PDA

View Full Version : A gratitude thread of the day

Lhancelot
12-04-2016, 08:38 PM
When I read about Heart not being greedy and allowing a lower lvl player to get a specific mob when he could have easily taken it away, it made me think about random acts of kindness I have had with different people on this server.

I figured, why not consolidate our experiences into one thread, then we could at least have one positive thread going that involves other players on p99?

I want to share a small story about Eatery, who I never met in the game prior to this day. This was awhile back, but, I feel he deserves a thanks and a show of appreciation on my behalf for his help this particular day.

I was trying to get the cobalt scar dragon tooth on a character, and understood the route. I just didn't know at the time you had to have a key to get through SS's statue.

I wandered a bit lost, and after a long period of time of not being sure where to go I found the statue, only I had no clue what to do next. I then noticed this bard Eatery nearby, and asked him how I was supposed to get out, if this was the correct spot for me to exit into cobalt scar etc.

He immediately grouped me up, then went to see if he could get me the key to get out. When he seen the mob was not up that gives the key, he told me so, and explained that had it been up he could have gotten me the key for the statue. He then granted the exit from SS for us both.

He then ran me with bard speed through the mobs, showed me where the tooth was, and made sure I got it before bidding me farewell and GL.

I realize it seems pretty insignificant, but for me random acts of kindness mean something to me. It shows someone that has no ties to a total stranger can and will take time out of their day to help others with nothing to gain personally.

Thanks Eatery, for the help that day and I hope you still have a great attitude towards lowbies and newbs that might need your help. It really does make a difference. :p

If anyone has a story of gratitude, feel free to post here I would enjoy reading about what someone has done for you today or any other day in the past that really made a positive impression on you.

Doctor Jeff
12-04-2016, 08:39 PM
gay

Red_Messiah
12-04-2016, 09:17 PM
I joined red back in 2012 I think. I met some fine upstanding members of the EQ community, notably one guy who was not only friendly but a skilled pvp'er, and someone who bankrolled me enough plat to get my jewelcraft to 250 as well as giving me some other shit to put on alts.

Never forget the guy, my monk still holds a peacebringer which was a cutting edge weapon at the time, and still good.

Don't know much about blue these days but from the forums seems like you guys just want to dick each other over for pixels.

Herpa Derp
12-04-2016, 10:01 PM
The best thing about this community is the players, even if at times the unfriendly minority seem to be the vocal majority.

Edit: Also, cheers to the staff for spending so much of your time to make sure I have something to do instead of sleep. You guys rock.

Auvdar
12-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Ill bet this guy hasnt donated yet.

Just shut the fuck up.

skarlorn
12-04-2016, 10:43 PM
if these 2 are prime examples of community goodwill, we have fallen far

Auvdar
12-04-2016, 10:50 PM
dont mind Avudars filthy mouth OP he has social problems and cant really interact with anyone around here at all.

That's cute. But really, shut the fuck up.

Ahldagor
12-04-2016, 11:33 PM
dont mind Avudars filthy mouth OP he has social problems and cant really interact with anyone around here at all.

Careful about trollin server chat