PDA

View Full Version : Why P99 is awesome

Morningbreath
11-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Ever since the mid-2000s I've been a MMO nomad. Burned out on Everquest but then not finding satisfaction in the newer more expensive MMOs.

I logged back into SWTOR last week and I created a completely new character and my mailbox is full of free stuff. I had at least 20 emails with mounts, 4 sets of armor, a new companion, vanity pets, etc.

If you log into P99 and start a toon, you get get a cloth tunic and a guild note.

OK that's not fair to P99. You also get outdated graphics, a non-existent quest interface and 8* open inventory slots.

And people LOVE IT.

*Technically only 6 of those slots will be available because 2 are taken up by food and water which will be consumed in a few hours.

Swish2
11-25-2016, 10:04 AM
You know a game is in trouble if they're giving out a lot of free stuff.

Heroes of the Storm is one such example at the moment. Been giving that a go, and they decided to give me over a month of double XP to catch up to the more seasoned players as well as freebies here and there.

Old EQ is great for saying "here's a couple of spells or a sword, that bat is probably going to kick your ass...try your best anyway"

Going forward I think only Pantheon can save those of us who want something new AND difficult :p

Xaanka
11-25-2016, 10:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/G3jTCcd.gif

Lhancelot
11-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Yeah, new games are awful. And, older games after EQ1 turned awful fast after good starts. The world is infested with people who have no patience and want instant gratification so games now cater to those types of people.

Xaanka
11-25-2016, 11:52 AM
Yeah, new games are awful. And, older games after EQ1 turned awful fast after good starts. The world is infested with people who have no patience and want instant gratification so games now cater to those types of people.

Takii Huggles
11-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Ever since the mid-2000s I've been a MMO nomad. Burned out on Everquest but then not finding satisfaction in the newer more expensive MMOs.

I logged back into SWTOR last week and I created a completely new character and my mailbox is full of free stuff. I had at least 20 emails with mounts, 4 sets of armor, a new companion, vanity pets, etc.

If you log into P99 and start a toon, you get get a cloth tunic and a guild note.

OK that's not fair to P99. You also get outdated graphics, a non-existent quest interface and 8* open inventory slots.

And people LOVE IT.

*Technically only 6 of those slots will be available because 2 are taken up by food and water which will be consumed in a few hours.

Beautiful isn't it? ;)

skarlorn
11-25-2016, 03:14 PM
God bless u ain't rong

Kaosfury
11-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Everquest.....dark age of camelot. The best 2 mmos in existance.

P99 for that tasty old school eq.
Uthgard for old school DAoC.

Hoping Camelot Unchained is the next awsome sauce.

Izmael
11-25-2016, 04:12 PM
If Pantheon doesn't deliver I will probably lose faith in humanity.

(or just sock p99 so hard my dick will fall off)

Priceline
11-25-2016, 09:21 PM

(or just sock p99 so hard my dick will fall off)

Better stock up on socks, cyber Monday might have some good deals

Lhancelot
11-25-2016, 09:37 PM

This is how I feel everytime a new mmo comes out.

I either fail to find it fun, or I find a mmo I enjoy then the company ruins it by dumbing it down and/or just making awful gamebreaking changes to it.

Every time, I think to myself my goodness, how can there not be one worthy successor to some of the oldest mmos created, including EQ1?

How do companies keep failing so hard, over, and over, and over? :(

paulgiamatti
11-25-2016, 10:00 PM
To say that an MMORPG is only successful if it holds up to your niche, unpopular standard is extremely myopic and a perversion of the word "successful". World of Warcraft is objectively the most successful MMORPG, regardless of what a couple thousand weird nerds who still play a 17-year-old elf simulator think. That's not me praising World of Warcraft - I think WoW live blows - it's just a factual statement.

That said, yeah I am also a weird nerd who is highly anticipating the release of Pantheon.

Trungep99
11-25-2016, 10:25 PM
P99 is awesome until you find the political threads on off topic. Stay away from there!

Priceline
11-25-2016, 10:43 PM
That said, yeah I am also a weird nerd who is highly anticipating the release of Pantheon.

You can sleep with as many girls that your fashionquest gear will allow but you'll never remember it like your first

Unless it's an orgy or something, I'd probably remember that

Wiley
11-26-2016, 12:10 AM
^^ I still recall the first character I created in EQ, de wiz named Gregrory with most points into DEX for the crits, not knowing it was a warrior only thing. Also remember root+nuking caimans in oasis and someone giving me a gossamer robe.

In contrast I recently tried that Black Desert mmo and couldn't tell you the names or what class I tried 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. And that was last month

Minelwood
11-26-2016, 03:56 AM
This is how I feel everytime a new mmo comes out.

I either fail to find it fun, or I find a mmo I enjoy then the company ruins it by dumbing it down and/or just making awful gamebreaking changes to it.

Every time, I think to myself my goodness, how can there not be one worthy successor to some of the oldest mmos created, including EQ1?

How do companies keep failing so hard, over, and over, and over? :(

Its called money, your view of success = less money in expansions. Going back to just reading this stuff.

Swish2
11-26-2016, 04:11 AM

Why am I banned and this goes on? P99 I ask you...

Muggens
11-26-2016, 04:35 AM
Why am I banned and this goes on? P99 I ask you...

Please dont, the forum will end up very boring with only wall of text lawyerquest and new server "ideas". Why are you banned btw, and are those dogs huskies in your sig?

Swish2
11-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Please dont, the forum will end up very boring with only wall of text lawyerquest and new server "ideas". Why are you banned btw, and are those dogs huskies in your sig?

They're certainly husky types, they don't look quite right to me for husky pups but similar breed I think :p

The irony of the ban is I probably shouldn't talk about it due to lawyering in the world of ForumQuest...back in time for Christmas hopefully, and still here in a sense <3

(page 3 and we've gone from why P99 is awesome to why forum bans are being handed out hehe)

Swish2
11-26-2016, 07:37 AM
(dog gif for preservation >> http://i.imgur.com/h3lH9xF.gif )

Sorn
11-26-2016, 11:35 AM
They're certainly husky types, they don't look quite right to me for husky pups but similar breed I think :p

They might be sled dogs (maybe Alaskan Malamutes) but they look a lot like Akitas with the wide faces, floppy ears, and curved tails. Really chubby ones...ah, but maybe they're mutts!

Morningbreath
11-26-2016, 01:31 PM
you think they love it here? Try out red99 there are upwards to 6 players on that server!

I have and I enjoyed it 95% of the time. Not being able to use any AE spells because they hit people in_my_group was a dealbreaker. Nothing about fixing that issue would hurt the integrity of that server.

Muggens
11-27-2016, 05:47 AM

Yeah, I think Sorn is right, they do look like Akita breed. They look cute but they are tough dogs! Ive been considering getting a dog, APBT is my favorite but not legal here, the Akita seems like a good match for the norwegian winters, I might get one. Reminds me of the norwegian "elg" hound.