PDA

View Full Version : Coldain Prayer Shawl troubles

Lobster1071
11-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Just looking for some suggestions on how to proceed with the current quest.

I have a level 46 druid, and am running through the Coldain Prayer Shawl quest. I hit step 4 with the Kromrif Death Squad.

After reading up on it, and using the "pet trick" to point in the direction of the spawn points, I’d say the death squad spawned 4 out of 5 times for each time I tried to make Tanik spawn (you have to make him spawn twice). My tactic was to just point the pet in the direction, then run through the spot. If the death squad spawned, just keep running to the Kael zone and try again. It worked fine for every time, except once, when they stunned me and killed me. Oh well, tried again and again, and completed it.

Now I’m doing it on my level 58 enchanter. Yes, maybe I’m starting it too late, but wanted to do it for the fun of it. The problem is, apparently the squad adjusts to your current level. So when I try to run away from them at level 58, they summon and kill me.

The way I see it, my options are:
1) Get my druid to spawn Tanik, then do a quick login of my enchanter. However, don't know if he can spawn Tanik if he is past that part of the quest. Plus, I don’t know how long he stays spawned, and if I’ll have time to do the login.

2) Get a full group and kill the death squad. However, not sure a full group would want to stand around and wait while I do this boring part of the quest. ie. Try to make him spawn, get back to town and do the turn ins, then come back out and try to make him spawn again.

3) Forget the whole quest, and move on to something else :)

Anyone with any ideas?

guinness
11-21-2016, 04:33 PM
The problem is, apparently the squad adjusts to your current level. So when I try to run away from them at level 58, they summon and kill me.

I don't think this is true. Also, mobs that are undamaged cannot summon you.

Triiz
11-21-2016, 04:46 PM
^^Undamaged mobs definitely shouldn't be summoning.

I've spawned him twice before for friends without being involved in the quest what so ever (on a melee class) around -6757, 4022. Two other friends doing the quest a few weeks later were also able to spawn him without getting the death squad running over that loc, not the ones on wiki. Not getting the death squad any of the multiple times may (likely?) just be pure luck though.

Have been meaning to add that loc to the wiki, will do so in a few.

Edit: For some reason says the page is protected and I can't update the wiki. Haven't edited things before so not sure if it's just my mistake or unable to be changed.

SoekiWiz
11-21-2016, 04:49 PM
You need to spam your pet back off as you're running through the trap. The death squad is the same level range every single time it spawns, and is 100% not adjusting to your level.

For clarification, you only need to spawn him once. The entire quest is creating the vial then just handing it to him. The "introductory" spawning is unnecessary.

Handull
11-21-2016, 06:20 PM
Use your lowest level pet so it dies before getting any of them to summoning range. The mobs are the same level, but your druid pet is weak as could be and dies when breathed on wrong.

The only part of that quest that really matters when you do it might be the Velks silks, since pre-60 you can xp in Velks and gather silks as you go. Farming silks for hours and hours at 60 kind of sucks.

Castigate
11-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Just get a second person to run through where the pet points and have them train the death squad so your pet doesn't engage it.
Slightly more difficult run through it from a longer distance with your pet parked further away and have it back off to its guard point as soon as they attack you before your pet can attack.

Lobster1071
11-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Thank you so much everyone for all the information. Actually, I saw the reason for the summoning from your responses. I didn’t know the mobs had to be damaged for them to summon you, and that’s exactly what was happening. The charmed pet that my chanter had (a walrus) attacked the giants, and then I was summoned. I’m sure of it now. All the times trying on my druid, the pet never attacked them (just got lucky every time). I used a walrus on my druid too (also charmed a snow rabbit as a pet), but they never got in range for an attack. I’ll spam the back off button when I do it again on the chanter.

Also, I didn’t know that I could get away with just spawning Tanik only one time, and didn’t have to worry about the introductory spawning of him. I will give that a try as well, and just spawn him after I make the vial to hand in.

Thanks again everyone.

SoekiWiz
11-22-2016, 10:27 AM
nobody cares about your fucking gay shawl quest

Confirmed mad.

Leave the guy alone, everybody loves shawls!

eudaimonia_etc
11-22-2016, 01:34 PM
"Why you heff to be mad? It's only game."

rpgfan
01-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Just get a second person to run through where the pet points and have them train the death squad so your pet doesn't engage it.
Slightly more difficult run through it from a longer distance with your pet parked further away and have it back off to its guard point as soon as they attack you before your pet can attack.

Helped a couple of people tonight this way. Two on the same quest step. We were ungrouped, I was in dog form and ran in the direction the bunny pet pointed (pet of the quester of course) until Kromrif Death Squad jumped me, then ran them off while the pet owner reset guard; they found Tanik a minute later, I gated out. The squad meander back to their spawn point if you leave without spawning Tanik, but once he's given the note they seem to depop.

Alanus
01-09-2017, 11:30 PM
If you are charming, use a snow bunny as your pet.

Use wolf form for yourself.

Zone death squad to kael.