PDA

View Full Version : How to get along with Joogl Honeybugger

jackd104
11-21-2016, 10:13 PM
I'm a lvl 12 DE necro, trying to improve faction with Rivervale merchants and bank. I want to do the Honeybugger bandage quest, but he's threatening to me and attacks. How can I raise faction with Honeybugger enough to allow me to begin turning in bandages? I have killed many Goblins in Misty Thicket but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Thx
Yoxodo

Trungep99
11-22-2016, 01:13 AM
Keep smashing away at the goblins , may be faster to just level elsewhere by the time you can turn in items. Also you may ruin some dark elf factions by turning in

Swish
11-22-2016, 01:20 AM
Get into Runnyeye, faction to be had <3

...is it the right faction though? IIRC it's easy to grind guard faction, but she might not be on the same faction.

Aalderon Crystafire
11-22-2016, 04:05 AM
Nothing you can kill will raise faction with Joogl Honeybugger, I'm afraid. He belongs to Deeppockets, the Rivervale Rogue's guild. You can wait until he is green enough that he won't attack you then have someone (preferably a Bard because it pulses) invis you for each trade (after you put it in the trade window).

Your alternative is to kill hundreds and hundreds of Butcherblock Bandits to get in good with the Miners Guild 628 (Kaladim Rogues) then hand in Runnyeye Beads or Rat Pelts, or BB Bandit tongues in Kaladim to get Deeppockets hits as well. This will lower your Hall of the Ebon Mask faction though (Neriak Rogues) and though currently that won't affect you, later on when Glazin K`Jartan has his faction corrected (he's mistakenly a Necro GM on The Dead instead of a Ebon Mask liaison as he should be) you could end up KOS in your own guildhall.

Pyrion
11-22-2016, 04:33 AM
Maybe a druid turning you into a wolf will help? That usually gets rid of racial prejudices.

Aalderon Crystafire
11-22-2016, 05:14 AM
Maybe a druid turning you into a wolf will help? That usually gets rid of racial prejudices.

Very possible. While Necromancer and Innoruuk class/diety mods are still going to hurt him even with wolf form, it may bring him to dubious, at least.

Izmael
11-22-2016, 05:49 AM
Have someone charm the bugger and turn in your stuff then?

Swish
11-22-2016, 05:52 AM
If its any comfort OP, you can bank in most places by being in range of the banker but be out of line of sight of any NPCs (a wall is usually the answer)... and failing that, later on you might survive by literally taking off invis near the banker and casting feign death before anything nearby gets a piece of you.

Swish
11-22-2016, 05:53 AM
Have someone charm the bugger and turn in your stuff then?

Charming will allow the turn in but wont give faction hits as far as I remember. Tried getting my dark elf enchanter to do some Ro Armor quest pieces (some NPC in west commons and bottles of milk... turned in fine, but no faction applied).

Not sure if that's classic or not but that's how it is here.

EDIT: Might be different if the NPC isn't your pet etc ^^

jackd104
11-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Thanks all. I have a report back. I found a lvl 60 Druid to port me to Misty and turn me into a wolf. It worked like a charm. While a wolf, I was able to give the feisty Mr. Honeybugger his bandages. It took ~100 bandages to get from "threateningly" to "dubious" and upon dubious I was able to give bandages while in my normal magnificent Dark Elf state. RV merchants have gone from dubious to apprehensive, so a few more bandage dumps and I should be in business using the merchants and bank of Rivervale. Thanks again, folks.