to see where it is and snipe it. Although if there is a bard or the Druid uses spirit of cheetah you probly will get outran, but if your serious about getting it in sro as a wizard those are you options - shadow a tracker and use ur instant click as an advantage to fte or sit at a spot you've seen him pop and home to get lucky.

But honestly it should be easy for you.. do whatever you want and port to sro then evac to oasis zl at 8pm and you are set it only takes 1 min so just casually stay committed all you need to tag is one, gl

Also my personal experience I see him pop an average of 2x a day so he is pretty rare but not so rare you never see him if you check often

nilbog
11-18-2016, 10:20 AM
The original EQ spawn table for the South To AC was leaked by an EQ dev years ago. Nilbog, why doesn't it work like this on P99?

http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=5039

It works just like that.

VincentVolaju
11-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Can you imagine how much of a temper tantrum this kid would have if he finally got his ring, then someone else decided to kill every hasten spawn for the next 2 weeks preventing him from getting his jboots lol.

this user was banned
11-18-2016, 10:39 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Traveler's_Boots

OP is a faggot

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Can you imagine how much of a temper tantrum this kid would have if he finally got his ring, then someone else decided to kill every hasten spawn for the next 2 weeks preventing him from getting his jboots lol.

lol true

myriverse
11-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Dammit... who dumped sand all over my dinner?:mad:

Vandil
11-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Actually, killing Hasten (if he's up) sounds like a fun idea. No faction loss. No consequences. And the dropped gnome meat makes nice +2 DEX +2 INT kabobs that you can sell in EC Tunnel, right next to the guy selling the Jboots MQ....

dslaybac
11-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Killing Hasten sounds like a productive use of your time. Good job buddy. Everyone had to go through the same shit to get their boots but you should just be handed yours? Take your white privilege elsewhere you whiny bitch OP.

Tune
11-18-2016, 12:43 PM
What is the exploit?

the tracking skill , apparently

p.s.

We are ready for the warders nilly... HIT IT =)

Raev
11-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Take your white privilege elsewhere you whiny bitch OP.

cool, nothing like a little racism to spice up this thread.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 12:57 PM
Take your white privilege elsewhere you whiny bitch OP.

This is assuming a lot. I think the OP is actually an Erudite. :p

dslaybac
11-18-2016, 01:09 PM
cool, nothing like a little racism to spice up this thread.

Im assuming you voted for Trump. Make Norrath great again am i right?

It is racists like you that act as if there isn't a problem when clearly there is. Go back to your moms basement.

paulgiamatti
11-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Let's be real - assuming a P99 boarder is whiter than Mike Pence taking a selfie with House republicans is one of the safest assumptions anyone could ever make about anything.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 02:06 PM
Let's be real - assuming a P99 boarder is whiter than Mike Pence taking a selfie with House republicans is one of the safest assumptions anyone could ever make about anything.

This is assuming his remark was directed at the player himself, and not his ingame toon. I think he was assuming the guy was a high elf in the game tbh.

surron
11-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Killing Hasten sounds like a productive use of your time. Good job buddy. Everyone had to go through the same shit to get their boots but you should just be handed yours? Take your white privilege elsewhere you whiny bitch OP.

someone's mad that they aren't white

Pokesan
11-18-2016, 02:23 PM
the thread is about class struggle, not racism.

but the grand wizards at the top do get all the loot

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 02:37 PM
the thread is about class struggle, not racism.

but the grand wizards at the top do get all the loot

So in reality it is about racism, because to be a grand wizard doesn't one have to be of a certain race?

rollin5k
11-18-2016, 02:38 PM
Anti trump racist brings up white privilege in a thread about j boots. What the up with that?

Pokesan
11-18-2016, 02:45 PM
So in reality it is about racism, because to be a grand wizard doesn't one have to be of a certain race?

the real enemy is no jester in robes.

he wears a suit

http://i.imgur.com/ssWNEIY.png

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 02:57 PM
the real enemy is no jester in robes.

he wears a suit

http://i.imgur.com/ssWNEIY.png

hmm, the devil shows himself...

Sirban
11-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Will hasten get me to lvl 60?

Kowalski
11-18-2016, 03:14 PM
I want my jBoots...

Vexenu
11-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Would fucking lol so hard if Nilbog/Rogean trolled this dude in the middle of his butthurt Hasten genocide by spawning a super buffed, undercon Hasten with 32k HP and quads for 200.

*Butthurt OP tries to root Hasten*
*Hasten resists, runs to OP at Selo's speed and rapes him into dust in 2 combat rounds*

"That's enough Hasten killing for you tonight, young man."

Trollhide
11-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Jboots a required item? I've played EQ off and on since 1999. About 2 weeks ago, I got my 2nd pair ever, in OOT. I seem to have managed just fine without them.

Since then, I've gotten 4 more rings in SRO and sold the MQs suck it babby OP, I'm rich biatch :cool:

Cygenx
11-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to point out, op is a fag. Didn't know if it was discussed yet.

snead
11-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Jboots a required item? I've played EQ off and on since 1999. About 2 weeks ago, I got my 2nd pair ever, in OOT. I seem to have managed just fine without them.

Since then, I've gotten 4 more rings in SRO and sold the MQs suck it babby OP, I'm rich biatch :cool:

i actually got 1-60 without them on my rogue. not sure why they are needed.

Spyder73
11-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Boy o boy are you in for a real treat 50+ if you think J boots are a testy camp

Brontus
11-18-2016, 07:10 PM
I agree with the OP. It seems that the spawn mechanics of the AC in SRO were changed on P1999 which is a violation of the "classic EQ" mantra.

Question: Why are tracking classes (druids, rangers and bards) who all have running speed spells camping the AC? They don't need jboots.

Answer: So they can farm the AC ring to make money via MQing

dslaybac
11-18-2016, 07:25 PM
God forbid they want to make plat to buy equipment they CAN use.

stonez138
11-18-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm considering getting them on an Iksar Necro. If I had someone share wolf form me, would I be able to buy them straight away you think?

No. If it's the same vendor that has the tink bags then its in sola, an indoor zone.

RDawg816
11-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Question: Why are tracking classes (druids, rangers and bards) who all have running speed spells camping the AC? They don't need jboots.

Answer: So they can have an instant speed buff in case of dispel. So they can have a junk buff FOR dispel. So the bard can have a speed buff before entering an indoor zone.

FTFY

Swish
11-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to point out, op is a fag. Didn't know if it was discussed yet.

If this guy isn't suspended I'm calling out whoever suspended me for a month as inconsistent ^^

Also this is the best thread in server chat in a while - enjoyable read :)

Swish
11-18-2016, 08:32 PM
aaaaand 6 minuets later he spawned and you were off doing god knows what haha sorry OP but your greif is not greif, it is blue. Wait in line.

What if the OP were to...say... give hasten 10gp? If he's then given 3250gp would it mess with the quest? I know this is bad and wrong, but from a mechanics point of view I wondered how that would turn out for the guy MQ'ing his 7th set of boots.

Ivah
11-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Love blue meltdowns. Do you also protest trump when you are not playing eq?

sacman08
11-18-2016, 08:53 PM
I had a wizard on live and I tried many times to get Jboots and never got them. The same thing was happened on live as on P99, some tracker or a group with a tracker would be stalking SRO and kill AC before I could get to it, or if I did get to it would drop it before I could.

Pumpedup
11-18-2016, 08:54 PM
since tracking basically does not work and you are talking about a giant cyclops, if you cant get to it first you dont get it

ZiggyTheMuss
11-18-2016, 09:34 PM
This guy made a Reddit post a few weeks ago and got laughed at then deleted all his posts in shame.

Is higher levels camping mid to low level stuff for farming purposes despicable? Perhaps, but that's how it always was on live. This guy should track Brad McQuaid down and whine to him, not the forums.

Lhancelot
11-18-2016, 09:58 PM
This guy made a Reddit post a few weeks ago and got laughed at then deleted all his posts in shame.

Is higher levels camping mid to low level stuff for farming purposes despicable? Perhaps, but that's how it always was on live. This guy should track Brad McQuaid down and whine to him, not the forums.

Too bad we don't have a viable way to communicate to Brad! That would be great. 17 years later, and the guy still gets flack for EQ1. :D

Sirban
11-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Would fucking lol so hard if Nilbog/Rogean trolled this dude in the middle of his butthurt Hasten genocide by spawning a super buffed, undercon Hasten with 32k HP and quads for 200.

*Butthurt OP tries to root Hasten*
*Hasten resists, runs to OP at Selo's speed and rapes him into dust in 2 combat rounds*

"That's enough Hasten killing for you tonight, young man."

Grief*.

Idiot

Down syndrome

NegaStoat
11-18-2016, 11:33 PM
I used to kill Hasten every time I passed him by while traveling in the zone, just because that little bastard knows the TRUE secret behind the named scarabs and won't tell anyone.

mackenzie
11-19-2016, 01:26 AM
camping hasten to stop the farmers sounds like a great idea actually. I hated the OOT list...i almost want to come back to p99 to help this guy boycott the greed of eq players

Cecily
11-19-2016, 01:34 AM
since tracking basically does not work and you are talking about a giant cyclops, if you cant get to it first you dont get it

I think (bc red piggie) you're thinking of player tracking. That's never worked properly afaik for the past 4 years. Mob tracking has always been dead on accurate though.

Trollhide
11-19-2016, 02:26 AM
camping hasten to stop the farmers sounds like a great idea actually. I hated the OOT list...i almost want to come back to p99 to help this guy boycott the greed of eq players
Wanting to earn platinum to equip your characters is greed. You heard it here first, comrade.

RDawg816
11-19-2016, 03:00 AM
Wanting to earn platinum to equip your characters is greed. You heard it here first, comrade.
What if I want it more than they do? -Rocket

Bruno
11-19-2016, 03:25 AM

Guy talks about honest people and is griefing with hasten to block MQ. lulz. You aren't just preventing someone from getting paid their MQ $$, but you're also preventing someone from acquiring their Jboots. Basically just making yourself look like a complete dickhead. Quit being psychotic, go farm your ring, and move on.

Ikon
11-19-2016, 04:05 AM
I loved camping the AC in SRo, I did it anytime I could back on live. Lost it to a few druids now and then but it was all part of the fun.

One thing that I'm confused about is why its spawning at 9pm and if so why we know that is happening? Half the fun of camping the AC in SRo for me anyway was trying to figure out the mystery of the spawn.

AFAIK it could spawn after nightfall not just at 9pm. 9pm seems a little too easy for pop in trackers to exploit, whereas if it was as on live, all night wouldn't that make it a little more difficult and give non-trackers a chance to compete? Or does it spawn anytime after 9pm?

Trollhide
11-19-2016, 06:03 AM
WTS Jboots MQ 7k, get at me on Heart or Pendrell, muah

Gumbo
11-19-2016, 09:09 AM
I noticed that getting a shadowed rapier is harder at times then getting an ancient ring. I'm serious... I have more trouble killing and getting a rapier from a Shadowed Man then killing an Ancient Cyclops.

countytime
11-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Who's this handsome fellow?

http://i.imgur.com/1KwRRlQ.png

He keeps appearing after I kill Hasten a bunch of times?

ridiculousmoose
11-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Who's this handsome fellow?

http://i.imgur.com/1KwRRlQ.png

He keeps appearing after I kill Hasten a bunch of times?

You gonna do that every 4 hrs from now on? What a sad life you must have...

Evia
11-19-2016, 03:07 PM
What a sociopath

paulgiamatti
11-19-2016, 03:08 PM
This thread classic as fuck

Pumpedup
11-19-2016, 03:14 PM
sounds like brother zeph is griefing players who need j boots, i bet if you shitbags cry hard enough staff will despawn him

or maybe you can take the thousand players you have online and throw yourself at him till he dies?

maybe you can kill him with level 1 ogre warriors and can make a televised event out of it

Lhancelot
11-19-2016, 04:55 PM
I just think it's funny how some of ya'll that talk shit on DaP are supporting this fellow seeing he is a DaP member himself. Oh the irony.

Pokesan
11-19-2016, 05:17 PM
What a sociopath

he should consider red

where the pixel package swish??

Freakish
11-19-2016, 05:48 PM
I think (bc red piggie) you're thinking of player tracking. That's never worked properly afaik for the past 4 years. Mob tracking has always been dead on accurate though.

The way I understood it was that it is on purpose. It messes with programs that can monitor eq packets since that information is being transferred regardless of whether you're a tracking class or not. Downside, player tracking gets bugged. Upside, cheating is curbed.

Lemonhead
11-19-2016, 06:59 PM
So does handing a mob part of a quest just mess up MQs, or legit questers too?

XeroKill
11-19-2016, 07:12 PM
So does handing a mob part of a quest just mess up MQs, or legit questers too?

It would make the AC ring the final step of the MQ and grant the reward to the person selling the MQ because it typically works by them turning in the AC Ring first and the other person turning in the gold and the rapier or either one of those items, depending on how it was arranged. The person that gets the reward is the last person to turn in the items that complete the quest sequence. I don't know how it would affect a person doing a complete turn in... that is a curious question.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded patronizing. The way I read your question at first came across as though you didn't know how the MQ worked. I realize now that you were simply asking if it affects just one or the other. I will leave it anyway, just in case someone else reading this thread doesn't know the score.

Pumpedup
11-19-2016, 07:15 PM
just turn in 3500 gold and a shadowed rapier to him and the person who turns in the AC Ring will get j boots and screw the mq up

do that everytime you see hasten up and farmers will quit farming it

Pokesan
11-19-2016, 07:24 PM
just turn in 3500 gold and a shadowed rapier to him and the person who turns in the AC Ring will get j boots and screw the mq up

do that everytime you see hasten up and farmers will quit farming it

doesn't inhibit characters doing the full quest themselves either, only breaks MQ

is terrorism tho

Pumpedup
11-19-2016, 07:33 PM
people doing the quest themselves are unaffected and not the topic of this thread

the point is you shut down farmers, once they lose a few AC rings they will do something else trust me.

stifling
11-20-2016, 10:36 AM
OP post is entitlement garbage. How is this spawn bring sniped due to an exploit? How are you less capable of acquiring this than any other person? Because they are druids or bards? This is akin to saying that a particular spawn or mechanic or whatever should be tailor made to get you pixels... where does it end? It ends with you leaving p99 rustled because it's too hard, unfair, unbalanced, etc. Lol. Try to answer this one question, aside from class choice, which is a choice that everyone makes, how is this unfair to any one group? Would it be unfair to those who can't tell time? To those with crap PC's? To those who have IBS and cannot stay seated for looking periods of time? This is an open world spawn that certain classes will always edge out on, just like you will edge out me on making money over time porting for cash, be able to support planar raids, be able to end difficult encounters quickly with burst DPS, quad... you are entitled to whatever you can earn for yourself through ingenuity, hard work and a ton of luck. I walked up on all 3 ACs in South that I ever got, I was on my way to him all 3 times.

Dirtynads
11-20-2016, 03:28 PM
I rarely read the boards anymore and was directed to this post because it concerns one of our members.....We havent spoken to Country about this post but we certainly will. I also add that if any member of <Dial-A-Port> was ever caught up in such stupidity they can expect removal instantly.

Cecily
11-20-2016, 03:45 PM
doesn't inhibit characters doing the full quest themselves either, only breaks MQ

is terrorism tho

It's gonna flood staff with petitions, which I can't see them appreciating much if you catch my drift.

countytime
11-20-2016, 06:31 PM
What's funny about this is when a jboot farmer ganks the AC, they're all: "Lol go cry about it crybaby"

But when I stop them from doing the turn in: "WTF you can't do that!"

It's like when a bully from an 80's movie finally gets theirs, and they're like "Whaaa?? That can't happen!"

P.S. When I do leave Hasten up, I've started handing him 3250 gold and a shadowed rapier. So that the next person who hands him an AC ring gets the jboots. The beauty of this is it won't hurt people who are doing the quest honestly, within the rules of the game. If a MQ goes wrong, you can't petition it. You were using an exploit that the Live devs said many, many times was not supported.

Cecily
11-20-2016, 06:49 PM
It's not an exploit. You are however wasting the Staff's time every single time you purposely ruin someone's MQ, if only to tell them no.

Kowalski
11-20-2016, 06:58 PM
No boots for you...

Pokesan
11-20-2016, 07:18 PM
It's not an exploit. You are however wasting the Staff's time every single time you purposely ruin someone's MQ, if only to tell them no.

i think the hero of chardok is jealous she didn't think of it first :)

for aspiring anarchists: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118027

Swish
11-20-2016, 07:20 PM
he should consider red

where the pixel package swish??

No pixel packages required, just bring yourself and a sense of adventure...the pixels will find you np ^^

Cecily
11-20-2016, 07:49 PM
i think the hero of chardok is jealous she didn't think of it first :)

for aspiring anarchists: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118027

You can say both are griefing, and you'd be right. But setting a random stranger's quest up to fail is just being a psychopath.

Swish
11-20-2016, 07:55 PM
...and lets be honest, the Chardok rebellion was an upper cut to the psychopaths on this server. Their behavior that evening said it all.

countytime
11-20-2016, 07:55 PM
I have faith that it will eventually be fixed, either to be like it was on Live (mob spawns along its path, but is still on is own timer, is how I think it was), or like it was here before. But either way, there are things you can do to help.

You can make a guild rule against selling or buying Jboot MQs. Most guilds have rules against other bad behavior, so that's a no brainer.
Don't buy Jboots from farmers. Remember that every time you do that, you're paying them to screw over someone of appropriate level that needs them.

Cecily
11-20-2016, 08:00 PM
You know you could camp them like everyone else.

ZiggyTheMuss
11-20-2016, 08:00 PM
I think I'm gonna start camping south Ro cyclops more!

Izmael
11-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Not sure what's wrong with paying someone 7k to farm a ring for you. The first time I farmed a pair ever, it took me 3 weeks, got crazy unlucky.

I would much rather have someone do it for me. Glad there are people who provide that service.

Lhancelot
11-20-2016, 08:36 PM
I think I'm gonna start camping south Ro cyclops more!

No shit. As easy as people make it sound, it sounds like I simply been unlucky the few dozen times I went through Sro at night time unable to find the AC.

Doors
11-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Wipe my ass with 7k who cares.

eadric
11-20-2016, 08:59 PM
I have faith that it will eventually be fixed,

Lol, that's cute. You must be new around here.

chromis
11-21-2016, 12:43 AM
What is the exploit?

coki
11-21-2016, 01:25 AM
I have faith that it will eventually be fixed, either to be like it was on Live (mob spawns along its path, but is still on is own timer, is how I think it was), or like it was here before. But either way, there are things you can do to help.

You can make a guild rule against selling or buying Jboot MQs. Most guilds have rules against other bad behavior, so that's a no brainer.
Don't buy Jboots from farmers. Remember that every time you do that, you're paying them to screw over someone of appropriate level that needs them.

It will never go back to way it was pre 2014 or 2013? were there was 1 ph you could kill every 30.1minutes, Nilbog has fixed it to be a better representation (ish) of what it was on live and lastly a verant dev already released the **mysterious** code for it a long time ago...to lazy to go find that link atm though

RDawg816
11-21-2016, 02:25 AM

I don't negotiate with terrorists. I will negotiate with JBoot farmers though. I've camped that guy like 5 times (in both zones).... I'll farm plat instead.

OP, if this game is too hard for you, might I recommend you try getting your games from the toddler section? It sounds like that might be more your speed....

Swish
11-21-2016, 02:26 AM
Since those changes I've always done my time at the OOT AC, been luckier than some... only did a 12+ hour wait once :p

Jimjam
11-21-2016, 04:26 AM
I look forward to OP looking for level appropriate xp at 46+ and troll porting competing DPS characters to PoHate ("you already got a group last week, you don't need another!")

If you ARE a wizard a good strategy is to stand next to the high level druid in s ro, follow him (with sow) and use your insta click staff of temperate flux to be the first to engage the AC.

Swish
11-21-2016, 05:06 AM
If you ARE a wizard a good strategy is to stand next to the high level druid in s ro, follow him (with sow) and use your insta click staff of temperate flux to be the first to engage the AC.

"Got FTE bro? GOT FTE?!"

I support flagging the zone for ffa pvp at the hours of 7pm until 7am with red LNS rules applying.

Jimjam
11-21-2016, 05:13 AM
"Got FTE bro? GOT FTE?!"

I support flagging the zone for ffa pvp at the hours of 7pm until 7am with red LNS rules applying.

Yea, it's a pretty sad state on blue for this kind of stuff. I'm still at the point where I enjoy camping my own than paying someone else to do it for me.

Regarding the other server, I remember on Red, my first AC got KSed by an out of range druid (when the pop was a bit higher and the old S Ro AC mechanic was in). Later (with the new mechanic) someone did MQ me one for free, so red is very swings and round abouts for these things.

Swish
11-21-2016, 05:17 AM
I've personally see someone lose an AC on red before Nilbog changed the setup. A wizard rolled in, smoked a waiting necro who had just engaged and then nuked the AC down.

What I think most people don't realize on red is that if you're not in pvp range, blue rules apply (at this time the level range was +/- 8)... so had the wizard killed the AC first he would have lost the ring if a petition went in about it.

As it was, there was a very angry gnome and a very smug erudite...no GM involvement was required.

Jimjam
11-21-2016, 05:50 AM
Yea, the OOR druid was grouped with an in range SK, who I was also engaging while kiteing the AC so I didn't really want to waste time on seeing how that petition would work out when my ranger got sow in a couple of levels anyway.

These days on red the South Ro AC is often left up and S Ro, unlike blue where there are maybe only 2 spawns a day that go unobserved.

I don't really understand the tribalism that a lot of red/blue players have against each other. I've been able to find funs on both throughout my p99 'career'(s?)

Swish
11-21-2016, 07:11 AM
There is fun on both, people just don't seem to have made the transition to red (yet) <3

Triiz
11-21-2016, 05:45 PM
OP, I saw you killing CS wyverns yesterday. You could camp the OOT AC, clearly you've chosen not to and whine and cry about it instead.

i question how often you went hungry cause someone took your food while you were doing "Countytime"

BTW to anyone looking to do the MQ, there's a 55+ caster drake that's usually up in Rathe Mountains that's KOS to everyone. Wouldn't be near Hasten unless someone trained him but just "the more you know" and all.

Lhancelot
11-21-2016, 06:22 PM
i question how often you went hungry cause someone took your food while you were doing "Countytime"

Just yell "SLEEP LATE LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!" He probably still has nightmares recalling when the officers used to yell that at him and the tank he was in at chow time.

Beebo
11-22-2016, 12:25 AM
https://s18.postimg.org/wdarmwpzt/EQ000025.jpg

WELL AIN'T THAT SOMETHIN...CAN'T EVEN TROLL WITHOUT SLACKIN. GOT MAH BEWTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swish
11-22-2016, 12:50 AM
https://s18.postimg.org/wdarmwpzt/EQ000025.jpg

WELL AIN'T THAT SOMETHIN...CAN'T EVEN TROLL WITHOUT SLACKIN. GOT MAH BEWTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP must have given up?

Ikon
11-22-2016, 12:54 AM
You can say both are griefing, and you'd be right. But setting a random stranger's quest up to fail is just being a psychopath.
I can sort of understand the frustration that would drive a person to do this but meh I like competing for the ring and farming rare spawns so i'm biased both ways.

On live I got a bit carried away when the dire charm aa's came out and I started camping every lodi spawn, made a crapload of plat literally millions of him but I'd always move aside if a guild came along and wanted him. A lot of people won't do that.

Beebo
11-22-2016, 12:55 AM
No...he killed him when I showed up in the zone..then logged for a little while..about 30 minutes later I got my boots. LOL He shoulda skipped that trip to the McD's drive thru. Such a slacking troll.

Swish
11-22-2016, 01:23 AM
No...he killed him when I showed up in the zone..then logged for a little while..about 30 minutes later I got my boots. LOL He shoulda skipped that trip to the McD's drive thru. Such a slacking troll.

OP gotta eat/sleep sometime right?

I think it's time we had a good honest look about how MQs are done here for the sanity of the OP and anyone else who's looking to profit over a leveling character wanting to do a quest for themselves.

Trollhide
11-22-2016, 01:27 AM
He's currently sitting here in Rathe as I try to pop Hasten. I'm talking to Braknar atm hoping he will remove him or something. The dude has legit had a mental break to spend his EQ time this way.

Beebo
11-22-2016, 01:34 AM
Straight up I leveled a cleric just so I could make enough plat in dungeons to afford jboots. I worked very hard to get where I'm at. Also...my guildmate camped it for me and I paid him the plat so it was in house. I don't see the problem. While I was waiting a few days ago for my other toon (who also got his jboots) I noticed there were 3 other people waiting for hasten to do their quest. All 3 of these folks were by themselves and were not there for MQ. What OP is doing is screwing over the legit questers too. This sucks more for them than it does for him. I do feel sorry for him because I know the feeling of not being able to attain something in this game and struggling so hard to make it happen. The thing is that the struggle is real and he's not the only damn one and he's screwing over honest people who aren't even MQing the damn thing.

Trollhide
11-22-2016, 01:59 AM
MQ went off without a hitch, I guess ol' County was sleepin on him.

Here was the conversation with Braknar I had, he basically conceded that this shit is not OK per the rules if you're killing Hasten placeholders, but didn't say what could/would be done if it became an issue:

http://i.imgur.com/5Je2CEi.png

Swish
11-22-2016, 02:15 AM
I always thought the unwritten rule was "don't be a dick". OP is certainly being a dick. But then so is anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process.

See in the past: rogue epics.

Trollhide
11-22-2016, 02:27 AM
I always thought the unwritten rule was "don't be a dick". OP is certainly being a dick. But then so is anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process.

Please explain how camping and selling MQs differs from camping and selling tradable loot. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Izmael
11-22-2016, 05:52 AM
OP sounds like the easiest 30 day suspension ever.

Nordenwatch
11-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Thank you Trollhide for allowing this level 18 monk to get jboots - capitalism dictates what the appropriate level is, OP.

Swish
11-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Please explain how camping and selling MQs differs from camping and selling tradable loot. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Where did I mention tradeable loot? Go ahead, I'll wait too.

I've personally experienced the ridiculous bottleneck on the old rogue epics. Got dunked on by Calabee who went on to admit being a known RMTer. I just wanted to quest my own, is that a crime? The only savior along the whole of that was Liia who MQ'd it fairly often but let me go ahead at the Lake Rathe part (never forget the good people).

Priceline
11-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Ban number 3 is it swish?

Beebo
11-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Bottlenecks with a healthy population are classic.

Dollar
11-22-2016, 09:43 AM
People treat Jboots like they are a necessity. I see people who say I have to have Jboots in order to even play a low character. There are tons of Druids and Shamans on this server, so getting a sow for travelling is extremely easy. The only class I think that may 'need' jboots for levelling is a Wizard while quadding. The rest is just luxury. If you can't solo with other caster classes without jboots than you are doing it wrong. Yes a nice to have item, but not even close to being important. Spend a couple hundred pp on sow pots, and you can bet your ass they last a lot longer than you anticipate. If you can learn this, you wont care about the mess with AC, but I do agree MQs are out of hand on this server.. but everyone wants their $$

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 11:23 AM
There are tons of Druids and Shamans on this server, so getting a sow for travelling is extremely easy.

You can say this, and I typically have Jboots, sow pots, or play classes that sow themselves... But... Do you know how many people ignore you or are afk when you need a sow?

I am on a lowbie rogue now, and I can type and ask 5-6 times different druids/shamans/rangers for a sow and not get a response.

It's frustrating, and time consuming. It's much more convenient having your own way to run fast, for sure.

Yes, many people will easily sow on request but there also are many that are snide about it and won't.

renordw
11-22-2016, 11:24 AM
You're doing the Lord's work, my son

Trollhide
11-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Where did I mention tradeable loot? Go ahead, I'll wait too.

anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process
By saying someone is "shitting on levelling players" here, you're implying you think people are dicks for camping something they don't receive XP for, whether it's an MQ or tradable. Not the case, and not how Everquest works.

Sony tried to stop people from camping lower level items with their trivial loot code in a couple places like Warrens and it was pretty reviled for its stupidity and thus not widely adopted.

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 11:51 AM
The fundamental difference between farming and camping lot is risk aversion. Camping is not working, it is gambling. You are waiting for the chance to get the item sooner than you could working for it. Farming is working. You are guaranteed acquisition. Of said item following a given investment of your time.

Bruno
11-22-2016, 12:21 PM
I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins. With that kind of effort he could gear out every toon on an account with Jboots. Plus, I would be highly surprised if staff doesn't intervene and suspend him for griefing the quest if he was doing so.

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 01:53 PM
I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins.

Hush, it's his story don't try to ruin it. I hope he is keeping track of how many Hastens he has killed after a couple months I would like to know the exact number. :p

SDWV
11-22-2016, 03:17 PM
It would be an epic waste of time to kill Hasten repeatedly. Good luck to him, though.

Pumpedup
11-22-2016, 03:22 PM
I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins. With that kind of effort he could gear out every toon on an account with Jboots. Plus, I would be highly surprised if staff doesn't intervene and suspend him for griefing the quest if he was doing so.

hey jizzbag MQing isn't supported by CSR staff, so turning in gold + rapiers is awesome imo

you mad?

Cecily
11-22-2016, 03:35 PM

The ironic thing is each time he griefs like that, he's losing a considerable chunk of plat which could be put towards purchasing a MQ and being happy.

fadetree
11-22-2016, 03:42 PM
hey jizzbag MQing isn't supported by CSR staff, so turning in gold + rapiers is awesome imo

you mad?

Poor Bruno is probably crushed by such a genius level post. Gotta be a YD IRL, amirite.
you dumb?

Bruno
11-22-2016, 03:47 PM
The ironic thing is each time he griefs like that, he's losing a considerable chunk of plat which could be put towards purchasing a MQ and being happy.

That's what I'm saying. He's going to teach everyone a lesson by wasting his own time and resources. Surely a Darwin award candidate.

Bruno
11-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Poor Bruno is probably crushed by such a genius level post. Gotta be a YD IRL, amirite.
you dumb?

I have to admit, I don't think I've been called a jizzbag before. I was sitting here imagining what that would be like.

Raev
11-22-2016, 04:20 PM

True, but after a 2-3 week reign of jboot mq terror perhaps he could persuade the farmers to pay him protection platinum . . .

Sorn
11-22-2016, 04:24 PM
True, but after a 2-3 week reign of jboot mq terror perhaps he could persuade the farmers to pay him protection platinum . . .

The start of a jboots mafia...

<MafiaQuest>

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 04:25 PM
I have to admit, I don't think I've been called a jizzbag before. I was sitting here imagining what that would be like.

I would think in the absence of careful maintenance (sprinting, massaging, etc.) it would be difficult to open after about half a day or so.

Rygar
11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
MQ went off without a hitch, I guess ol' County was sleepin on him.

Here was the conversation with Braknar I had, he basically conceded that this shit is not OK per the rules if you're killing Hasten placeholders, but didn't say what could/would be done if it became an issue:

http://i.imgur.com/5Je2CEi.png

One of the saddest conversations I've read, trying to LawyerQuest a GM about server rules. You killed Braknar a little bit inside and pushed him further away from the game is my guess.

Pokesan
11-22-2016, 05:34 PM
im braknar correcting the typo

Maelstrom
11-22-2016, 06:53 PM
I got the AC ring as my prize for the Halloween event.

Countytime wanted me to MQ it for him.

Instead I sold it to a random and made 7k.

Glad I went that route.

Beebo
11-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Internet vitriol and P99 shenanigans are clashing here. He did ask for it but as much as it hurts to say this I think we could all pitch in a few hundred plat to help the fledgling whelp of a wizzy. I pledge 1kpp for an MQ for him if he's not too good to become a part of what he considers the problem. I was at work all day today thinking about how pissed he was and how much grief he must have felt "getting screwed" out of his AC multiple times. I knoe Im going to catch flack for this but I felt bad trolling him and it just isnt like me to terrorize someone on a free emulated 17 year old game. I know that he asked for this when he made the post and subsequently began killing hasten but everyone deserves a little break once in a while. I dont have the time or the emotional capacity to continue making this dude have a bad day. I know I was yelping in my previous posts but I just don't want to be hateful here. It's sad that peoplr can get this shitty but Im going to be the better man. Let's lend him a helping hand and show him how wrong he is when he calls us all douchebags for "screwing over the entire server".

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 07:32 PM
I would like to start a competing fund to weaponize similar level mages, necromancers and druids to contest this fellow's camps.

Will you fund degeneracy, or will you fund

JUSTICE?

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Internet vitriol and P99 shenanigans are clashing here. He did ask for it but as much as it hurts to say this I think we could all pitch in a few hundred plat to help the fledgling whelp of a wizzy. I pledge 1kpp for an MQ for him if he's not too good to become a part of what he considers the problem. I was at work all day today thinking about how pissed he was and how much grief he must have felt "getting screwed" out of his AC multiple times. I knoe Im going to catch flack for this but I felt bad trolling him and it just isnt like me to terrorize someone on a free emulated 17 year old game. I know that he asked for this when he made the post and subsequently began killing hasten but everyone deserves a little break once in a while. I dont have the time or the emotional capacity to continue making this dude have a bad day. I know I was yelping in my previous posts but I just don't want to be hateful here. It's sad that peoplr can get this shitty but Im going to be the better man. Let's lend him a helping hand and show him how wrong he is when he calls us all douchebags for "screwing over the entire server".

He's in one the the most helpful guilds on the server, he's in DaP. He can port for money, and buy the MQ himself.

I found his post humorous, and he is enjoying the fact some people are angry at him for killing Hasten.

If you want to appease your gods, and clear your conscience for being a gigantic douche earlier, feel free to hand me your plats. I promise all condemnation bestowed upon you for your past and present sins shall be forever cleansed.

sonicjoose
11-22-2016, 07:45 PM
d

sonicjoose
11-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Wait no don't do that. Thats a bad bad bad bad thing to do

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 07:54 PM
I've already received 3 donations and 2 service pledges.

Reprisal is a beast who hungers and knows not satiety.

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 07:59 PM
I've already received 3 donations and 2 service pledges.

Reprisal is a beast who hungers and knows not satiety.

Just be careful. When you arm the enemies enemy, sometimes you find that enemy to be your own future enemy. Nothing worse than fighting a group you yourself armed. I'd tell you who to ask, but you already know.

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Just be careful. When you arm the enemies enemy, sometimes you find that enemy to be your own future enemy. Nothing worse than fighting a group you yourself armed. I'd tell you who to ask, but you already know.

Your concern for my wellbeing is heartfelt and I thank you for it, my dear knight. This thing though, it must be done. Fear not for me. Nay, save your sorrows for the farmers and the traders, the scraping noobletts and established alternates. Cry not for me, but for them! For their loss is great, but mine is small. For I am but a tool, no more. It is in he hand of Great Justice that my heart is bound. It is not so bad a place, friend.

Beebo
11-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Snarf...derp derp herpa derp flerp merp berp.

DERP.

Lhancelot
11-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Your concern for my wellbeing is heartfelt and I thank you for it, my dear knight. This thing though, it must be done. Fear not for me. Nay, save your sorrows for the farmers and the traders, the scraping noobletts and established alternates. Cry not for me, but for them! For their loss is great, but mine is small. For I am but a tool, no more. It is in he hand of Great Justice that my heart is bound. It is not so bad a place, friend.

Once the bed has been made, one must sleep in it.

maskedmelon
11-22-2016, 09:44 PM
2 more pledges, OP. Run as fast as your effectless feet will carry you...

Topgunben
11-23-2016, 12:03 AM

Exactly. Sometimes it takes a dick to beat a dick....

kebas239
11-24-2016, 02:27 PM

How could you kill this cute cuddly wuddly gnome??? You monster!