PDA

View Full Version : Level 15 Druid , never been grouped

Alpina
12-03-2016, 06:39 PM
As the title says , I have been here 3 months and have never been in a group - where should I go and what is my part in the group ? snare ,harmony, part time healer , DOT - not sure what I am for - Jokin - the Furry Footed Animal Lover

Topgunben
12-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Damage shield, SOW, skin buffs, heals, DD.

Big groups aren't good for DOT'S, and snaring is great, but I found that in bigger groups it was a waste of mana and time (but not always) because mobs dropped so fast.

A great trio is monk, druid, necro. Or duo with necro or Mage.

Lhancelot
12-03-2016, 07:20 PM
thorns cost a ton of mana for lowbie druids, usually a waste of mana. Most of the time druid is best to heal a group as a lowbie. Snare if needed of course. It really depends on the group composition. Almost always though, your primary job at lvl 15 will be healing group members.

Topgunben
12-03-2016, 07:41 PM
thorns cost a ton of mana for lowbie druids, usually a waste of mana. Most of the time druid is best to heal a group as a lowbie. Snare if needed of course. It really depends on the group composition. Almost always though, your primary job at lvl 15 will be healing group members.

All good advice, but I still think shield of thistles is a good use of mana. 40 mana for a 6 damage shield that last for 15 ticks at level 15. Although to be most efficient, it requires constant pulls.

Compare that with ignite, and it's much much more efficient.

rollin5k
12-03-2016, 09:14 PM
One suggestion would be to join a leveling guild so you can not have to sit lfg or spam tells for a group. Would probably be a better learning experience than pick up groups

Red_Messiah
12-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Thunderdome is a good choice if you need to group up :)

Lhancelot
12-03-2016, 10:11 PM
All good advice, but I still think shield of thistles is a good use of mana. 40 mana for a 6 damage shield that last for 15 ticks at level 15. Although to be most efficient, it requires constant pulls.

Compare that with ignite, and it's much much more efficient.

That and if the druid is geared well with mana items, otherwise the thorns are hard to keep up. I just assume the druid is geared for his lvl, not a twink.

ZiggyTheMuss
12-04-2016, 05:16 AM
Damn bro dr00d is an easy solo class. I went 1-51 in a month EZPZ.

Lhancelot
12-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Damn bro dr00d is an easy solo class. I went 1-51 in a month EZPZ.

It's true. I asked for ideas where to lvl the druid, and within 2 weeks hit 44 on my druid and got all his port spells. I suppose gear had a lot to do with it too, but even so, compared to some other classes druid levels really quickly. It's not till you hit 53-54 that you hit a wall.

Pyrion
12-05-2016, 07:57 AM
In oasis, where you might level until 20, druid can be a great DPS class by charming animals. Just don't try to charm too high, keep animals a good few levels below you. You can not lower their resistance so if they are too high they will break fast (on average).

Old Prexus
12-05-2016, 07:41 PM
halfling milk is always in high demand for parched sojourners.