PDA

View Full Version : Considering coming back...

BlooDReDRagE
11-27-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm considering coming back to P99. I used to play it for a small while, but then I got sucked into Phinigel, like a few others apparently did. I liked Phinigel, but it just didn't feel like classic EQ. IDK if it was the models or what, but it just felt off. Combine that with the fact that I am bored of just about every other MMO out there, I feel compelled to do the P99 thing again, but with much more commitment this time. The question is, how long do you honestly think P99 will be around? Is there quite a few new people to start back out with? I'm just worried about sinking so much time into it without knowing if it's on its last leg or not, and was just looking for a small discussion while the client downloads. Thanks! :D

Lhancelot
11-27-2016, 08:37 PM
I'm considering coming back to P99. I used to play it for a small while, but then I got sucked into Phinigel, like a few others apparently did. I liked Phinigel, but it just didn't feel like classic EQ. IDK if it was the models or what, but it just felt off. Combine that with the fact that I am bored of just about every other MMO out there, I feel compelled to do the P99 thing again, but with much more commitment this time. The question is, how long do you honestly think P99 will be around? Is there quite a few new people to start back out with? I'm just worried about sinking so much time into it without knowing if it's on its last leg or not, and was just looking for a small discussion while the client downloads. Thanks! :D

I mean... The population has been steady for years. 1200-1300 usual amount during peak hours I think? I don't see any hint of it on it's "last leg" tbh.

BlooDReDRagE
11-27-2016, 08:40 PM
True. I guess I always assume the live servers have much higher population.

Lhancelot
11-27-2016, 08:46 PM
True. I guess I always assume the live servers have much higher population.

Do they? I haven't played live for over 10 years.

BlooDReDRagE
11-27-2016, 08:48 PM
I honestly don't know. They don't post their population numbers, to my knowledge.

badthingfactory
11-27-2016, 09:55 PM
I just started myself and I'm amazed how full of life Butcherblock Mountains feels. If the newbie zones are any indication, I'd say population is quite good.

Auvdar
11-27-2016, 10:02 PM
I started back in 2009, and it felt alive. And it still feels alive. So, no this emu isn't going anywhere. (Iirc the made a deal with Daybreak... so I think starting here is fine)

paulgiamatti
11-27-2016, 10:08 PM
P99 population is steadier these days but smaller than it was during its heyday, which is a good thing. The Sleeper awakening was definitely a turning point - overall interest in the server is certainly less than it used to be. Fewer people frequent the forums, and people aren't as passionate about the server since it's already achieved its zenith. Those are probably all good things though - the playerbase is more casual and friendly and it's less stress on the staff.

Red_Messiah
11-28-2016, 12:01 AM
I'd wait for a new server

CheeseRoll
11-28-2016, 03:54 PM
I'd wait for a new server

Or go check out Takp or that other server that isn't mentioned around here

Ganjar
11-28-2016, 06:22 PM
Dude this server is so lifeless with no expansions on horizon and same personality types abundant . I promised myself 60 and think of it more as punishment for my sins lvliNg to it. Do urself a favor and stay on live or another mmo or red server. All better choices for life .

Ganjar
11-28-2016, 06:31 PM
However it's nice to come back and see not much has changed. Where else can you find that in life.

skarlorn
11-28-2016, 06:43 PM
I would recommend any other activity. Consider getting into hard Drugs. If you get out the other side, you'll have better stories and more life experience

Issar
11-28-2016, 09:27 PM
However it's nice to come back and see not much has changed. Where else can you find that in life.

Grandmas house, national forests, the Grand Canyon, the Pyramids of Giza...

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

jackd104
11-30-2016, 11:14 AM
I recently started back after years and the server is lively enough to be a lot of fun.

FatMice
11-30-2016, 11:59 AM
I would recommend any other activity. Consider getting into hard Drugs. If you get out the other side, you'll have better stories and more life experience

Choose this path. Easy college essay topic. You could end up with a full ride to a University of your choice. Just make sure your writing skills weren't lost along with all those brain cells.