PDA

View Full Version : Props to Heart <Rare Spawn> 54 bard

Rheaume
12-04-2016, 04:57 AM
I was on my 33 rng and *** barely *** got fte before him on AC in South Ro. No way I could have secured the kill if he chose to kill it.

Thank you, Heart. Very cool.

Nordenwatch
12-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Is the state of the AC camp really such that merely following the rules is deserving of public acknowledgement?

Trollhide
12-04-2016, 04:23 PM
All good, sro is cutthroat af but you gotta respect the rule of law

Lhancelot
12-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Is the state of the AC camp really such that merely following the rules is deserving of public acknowledgement?

Yes. It's ridiculous how bad people behave when pixels are at stake.

Tingowingo
12-04-2016, 05:53 PM

It's not just the state of that camp, but the server as a whole with all of the ass-hatery within all camps from high-end raid targets to Hadden. You get enough of that and you realize that people just suck. So I guess it's still relieving to see someone be respectful to prompt another person to blast them on the webz. We can be better, but complimenting doesn't leave a sour taste at all

Speedi
12-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Praise heart! Good to see stuff like this!

I also find it funny when someone does the right thing, people hardly reply.

Say this was a thread where someone KS'd the AC. This thread would be at least 5-6 long pages by now. Shame shame shame!

Again, praise heart! :)

Maelstrom
12-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Heart is a cood dude. I was looking for the forager in TT and he pulled it right to me. Saved me a lot of time. Thanks man!

Lhancelot
12-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Heart is a cood dude. I was looking for the forager in TT and he pulled it right to me. Saved me a lot of time. Thanks man!

How appropriate his name is Heart, and he actually has one!

EQBallzz
12-04-2016, 06:48 PM
GG Heart. It's especially nice to see a bard getting praise when many bard encounters are less than pleasant on P99.

fastboy21
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Camping the AC in south ro is just a free for all. Most folks (no track, no cheats, no big dps nukes) are better off just getting in line at the OOT spot.

Its nice that someone played by the rules and wasn't a jerk, but the reality of the camp is that you should expect anyone there to try to KS you. As a result, you have to either commit to being a jerk too or move to OOT. Very very unlikely that you'll get the kill otherwise, unfortunatly. glad it worked out for the OP , but his experience is the exception to the rule.

Trollhide
12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Camping the AC in south ro is just a free for all. Most folks (no track, no cheats, no big dps nukes) are better off just getting in line at the OOT spot.

Its nice that someone played by the rules and wasn't a jerk, but the reality of the camp is that you should expect anyone there to try to KS you. As a result, you have to either commit to being a jerk too or move to OOT. Very very unlikely that you'll get the kill otherwise, unfortunatly. glad it worked out for the OP , but his experience is the exception to the rule.

I've killed probably 7-8 sro ACs in the last month. I've narrowly lost several and I've narrowly beaten people to several. They weren't happy about it but I haven't had a problem with anyone not respecting FTE and attempting to KS.

fastboy21
12-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I've killed probably 7-8 sro ACs in the last month. I've narrowly lost several and I've narrowly beaten people to several. They weren't happy about it but I haven't had a problem with anyone not respecting FTE and attempting to KS.

My experience has been either I run into a jerk who doesn't care about FTE and thinks its a DPS race...or, the person I'm racing legit thinks they got the FTE when I had already aggro'd.

I haven't done the sro AC in probably almost two years now, so maybe the scene isn't as bad as it used to be here.

skarlorn
12-05-2016, 07:58 PM
just poking my head in here to remind someone adhering to the play nice policy should not be grounds for a thread

community has fallen far

Tenet
12-06-2016, 07:29 AM
just poking my head in here to remind someone adhering to the play nice policy should not be grounds for a thread

community has fallen far

I disagree. If there is something what should work well in the world of sunshine and rainbows, but the hard reality usually kicks people in the butt, it is worth honoring those showing good sportsmanship.

P99Druid
12-07-2016, 08:48 PM
People will most definitely steal it. I had FTE on him with a snare and a creeping crud with my Druid so he was at 99% and snared chasing me when someone ran up and nuked him for almost half his health. My Druid was only 38 at the time so I had no way to compete with that. I'd have boots for my enchanter right now if that hadn't happened. It really sucked as a fairly new player on the server, I was excited to sell the boots so I could buy a pair with my enchanter(enchanter is my main now, up to level 32).

Lhancelot
12-08-2016, 10:41 AM
I disagree. If there is something what should work well in the world of sunshine and rainbows, but the hard reality usually kicks people in the butt, it is worth honoring those showing good sportsmanship.

Agree with this, 100%. Never in the time of human civilization was good will or good deeds done not recognized by other people, regardless that it was the "right" thing to do.

Only in a utopian fantasy world where some other sentient creatures (not humans) live together would everyone do what they are expected to do for their fellow community of denizens.

Humans operate selfishly by nature, and so when one actually fights off this greed for oneself in a selfless show of humility granting another human something they themselves could have taken we should celebrate this and acknowledge this special individual.

By not showing appreciation for selfless acts commited by unselfish people, we basically have succumbed to the belief and understanding that it's normal to be selfish and inadvertently the only encouragement being shown worthwhile is for when people take from others for personal gain and greed.

Essentially those with consciences celebrate the good will of others while sociopaths do not, in a genuine fashion anyway.

Waedawen
12-09-2016, 01:20 AM
atta boy

AC camp is where boys become men and where men show their true nature

Muggens
12-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Agree with this, 100%. Never in the time of human civilization was good will or good deeds done not recognized by other people, regardless that it was the "right" thing to do.

Only in a utopian fantasy world where some other sentient creatures (not humans) live together would everyone do what they are expected to do for their fellow community of denizens.

Humans operate selfishly by nature, and so when one actually fights off this greed for oneself in a selfless show of humility granting another human something they themselves could have taken we should celebrate this and acknowledge this special individual.

By not showing appreciation for selfless acts commited by unselfish people, we basically have succumbed to the belief and understanding that it's normal to be selfish and inadvertently the only encouragement being shown worthwhile is for when people take from others for personal gain and greed.

Essentially those with consciences celebrate the good will of others while sociopaths do not, in a genuine fashion anyway.

Not true, this is your conceived world perspective. Humans are not selfish by nature.

Lhancelot
12-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Not true, this is your conceived world perspective. Humans are not selfish by nature.

This is your conceived world perspective. Humans are selfish by nature.

That's just it, perspectives are not always factual. My perspective may be very different than yours, but it doesn't mean I am wrong. Or, vice versa.

That being said, I am going to go with my opinion and my perspective though, and stand by what I believe which is that all humans are selfish by nature.